Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Relationship with a "metrosexual"!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 126
Relationship with a metrosexual! Page 6 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
I think a lot of you are having problems separating grooming from primping! If a man pluck those wild hairs...eyebrows or wherever they may be its GROOMING...if he SHAPES his eyebrows that's METRO/GAY,
Clipping and cleaning under your nails VS sanding and buffing your nails
Putting on after shave VS putting on foundation
Combing your hair VS STYLING your hair :blow dryers, hair spray and goop
Getting the gray out (I still won't do that) VS tinting or frosting your hair

There's just a general LEVEL that can be crossed

wild heart
Msg: 127
Relationship with a metrosexual!
Posted: 1/7/2010 3:24:32 PM

Combing your hair VS STYLING your hair :blow dryers, hair spray and goop

Gotta argue with that one. All my brothers and two nephews HAD to do some styling - their hair is curly and long (in fact they could do afros for a while!). Guys who grew up in the 80's and were rockers? They had to do some styling. One of my brothers even straightened his hair - he actually thought the curly hair made him look "gay".

So there you go.

Lots of men under a certain age (somewhere in the 30's) also add color to their hair.

I really notice an age gap in those men who have issues with this vs those who don't. Sure there are a few people who are influenced by this, but I think we are few and far between.

Some people need to get out more.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 128
Posted: 1/7/2010 3:36:01 PM
Lots of men under a certain age (somewhere in the 30's) also add color to their hair.

I really notice an age gap in those men who have issues with this vs those who don't. Sure there are a few people who are influenced by this, but I think we are few and far between.

Some people need to get out moreLots of men under a certain age (somewhere in the 30's) also add color to their hair.

Some people need to get out more

Hence the trend of feminizing males now-a-days....metro or whatever you want to call it.

There's such a thing as TOO neat...I call it metro/gay

FWIW I won't date the female equivalent of a metro either! By that I mean those women who over do their hair, make-up, nails and everything...they look like tarts to me.....some men love them and think they're great arm candy....I'd be embarrassed to be with them! Again, there's a line that can be crossed and thennnnnnnnn overboard!

I believe in moderation....even then only moderately!
 jaroka
Msg: 129
Posted: 1/7/2010 6:01:11 PM
I am very impressed by the knowledge I gained reading this thread.

As a direct consequence of this new knowldge, I went out and bought a deodorant stick. I put it on the table in front of me.

What's my next step?
 Calientecutie
Msg: 130
Posted: 1/7/2010 6:08:12 PM
it is okay for a man to worry about his appearance...but he needs to look like a man...i would not be dating somebody who was vain and superficial
 acuddler
Msg: 131
Posted: 1/7/2010 6:14:21 PM
Metrosexuals are gay men who have not fully come out of the closet yet, but are peeking out. They date women to hide their homosexuality, but their manner of dress, behavior, etc, shouts their queerness to the world. They are sort of bipolar about it...wanting to be out of the closet, but wanting to remain in it...so they try a bit of both. People are not born that way. It is a choice, and Metros are of mixed minds; trying to make two opposite choices at once. If you date one, keep an eye on your makeup, or he may steal it.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 132
Posted: 1/7/2010 6:19:20 PM

As a direct consequence of this new knowldge, I went out and bought a deodorant stick. I put it on the table in front of me.

What's my next step?

LOL! Put it in the microwave on high!
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2010 6:34:42 PM
When did neat and clean become strictly a feminine trait? If I don't like slovenly men, does that make me a lesbian?
 Annie Was Here
Msg: 134
Posted: 1/8/2010 12:21:53 AM
WOW have I learned alot after reading the posts on here. I have been called metrosexual and to read all the womens posts that seem to like the total opposite. So I guess on my next date I wont shower since you gotta have that manly B.O. ,let my hair look like I just got out of bed, try and grow that unibrow, trade in a nice suit for a pair of over alls and a wife beatter with a pizza stain, maybe get a pair of rubber boots and pack some dog shIt on them, put a big dip of chew in my mouth and take my date to the pond and scream gimme another beer. I guess I should also pack some axle grease under my nails and forget to wash my hands after I go to the restroom.

Don't you dare change! Believe it or not many women such as myself are sick and tired of so called "manly men". We are tired of him showing up in old, torn, dirty clothes and wondering why we are upset with him. We are tired of men showing up with eye goo still in the corners of his eyes from sleep and nails so long and jagged that they could be used as knives. We are tired of skin that is begging, pleading and crying for some moisturizer,serum and a good exfoliation. We are tired of sloppy,messy hair that had no thought put towards styling it in any way.

