Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Relationship with a "metrosexual"!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
Msg: 176
Relationship with a metrosexual! Page 8 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
No I can't say as I've ever date a metrosexual.Is that like what Ryan Seacrest is? He's a little to feminine for my taste so no I don't think I would date a metrosexual.

If you are uneasy about this op then don't date the guy.He can't be your type if he is making you uneasy.
 AintNoDeal
Msg: 177
Relationship with a metrosexual!
Posted: 2/6/2011 11:59:05 PM
I shave with the business end of a shovel.
I take a bath once a month - regulurr like
I pick my teeth and bite my nails before meeting with lady folk.
I wear socks when I expect to be indoors somewheres, but not for driving or goin' to the market.
I make sure to rake my fingers thru my hair before talking to my boss or walkin' into a bank.
I pound the dust outta my cap before I put it on every day.

Am I metro enough...?
 matchlight
Msg: 178
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2011 11:00:19 AM
Isn't all this just a matter of degree? I never thought wanting to look your best made you less of a man. In fact, I've always assumed women wanted us to pay attention to all the little details. I certainly appreciate it when *they* do.

When a woman thinks a man has to be a one-dimensional clod to be the real item, it makes me wonder about her. I used to get into pickup football games where we tried to break each other in two. One of my favorite things, when I was very young, was to join my Dad and the guy next door to watch the fights on TV. Later, I had two old pairs of gloves, and I spent a *lot* of hours sparring with guys I knew. And we'd all get together to drink beer someone had bought us and talk about who the hottest chicks at school were. I did all the usual stuff guys do--and luckily never got caught for some of it.

But I was also brought up to appreciate painting, and literature, and music, and gardens, and nice restaurants, and I was taught how to be polite. And just because I'd spent part of the day fixing something on my sister's car, that didn't mean I wasn't interested in spending another part of it learning some of her cooking skills. Trying to slot people into neat categories is a great way to get quite a few of them way wrong.
 Sabrosura089
Msg: 179
Posted: 2/7/2011 11:04:02 AM
I cannot see myself dating a man who spends more time then me "primping" himself (as I'm pretty quick for a woman)! However, I guess I shouldn't say never as I have never dated a metro.................
 Consigliori
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2011 1:57:17 PM
I think thats over exaggerating, or are you mistaking a metro sexual man to a gay man? Personally I think thats what the problem is here. SO many men think if they take care of themselves in that way, they'll be labelled as gay..thats why some men are so opposed to it..

Perhaps it's labelphobia. I can't answer for everyone, but some of us just don't care enough. Once I get over the "barely acceptable" threshold I figure I’m home free. No way I’m going to put all that time and effort into looking pretty. I’m me. A manipedi, a shaved chest and a brazilian aren’t going to improve things much, I’m still not going to look good in a thong.
Msg: 181
Posted: 2/7/2011 2:04:17 PM

I shave with the business end of a shovel.
I take a bath once a month - regulurr like
I pick my teeth and bite my nails before meeting with lady folk.
I wear socks when I expect to be indoors somewheres, but not for driving or goin' to the market.
I make sure to rake my fingers thru my hair before talking to my boss or walkin' into a bank.
I pound the dust outta my cap before I put it on every day.

Now that's what I call a man.Change your name to Billy Bob and you'll be all set.

My father used to joke that he took a bath once a year whether he needed it or not.He was just joking though.
 thisisit11
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2011 11:13:27 AM
if he has longer or nicer hair then me , im out.

if he takes longer to get ready then i do, im out.

if his eyebrows look plucked, im out.

other then that, I like a man who takes care of his looks
 packard77
Msg: 183
Posted: 4/23/2011 8:32:45 AM
:) nicer hair and you are out? I thought you like a man who takes care of his looks.
 MrFication
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2011 12:57:12 PM
The metros I know, don't really take a long time to get ready. Reason is because it never seemed to stop--it was constant. They will run to the restroom halfway through dinner to go re-moisten/position their hair. The one went skiing with me and some friends one time, and he had to go to the lodge after every run to find a mirror--to fix his hair, put on new chapstick, make sure all his clothes were just right. The worst part was if he saw a clothing sale--I don't know how anyone can spend more than 10 minutes in a clothing store let alone 4 hours!
 LindsayPierce
Msg: 185
Posted: 4/23/2011 11:17:16 PM
I dated a guy in HS that was obsessed with his weight and would count his calories and always ask me does this sweater make me look fat? I swore I was dating a girl at times
 majyk1
Msg: 186
Posted: 4/23/2011 11:29:32 PM
I don't see any thing wrong with a man that likes to pamper himself (the spa) and takes care of himself.... Just don't complain when we do it.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 187
Posted: 4/24/2011 5:42:40 AM
I "draw the line" at sharpie brows.rub on tans and perms.

talksoul
Msg: 188
Posted: 4/24/2011 6:02:02 AM
yeah and like football is any better
 kayla1963
Msg: 189
Posted: 4/24/2011 6:07:32 AM
At this point, I would be more interested in how he takes care of his health than worried about him waxing his chest.
 Pingshooter
Msg: 190
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2011 6:19:22 AM

I "draw the line" at sharpie brows.rub on tans and perms.

