Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > STEELERS!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 newdejavu
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Steelers!Page 5 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
The steelers certainly weren't "fine" last season with him on the team...as they didn't even make the playoffs, so are we to take your statement to mean that the offense will be better without Sant?

The offense wasn't the problem last year, the defense was. Sure, the offense will probably be less explosive without Santonio in the short-run, but he was going to be gone after this year anyway. And, the Jets already only have him for 12 games and probably less given his inability to stay away from drugs...

.....Roeth will never get his "act together" and has proven it over and over!....

Perhaps in the court of public opinion, this statement will end up being true. As a Steelers fan, I want to see the good name of the Steelers held up. Ben will be punished by the NFL and the Steelers. He could end up being traded, or he could get things turned around from this point forward. If he "screws" up again, you can bet he will be shipped out of Pittsburgh on the red-eye.

Btw, don't be too eager to assume the steelers are gonna make the playoffs next season!

Seeing how the Steelers have made the playoffs consistently over the years, they will be back in the hunt with or without Ben.
 petebelongs
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Steelers!
Posted: 4/18/2010 10:42:57 AM
It sure is shocking to see how someone can go from being the MVP of Superbowl XLIII to being worth only a 5th round draft pick in just 14 short months time!
 MGMLION
Msg: 103
Steelers!
Posted: 4/18/2010 2:09:34 PM
Didn't know until last week but the Coke Commerical with the little kid giving Mean Joe Greene his Coke and Joe Greene pitching his Jersey to the kid was done in
Texas Stadium.
 newdejavu
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Steelers!
Posted: 4/18/2010 4:43:50 PM
^^^^Interesting bit of trivia, MGM; never knew that either. Probably one of the all-time great commercials. Mean Joe is from Texas. Curiously, 3 of the 4 famed Steel Curtain linemen went to Texas universities; Mean Joe Green, Dwight White, and Ernie Holmes. The 4th lineman, LC Greenwood, went to college in Arkansas, not far from Texas. So, even this Steeler fan can admit some good things come out of Texas!
 justnancy
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Steelers!
Posted: 4/18/2010 7:26:28 PM

Didn't know until last week but the Coke Commerical with the little kid giving Mean Joe Greene his Coke and Joe Greene pitching his Jersey to the kid was done in
Texas Stadium.

I didn't know that either. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing MGM.

Mean Joe is from Texas

Didn't know that either.

I agree that is one of the all-time great commercials.
 MGMLION
Msg: 106
Steelers!
Posted: 4/18/2010 7:50:20 PM

Thanks for sharing MGM.

Thanks, Mean Joe as the little kid said in the commercial. Your Welcome.

Another memory that happened in that Famous Texas Stadium.
 broncsbuff
Msg: 107
Steelers!
Posted: 4/21/2010 11:01:23 AM
6 games...WELL DESERVED...

Ben is a dirtbag, he is now my favorite player to hate.

Thank goodness Goodell didnt cave to the pressure of a high profile qb in the league..suspended that ass...

Hope rapistburger learns his lesson and gets some help...
 MGMLION
Msg: 108
Steelers!
Posted: 4/21/2010 11:21:35 AM

Hope rapistburger learns his lesson and gets some help...

Anyone else would be doing jail time right now.
 newdejavu
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Steelers!
Posted: 4/21/2010 2:03:41 PM

Ben is a dirtbag, he is now my favorite player to hate.

You may get your wish, broncs, twice a year if the rumors are true that Ben is on the trading block and the Raiders may be interested.....

As a lifelong Steelers fan, I hope they do trade him. The sentiment here in western PA is pretty anti-Ben right now. He's lost local business endorsements, and fans are sending back their #7 jerseys to Steelers headquarters. The Steelers lead the league in female fans, so I can only imagine their disgust with him.

I do hope he gets help (he needs it); but I think the damage is done in the 'burgh and he's gone. Glad the commish handed down the suspension in a timely manner (before the draft).
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 110
Steelers!
Posted: 4/21/2010 2:17:56 PM

Texas Stadium.

Nope, New Rochelle, NY, not Texas.

