Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Precautionary measures      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Precautionary measuresPage 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Well, I'm going to through a rock in the pond of conversation (sort of). Two months ago I was picking up a prescription at the pharmacy and asked about the N1H1 vaccine. The pharmacist gave me a copy of a notice mailed to all pharmacies by the health department of the state of Indiana. In a nut shell the health department said the main group of concern is from ages 2 through 25. This age group is the most at risk.

Not being a medical professional I can't say true or false.
 satx78218
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Precautionary measures
Posted: 1/1/2010 10:18:29 AM
Swine flu has been hyped into a huge scare-mongering exercise by BigPharma, aided by their PR flacks, aka NIH and CDC and FDA, to fill BigPharm's overflowing treasuries.

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS follow the money. (just like with Gardisil)

Over 90% of the flu samples sent to CDC were not swine, but good old seasonal flu that kills 1000s of at-risk groups every year with barely a peep from the corporate media.
 breath~
Msg: 78
Precautionary measures
Posted: 1/1/2010 10:30:20 AM
^^I agree.
I sit here and let the scare tatics go past without grabbing hold, for there will always be something that those in 'charge' will try, to get you to be fearful.. hence depending on them more, to the detriment of losing your own common sense and individuality.
 farscapeprincess
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Precautionary measures
Posted: 1/1/2010 11:39:25 AM
Just wanted to see what this topic was about.

Listen to the interviews about swine flu. Big Pharma has got their grubby little hands in everyone's pocket, but not mine.

www.mercola.com
 moraima
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Precautionary measures
Posted: 1/1/2010 11:39:41 AM
"to get you to be fearful.. hence depending on them more, to the detriment of losing your own common sense and individuality."

I am thrilled with the amount of people who "get" the above statement. Gone are the days where people believed that their govts. could do no wrong. Too many scandals, too much corruption uncovered for us to believe without researching what our govts. tell us. We can't control our govts. action or spending, but we can control (so far) what we do with our own bodies.

Precautionary measures ='s using our research tools, and our common sense, and having the courage to not do what we are told by those in "charge".
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 81
Precautionary measures
Posted: 1/1/2010 12:33:23 PM

Gone are the days where people believed that their govts. could do no wrong. Too many scandals, too much corruption uncovered for us to believe without researching what our govts. tell us. We can't control our govts. action or spending, but we can control (so far) what we do with our own bodies.

Thank goodness for that!! When they were thinking about making this mandatory for those working in the health/vet care industry we would have closed down rather than to take it. Other hospitals would be working with a lot less nurses and doctors..

No a single vet or tech in our office took it.

thecatsmeoww
 moraima
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Precautionary measures
Posted: 1/1/2010 1:04:13 PM
I only know one medical person or friend who took it. She was working at a facility on a reservation at the time where multiple people in the hospital were very sick and a couple of people had died. She still used multiple thing to detox her body on the metals etc. in the vaccine. She told me she figured that in her position she was in trouble if she took the vaccine, and in trouble is she didn't. Also no one at the hospital was forced to take it.
 TryAgan
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Precautionary measures
Posted: 1/1/2010 9:26:44 PM
ladyc4- msg 73

Sometimes, even washing hands is not that effective.
Especially when chopping up some really hot peppers for the dinner, and then with the same hand handling some precious objects. It can get really irritating

>>>
LOL. The other thing, I've been told by male friends, is to watch out when using pain relieving creams/liniments containing capsaiscin(the "hot" in "hot peppers"). And no, it doesn't easily wash off one's hands.
Wear food service gloves when handling hot peppers or any topical pain reliever containing capsaiscin.
TryAgan, sorry for your pain. Cindy O

Cindy, thank you for the understanding and for the tips about capsaiscin.
It definitely makes more sense to wear the gloves while handling the hot peppers rather than later during the intimate moments. Your partner will appreciate the extra touch.
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 84
Precautionary measures
Posted: 1/2/2010 3:20:41 AM

Cindy, thank you for the understanding and for the tips about capsaiscin.
It definitely makes more sense to wear the gloves while handling the hot peppers rather than later during the intimate moments. Your partner will appreciate the extra touch.