My late husband was a carpenter.A "manly man". Yet he still found the time to take care of his skin, teeth, hair and clothing. He still wanted to look attractive and not like he just rolled out of bed, put on his shoes and showed up for a date like many men do. For crying out loud men is it so hard to buy clothes that actually fit you!? Is it so hard to slap on some moisturizer and trim your dang nails!?

Why do so many people still feel the need to assign stereotypical gender roles? It's 2010 so get with the times. Stop living in the dark ages. So what if a man likes to look good and appreciates nice clothing. So what if a woman can build houses and fix cars. Do you want to know what makes a man a "real" man? He is a real man if he was born genetically male with a penis and testicles. Anything else beyond that is just dressing and stereotypes forced on us because of our gender.

Hunting,fishing, working on cars and being able to build a deck does not make you anymore a man then wearing a dress makes you a woman. If that was the case then I guess rupaul and chris crocker are women and all of you manly men would consider dating them?
 Coma White
Msg: 135
Posted: 1/8/2010 12:41:17 AM
If you don't want to date a metrosexual, you can sashay away! :O)
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 136
Posted: 1/8/2010 5:00:02 AM
Why does everyone have to go to extremes? It's either no grooming or gay! Blah blah blah

HOW about realizing that there is a LINE that can be crossed?

Again...a man plucking some stray hairs=grooming
A man SHAPING his eyebrows=Metro
it's the difference between NEAT and METICULOUS
 Annie Was Here
Msg: 137
Posted: 1/8/2010 5:11:11 AM
There is no difference between plucking your eye brows and shaping them. They are the same thing.If you are plucking them then you are shaping them into a way they would not grow naturally. Me thinks you are far more metrosexual then you would like to admit.

There are no lines! If a man wishes to wear makeup then so be it. I will not date a man who is going to be putting on blush and mascara but that does not mean he should not do it. Men can do whatever they like in regards to their looks and lifestyle. I may not be into trannies or cross dressers,but that does not make them wrong in what they do. Honestly stop imposing your own personal morals on everyone else out there. Let people do whatever makes them happy so long as they are not harming anyone else.

Honestly people your noses must be in continuous agony from constantly shoving into everyone else's business.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 138
Posted: 1/8/2010 5:30:15 AM
ANNIE; There IS a difference...we get those wild errant hairs and they look stupid...so pulling that hair out is NOT shaping your eyebrows far from it!

And

Now you state:
Honestly stop imposing your own personal morals on everyone else out there. Let people do whatever makes them happy so long as they are not harming anyone else.

You are the only one passing judgment here....WHO is saying any of anything is WRONG...everyone is defining metrosexual!

In fact most of your post doesn't even make sense! There are LINES if you're discussing when /where certain activities tilt the label from one perspective towards another.

Honestly people your noses must be in continuous agony from constantly shoving into everyone else's business.

...So what is YOUR post?
 ThusSpokeZarathustra
Msg: 139
Posted: 1/8/2010 11:00:56 AM
Not sure if it's deliberate or not, but the feminisation of men has undoubtedly come about as a reaction to the empowerment of women in the post-feminist age.

I'm not going to make a moral judgement on either feminists or Metros, but I will point out that if this evolution is natural (or even an evolution at all, rather than a regression) then why are people more dissatisfied with relationships than ever?
 Vagabond1975
Msg: 140
Posted: 1/8/2010 11:03:21 AM
it's all relative.. I bet most comments made on here, claiming metro=gay are from hick towns..
I live in this small town here for a bout 1,5 years now.. and Im telling you, if a guy knows what kind of jeans you wear and have more than 3 pairs of shoe wear, you're considered metro or gay..

yet.. when let's say people from NY city, start a thread about hillbillies with coveralls walking into the local club, it's considered politically incorrect...

I say, do what ever you feel like.. dress shave or don't shave who cares..?
we don't all need to have blue eyes and blond hair, and drive VW's..

right?
 forumologist
Msg: 141
Posted: 1/8/2010 12:13:04 PM
I do like a well groomed well dressed man and yes I've dated a couple but I hate it when they shave their chests - so prickly and YES I felt the gay vibe too - well the bisexual vibe anyway - and it totally put me off

They really can go too far

My suggestion to the hairy guys to the hairy guys that shave

hair is soft
stubble is prickly
when you are heaving and sweating and pressed up to my breasts
hair ensures that when we pull apart there won't be any embarrassing faux farts lol

Leave the hair if you want to date me
it's manly

Although I did use the beard trimmer on one of my ex bf's ass once - couldn't stop laughing and he was such a wimp about it - kept yelping.....and he was the one who asked me to do it - because he gets clingons ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

he was such a gorilla lol
 forumologist
Msg: 142
Posted: 1/8/2010 12:18:17 PM

What's my next step?