Jealous!!!! (ducking)
 good_catch77
Msg: 191
Posted: 4/24/2011 8:38:58 PM

At this point, I would be more interested in how he takes care of his health than worried about him waxing his chest.

That is my main argument too...I could careless if the woman has a spray on tan...it's her taking care of herself...

Fake tan for me is IN....I'd much rather have her spray on tan and have the appearance than suffer from skin cancer from those tanning booths...natural tan isn't as bad for me as a tanning booth I know it could still cause it...but most shy away from it because of the "tan lines" and or uneven tans....

But I have "labelphobia" as someone calls it...I refuse to be called any label...the only thing I like being called is my name...Not bad boy, metrosexual, nice guy, etc...etc...

To answer the actual OP question, whom is long gone, we like what we like...I'm not going to say whose right and wrong. But I am going to say we all have our preferences, and yes I still call it a preference it the "like" isn't mutual...no one is shallow in my book.

Best of luck to everyone
 seagaa
Msg: 192
Posted: 4/29/2011 2:23:18 PM
[Hence the trend of feminizing males now-a-days....metro or whatever you want to call it.]

There's such a thing as TOO neat...I call it metro/gay

FWIW I won't date the female equivalent of a metro either! By that I mean those women who over do their hair, make-up, nails and everything...they look like tarts to me.....some men love them and think they're great arm candy....I'd be embarrassed to be with them! Again, there's a line that can be crossed and thennnnnnnnn overboard!

I believe in moderation....even then only moderately!

Ok but to say it is "gay" is pretty stupid.
 OutMind
Msg: 193
Posted: 4/29/2011 2:38:07 PM
Whatever floats your boat.
 curiouss211
Msg: 194
Posted: 4/29/2011 3:27:43 PM
I prefer a man who takes pride in his appearance. If that means spending more time than me in the bathroom with his grooming habits, great! Metrosexuals or men who primp a lot are not gay or feminine, and if you think they are, then you don't really know one. More and more men are going to spas and having manicures and pedicures, seeking cosmetic enhancement, moisturizing daily, etc., etc. I also see a lot of elderly men, who appear to be in their 70s and 80s at the spa as well. Nothing wrong with caring for the body, which helps the mind.

Sadly, some men cannot be themselves without being the butt of jokes or labeled gay for this behavior or that behavior. It is not always women laughing. Men are guilty, too. When my brother was single and dating, several of the ladies thought he was gay for keeping a spotless home. A male friend made a joke as well. His wife now gets to have the last laugh.

Offhand, it is also not socially acceptable and masculine for a man to:

Own a cat or lapdog
Wear pink
Bake cookies
Choose alcoholic beverages ending in 'rita' and 'tini'
Drink Decaf coffee
Drink coffee with only the little pinky finger off the cup pointing in the air
Drive with both hands on the wheel
Pay over $40 for haircut
Cry and show emotion
Dance
Afraid of spiders

The list goes on... Pretty sad.
 OutMind
Msg: 195
Posted: 4/29/2011 4:33:49 PM

Own a cat or lapdog
Wear pink
Bake cookies
Drink Decaf coffee
Drink coffee with only the little pinky finger off the cup pointing in the air
Pay over $40 for haircut
Cry and show emotion
Dance
Afraid of spiders

Oh, this can be fun.

Pink.
My cycling team main color for a few years was pink. We won the state championship, in several categories and kicked so much ass that even today, when I wear the old uniform, people salute.

Bake cookies.
Okay, I cook. I don't bake. I don't touch cookies.

Drinks that end in tini.

How about shaken, not stirred. In my book Bond is bad-ass. Well, Sawn Connery and the latest one, the other ones, wimps.

Drink decaf.

No way. Give me expresso. Stirred, not shaken.

Driving with both hands on the wheel.
If you are test driving a Porche on some speedway, you better have both hands on the wheel.

Pay over $40 for haircut

I am cheap in that department. But I tip very well.

Cry and show emotion

So okay, I cried when watching Gladiator!! Now I am learning to show emotion, but this is one that women will always hold over you. (We unsensitive b astards!)

Dance
Love to dance. I am not great, but I fake it quite well.

Afraid of spiders

Wham!! What was that? I don't know, but it sure is dead.

