Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do women cook anymore??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Touchdown Bundy
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??Page 5 of 36    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36)
My ex didn't even know how to turn a computer on let alone the difference between the C drive or the hard drive.

?

Hmmm, that's a pretty interesting statement. Perhaps you could explain the difference to me since I'm under the impression that a "C" drive is a hard drive.

It's really quite simple...the old "women belong in the kitchen" mentality brings about the problem....makes it sound like we don't belong anywhere else...yanno?...the differnce between appreciating and demanding clears that up for me personally...

No one is saying that women belong in the kitchen. I'm more than willing to share the duties, yet I'm hearing a lot of "it's degrading to even expect me to know how to cook." All I'm asking for is someone who can at least add to the responsibilities of daily life, rather than get offended by the expectation of same equality they are asking for.
 wolftxus
Msg: 102
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 4:13:57 PM
"If people nickle-and-dime EVERY aspect of life, it's no wonder there are so many bitter and lonely people out there."
I think you hit the nail on the head. Those who insist on 50-50, especially with cooking which is clearly not my forte, tend to be that way.

In response to the rest of your post: Suppose I was interested in you and you can do all the things that I do, why could you possibly be interested in me? Would you not want something in your partner that is outside your skillset? Most women want something 'brought to the table', and I don't mean food. After your post I would feel superfluous and might think you are better off alone then.
 Lima78
Msg: 103
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 4:15:25 PM
How 'bout you cook and I assemble the table????
 Monkey_brains
Msg: 104
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 4:18:29 PM

Next it will be....dont women darn socks anymore?

For the record, I refuse to darn socks....mostly because I don't know wtf it means to 'darn' ...are socks the only piece of clothing that you can 'darn'....and if so, why?...

OT: I'm kinda a peacock in the kitchen...I like to flaunt my feathers while all the other birds flock around....
 sdbySassyGal
Msg: 105
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 4:21:33 PM
LOL Monkey_brains... darning is a type of sewing where you actually weave a new section where there was once a hole... for the price of socks these days, I doubt many people would bother with such a tedious job anymore! (my apologies to those that may)
 eschec mat
Msg: 106
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 4:25:46 PM

Hmmm, that's a pretty interesting statement. Perhaps you could explain the difference to me since I'm under the impression that a "C" drive is a hard drive.
I set my computer up ie I installed the hardware which means I did the designations. My hard drive is my D drive, my C is slaved. I also have an E and F - DVD/CD - MAD DOG's.

I learned how to write programs on the NCR tower back in the day. My dad had key punch and mag card when I was a kid. I grew up on computers. We had one of the first home pc's that were made with a TV. Earliest game was one where you got people from earth to some planet and back. You had to know how many deaths you could have, how much food could be eaten by the rats, etc.

I might be a geek, I know who and what I am, but my boyfriend digs me, that is what is important.
 Eibu
Msg: 107
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 4:26:43 PM
whether or not the ladies of the upcoming generation can cook or not, id probably say best learn to take care of things yourself anyways. But of course id agree i would love someone who can cook or at least want to learn to cook, because being in the kitchen can be a great experience just becareful not to piss her off, she might surprise you at how well she can use the knife rofl :P
 HappyLibra70
Msg: 108
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 4:27:09 PM
I cook! Only when I'm hungry. Other than that I don't want to advertise it for fear of having some hungry,underfed individual who may want to get close to me so that he can be fed! Got to watch them real closely and keep them at bay by not giving such information.
 forumologist
Msg: 109
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 4:30:41 PM
Only when I feel like it. I eat more raw foods now and I'm healthier.
 jsphn11
Msg: 110
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 4:34:39 PM

Perhaps you could explain the difference to me since I'm under the impression that a "C" drive is a hard drive.

Hard drive is a physical item, and C-drive is a logical item. If you do a partition you may have few drives: C-drive, F-drive, N-drive (assign any name) on a single hard drive.

That’s just the theory that I picked up from my tech co-workers. I’ve never done patrician myself though
 forumologist
Msg: 111
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 4:35:15 PM

unless their father cooks

So if the dad doesn't cook is HE condemning his kids too.

Just wondering if this is a sin specifically to be carried by women or if this part of parenting is an equal opportunity option.

I have always made more than the men in my life so don't say I should cook bc my work is secondary or optional to a man's. There's lots of women like me btw.

My daughter always ate very well, bc either I cooked or I could afford to eat out and make good food choices.
 Motto_Bella
Msg: 112
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 4:35:45 PM
I enjoy cooking but don't do it 7 days a week. I'm single ~ pot roast 4 days in a row isn't appealing. When there's opportunity to cook for two (or more), I happily transform into my domestic diva self.
 nigelwright
Msg: 113
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 4:44:11 PM
If a woman refused to cook and do the housework if not working while i was she would very quickly see the door !

A relationship is also a partnership and I am not a parent replacement for anyone !

Some people are just bone idle, it doesnt take that much effort to learn to cook.
 tikkamassala
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 4:45:50 PM
not since the invention of the microwave and ready made meals
 ~GoneSailing~
Msg: 115
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 4:46:39 PM
I'm a gourmet cook, I cook professionally and I love cooking for family, friends and especially my man. It's how I show and give love.

