Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are women attracted to musicians?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HAHANOW
Msg: 26
Why are women attracted to musicians?Page 2 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
Let me just say one thing or two LOL.
I have know many Groupies. Not one I knew has married The Musican she went for. They get discarded like trash. There is Always another one in the next town & even the SAME town!
It is a sad lifestyle! I knew one that a Big Singer wrote a song for. She was a beautiful girl who got caught up with the band & the life style they lived. She lost her looks to Drugs & died of aids!
The band is no longer together do to, the singers ego & life style.
it is so easy to want to live your life with a Big time Musian, It is also a road to hell!
 musicmanpvb
Msg: 27
Why are women attracted to musicians?
Posted: 8/11/2005 5:21:24 PM
male sluts??? LMAO!!!

I remember once when I was playing bass in a band - the drummer, guitar player, and I went walking into a bar - and one of the girls said "yep - like I've always said - tramps always travel in packs." so I have been called a male tramp before, but a male slut???
 T,D and H
Msg: 28
Posted: 8/11/2005 5:25:19 PM
No, it isn't a myth. It may not be true for all musicians...but even Benny Goodman got his share I'm sure!

When I used to spend more of my time in the outdoors, sitting around campfires, the damn guitar player ALWAYS got the women. Without exception, regardless of how he looked or when his last shower was....even if he was a lousy musician, he would have his pick of women by the time the fire burned down to the embers.
I was determined to learn how to play guitar once upon a time just for this very reason. There are few things in life that I can say I know for sure, but this is one! I'm not so sure it would work that way now, but young women cannot resist the guitar player...not in my experience anyway.
 musicmanpvb
Msg: 29
Posted: 8/11/2005 5:29:52 PM
It works both ways too - guys can't resist a girl who plays flute...
 T,D and H
Msg: 30
Posted: 8/11/2005 5:33:14 PM
so damn true, I've always had a thing for flautists......Cello players can be pretty hot too.
 kissykat
Msg: 31
Posted: 8/11/2005 5:39:22 PM
I'm only attracted to the musicians who sing vocals usually, the one's who sing all those 'Lurv Songs' and make you go all weak at the knees and then make you beg for more! :)
 Ms. Picky
Msg: 32
Posted: 8/11/2005 5:43:50 PM
I think people are more attracted to the possibility that they themselves can get their 15 minuts of fame. It's not the guy, it's what they do. Take away his stage presence, and you have nothing.

I, personally, have never been attracted to a musician. Then again, my "typical" type is more of a clean-cut, pretty boy (yes, I know...you're thinking...EW!) and, I have yet to find a musician that looks that way.

Also, I was never into live bands until the past couple of years. Now, if they're even close to my age, they're married....and are not players.
 musicmanpvb
Msg: 33
Posted: 8/11/2005 6:01:38 PM

Cello players can be pretty hot too

I heard a conductor yelling at a female cellist one time - he said

"You sit there with that beautiful instrument between your legs and all you do is scratch it!!"
 Doc Sage
Msg: 34
Posted: 8/11/2005 7:17:16 PM
___Saw a rockabilly band who had a female bass player. She position herself at the side of the instrument and straddle it. She seem to enjoy it. LOL
___O.T. Musicians speak in a lanquage that speak directly to the heart. It's all emotions, bypassing the "thinking brain". Because of this women understand musicians better than they can understand the others.

Doc

No I am not a musician. Sorry.
 The_Majestic_Lizard
Msg: 35
Posted: 8/11/2005 10:26:33 PM
Women are attracted any kind of public performer, especially musicians because of the art of thier performance.

The illusion of fame and sophistication.
 T,D and H
Msg: 36
Posted: 8/11/2005 10:32:49 PM
Doc, you are a wise man....I think you hit the nail right on the head with that last post! The truth just has a certain unmistakeable ring to it - I'll buy that for a dollar!
 IMAQT
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2005 12:41:41 AM

i've actually never understood the groupie thing. i'd much rather be the girl who knows the guys personally....who hears all the horror stories the morning after. but i guess the actual groupie girls just want a story...something to tell...or she thinks she'll actually be remembered. or she'll be so fantastic there will be a song about her amazing bj skills. some people will settle for second class fame rather than try to attain it themselves.