Funny
Grunt, fart then scratch your ass
Then go make dinner without washing your hands.....of course :-) and don't tell your dinner guests lol
 grizzelda
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2010 12:45:49 PM

Not sure if it's deliberate or not, but the feminisation of men has undoubtedly come about as a reaction to the empowerment of women in the post-feminist age.

So only women clean themselves and use deodorant? Only women clean their faces and make sure they dont have 3 lbs of ear was oozing out? A man who notices that the crack of his ass is showing in his pants and shops for some that actually fit is a mo? A guy that takes pride in his personal appearance is someone that should be feared and mocked in the streets? So a guy who scrapes the crud out of his toe nails and clips them vs. growing them out as some bizzarre badge of manliness is the guy that needs his head examined as he has most likely been "turned" by the feminazis?

You people are ****ing killing me! If some guy making sure his fingernails arent sharp enough to cut meat and dont contain enough grease under them to lube an 18 wheeler is a closet mo, I'll take a closet mo anyday....Hey, maybe we can get the old fashioned stocks back and lock all these frightening mo's up and throw rotted produce at them, will that make you feel manlier then??
 wild heart
Msg: 144
Posted: 1/8/2010 1:21:45 PM
^^^yeah, imagine that finger up some nether regions!

How dressing this way is in any way "new" is beyond me.

Would you darn people go google 18th century fashions?! Wigs, makeup, pantaloons.....but I guess everyone back then had disintegrating relationships too.
 Consigliori
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2010 1:27:40 PM

Would you darn people go google 18th century fashions?! Wigs, makeup, pantaloons.....

Yeah. That Geo. Washington character was a sissy. Powdered wig and all. I bet Grizzly Adams never did any of that girlyfied stuff.
 z06need4speed
Msg: 146
Posted: 1/8/2010 2:35:01 PM
If you go either way on the extremes, you're probably born that way. But for the most part its a choice. A lot of people judge me as gay or metro as their first glance. I'm completely straight though. I find homosexuality completely disgusting. I will trim down the eyebrows once a month maybe so they aren't a freakin forest. I gel my hair frequently but not every day. I wear clothes from Abercrombie & Fitch/Holister/Aeropostale/Express. As for my nails, I clip them when they get too long and if I notice some dirt I will probably pick it clean. The reasons why I do it? I'm a neat and organized person. I prefer to have a clean shaven look rather then a beard ( the 5 o'clock shadow I will keep around for a day). I gel my hair because I think I look better w/ it spiked/messy. I wear ambercrombie because the material is ultra soft and snug and its comfortable. I clip my nails because I'm neat.

I had a friend in my fraternity that paid for 100$ haircuts, bought 250$ designer jeans and shaved his legs down to his knees because he didn't like the feeling of hair. The man was the biggest man whore I know and bragged about sleeping w/ every age of woman from 18-38.

Some people like to be neat, and some peaple are afraid to be labeled gay or metro so they don't, and some people just don't care what they look like.
 ThusSpokeZarathustra
Msg: 147
Posted: 1/8/2010 4:05:41 PM

So only women clean themselves and use deodorant? Only women clean their faces and make sure they dont have 3 lbs of ear was oozing out? A man who notices that the crack of his ass is showing in his pants and shops for some that actually fit is a mo? A guy that takes pride in his personal appearance is someone that should be feared and mocked in the streets? So a guy who scrapes the crud out of his toe nails and clips them vs. growing them out as some bizzarre badge of manliness is the guy that needs his head examined as he has most likely been "turned" by the feminazis?

Did I say any of that? Talk about TWISTING words...

I'm talking about "emo" types who carry "man-bags", have Hitler-style fringes, limp wrists and cry for little or no apparent reason, yet are actually HETERO-sexual. They are quite prominent in my country and believe it or not, girls find it attractive.

Must be a generational thing, perhaps because of lack of good male role models. Not implausible, as many emos I know have absent fathers.
 z06need4speed
Msg: 148
Posted: 1/8/2010 4:39:42 PM

They are quite prominent in my country and believe it or not, girls find it attractive

Maybe those girls are just in-the-closet lesbians, haha
 Souad
Msg: 149
Posted: 1/8/2010 4:46:11 PM

Maybe those girls are just in-the-closet lesbians, haha

Jealous???
I love a guy who takes pride in his appearance and is well groomed.
Metrosexual, next to a gay guy is my best fashion adviser. What makes a metrosexual guy so delicious is, he's attracted to women!
 prettylilone
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2010 7:44:53 PM
I never have and couldnt date a metrosexual. I do not think a man should spend more time in a mirror than me.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Relationship with a "metrosexual"!