Funny normally I would suggest you wear gloves as well. But for intimate moments as long as you do not touch her eyes, face you might well set other areas aflame?

thecatsmeoww
 ladyc4
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Precautionary measures
Posted: 1/2/2010 8:49:39 AM

Funny normally I would suggest you wear gloves as well. But for intimate moments as long as you do not touch her eyes, face you might well set other areas aflame?

Unfortunately, from what I know of using capsaicin pain relieving creams, liniments,etc, on both myself and my competition horses, the very intensity of the heat, the depth of penentration, etc,and the fact it doesn't wash off...make it a BAD choice for setting "other areas aflame."
Cindy O
 karma1160
Msg: 86
Precautionary measures
Posted: 1/2/2010 3:11:29 PM
Think droplets !
wash your hands, carry antibac expecially if working with the public, and it wouldn't hurt to wear gloves if you know you are at high risk.
Heres the deal you walk into the library touch the door, walk to your seat touch the screen or keyboard walla.
YOu have just been infected, if you are sick STAY HOME!
 junipermoon
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Precautionary measures
Posted: 1/2/2010 4:06:30 PM

OP
Just this afternoon, outside of my local supermarket, I saw a man over 65, with a light blue mask on his face. It blended quite nicely with his denim shirt.

No problem with the masks, just coordinate the colors carefully with your outfit. And white goes almost with everything.

but you don't wear white after labor day!!!

one guy i work with wears a mask all day. and latex gloves. things have really gotten out of control at the office.
 Brownlady1953
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Precautionary measures
Posted: 1/8/2010 8:07:20 AM
I work part time in a group home for mentally ill adults, and their hygiene is not always the best......I have observed people coming to the dinner table with fecal matter underneath their fingernails, and because of the ways Pa's laws are written, I cannot "force" a mentally ill adult to wash their hands if they don't want to.....I can only suggest that they do so....

So to protect my own health, I get whatever flu vaccine is available, in addition to being vaccinated for Hepatitis B, tetanus, and whatever else my physician suggests I get vaccinated against.
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Precautionary measures
Posted: 1/8/2010 9:38:24 AM
I didn't get the shot, and I'm still alive. It's kind of hilarious to see what my company's done, with a huge box of disinfectant wipes, multiple bottles of hand sanitizer on our desks, and even a cool automatic dispenser at the wash room exit that triggers when you put your hands under it.

Plus a few photocopied posters of how to properly wash one's hands.

A month and a half ago, I caught the flu, and this one was a tough one. Zero to low energy, not much coughing and sneezing. I still went to work every day, and didn't even take a sick day. Lasted a week or so, and that's it.

I think the wipes are great for cleaning things, and the hand sanitizer smells nice, so I'll use them on occasion. Normal hygiene is more than enough to keep you safe, imho, if you are not in the core group of people at risk - or working in a place like a hospital, which could expose you to it.

The worst part is that those people who religiously USE those sanitizers, get shots, and study those hand washing posters seem to be the first ones to keel over... and call in sick. I know of one guy that actually does what seems to be an OR scrub down of his desk. He takes about ten minutes, and even extends the "sterilization process" to parts of his desk he never even touches...like BEHIND the computer monitor.

Can't be too safe, can we ?

The other day I looked over, after he was finally finished, and asked him a very simple question.

You do all that, and yet you don't even clean your keyboard ? That's the ONE place where you know you are going to be sure people's hands have touched.

Hmmmm...........
 pirateheaven
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Precautionary measures
Posted: 1/8/2010 9:59:27 AM
My philosophy is that if the govt thinks something is good, then it must be BAD. Since they are busy selling this vaccination, the prudent thing is to skip it.
 Gue$$who
Msg: 91
Precautionary measures
Posted: 1/8/2010 10:01:19 AM
I received the H1 flu shot and I normally do take the annual flu shot because of an underlying heart condition. This of course is completely my choice, does it help? who really does know, although the H1 rose so many fears and questions I called and spoke to my cardiologist consultant, his opinion was that was there not all the hipe about H1 the vaccine would likely have been part of the annual flu shot.

I haven't had a sick day at work for years, now I have a cold for about a week, I am not worried that its from the flu shot. What my honest opinion is, is that people make a mountain out of a mole hill out of most things these days, yet illnesses seem to be on the rise. I still like the days of pulling a carrot from the ground, wiping it as clean as I could and eating it....no sterlization was required.