Sorry you're choosing women who don't.
Sucks to be you!
 eschec mat
Msg: 116
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 4:48:11 PM

If you do a partition
If you have a really large hard drive, partitions are the way to go. But I physically have two drives, the one that came with the computer, the C and the one I added, the D. I use my D as the hard drive and slaved my C.

Honestly I often keep my mouth shut when people talk about different things. I found out that it doesn't pay to put in your two cents when you do know about supposedly male fields. I worked with programmers, accountants and engineers most of my adulthood. Believe me, they never changed their tires. My dad did teach me that you learn more by listening than talking anyway.

My son said something to me tonight, he is 17. He said that you don't need a cook book if you watch Hell's Kitchen or some other Chef Ramsay shows. He says he teaches you without measuring. I still measure myself, but hey, my son is doing a great job. He can do tips and spaghetti that are fab
 sweet lady Lori
Msg: 117
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 4:53:55 PM
Good gawd...how old are you? Be prepared for some back lash because this may offend some ladies!

I for one cook all the time - always did...even when I was raising 4 young children & working full time, I would make a big supper almost every night and we ate at the dining room table. I still cook, though not as much, but only because my kids are adults and all but one are on their own. And yes, they can all cook - - - because I taught them!!

Nothing wrong with your opinion. However, I can assemble my own table so how about you make me that ham sandwich?
 Monkey_brains
Msg: 118
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 4:54:46 PM

If a woman refused to cook and do the housework if not working while i was she would very quickly see the door !

This kind of ultimatum would make you see my big mama as.s on the way out long before the door closed....

Nobody in today's world HAS to cook, there are many different options to stock the body ....healthy concerns aside and available....I choose to cook...not a luxury all can afford, all the time...
 Rosemary24
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 4:55:18 PM
Sometimes I enjoy cooking, sometimes I don't. I tend to do it more and more, since I'm on a limited budget, and I just not finding restaurants that have decent food at a decent price. I don't hold with the notion that one gender should cook and other shouldn't. In my opinion, if your in a relationship, the chores (cleaning, cooking and so on) should be split more or less equal. How that is split is up to the two of you in the relationship. But neither partner, once they have agreed to split the chores, shouldn't criticize or belittle the other that doesn't do things the 'right' way. For example, I know of women that get bent out of shape if the towels aren't folded 'correctly' or the vacuuming isn't done 'right'. Either do to your satisfaction and don't **** about having to do it, or let the other party do it the way they want and don't **** about it being 'wrong'.
 *topchef*
Msg: 120
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 4:57:02 PM

not since the invention of the microwave and ready made meals

I dont buy or eat processed food. That is one thing wrong with our culture....everything needs to happen in minutes. Food cooked from scratch is not only healthier, it is far more delicious. TV dinners and microwave meals were created and mass produced because the majority of women joined the work force. It takes planning, creativity, time and dedication to produce good food cooked by loving hands.

You can have the chemicals, sodium, fat and additives that you get with your microwave meals, it is far less expensive and healthier to eat home cooked food.

Speaking of which....... I'm hungry!!
 Ependa
Msg: 121
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 4:58:25 PM
Of course they do, as do men. I'll assemble my own table, thanks anyway. Though , I personally would not cuss nearly as much if women wrote the instructions instead of men drawing those goofy little 'and then a miracle happens' pictures. We are definitely not all intuitive about such things.
I cooked & baked all while my daughter was growing up, daily. And loved it, but it definitely was a duty as well. I now only cook for pure enjoyment =) So I go through phases of lots of carryout and cereal ..then lots of home cooking. It's nice actually.
I think life would be pretty damn boring if men and women were identical in their stregths, weaknesses, and approaches.
 forumologist
Msg: 122
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 5:08:21 PM

darning is a type of sewing where you actually weave a new section where there was once a hole... for the price of socks these days, I doubt many people would bother with such a tedious job anymore! (my apologies to those that may)

Funny you should say that. I just darned some black leggings bc when my daughter went to put them on for a date her nail went right through them and she really wanted to wear them. I taught her how to do it at the same time. You never know when those things grandma taught you will come in handy and I like the thought of passing on those skills to another generation.
 Monkey_brains
Msg: 123
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 5:18:24 PM
Wow...^^^How wonderful that you found a woman who doesn't mind you belittling her gender....not too mention your obvious distain and predomincance before us all! How utterly rediculous that anyone should be choosing to do what is best for them?!!

Us lazy liberated self-absorbed types can only hope to find a man that cooks better than us......*sigh*
 tbuddha
Msg: 124
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 5:22:22 PM
^^^^Shouldn't be too hard since most of the top chefs in the world are men.
 ForumFilly
Msg: 125
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 5:36:48 PM
I have friends of both genders who cook very well and really enjoy it. I CAN cook, but it isn't a favorite pastime of mine. I do enjoy cooking when my partner and I do it together. That elevates it from a chore to a pleasurable activity. Only one of my past partners bothered to help with meals and that made it a joy. The others just sat and watched TV or played on the computer while I did all the work and that is where the lack of enthusiasm came from. When what you do is expected, demanded and unappreciated, you don't have the desire to do it.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do women cook anymore??