Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > kissing on the first date?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kickin Back 2008
Msg: 126
kissing on the first date?Page 6 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
This is a bit of a tricky one for me. I personally prefer a kiss on the cheek at the end of a first date, if he decides he wishes to kiss me. Just seems more gentleman like and things of that nature. Now, do not get me wrong, if the feeling is there and both are wanting a simple kiss on the lips, then I could be okay with that. But, nothing is worse than a guy going in for a kiss and you haven't completely made up your mind as to exactly how you feel and where you want it to go. So, the safe thing is the cheek and it is not seen as disrespectful, but rather a sweet gesture. The one thing I can tell you is that I am not inclined to have some guys tongue in my mouth the first time we go out. I realize it is all preference here. I simply prefer a kiss on the cheek...maybe on the lips another time if we should decide to go on another date. All depends on what you want at the end of the night though, I guess.
 HotDuke
Msg: 127
kissing on the first date?
Posted: 6/24/2008 10:41:31 PM
People,
What is different about kissing on the first date or the tenth date. Isn't it about a mutual attraction that expresses a over riding desire to express ones feelings. I'm sorry but how can you go about life depressing the feelings we are all out there looking for. If there is a medevial book explaining the steps you can take in dating such as first date you can hold her hand, second date gently hug her, please read it yourself cuz I'm not interested. If a woman (or a man) does not want or feel the need or desire to do something, don't! No one should feel ashamed or embarassed to show what they feel, especially at first. If you can't be honest of your feelings in the beginning of a relationship do you really think you are going to be later. Hey this is just my thoughts.
Duke
 abelian
Msg: 128
Posted: 6/25/2008 12:38:06 AM
If you go on a first date and you aren't interested in kissing each other, there isn't enough of a spark to go on a second date.
 x-rayTechGirl
Msg: 129
Posted: 6/25/2008 12:45:19 AM
NO for me.
here are my signs after the first meeting ended:
Hugs that means i like to see you again.
Shake hands--thanks youre nice but i dont have feelings for you.
 ml456
Msg: 130
Posted: 6/25/2008 8:48:59 AM
I don't see anything wrong with kissing on the first date if things go really well.
 racer256
Msg: 131
Posted: 6/25/2008 8:52:47 AM
Sometimes..Possibly...
 Calmwaters/Wildcurrent
Msg: 132
Posted: 6/29/2008 11:54:35 PM
Sure, if the mood is right and the energy is happening then kissing is a pretty fine thing! Of course if the mood isn't right and the energy isn't happening then it shouldn't be expected or pursued!
 _Icon_
Msg: 133
Posted: 6/29/2008 11:58:09 PM
If I want to kiss him, I'll kiss him. I dont care if its the first date or the fifteenth or if we have never even been out before.

If I don't want to kiss him, why is he wasting his time with me?
 Sag Man
Msg: 134
Posted: 6/30/2008 3:51:26 AM
As far as I'm concerned, if and I did say "if" you get that feeling like you just can't wait to kiss that other person kinda of feeling, than you SHOULD kiss. Also, I'm NOT 25 years old. I NEED to move forward (if there is an attraction) in the dating scene/relationship . I want to know if the woman I'm with on that date can kiss. More importantly, when she kisses ME, does that kiss make me toes curl. I know when I kiss a women...I'm sending all the passion in my body to my lips to hers.

I don't what to get stuck with nor waste my time on another "cold-fish". She's got to be receptive with the kiss or she's not worth it (sorry). That's the way it HAS to be. Too many "fish in the sea" to be wasting time on a frog.
 hopeful_73
Msg: 135
Posted: 6/30/2008 4:42:03 AM
The whole idea about not kissing on a first date falls under the category of today's stupid "dating rules" people want to create for themselves. Its stupid to even ponder a thing like this. If youre on a date, youre doing so to see if theres chemistry. If there is, why in the world would you stifle it by restricting yourself? We're not getting any younger...go for the kiss!!!!
 andy_mo
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2008 4:03:08 PM
It absolutely depends.
 northwoods57
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2008 4:13:29 PM
you kiss on the first date and a nice hug..if you had a good time!
Depends on how YOU feel toward him.
If you enjoyed yourself, initiate the kiss..on the cheek, but make it nice! And tell him, we need to do this again..the date that is!
or on the mouth.....but dont make it a I WANT YOU in my pants!! kiss.
If HE initiates the kiss, and you like him...give a gentle kiss on the mouth. NO TONGUE!
that is sexual.
If you feel horny toward him, a little rub of the breast against him..but beware this can drive him away or give him the wrong impression.
go with your gut! Women are good at that.
 Amanda J A N E
Msg: 138
Posted: 7/1/2008 4:17:23 PM
yes kissing on the cheek!! just depends if you really like the person

