Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Has anyone met someone from this site and what happened.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PinkiePinkerton
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Has anyone met someone from this site and what happened.Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

"I've been on here for months and not actually met a soul. Made plenty of friends but this is supposed to be a dating site, right?

Another thing. Do women go for personality or looks? If they say personality, I find that hard to believe.

Point number 3. What is your success rate? I mean I write to at least 20 different women a night, 5 nights a week (100). Out of that 100, I get maybe 10-12 replies. Is that normal?

I'd love to go on one of those POF nights but I suppose fear of failure gets in the way. Anyone experience that?"

Just to give you a few pointers from a female perspective... Take the self-deprecating comment off of the photos. Create something in your interests category that shows you have an imagination and you know how to use it (a good romance requires one IMHO). If a woman receives your note and sees that you have similar interests it is fodder for conversation and possible mutually enjoyable activities I have good kissers listed in my interests category. Let there be no mistake. A Good Kisser prerequisite is mandatory to even get to a second date (or third if he waited til the 2nd one to kiss me). And looks/chemistry IS important. I am more attracted to a man's brain than his crotch though. If the brain catches me, the rest will follow. Plus it helps if he smells good - not like overdone cologne though...Yuck! Hope this helps. Happy fishing
 FreckledTexan
Msg: 77
Has anyone met someone from this site and what happened.
Posted: 8/23/2009 11:24:56 PM
I am more into personalities than looks, perhaps because I am certainly not a #10 myself. I hope to be judged by my personality and not my looks, but I realize that will seldom happen.
I have met a number of men here and started going on dates with some of them. I have met some really nice men. I have had a great time with each of them, wonderful conversations, laughter etc. But, the chemistry has only been there a couple of times. So I will keep answering every email and sending out some of my own. I know we have to stay positive in all of this. Good luck.
 outdoorsgirl2
Msg: 78
Posted: 8/24/2009 2:34:50 AM
Looks help initially but it is how we experience you that counts. Looks helps attract but do not provide the cement.
 outdoorsgirl2
Msg: 79
Posted: 8/24/2009 2:47:55 AM

BUT, from your email...if you're spending that much time on here and sending out that many emails.....I'm going to take a wild guess and say you sound as desperate in your emails as you sound on this post. You definitely need to take a breather for a bit.

I felt somewhat the same when reading the OP's profile. To the OP, I'd get rid of this part: "I normally improve peoples lives just by meeting them. Hope I can do the same for you". I don't have a name for the emotion this triggered but suffice it to say it made me uncomfortable just reading it. I cannot imagine responding to someone with this in their profile.

Caring and compassion are communicated over time, through emails, meeting together, and seeing how they react around situations that develop.
 crisaiden
Msg: 80
Posted: 8/24/2009 3:16:12 AM
Looks is def. A factor when replying back but its also the vibe you get from the messenger. Some people are jus really creepy and try to hard. I have gone out on dates with some people I have met on this site and the only thing I can say is, your not gonna find the ONE the 1st time, 2nd, 3rd or whatever. Maybe they aren't even online. Jus be positive and learn from every person you meet. If You have standards you will not lower them for anyone.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 81
Posted: 8/24/2009 10:30:34 AM
Well, it's not either or, it's both. Looks is #1 for women and guys. Don't let anyone tell you any different. They're not going to date a humpback midget, even if they have THE #1 personality of all time. And if women on here are saying "personality means more than looks", what they're saying is that looks is #1, but personality will grant you real sustained interest. Especially when you're talking about STRANGERS online. They don't know your personality yet -- looks determines if they're going to write back or not.

So you're batting about .120 in terms of replies. May not be that bad -- depends on who you are and who you're writing to. If you're going after only BBWs and you're batting that average, there's something wrong, and I'd go to the Profile Review section. If you're hitting up the hottest women you can find in a 100 mile radius, then I'd say that you're probably just fine and dandy. Make sure what you write doesn't sound like a form letter.
 DrGr33nThumb
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2009 2:33:58 PM
Have faith and be patient. Ive talked with several ladies from here. All of them were great people. But there has only been one who stole my heart. Her and I have been seeing each other now for a couple of weeks now. And the future is looking fantastic. When the right one comes around, you'll know it. Sometimes a lil adjustment in your profile will help. Make sure you know who YOU are first, and what you need to be happy. The rest will fall into place.

Good luck
Believe in yourself
 ncnurse13
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2009 6:04:40 PM
I have been on this site for a couple of months...only because it is free. I hate those site that you have to pay for, and I think they are a waste of money. When I came across this site, I was estatic.....Well I have replied to many profiles, and out of all the ones I have applied to... I have had one direct contact. In fact we met for the first time this weekend. He was very, very nice. We went out to breakfast and then took a couple of laps around Wal Mart because the weather was soooooo bad. We finally said we would see each other again when the weather was better and we could do more stuff.

I had another person contact me who said he was already in a relationship from this site and wanted to see how things went, but "thanks for writing him".... thats was nice of him to at least acknowledge my letter.

I had a kid get in touch with me yesterday saying how he loved older women and would love to talk to me. I did write him back and said I was sorry, but I had nothing in common with a 32 year old.. and that I had a son the same age.

What is the matter with these guys. You state true facts on your profile.. have a nice pic posted... and NOTHING happens. I get so disguested. I am far from ugly and do have alot to offer in a relationship. I am not looking to hop into bed with the first guy I meet... I would just like a nice dinner or coffee and some nice conversation. I am not looking for someone to slip a ring on my finger or anything else like that? I just want to start off slow... but how can you do that if no one responds..... Very frustrating to say the least. Any suggestions....????? Thanks
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Has anyone met someone from this site and what happened.