Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > are you ready to be in love again?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Huntingwulf
Msg: 26
view profile
History
are you ready to be in love again?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
For myself? ...The answer is yes, albeit that although I may love, finding one who will love one back? Now there is the problem. Many people are just too shy and reserved to make that initial connection. Some of us are just too fearful of rejection. I am not sure whether I am of the former, or the later. Maybe both

We seem to be living in an era where "Temorary Relationships" are the norm. Considering what some people have been through I can understand this. All to often I have come across people who, due to the past, enter relationships with the belief that "It's not going to last, so why bother".

Yes, they may be in love with someone, they just cannot accept that he/she is in love with them. Maybe expectations are out of the ballpark? I feel that where one expects too much, one ends up with nothing.

Personaly, were I to meet the right one? Then I am ready. If I don't find the right one? I'll just go on another long ride
 gomezaddams
Msg: 27
are you ready to be in love again?
Posted: 9/4/2009 8:37:55 PM
Judging by the posts on this forum; no wonder the psychotherapy business is a growth industry.

There is an Arabic story which used to be told in motivational psychology seminars run for businessmen.

In the middle of the desert in the Middle East is a small oasis with an underground spring bubbling water to the surface. The spring in recorded history has never dried up and serves as a resting place for travellers between destinations.

Within the oasis permanently resides an old man who acts as host and a guide.

One day, a traveller approached the old man for information about the next town.

The guy asks the old man “what are the people like in the next town.”
The old man replies “what are the people like in the last town.”
The guy replies “they were very hospitable people; I did not want to leave but my employment requires travelling between towns.”
The old man replies “you will find the same people in the next town.
The guy thanks the old man and he departs.

A short time later another guy approaches the old man and says “old man what are the people like in the next town.”
The old man replies “what are the people like in the last town.”
The guy replies “they were a bunch of thieves and freeloaders.”
The old man replies “you will find the same people in the next town.”
The guy departs.

There happens to be another guy who heard both conversations.
The guy turns around to the old man and says “old man how can you be such a hypocrite? Two opposing replies to two different people.”
The old man replies “hypocrisy has nothing to do with it; the first man made friends; the second man found enemies. In the previous town like next town you will find both. The first guy associated with good people the second guy associated with scum.”

The moral of the story is that no matter where you reside on this planet; you will find and associate with people on your moral and ethical level.

A successful person is a person who learns from their mistakes, and never repeats them. A failure is a person who repeats their mistakes and blames their partner and society.

It is my experience that most people in singles dating and very evident from the adolescent profiles they write; don’t learn from their previous mistakes. They change partners and repeat the scenario with a different partner.

Learn to step off the crazy merry-go-round of life; get a life and enjoy your limited time on this planet.

If a person is not happy and contented within; no amount of money or sex will ever make that person happy.

Romance is a marketing tool. If romance is as good as portrayed in books, movies, music, etc; why is there a 40% divorce rate in western societies?

Falling in love is a cliché used in western cultures to describe an illicit sexual function. Love is an emotion; one of many emotions. When Cupid’s Arrow snaps, then and only then does a person see their partner for what they are.

Sex is a biological reproductive drive. The euphoria experienced after orgasm is not love. The euphoria is the result of the hormonal balance in the body.

Laughter creates the euphoria of the psychological release from stress. It is an emotional response to balancing the left brain right brain function.

Commitment is accepting the financial responsibility of purchase a home, paying off the mortgage and living a harmonious balance with your selected partner.

Relationships don’t fail in the bedroom. Relationships fail because the financial and social infrastructure required to support a harmonious relationship implodes. People lack the psychological tools to learn from and rectify their mistakes. That leads to partner abuse.