that like asking

sex on the 1st date

well im locked down likr fort knox,, Aint nobody getting in!!
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 139
Posted: 7/1/2008 4:50:40 PM
wellllll its really a matter of preference, some people are more old fashioned and prefer 2 wait, while others want 2 act on the chemistry straight away, and both is ok!!!

though kissing in itself is tame compared 2 what these youngins do on the first date nowdays,,,,,,not that id know firsthand (innpcent smile)
 lostintheshuffle
Msg: 140
Posted: 7/8/2008 4:37:18 PM
I say yes unless I want the person to just be a friend. I had a first date with one woman that made out with me to a point I couldn't get away from her. Then four days later when I was wondering what I did wrong... she told me she doesn't kiss on the first date and she broke her rule. She said she felt horrible for breaking her own rule and couldn't speak with me without feeling horrible.

Lame...
 ils99
Msg: 141
Posted: 7/8/2008 5:37:14 PM
I don't usually like any physical contacts on a first date, whether or not we "click", so kissing is out of the question. It just grosses me out. There have been one or two times when I did allow the occasional petting but usually no.

I once decided to meet this 29 year old (don't know what I was thinking) and at the end of the date he insisted we give each other a "goodbye kiss". It was a kiss on the lips too. Eurgh. Needless to say I haven't spoken to him ever again after that date.
 Boo19722
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2008 5:49:30 PM
I say if the chemistry is there, why not. You can learn a lot about a person by the way they kiss.

Besides, kissing is just fun!
 Blue Eyed Vegas Guy
Msg: 143
Posted: 7/8/2008 10:47:22 PM
Well I would like to distinguish between the "first meeting" and the "first date."

On a first meeting, a nice warm hug handshake at the beginning and a nice warm hug at the end if all goes well is fine.

Once you progress to the first date, I think certainly if you are both feeling really good about things then why not share a kiss? Heck you might even share it before the end of the date! It just depends on the comfort level of the people involved.

Also, never ask if you can kiss! Just do it!
 indehills
Msg: 144
Posted: 7/8/2008 11:00:13 PM

yes or no?

Yes, definitely.
 CCsMom
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2008 11:57:16 AM
Kissing - Yes

Getting slobbered on, tasting what the guy had for dinner, getting mauled or pawed on or otherwise uncomfortably groped - NO!

I will happily accept a hug/kiss from a guy if the attraction is M-U-T-U-A-L. However most guys dont pay much attention to notice whether Im into them or not before they move in for the kill. UGH!
 fetish4u
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2008 12:06:45 AM
Yes.I see nothing wrong with kissing on the first date.
 lookin4one2
Msg: 147
Posted: 7/10/2008 12:45:37 AM
Yep, I think a small kiss on the first date is appropriate, as the body language in that kiss can generally be an indicator of whether to ask for another date. Very easy to pick being "kissed off"
 kariharte
Msg: 148
Posted: 7/10/2008 12:58:35 AM
It really depends on the chemistry.

I did learn from one guy who kissed me goodnite at my car that my responsive kiss lead him to believe I was more into him than I was.

What can I say? I like to kiss and he was pretty good at it and I was not completely sure as to how the date went.

Later when he kept pushing me for a second date (to the point of telling me he had a date with someone else, which he later said never happened), I was decided he wasn't for me.

But that one kiss had him going for months.

So maybe kissing on the first meeting/date is not a great idea.

LOL
 androgynousvon
Msg: 149
Posted: 7/10/2008 10:46:35 AM
I love kissing if I'm attracted to the person, so yes!
 Ms.Sweet Sinful Seduction
Msg: 150
Posted: 7/10/2008 10:55:34 AM
Sure, if the feeling is right but admittedly, the last date I was on, I could have done without the kissing, I was grossed out, lol.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > kissing on the first date?