Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > STEELERS!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mrlowe45
Msg: 201
view profile
History
Steelers!Page 9 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
like hell they are
 earthlingsRevenge
Msg: 202
Steelers!
Posted: 1/30/2011 12:52:28 PM
There are more bars
like the TV show 'Cheers' bar in the country
than Steelers bars.

There is only one nation, Redsox Nation,
the rest are wannabe nation, cry baby nation, one-man nation, unrecognized nation.
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 203
Steelers!
Posted: 1/30/2011 1:05:32 PM

On my own independent unbiased search...

Riiiiiight.

If you looked up the information via the source I posted, it says "BARS AND CLUBS". Some of these locations are self-identified "Steelers bars" and others are where the local Steelers fan clubs meet.

The source site lists the bars and fan clubs who have weighed in from all over the US as well. Logic would tell you that if there are Steelers fan clubs in all of the listed locations...there are obviously Steelers FANS there as well, since one fan does not a "fan club" make.

Again, I have not claimed that the Steelers have the MOST fans, but that the fans are indeed found worldwide, which has been covered in the media many more times over than your "independent unbiased search" - by people who have been to the places that are listed.
 sum1reel
Msg: 204
Steelers!
Posted: 1/30/2011 2:00:41 PM
^

the source I posted,...

...is not unbiased!

Some of these locations are self-identified "Steelers bars"

the only ones I see objectively identified as "steeler bars" are the 1 in Mexico city, and the other in Serbia

others are where the local Steelers fan clubs meet.

which i'm sure would also be happy to host fan clubs of Cowboys, packers , NE, Bears,etc....just as easily!

Logic would tell you that if there are Steelers fan clubs in all of the listed locations...there are obviously Steelers FANS there as well,

not necessarily!...just because a certain bar has held a Steeler's fan club get-together(or convention), doesn't necessarily mean that they are there, ALL the time!!!...many (if not most) are transients, and usually move about depending on their obligation.....therefore, all you can say is that if i am a hardcore Steeler fan living abroad, I can refer to the steeler website to see if there is a bar in my vicinity.... in which Steeler fans (or fan club) has gathered!.....but whether they are actually there or not (at a given point in time) is a whole other matter!

I have not claimed that the Steelers have the MOST fans, but that the fans are indeed found worldwide,

...and any popular sports team (of whatever sport) can make the same claim, so in effect you are not really saying much....its just that the Cowboys fans are saying(true or not) that they are more wide-spread than the steelers!...and again, the basis by which they(and steeler fans) pose this, is what remains dubious!
 HDready10
Msg: 205
view profile
History
Steelers!
Posted: 1/30/2011 6:49:25 PM
we are getting reports of steeler fans thanking us for building this nice staduim for them hahaha
 broncsbuff
Msg: 206
Steelers!
Posted: 1/31/2011 3:55:45 AM
I was a manager at a sports bar about 4 years ago. There was about 10 steeler fans that came every sunday to watch the game, I put it on for them in the downstairs bar with sound so they could watch it.

It was on a website that the bar was a "steeler bar". I kinda laughed because I dont think 10-15 people make it that.....

anyway, they wanted to tailgate before the game. Meaning they wanted to go in the parking lot, drink, eat, and then come in and watch the game. I told them hell no, so then they moved on to a different bar....

There is still about 5 people that come into that bar to watch the steelers, and it its still known around town as a "steeler bar"
 MGMLION
Msg: 207
Steelers!
Posted: 1/31/2011 4:57:22 AM
In Nashville every year at one time we were the number 1 largest sports market city who did not have a professional team. There are many sports bars here who have the satellite dishes on the top of the building or have the NFL package a place where any fan can go watch their favorite team play or for others a place for the gamblers. Other than the Titans there are more Cowboys fans in there than any other team. Thing is they will put the Titans game on in the front of the Big screen with the sound on while you can only watch the other games but with out the sound. At the back of the bar they will put the Cowboys game on with sound on the bigger TV but can also watch the other games with no sound. There a several Cowboy bars here in Nashville where quite a bit of Cowboy fans get together to watch the game. Wilhagans is a Viking bar and Legends is a Dolphins bar. I have never been in, seen or heard of a steeler bar in nashville.
 grilledsalmon
Msg: 208
Steelers!
Posted: 1/31/2011 10:03:38 AM
So it turns out that Mike McCarthy, the Green Bay coach, grew up 5 minutes away from where I did in Pittsburgh. As much as I want the Steelers to win, it appears that it will be a Pittsburgh victory no matter what the outcome is!
 newdejavu
Msg: 209
view profile
History
Steelers!
Posted: 2/4/2011 8:04:30 PM
Getting excited for the Big Game! Only two days to go. There was a Steelers pep rally in my town today; and many communities here in Western Pa had similar events planned in honor of the Steelers. We've been spoiled; it's the Steelers third trip to the Superbowl in the past 6 years. Go Steelers!
 earthlingsRevenge
Msg: 210
Steelers!
Posted: 2/5/2011 6:27:56 AM
Interestingly, on all these 3 trips to SB by the Steelers,
they were not supposed to be there. For this or that reasons
the better team crumbled.

