Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Precautionary measures      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 daffie
Msg: 26
Precautionary measuresPage 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
what a damn good idea...

but i'm not a "simple mask" type of girl...

so i've rummaged around for my new orleans mardi gras masks.

...now, where did i put that bourbon?
 Hearttune
Msg: 27
Precautionary measures
Posted: 10/3/2009 7:14:04 PM
I just noticed that our community is administering shots at the fire station next Saturday. Is it still a 2-shot thing, that you have to get 2-shots over 4-6 weeks time to be inoculated against it?

I guess I should Google around about that.
 blueyesrsmiling
Msg: 28
Precautionary measures
Posted: 10/3/2009 7:25:25 PM
I am going to wear a mask and rubber gloves.........and walk around talking to myself.
Wonder if they will lock me up>?
 the SoldierByte
Msg: 29
Precautionary measures
Posted: 10/3/2009 7:31:08 PM

I am going to wear a mask and rubber gloves.........and walk around talking to myself.
Wonder if they will lock me up>?

Ms blueyesrsmiling ,
That is part of my regular outfit..
Can't say if keeps away the swine/bird/winter Flu..
but it does keep away the riff-raff..
And they DO lock me up.. REGULARLY..!!
---SoldierByte---
 little*wing
Msg: 30
Precautionary measures
Posted: 10/3/2009 7:54:40 PM
Maybe we need to put this into perspective.
The latest news is that we should fore go the regular flu shot this year and take the H1N1.
The medical authorities are saying that if we take the regular flu shot then we probably will get the H1N1 virus.
The reality is that the vaccine for the H1N1 is about 4 times the price of the regular vaccine.
Getting the picture? Good old pharmaceutical companies are always there to help.....take our money.
 NewToMichiana
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Precautionary measures
Posted: 10/3/2009 8:05:48 PM
I believe it comes down to common sense,,,
avoid crowded places where you are exposed to everyones' bad habits,,,
i.e.
commuter trains where people fart, belch, sneeze, cough, grope, etc....
the DMV where you'll be stuck for hours...
the movie theatre-see a crappy movie that won't be as crowded
 TryAgan
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Precautionary measures
Posted: 10/3/2009 8:19:43 PM
farceur - Msg 11

if a man performs oral sex on a woman it coats his nasal region with a naturally occurring flu inhibitor, greatly reducing his susceptibility to the virus. The prophylactic treatment needs to be repeated every 24 hours to remain effective.

If this really works, it could save billions of dollars for health care on both sides of the border. It could save even some lives.
Should the men wash their faces with soap before the procedure? Is the face the only part to be treated?

This advice should be indexed by midnight by Google (and most probably picked by Reuters next morning)
 NewToMichiana
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Precautionary measures
Posted: 10/3/2009 8:28:19 PM

if a man performs oral sex on a woman it coats his nasal region with a naturally occurring flu inhibitor, greatly reducing his susceptibility to the virus. The prophylactic treatment needs to be repeated every 24 hours to remain effective.

If this really works, it could save billions of dollars for health care on both sides of the border. It could save even some lives.
Should the men wash their faces with soap before the procedure? Is the face the only part to be treated?

As far back as I can remember, I can't recall coming across a woman's monkey having even the sniffles,,,
Must be some truth to it!
 TryAgan
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Precautionary measures
Posted: 10/3/2009 8:49:24 PM
^^^
Terrible thought came to my mind.
This would work only for half of the population. OK, also for Ellen DeGeneres.
 Free-At-Last
Msg: 35
Precautionary measures
Posted: 10/3/2009 9:09:29 PM
Mask? My job requires me to play with large sums of money all day. Do you have any idea how dirty, gross, and germ-infested money is? Hell..I might as well go around licking door handles!
Flu shot? I think I've already been exposed to every germ out there.
 Sapphireeyes
Msg: 36
Precautionary measures
Posted: 10/3/2009 9:18:12 PM
Good luck to you Tinkerbell...I remember when I went thru that and for a long time afterwards (my kids were in school and would bring me home everything, they might get a stuff nose I would be sick for two weeks).

I really wish sick people stayed home but everyone thinks that doesnt apply to them. The other day I had to send a cook home, he complained he had to work cause he wanted the money...tis sad people dont think of other people's health.
 realistic4 now
Msg: 37
Precautionary measures
Posted: 10/3/2009 11:14:46 PM
My daughter works in a urgent care centre. she said they see about 50 patients a day and its going to get worse when flu season hits in the winter. Her advice is to get the shot and buy LOTS and LOTS of hand sanitizer and use it . The health region here suggests that people who are showing symptoms wear a mask to prevent them from spreading the disease.
 Selima
Msg: 38
Precautionary measures
Posted: 10/3/2009 11:54:55 PM
I wash my hands or use hand sanitizer a lot. Also eat right and take vitamins to bolster my immune system.
 Artemis2009
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Precautionary measures
Posted: 10/4/2009 4:48:46 AM
Why not just stay at home and hide until the 'terror' has passed over?
 tresor cache
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Precautionary measures
Posted: 10/4/2009 6:02:10 AM
I have a friend that's a college professor in microbiology; he says the swine flu had been around forever. He also says it's mostly a danger to kids and very old people, for us it's not much more than a bad cold. I live with miserable freezing winters, I never get a flu shot, and I haven't had the flu in 20 years.