Ya I hear you, KY_jello....I don't understand the whole groupie thing. I'm getting involved with a guy who is in a band at night but has a 9-5 job by day. I work in a bar, and obviously he does too, so that's how we met. It's crazy to watch the girls throw themselves at him or flirt relentlessly. I don't think I'm NOT the "groupie" type....I mean I don't go after guys just because they're in a band. Not at all...but I do enjoy the fact that this potential guy does play the guitar and sing. But it freaks me out at the same time to see girls flirting with him. After all, being centre stage brings a lot of attention to him, right? I'm trying to get inside the heads of the girls who go after musicians....hmmm...

After reading a few posts I'm grateful for all the input...I now know I'm attracted to TALENT...not just the fact the guy is a musician. I certainly don't want to have stories going around about me on the tour bus....LOL....
 Skylar1Again
Msg: 38
Posted: 8/12/2005 2:42:27 AM
I've never been the groupie type. Gimme a muscled up clean cut nerd.

Long hair and a guitar
 The_Majestic_Lizard
Msg: 39
Posted: 8/12/2005 3:36:42 AM
Some musicians use hypersonic frequencies to brainwash women into being thier love slaves. It is true. I read it in the National Sun.
 ky_jello
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2005 8:00:15 AM
ya know what, guys? i used to play the flute.......
 LfLvRzn
Msg: 41
Posted: 8/12/2005 10:25:21 AM

Cuz there's a Song for every Person Mood Experience in your life.
Musicians know its is a language that speaks louder than words
 nembatha
Msg: 42
Posted: 8/12/2005 10:33:00 AM
womem are attracted to musucians because of the phalic symbolism of the instruments along with being the centre of attention that being with someone that is centre stage may bring to them , its a throwback to a tribal mentality acording to desmond morris in his study of the naked ape in its human zoo
 The_Majestic_Lizard
Msg: 43
Posted: 8/12/2005 11:59:48 AM
yah wut he sed
 taurus516
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2005 12:23:20 PM
It also has something to do with the holistic brain of women.Music goes to the spirit and emotions and women generally don't separate spirit/emotion from brain logic the way guys do.

I'm a musician of sorts,my parents were professional musicians and I played their circuit (southern country/gospel) for a while in my younger days.I found it no different in the church music scene than in the club music scene.Gospel musicians have their groupies too.

It's all about feelings and inner spirit stuff,hard to analyze it with the male brain.
 ~Ames~
Msg: 45
Posted: 8/12/2005 1:06:27 PM
I RUN LIKE THE WIND when it comes to musicians...I moved from Texas to Tennessee with my college sweetheart to pursue his music dream. I admire their passion, but I hate having to share my attention with song lyrics...hahaha!
 taurus516
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2005 1:35:48 PM
I admire their passion, but I hate having to share my attention with song lyrics...hahaha!

And not to mention the aversion many musicians have to regular work.I know some rental property owners who won't rent to musicians because they say their income isn't regualr and they can get late on rent.Likewise I have a cousin,who is a musician ( a welder by day,he makes good money) and says he's had to hide his guitar and PA equipment whenever he moves into a new place.
 musicmanpvb
Msg: 47
Posted: 8/12/2005 6:37:33 PM

ya know what, guys? i used to play the flute.......

and KY is added to favorites list...
 honestly_over_your_knee
Msg: 48
Posted: 8/12/2005 7:04:16 PM
Well, I'm sure that what others have said in regards to women's emotional and spiritual connection with music is quite true, but from my standpoint, my attraction to musicians is because it is a shared passion. So many guys are clueless as to the depth of respect needed to date a female musician and are often left in a jealous rage over an instrument. I'm admittedly attracted to male musicians because I know at a core level that they will "get" me and my career. Being understood is priceless.
 Ms. Picky
Msg: 49
Posted: 8/12/2005 7:23:05 PM
LOL @ KY's (skin) flute!
 musicmanpvb
Msg: 50
Posted: 8/13/2005 6:23:28 AM

So many guys are clueless as to the depth of respect needed to date a female musician

You are SO right - I have known numerous women musicians and singers who have basically stopped dating because they are sick to death of getting the "I LOVE YOU - YOU ARE SOOOOO TALENTED" smack from every guy who sees them perform... only to turn jealous and want them to quit peforming once they start getting involved....
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are women attracted to musicians?