True Love is:

Your only child is dying of a terminal illness. You are prepared to sacrifice your life in order to give your child an opportunity to experience the euphoria of adulthood and having children. You die; your child lives.
 soulmate08
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2009 8:42:58 PM
well i have in the past fallen in love...through/evolved from....many ways...and more than 3 times..
friendship.. (exhubby)
lust....(exlover)... but was too late to realise the character/content underneath.. wasn't .. ideal..
emotions/attractions..
i have learn't enough to now want to fall in love with/from my soul..
ive sorted through... (i believe once you create love for someone.. it never goes away.... but can be put in a peacful place within..)
so im not" in love' with anyone.. no longings... no...... if someone called.. id jump.. no regrets... etc.. its all sorted.. i still love them all.. and would go/help anyof them.. but never in love with them...
i am a blank canvas...... of the heart/soul..... only thing.. is finding someone.. who wants the same level...and finds me loveable..
and who's character... spirit... is... loveable.. the rest...... is honey...
edit.. I don't fall in love easily... I recognise emotional reaction.. will fizzle/pass but enjoy them.. ... can't be charmed... more than a moment.. but realise it is charm at play.. etc etc..
peace
 richbloke
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2009 6:04:46 PM
Yes, I am ready to be in love again.
 Antonio_1
Msg: 30
Posted: 9/5/2009 6:25:01 PM
Oh yes!

Where is she? haha
 Sam591four1
Msg: 31
Posted: 9/6/2009 4:17:29 AM
Absolutely!!!
All I need now is a willing participant.
 matman
Msg: 32
Posted: 9/6/2009 4:37:03 AM
Are we ever ready for love?
 *PookieDoesPerth*
Msg: 33
Posted: 9/7/2009 6:17:38 AM
^^^^^

No probably not...but its a damn fine state to be in.....

Yes Im ready to love again...now the trick is to find him.................................its a myth that his out there ( the Lochness Monster has more credibility) ....I have to admit..Ive pretty much given up hope !!!
 spicynicegirl
Msg: 34
Posted: 9/7/2009 6:34:33 AM
^^^^^ yes me too but if you stay optimistic then so will I........................deal??
 ~luvUlongtime~
Msg: 35
Posted: 9/7/2009 6:54:26 AM
^^^ Nah! Both of you should join me in the dark side...
Just give up and get cats. Or fish... fish are nice too.
 spicynicegirl
Msg: 36
Posted: 9/7/2009 6:58:11 AM
Ooh that is spooky...............I've been to the dark side and I have 2 cats.....................
 ~luvUlongtime~
Msg: 37
Posted: 9/7/2009 7:26:08 AM

I have 2 cats.....................

And so it begins...

Never underestimate the power of the dark side.
 djrdx
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2009 10:42:27 AM
I'd probably say i've worked through a lot of stuff now, and am ready to love again.
Now my problem is finding someone else who's willing to love again too?
For some reason i find that a lot of my dates/relationships in the past have dealt with physical and emotional abuse, i try to help, or actually manage to help them out, and they move on (better than before they were with me i hope).
How can i stop the cycle though i wonder?
I'm not about to stop caring less about people, but perhaps what else is there that i could do to make it more 'normal'?

Of course, it could also be that i'm totally not getting it and i'm out of practice after 4 years of very infrequent dating.
 aphrodite000
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2009 5:30:12 PM
I have found someone I love, physically and spiritually, but we just don't have that spark that I remember from the past Is it too much to expect that stomach lurching, heart pounding anticipation before a date at my age ?, I hope not but I am beginning to think that maybe it is
 Island home
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2009 9:19:21 PM
^^^^The good news is if you have chosen well, the flame has a chance to grow into some thing really warming rather than the burn and fizzle of b4
Have never liked the idea of falling in love, Would much rather trip gently :-)

edit oh yeah post 27 loved your post, except for your version of true love. What love for your other children have you shown? especially if the one you save may well only last another 6 months, even if that isnt the case you have deprived your kids of a parental protector
 Island home
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2009 5:49:29 AM
need an edit edit here : ok you did state only one kid .........But what about the other dozen or so possibles :-)
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > are you ready to be in love again?