Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Why do people REALLY Hate Ohio and Ohioans?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 granz
Msg: 26
Why do people REALLY Hate Ohio and Ohioans?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

We have potatoes??? I thought those only came from Idaho!

D'oh. I got them mixed-up.
 2funnyhaha
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Why do people REALLY Hate Ohio and Ohioans?
Posted: 9/30/2009 7:12:18 PM
I was born in Ohio and lived there my first 23 years. This summer I went back to visit after an eleven year absence.

The only difference I see in the people is the population. Everywhere I went there were lots of people. I guess I'm used to isolation. Logically if there are more people, there are more people to p*ss you off, right?

We had a nice trip. Nobody p*ssed us off at all.

Now the cops there, omg that's a different story. No 75-80 on their highways!

I wonder why you ask the question, OP?
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2009 8:09:48 PM
What's round at both ends and high in the middle?

Hell on earth.

I hate Ohians. What's with the stupid 3 vowels in a name only 4 letters long anyway? You know the best thing about Ohio? Cincinatti WKRP - and it was made in Los Angeles.

Ohio is nothing but a haven of terrorists. I say carpet bomb the state; turn it into a nuclear proving ground.
 Selima
Msg: 29
Posted: 9/30/2009 8:11:52 PM
^^^If we did that, where would be get our potatoes?
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2009 9:13:39 PM
From PEI of course. Or Idaho if you want to start slumming.

I also realized I hate Iowa too. **stards.
 mossyoakcamoguy2
Msg: 31
Posted: 9/30/2009 9:19:29 PM
I'm glad people hate Ohio. My family history has Amish (yes it's capitalized) in it and it offends me when people look down on them. When this great nation has catostrophic economic failure, guess who will prosper? You think the values and ideals of the Amish are backwards, when in my opinion it's those very simple ideas that created our nation in the first place. Stay out, or leave...we'll be okay without you.
 Vancer
Msg: 32
Posted: 9/30/2009 9:46:10 PM
I don't hate Ohioans.
But then I hardly know much about Ohio, except that...
Oh wait.
I literally know nothing about Ohio. Not even one stereotype.
I guess Ohio is too boring for stereotyping.

I'm just being silly.
 Selima
Msg: 33
Posted: 9/30/2009 9:47:37 PM
I knew someone once who moved to Ohio. I never heard from her or of her again....I think it might be some kind of black hole....
 cotter
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2009 10:16:23 PM
^^^Oh Pffffttt ... you all know me and I just moved back to Ohio in April ... see? Still kicking and breathing and actually posting.

In fact ... I actually got my life back (after my son died) and am now back to socializing ... away from my computer.

I now go out dancing (helping with dance lessons on Tuesday evenings) and go singing on Thursday evenings (with a local German club). Before moving back to Ohio, I had basically just closed myself in my home ... going out only for work and to buy groceries. Now that felt like I was living in a black hole ... and now I can actually see daylight!!!!

I doubt that anyone can "hate" Ohio as much as our famous Woody Hayes hated Michigan. I recall as a child when they were still transporting the football team via bus to away football games, that the bus ran out of gas while heading home towards Ohio. Hayes actually made the team push the bus out of Michigan across the Ohio border before he would let them buy gas. He would not allow them to buy gas in Michigan. Now that's "hate". I'm of the impression that the Michigan football coach made the "hate" a mutual thing, but never had to resort to pushing their bus across a state line for lack of gas.

As for potatoes .... I am not aware of potatoes being raised locally and it being a staple of the state. Reynoldsburg, Ohio has a "tomato festival" every year, and Circleville is very well-known for their "Pumpkin Show" ... does that count?
 HDready10
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2009 3:43:07 AM
is there a twin oaks ohio?

one of my favorite movies "the out of towners" jack lemmon and sandy dennis
 WantaSmart1
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2009 6:22:41 AM
Lovemyweims,

"If the world would end, I would come to Cincinnati, for everything happens here 10 years later." - Mark Twain

ROFL! I've never seen that one before...it's definitely a keeper. Thanks for the morning laugh! I almost choked on the Entenmanns.
(I may even change the name of the city, then start a "Why do people really hate Oregon and Oregonians"...Shhh! Don't tell anyone!)
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2009 7:30:36 AM

I wonder why you ask the question, OP?
I was attempting to see if we Buckeye's (worthless nuts) could draw a similar conclusion to what Texan's feel; that they are "hated"....which really translates into "envied". LOL! I guess nobody envies us Ohioans enough to hate us!

Ohio? Where's Ohio, is that a suburb of Texas?
It's the state that keeps the hillbillies in W. Va separated from the hillbillies in Michigan!!! LOL!

My family history has Amish (yes it's capitalized) in it and it offends me when people look down on them.
ABSOLUTELY NOT! LOL! I might tell some Amish jokes...but they are certainly NOT to be looked down upon! Most definitely a culture to be admired for their self sufficiency!

I knew someone once who moved to Ohio. I never heard from her or of her again....I think it might be some kind of black hole....
Nahhh, she's just still trying to navigate through all the orange construction barrels on I-71!!! LOL! you should be hearing from here again in about 10 more years!

is there a twin oaks ohio?
Sure!!!! It's a golf course in Lexington! (Ohio)

They have electricity and internet in Ohio?
LOL! YUP!!! Just as long as we keep a fresh supply of hamsters in the cage!
 Selima
Msg: 38
Posted: 10/1/2009 9:01:04 AM

Nahhh, she's just still trying to navigate through all the orange construction barrels on I-71!!! LOL! you should be hearing from here again in about 10 more years!
LOL
 lovemyweims
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2009 9:04:35 PM

My family history has Amish (yes it's capitalized) in it and it offends me when people look down on them.