The media always love to scare the begeezus out of us. But I remember those kindergarten stories (think Chicken Little) so I don't fall for all the hysteria.
 breath~
Msg: 41
Precautionary measures
Posted: 10/4/2009 6:25:22 AM

After all these years we're now being taught how to wash our hands, not cough and touch things that other's touch.
Yeah, that's funny, my mom drilled that into me over 5 decades ago.

I plan to combat the flu by ignoring the media announcments that "flu season is here!" and by eating right, staying hydrated, getting enuf sleep ... laffing a lot ... and thinking positive!
Sounds about like my plan.

I'm not too sure what I'd think of going on a 'first meet' and he shows up with a mask on.

But it's a moot point.. I've no first meets planned.
 Selima
Msg: 42
Precautionary measures
Posted: 10/4/2009 6:37:10 AM
I wash my hands or use hand sanitizer a lot. Also eat right and take vitamins to bolster my immune system.
This is what I always do, every winter, all year really. When you work in an environment where there are a lot of people, especially lots of kids, there is always something going around, so keeping my hands clean especially is an ongoing precaution. Also, I travel daily on three different kinds of public transport in a very busy metropolitan area. Everything I touch is touched by hundreds of hands on an ongoing basis. And when I travel, it is the same thing; often I am in busy airports or train stations. Picking up something is so easy. So I have become very conscious of cleaning my hands often. As far as diet and vitamins, a healthy diet and daily vitamins are part of my life. So, I am not more vigilant now than usual, but I am,necessarily, thoughtful about taking care of my health. At 57, nearly 58, I have only been to a doctor for as far back as I can remember for either a checkup or maybe once every two years for cold or flu related problems. I just like to take care of myself.

I work with children so I plan to wear a Hazmat suit until this thing is over.
msg 44: LOL They should probably issue them to all public school teachers.
 PinkOleander
Msg: 43
Precautionary measures
Posted: 10/4/2009 6:41:57 AM
I work with children so I plan to wear a Hazmat suit until this thing is over.
 actualizing
Msg: 44
Precautionary measures
Posted: 10/4/2009 7:45:40 AM
And the next obvious question is: what mask does the WHO (World Health Organization) wear to administer a vaccine worldwide that is one/third an immuno-booster taken from horses; one/third preservative and the last third either a dead or weakened virus that serves to compromise the immune system in the first place.

Look at the statistics. How many people died from it in Australia where the flu season has just passed?

Washing hands is always good but remember, the flu is not a bacteria, it's a virus. Who has the most to gain from administering this flu shot worldwide?

Using the same principle of "like cures like" that the vaccine was made from, why not boost the immune system using homeopathic medicine?

But back on a joking note...Redrelaxed....hilarious!!!

Artz
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Precautionary measures
Posted: 10/4/2009 9:25:45 AM
OK one order for a mask with Rhine stones for Divine Bovine. Would you like that in Black, for evening? or something else?
 MondoVman
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Precautionary measures
Posted: 10/4/2009 9:50:53 AM
My 2c: Sheer masks and sheer outwear to match for all the ladies!
 rhettsbutler
Msg: 47
Precautionary measures
Posted: 10/4/2009 9:57:39 AM
Now when I wear my ski-mask out in public i'll blend in.
 stacy136
Msg: 48
Precautionary measures
Posted: 10/4/2009 10:21:20 AM
my daughter and grandson both came down with the swine flu, a couple days of pills and they are almost 100% again.I took care of them the whole time, wore a mask and hand sanatizer and all is good, its really not that big of a deal, her doctor said the cases have been very mild.Its just like any other flu, just be careful
 mirabelle13
Msg: 49
Precautionary measures
Posted: 10/4/2009 12:47:33 PM
Artz,

I would really love a mask to match some of my lingerie (just in case I get lucky ).

Try Again

I really do like the idea of the physical activity to ward off swine flu. But does it work for the other way around?
 Artz
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Precautionary measures
Posted: 10/4/2009 1:32:44 PM
send photos of yourself wearing the Lingerie. That should give me some inspiration. If you Know what I mean.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Precautionary measures