Good luck to all in your choices.
 CaptainDad
Msg: 92
Precautionary measures
Posted: 1/8/2010 10:25:32 AM
I didn't get the vaccine because I got the swine flu when it first hit Florida. No big deal for me since I'm well past 25 and was only sick for a couple of days. I watched TV, ate soup, and slept instead of going to work.

Now I no longer like bacon.

Coincidence?
 outdoorgirlsunshine
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Precautionary measures
Posted: 1/8/2010 11:10:53 AM
I've already had the regular flu shot and will be getting the H1N1 on Jan 15th. I'm going to take the shot, because I will be leaving the country 1/22/10 for Costa Rica and think I probably should have it. Ordinarily I wouldn't take it. But, I get the regular flu shot every year. I had the flu about 3 yrs ago before I was to get the shot and I was down for 8 days. Awful, I tell ya, awful.

outdoorgirl
 TopFind
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Precautionary measures
Posted: 1/8/2010 1:09:55 PM
It turns out, that most swine flu shots were totally unneccessary, with questionable effectiveness .
And they last only one season. But if you get a nice mask, it will last a long time.
 forumrum
Msg: 95
Precautionary measures
Posted: 1/8/2010 1:22:31 PM
H1N1 was nothing but media and health care fuelled hysteria. Know anyone personally who got it? How many billions were spent by governments and earned by doctors?

More billions poured down the black hole that is our health care system.
 moraima
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Precautionary measures
Posted: 1/8/2010 2:37:00 PM
I for one, know of no one who has caught from Swine Flu or any other flu this year. Out of my many friends and associates, I only know one person who got the vaccine. She did so because she was medical staff on a reservation in Northern Ontario where there were several cases of Swine Flu. She did use holistic meds. to detox for the poison included in the vaccine. She made me promise not to tell associates that she got the shot because she is ashame of her decision, because all her medical knowledge suggested that it was the wrong thing to do.

"I will be leaving the country 1/22/10 for Costa Rica ".................

Please bear in mind that strains in other countries vary. The only childhood disease I had was whooping cough (in England). My natural immunity to British whooping cough was no match for Cuban whooping cough. I worked through the 3 months I had it (tough and stupid am I), but after work, I fell on my face, no matter what meds I to I took for it. The good news is Cuban whooping cough isn't going to get me again cause my immune system has made peace with the virus. Considering that starting next year, I will be living in Cuba for most of the winter, that is good news.

Why do I think that one of the major danger areas for picking up a virus is on an airplane? Could it be the parents proudly holding up their babys on planes, while the babys snots all over and spray mucus into the canned air on the plane is a problem? Who in their right mind takes a sick baby onto a jetliner and exposes the baby to the ear decompression. Never mind exposing the rest of the passengers.
 principles of magic
Msg: 97
Precautionary measures
Posted: 1/8/2010 6:01:39 PM

H1N1 was nothing but media and health care fuelled hysteria. Know anyone personally who got it? How many billions were spent by governments and earned by doctors?

Ummm, yes. Me. But if you prefer to dwell in your conspiracy theories, go ahead.
 DivineBovine
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Precautionary measures
Posted: 1/8/2010 6:17:45 PM
the 27-year-old who sits in the desk on the east side of me got it and was in the hospital for 10 years. the 3 year old grandson of the woman who sits on the west side of me got it.

and the woman who sits in the cube across from me had her best friends from Sarnia staying with her for a couple of weeks while their 47-year-old daughter (a mother of 4) fought the swine flu in a local hospital.

she didn't make it.
 moraima
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Precautionary measures
Posted: 1/8/2010 7:13:12 PM
I am not aware of ever having a temperature, let alone the flu. Would be interesting to test the immune system of people who don't get flu and those who do to see what the difference is.

My best friend gets colds multiple times a year, but I never pick it up. She suffers from asthma, and doesn't have the best diet. I feel bad for her, but still glad I don't pick up her bugs.
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 100
Precautionary measures
Posted: 1/9/2010 2:18:47 AM

I am not aware of ever having a temperature, let alone the flu. Would be interesting to test the immune system of people who don't get flu and those who do to see what the difference is.

I am going to find out if such a study has been conducted yet.. If not would volunteer to participate in it since I have not had any flu shots at all since I was a child.. Not have I had any kind of flu.

thecatsmeoww
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Precautionary measures