And it should offend you. No one should look down on another group for their beliefs and lifestyle - especially when it is in no way harming anyone else.

I found Amish country to be very charming and I intend that as a compliment, with much respect and admiration for the committment to living those values and ideals. Seeing the horsedrawn buggies always brought a smile to my face and I'm grateful I was able to see that, and not just read about it in a book.

ROFL! I've never seen that one before...it's definitely a keeper. Thanks for the morning laugh!

You're welcome. It's even funnier if you've lived there.
Twain resided in the Nati for six months.
Nattians still bristle over the comment - some 152 years later. Imagine that, lol.

We have potatoes???

Actually no, you don't. But you've got lots of corn, it's your top agricultural commodity, followed closely by soybeans. Followed by dairy products, then chicken eggs and then hogs. Some beautiful farmland in Ohio.

I guess Ohio is too boring for stereotyping.

Oh, there are stereotypes, lol.
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 40
Posted: 10/1/2009 11:06:32 PM
In Florida, because they drive to slow, and stop in the middle of the road to take pictures of dumb ass things like palm tree's.
 TOMic bomb
Msg: 41
Posted: 10/2/2009 8:27:11 AM
how could you hate the place where the rock and roll hall of fame resides?

home of drew carey, dave grohl, ed oneil, neil armstrong, eric carmen and many others.

we have the OHIO STATE BUCKEYES!!!! and their band!!! ok, shut up michigan-ers!
 rjhugsnstuff
Msg: 42
Posted: 10/2/2009 10:00:53 AM
It's the attitude of the people that is dragging Ohio down. I lived in the Youngstown area most of my life and when I moved to Cleveland the attitude of the people here is poor at best. Maybe it is because of the sports teams not doing well for years I don't know. I know there are a lot of rude drivers here too. If your driving down the freeway and want to get over don't turn on your turn signal . If someone is trailing you in that lane they will speed up so they don't have to be behind you. If you don't believe me just try it. I am not crying about it but you did ask.
 Selima
Msg: 43
Posted: 10/2/2009 11:27:38 AM
I just love this thread. It's so cute. In fact, no lie, I just remembered I have even been to Cleveland, once, 30 years ago, over night when I was driving cross country. I've never been back. Johnny Fever is not really there, so what's the point?
 rosebuds57
Msg: 44
Posted: 10/2/2009 12:10:24 PM
Ohio is alright. I mean we don't have palm trees, beaches and the ocean. We have the "hills" of southern Ohio....hardly mountains, but still they are pretty this time of year. We have the beautiful and interesting "Amish Country" area that makes a nice day or even weekend trip. We have some interesting cities....Columbus, Cincinnati, Cleveland all have things to do and see that are unique to their own area.

And Ohio has been the birth place and home of many a celebrity: Erma Bombeck, Hally Barry, Doris Day, Tom Cruise, Katey Holmes... and even presidents....there are eight: William Harrison, Grant, Hayes, Garfield, Benjamin Harrison, McKinley, Taft and Harding.

Ohio has had many a product, food and beverage related business begin here: Wendy's, Bob Evans, Libbey Glass, Hall China, Proctor & Gamble to name a few.

And yes, as has been mentioned we do have the Ohio State University Buckeyes and TBDBITL (The Best Damn Band In The Land) it's varsity marching band.

Boring? I don't think so....maybe people don't really hate Ohio and Ohioans....maybe their just jealous?

texasbaby
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2009 12:35:29 PM
Ohio??? I don't hate Ohio or anyone who lives there.. Really tho, the truth is, I don't actually ever think about Ohio....
Of course, I live in Texas,,, so I guess all my time is spent wondering why ya'll hate us. I tell ya, it keeps me awake at night...

tb
 SAguy_06
Msg: 46
Posted: 10/2/2009 12:51:56 PM
the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame should be taken away from Ohio for inducting...ABBA

Shame on you Ohio.
 Snapington
Msg: 47
Posted: 10/2/2009 7:59:35 PM
Isn't it funny that all the Ohio presidents were totally incompetent or corrupt or shot?
 cotter
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2009 8:58:48 PM

Isn't it funny that all the Ohio presidents were totally incompetent or corrupt or shot?
I'm hearing crickets.

Hey Grandma ... you're only about 115 miles away ... we really need to get a POF party going up that way or somewhere convenient between the two sites ... Columbus / Apple Creek.

We'll need to get it going before the roads get too bad ... those Ohio drivers need sunny skies and dry roads ... eh?

Let's make sure the place will offer dancing and Karaoke ... Ohioans can be quite talented and we like to strut our stuff!!!
 Ready4SomethingFun
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2009 9:00:33 PM
I live in Ohio and I hate Ohio and Ohioians. Almost everyone I tolerate hanging out with here feels the same way. So why would anyone else be expected to have some kind of grand opinion of us?

It is a black hole, also a cesspool, and once you're in you can't get out. I know people who left and said they'd never be back, but they always come back. It's like bugs heading toward the zapper--must turn back---must turn back---but it sucks you in and ZAP!!!! You're an Ohioian.
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 50
Posted: 10/2/2009 9:50:22 PM
You know who I really hate? North Dakotans. All up there almost Canadian and all. What with their "ya knows" and their dirt. Pompous pooheads, all 500 of 'em!

Does anyone hate Coloradans? I could probably give you some reasons to...one being that we are also Coloradoans.

PS---My cousins are from Ohio. They're sort of idiots.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Why do people REALLY Hate Ohio and Ohioans?