Highlights in the History of Coca-Cola Television Advertising
Coke Adds Life and Mean Joe Greene

...The casting of this ad was integral to its success. While The Coca-Cola Company had suggested Roger Staubach, the popular quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, McCann opted to use the "Mean"-looking Steeler player instead. The ad was filmed over three days in May 1979 at a stadium in New Rochelle, New York, with Joe Greene and Tommy Okon performing countless retakes and Greene consuming eighteen 16-ounce bottles of Coca-Cola the final day alone.

http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/ccmphtml/colahist.html
 MGMLION
Msg: 111
Steelers!
Posted: 4/21/2010 2:32:42 PM
^^^^^Guess someone's wrong then...

http://starpittsburgh.radio.com/2010/04/12/texas-stadium-gets-blown-up/

Just because it’s fun to watch stuff be imploded.
Over 20,000 people watched the controlled implosion of Texas Stadium yesterday morning. The Dallas Cowboys played 38 seasons there, from 1971 until 2008, when they moved to the new $1.2 billion state-of-the-art ‘Cowboys Stadium.’

The old stadium was famous for having a big opening over the field, since the retractable roof they originally planned didn’t work out. It’s also where they filmed “Any Given Sunday” and that ‘Mean’ Joe Greene Coke commercial.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Steelers!
Posted: 4/21/2010 2:45:26 PM

what makes you think that NE is gonna automatically control that division?......NE showed that they were just a bunch of toothless-tigers this past season........Brady don't have the same mojo he once did....

So you are basing this on what? Speaking of eager, don't be too eager to assume Brady's best days are over with. As long as Brady is the QB of that team you can never count out the Pats for taking that division.

Btw, don't be too eager to assume the steelers are gonna make the playoffs next season!

Wasn't assuimg, just making an example based on the other post in regards to a playoff senario.

As for Ben I feel a trade is coming, the Steelers today signed Leftwich again and he played well for the Steelers when he was there.
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 113
Steelers!
Posted: 4/21/2010 3:07:21 PM
^^^^^Guess someone's wrong then...

Well I guess that would depend on who is the more credible source.

Local Radio Stations re-posting of press release.
http://starpittsburgh.radio.com/2010/04/12/texas-stadium-gets-blown-up/

or

Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division, Library of Congress.
http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/ccmphtml/colahist.html
 justnancy
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Steelers!
Posted: 4/21/2010 4:44:32 PM
According to NFLcom

.. he will be suspended six games without pay.....and must undergo a "comprehensive behavioral evaluation by medical professionals."

The suspension could be reduced to four games for good behavior after the behavioral evaluation is completed. Roethlisberger can't attend any Steelers offseason activity until he completes the evaluation.

I agree I'm glad to see Goodell do something.

I would imagine even if he goes to the Raiders or the Rams he still wouldn't be allowed to attend any offseason activities until he completes the behavioral evaluation.

I wonder WHY a team would want him if he has to sit out six games.
 sum1reel
Msg: 115
Steelers!
Posted: 4/21/2010 7:41:03 PM

So you are basing this on what?

On the sum of the parts!..... look at NE this past season; yeah, they had a good reg season (by most standards), but in many games, the O's timing was off...unlike in past yrs....then they got man-handled by the Saints, which was sobering for them!

In the playoffs, brady was not as fearsome as he had been....the ravens were not intimidated by either the O or the D.

Brady is at a different stage in his life, he is now a father...his priorities have shifted!...he has won just about everything..............BUT, the biggest feather in his cap wudda been a SB victory with an unbeaten record!................that wudda made him a STANDOUT amongst the QB 'greats'...but he couldn't get it, and it left a mental scar in him........he knows that is something he can no longer attain!

As long as Brady is the QB of that team you can never count out the Pats for taking that division.

I'm not counting them out, i just don't think they have the same stamina they once did!
 wizardofossington
Msg: 116
Steelers!
Posted: 4/22/2010 12:25:16 AM

As for Ben I feel a trade is coming, the Steelers today signed Leftwich again and he played well for the Steelers when he was there.

What team wants him? I'm not sure if anybody is willing to take him.
 petebelongs
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Steelers!
Posted: 4/22/2010 6:16:03 AM
Maybe they should just change the team name to the Pittsburgh Feelers!
 wizardofossington
Msg: 118
Steelers!
Posted: 4/22/2010 8:16:09 AM
...his priorities have shifted!...

Sure.... that's why this offseason Brady has showed up to participate in the team's voluntary workout program....Yup, his "priorities have shifted!".

Maybe they should just change the team name to the Pittsburgh Feelers!

I guess singer Usher influenced Ben to behave this when he sang the song, 'I want to make love in this club' from Usher....
 wizardofossington
Msg: 119
Steelers!
Posted: 4/22/2010 9:20:10 AM

What team wants him? I'm not sure if anybody is willing to take him.