Okay, this was fun. But I have to go have dinner and a date.
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 196
Posted: 4/29/2011 5:13:32 PM

Metrosexuals or men who primp a lot are not gay or feminine....

...Offhand, it is also not socially acceptable and masculine for a man to:

...Wear pink

Yeah, yeah, whatever....

... next thing you're gonna tell me that those guys who kept coming to chat when I was at the beach were gay or something just because I was wearing my pink Speedo...

... I mean, come oooooooon! We just had things in common that we wanted to chat about....

The free margaritas were pretty fvcking good too.

sukkatash
Msg: 197
Posted: 4/29/2011 7:17:10 PM

Offhand, it is also not socially acceptable and masculine for a man to:

This IS fun.

Own a cat or lapdog

Fine to own em, not "fine" to dress them up as ballerina's, name them Sir Edmond Chauncery Cocoapuff Esquire III, or talk baby talk at them and call them your children.

wear pink

I agree for the most part. But mostly because my mom and sisters always seem to get me a pink shirt during the summer, calling it "salmon." "It brings out your tan and eyes, you look so good in it!"
It's not that I think pink is necessarily a "girls" color. I just don't want to be a mama's boy. Or look like Carlton from Fresh Prince of Bel Aire.

Bake cookies

Bake cookies all you want.
The unacceptable thing to do is to wear a lacy apron and pronounce every cookie you make in sing song, while dancing around listening to the Sound of Music soundtrack.
Then complain the cookies are going to go directly to your hips.

Margaritas need to be made using a blender. That's chopping power. Nothing more powerful and masculine than chopping up your arch enemy Ice.
You get to maim something, add alcohol, and then add salt to it...like indoor hunting.
Totally masculine.
What isn't masculine or acceptable is telling everyone you're having a girls night and you're "making margariiiiiiitaaaaaas!"
Martini's are masculine. Ask James Bond.
What isn't masculine is apple fruititini's that OMG you could just DIE for! Or ordering a martini that takes ten months to order and then huffing about how no one gets it right.

Drink Decaf coffee

My grandfather claimed drinking caffeinated coffee too late made his WWII flashbacks and night terrors worse. So he switched to decaf.
What isn't acceptable is complaining about how caffeine makes your skin splotchy and you want to save on concealer.

When pulling a trailer it's best to do so.
The only time it's not masculine to hold the wheel at 10 and 2 is when there's a hot woman in your front seat wearing a skirt.
Or if going faster than 30 miles an hour makes you say "OMG OMG OMG" and shriek a lot. If you are white knuckling the wheel, that isn't very masculine.

Pay over $40 for haircut

Men pay more than $40 for a haircut all the time.
Usually it's a $10 haircut, but if she rubbed her boobs against you, trimmed your ears, monobrow, maybe threw in a head massage, and took the conversation initiative with lots of smiling, it's a lot more than $10 with tip.

Cry and show emotion

Really? Kick him in the nuts.
Or throw a hissy like you will never have sex with him again.
Tell him his dad died.
It's not masculine to cry at weddings. Or Ghost. Or over an ex on a first date with someone new.

Dance

IMO 99% of guys have no problem doing some slow dancing. Like in high school. Especially in private. Close, boob squished, hands wandering, slow dancing is great.
They just feel it's not masculine to shout out "I just wanna DANCE!" and run off to the dance floor (or the toy aisle in Wal Mart), pushing all the women aside.

Afraid of spiders

Perfectly acceptable to be afraid of spiders.
Not acceptable to call your girlfriend or mom to come over and kill it.
Not acceptable to macrame a little house for them in the corner because you talked to them and told them to stay there, the big sillies.
 curiouss211
Msg: 198
Posted: 4/29/2011 8:05:27 PM
^^^^^ You guys above me are too cute. I think I may have been misunderstood. I was naming a few behaviors society may label gay. I personally don't think men are any less masculine, because they own a cat, wear pink, drink fruity drinks, and so on. Quite the opposite. The men who are not afraid of having a label attached for coloring outside the lines are sexy as sin! I love a man in a nice, soft pink button-down shirt. He can be incredibly sexy wearing it!
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 199
Posted: 4/29/2011 8:54:42 PM

I love a man in a nice, soft pink button-down shirt. He can be incredibly sexy wearing it!

So, you think buttons are hot, eh?

Well, I could sew some on my pink Speedo....

... how's that for hawwwwt? Eh?

Jerilyn
Msg: 200
Posted: 4/29/2011 10:03:22 PM
I just watched a fifteen minute tutorial on youtube about how to apply false eyelashes... done by a man.. putting them on himself. Gay? Metrosexual? Impossible to know. Around these parts, it wouldn`t matter because no one would care... a man wearing false eyelashes would be dubbed as freak plain and simple...
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Relationship with a "metrosexual"!