Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > They are showing online for hours & says it's not them doing it? It'      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ThaiMae
Msg: 76
 bmoreko
Msg: 77
They are showing online for hours & says it's not them doing it? It's automatic honey????
Posted: 4/28/2012 10:32:16 AM
OK ... not so fast.

I was just accused by a woman of being online all morning and not send her an email. In fact my computer was powered on but I was not logged into PoF. She says she saw me online at 8:45, 9:30, 10:30 and I never logged in today until noon. I suspect PoF is keeping ID showing as logged in when they are not to generate traffic and I'm pissed.

Aside from the fact that we hadn't met and she was already accusing me of things I didn't do this showing people online when they are not has to stop and I sent PoF a message. I suspect it might have to do with closing the browser tab or window without logging out but I'm not certain. Either way PoF should no when there is not an active logged in connection. Banks know and time you out and log you out after at set amount of time so it can be done. PoF needs to fix this ASAP.
 ariat82
Msg: 78
They are showing online for hours & says it's not them doing it? It's automatic honey????
Posted: 4/28/2012 10:58:45 AM
My question is this, why do you care? you were on there too!
 SnowMoon2012
Msg: 79
Posted: 4/28/2012 11:26:05 AM
They both broke the cardinal rule of dating wait till morning to check your mail...
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 80
Posted: 4/28/2012 11:35:26 AM

Well... I know a good deal about conserving server time. Do you think that the brilliant Markus, the founder of this site, would allow all of us to just set our computers up to stay automatically logged into the site for hours???

Not being super computer savvy, I don't know for sure how all of this works, but I have called people on my home phone 30 minutes AFTER I signed off here, and they tell me the site shows me as being logged on, and I have had people tell me that the mobile app on their cellphone shows them being on all the time when they are not.
 snowstorm22
Msg: 81
Posted: 4/28/2012 12:43:26 PM
Unless Casper the ghost is on your computer when your not around,
i would call obvious bullshit on that one.
 okfinewhateva
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2012 1:47:25 PM
I gotta agree . Getting ticked off because your date is online while you did the same thing. Ms. Pot meet Mr. Kettle....
 starofgaia
Msg: 83
Posted: 4/28/2012 3:38:54 PM
He is a dishonest cretin. Don't pay him any mind.
 AGirlForU
Msg: 84
Posted: 4/28/2012 4:11:47 PM
referring to the initial post-
it'll show you're online for at least 30min after you've logged off
 CoffeeShopSundays
Msg: 85
Posted: 4/28/2012 4:16:26 PM
Unique28173.........I understand how you can think he is lying but from one woman to another.......he might be telling the truth. I have an android Galaxy S phone whereupon I can manage my apps to store my info in such a way that I stay logged into everything all the time. I do this because I don't like having to use the tiny keyboard on the phone to log into everything when I just want to quickly check email. It makes me look like I am always online, but I can assure you I am not. He probably is doing the same thing or something similar. I also do it on my laptop because I don't like constantly logging into everything all the time. I just want you to know from another woman that it is indeed possible. Good luck and take care.
 smua
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2012 5:56:36 PM
I get on here after meets. The first thing I do is send the meet a note thanking them. But then I read my emails and cruise the forums. Even if the meet went really well, it was a first meet. This isn't like dating someone from real world that I already know and have an idea if I like their character or not. To commit to someone after the first meet strikes me as silly. I can like what I've seen so far and still need to get to know them better. And I am not cutting off everyone else until I'm more sure.
 TomNag
Msg: 87
Posted: 4/29/2012 1:53:55 PM
Pretty sure the iPhone app keeps you logged in as online, I know you show up in mobil part, but it only signs you out if your iPhone turns off, not sure maybe macs do that as well but you are right the web site on a pc with most browsers usually log you out after 30 min of server inactivity
 Pingshooter
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2012 2:10:47 PM

I have an android Galaxy S phone whereupon I can manage my apps to store my info in such a way that I stay logged into everything all the time.

Bingo!

I don't have anyone complaining when I am on here, however, I was using the Android phone app, took a call from my brother, conversed, and about an hour later tried to get on via my laptop..to find out I was already logged on.
 WFforDarkMate
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2012 6:55:12 PM
May sound funny, but a friend of mine created a dating site. and one thing he had programmers do was 'keep' someone online whose profile got a lot of looksees. it promoted business for him, and kept the site growing. I have had times someone I conversed with telling me they saw me online on a day I KNEW I wasn't cause I was in dentist chair at time he said I was there. And I don't have iphone or iapp. I only log on to system from my home laptop. Guarantee it was not in the dentist chair with me.
 nubeginnings64
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2012 7:05:41 AM
It's NOT you business one way or the other & you shouldn't have even inquired, ESPECIALLY since you were doing the same thing. So who's the real game player here. He who didn't want to put you off by telling you he was looking at other potentials & answering emails or you who spoofed him & had the audacity to quiz him over it.

Oh & FYI.... A date & it was only a meet & greet, doesn't make you THE date. GROW UP!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > They are showing online for hours & says it's not them doing it? It's "automatic" honey????