Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > People that use their kids as excuses... sad but true      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jesterslaugh
Msg: 26
view profile
History
People that use their kids as excuses... sad but truePage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
i know im guilty of using my son as an excuse, BUT its so i can stay home with him . I dont see him very much because of my line of work.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 27
view profile
History
People that use their kids as excuses... sad but true
Posted: 10/8/2009 7:36:35 PM
~OP~ I'm sorry you've ran across someone such as that. Not all single mothers do that, but sadly, there are those who do. When I was a single mother, my son was off limits, so he wasn't an option to use, because I simply didn't need an excuse. I didn't feel it was necessary to shield the truth from those I dated (i.e.: that I was dating more than one person at a time, when I chose to do so.) I miss the days when the truth really was more engaging than all of this silly lying that goes on now. No wonder I HATE dating, too much BS. (Better luck next time OP!)
 P.R.Handgrenade69
Msg: 28
Posted: 10/8/2009 7:50:07 PM
@singlesuperdad:

My dad does the same thing. It drives my mother crazy.
 carterscutie85
Msg: 29
Posted: 10/9/2009 4:47:47 AM
^^

Well, if they didn't make such cool kids toys now, we wouldn't have to do that, lol

Our toys were practically death traps. Kids these days have much cooler things, lol
 Fire_fly
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2014 8:23:51 AM
I was glad to read your post. I also feel it is a delicate balance when you date someone who has children. I ran into this with a man who had two children, one 18 and one 16. I liked the fact that he was a Dad as that was part of who he was but I had to end the relationship because it was chaotic to say the least. I would catch him in lies (e: using his kids as an excuse to change our plans two to three times in the space of a half hour). I would definitely date someone who had children again but know it is about who the individual really is inside, their character, morals and values and not the fact that they have kids. My final thought is if this individual swings too much one way or the other (either spending all their time or no time at all or using them as an excuse) it could be they need to work on their personal foundation.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > People that use their kids as excuses... sad but true