Can you spell L U C K Y ?

Even then Steelers will win their 3rd SB in 6 years.
Instead of American Team, steelers are becoing American Luckiest Team.
 MGMLION
Msg: 211
PACKERS SB XLV CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 2/6/2011 7:13:08 PM
I've got a Feeling Tonights going to be a good good night WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!
Not in OUR HOUSE!!!
What About the Pack!!!!!!!WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!

GO PACK GO!!!GO PACK GO!!!!
 sum1reel
Msg: 212
Posted: 2/6/2011 8:13:27 PM
Sorry Steel

but you can't win'em all, i guess!.......too many turn overs, i thought!
Gotta give GB credit...they got on top early...did what the Jets couldn't do!
 MGMLION
Msg: 213
Posted: 2/6/2011 8:17:58 PM

Sorry Steel

^^^Sorry Steel!!!!!

MGMLION
Msg: 214
Posted: 2/6/2011 11:35:14 PM
Lombardi is back in town in you know where!!!!!
 MGMLION
Msg: 215
Posted: 2/6/2011 11:55:39 PM
Steelers cut the Cheese in Super Bowl XLV
 newdejavu
Msg: 216
view profile
History
Steelers!
Posted: 2/7/2011 3:05:31 AM

but you can't win'em all, i guess!.......too many turn overs, i thought!
Gotta give GB credit...they got on top early..

Exactly. Steelers dug themselves too big of a hole in the 1st Qtr and the fumble in the 4th Qtr was a killer. Credit to GB - they caused those turnovers and the Steelers D didn't create any turnovers. It's disappointing, but still a good season for the Steelers to get to the big game and make it interesting and entertaining. Hope we have football in 2011/2012!
 MGMLION
Msg: 217
Posted: 2/7/2011 3:14:07 AM
Can the Steeler fans smile and say CHEESE?
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 218
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2011 6:24:59 AM
We def shot our shelf in the foot with those 3 turnovers, Kind of hard to win a Superbowl that way. Oh well, not the first time we lost a Superbowl. Sometimes you win some and some times you lose some. Brady, Manning and now Ben have all lost a Superbowl. We'll bounce back. I'll look at the bright side of this loss, at least we may have decent a chance of making it in to the playoffs next year since we lost in the Superbowl. Winning Superbowls doesn't seem to fit well with us trying to get into the playoffs the following season

Oh well still have the Penguins and Magic to look foward to now. Time to move forward to next season if there is a next season.

Congrats to Green Bay
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 219
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2011 12:31:38 PM
One more good thing about the Steelers losing is that all those freaking bandwagon losers can go jump on Green Bay's wagon now. Nothing I can't stand more in sports than bandwagon fans. They are like the bottom feeders of the fan pond.
 justnancy
Msg: 220
Posted: 2/7/2011 1:48:30 PM
Sorry about your loss New and SteelCity!!!! I would agree it's hard to win with 3 turnovers.
 feltersnatch
Msg: 221
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2011 2:37:37 PM

Nothing I can't stand more in sports than bandwagon fans. They are like the bottom feeders of the fan pond.

I hear ya...There are so many out there for sure!
 HDready10
Msg: 222
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2011 4:52:33 PM
packers were the only nfc team capable of beating the steelers. i thought it was funny terry bradshaw putting his foot in his mouth on nationwide tv but hes a nice guy ive always liked him. he was a dog when he first came into the nfl. then was surrounded by great talent how can ya lose?
 newdejavu
Msg: 223
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2011 5:09:36 PM
^^^nice post, hd. It was good to see Roger Staubach and Terry Bradshaw sharing the stage at the Superbowl trophy presentation to GB. Talk about two great quarterbacks! Yes, I remember TB's early years, they weren't pretty. It was "on the job training". But yes, by 1974 he really couldn't miss with all that talent. Of course, he grew into the job as well!
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 224
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2011 6:13:11 PM
Good game, but awful beginning and half time show. From miss-Que's by Christina Aguilera on the National Anthem to political messages being sent in a Black Eyed Peas song to Obama to Fergie completely screwing up a good song Sweet "Child Of Mine". It was one big suck fest.
 MGMLION
Msg: 225
Posted: 2/8/2011 9:26:56 AM

From miss-Que's by Christina Aguilera on the National Anthem

Can the Steelers appeal the Super Bowl loss based on the national anthem not being sung in its entirity? Sorta like the failure to read someone their Miranda rights.

NOT!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > STEELERS!