Geez...To answer my own questions there could be a chance that Ben can go to Oakland, Cleveland, Buffalo, Jacksonville, or maybe St. Louis (fat chance). Going to St. Louis is very hard to believe when a team has a 1st pick overall, but I can see him going to Oakland or Jacksonville. Oakland for the reason that they sign all the bad apples and mabye Jacksonville for the reason to sell some seats.
 Jake52177
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Steelers!
Posted: 4/22/2010 1:41:00 PM
I know Ben will get a job. Its' note like he killed a bunch of dogs. All he did was allegedly rape 2 women in and a third is in the wing.
 HDready10
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Steelers!
Posted: 4/23/2010 5:24:13 PM
too bad about rothlisberger. it could be tough to loose a franchise player or least thats what i heard this week, he being traded.
the steelers will hurt offensively, but they'll still have the defense. he is a great player and the leader of that team. if he goes he will be missed
 newdejavu
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Steelers!
Posted: 4/23/2010 7:58:53 PM
The trade rumors have died down; looks like Ben is staying in Pittsburgh (for now - pending his compliance with the terms of his suspension, etc). 2010 will be a strange year, but with the draft, and especially when the season starts, the focus can be back on football and not Ben's troubles. This might be a chance for the Steelers to get back to "Steeler" football; ie; more of a grind it out, run offense, and hopefully better defense than last year. I hope Dennis Dixon gets a shot to show what he can do at QB; both Charlie Batch and Byron Leftwich have been injury prone in recent years.

If Dixon or whoever starts does well, would there be a quarterback controversy? I'd love to see Ben stew on the bench for awhile, that would be the ultimate punishment for someone with his ego.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Steelers!
Posted: 4/24/2010 1:06:54 AM
the O's timing was off...unlike in past yrs....then they got man-handled by the Saints, which was sobering for them!

In the playoffs, brady was not as fearsome as he had been....the ravens were not intimidated by either the O or the D.

That's going to happen when you are in a rebuilding mode. The Pats lost a lot of their vets within the past couple seasons, they were basicly in a rebuilding mode with a lot of their offense and defense this past season. A lot of their players from their Superbowl era have either left to other teams or retired after the 08 season.

Brady is at a different stage in his life, he is now a father...his priorities have shifted!...he has won just about everything..............BUT, the biggest feather in his cap wudda been a SB victory with an unbeaten record!................that wudda made him a STANDOUT amongst the QB 'greats'...but he couldn't get it, and it left a mental scar in him........he knows that is something he can no longer attain!

There are still other nfl records he can break at the QB position that he has yet to do so.

He maybe in a diff stage of his life, but i don't think his priorities have shifted from the fact that he still loves the game of football and wants to continue play it for as long as he can. I don't see how having a kid will effect the way he focuses on football still. I mean Montana for example first and second childern were born in 85 and 86 and he still went on to win 2 more superbowls after his first two kids were born.
 wizardofossington
Msg: 124
Steelers!
Posted: 4/25/2010 9:26:20 AM
That's going to happen when you are in a rebuilding mode. The Pats lost a lot of their vets within the past couple seasons, they were basicly in a rebuilding mode with a lot of their offense and defense this past season. A lot of their players from their Superbowl era have either left to other teams or retired after the 08 season.

Adversity is the only thing I can say the Patriots went through last season. The Patriots did lose a lot vets on defense, but the Patriots also thought their offense was going to carry their defense, which that planned failed. To say the Patriots are only going down hill because of last years is ridiculous. Brady missing a whole season prior and still put the decent numbers is not bad and only one way this is going to be....Getting better!!! The Jets, the Jets, the Jets....That's all I hear. Let it be and let everyone think the Jets are going to take the division. I don't see it happening....I see the Dolphins being more of a threat than the Jets.
 newdejavu
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Steelers!
Posted: 8/21/2010 5:54:00 AM

To say the Patriots are only going down hill because of last years is ridiculous.

I'd have to agree with wiz here. Last year was last year. I know it's only preseason, but the Pats looked sharp against the Falcons Thursday night. Looks like they have some good young players on defense and the offense should be solid.

Looking forward to watching the Steelers/Giants preseason game tonight. Steelers have a couple of rookie wide receivers that look good so far. Big Ben should get a few snaps; it will be his first action of the preseason and what could potentially be a hostile environment with his bad publicity in the off-season. I really hope the Steelers give Dixon a good look at QB; the local media is having a field day as only in Pittsburgh could there be a QB controversy over a #2 QB!

Just wondering if steelcity is still out there? Maybe waiting for the regular season to start? Seems I'm the only Steelers fan on these sports forums. lol
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > STEELERS!