Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Gurgle gurgle what?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 FriendlyFreeSpirit
Msg: 26
Gurgle gurgle what?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I love reading these posts by all you young mums with your beautiful babies! I loved this time with mine so much.
My big kid used to have problems with the word "yellow". She'd say "lellow". Thinking it was an issue with the letter "y", I sat her down.
Me: say "yacht".
Her: Yacht.
Me: say "yummy".
Her: Yummy.
Me: say "yellow"
Her: lellow.
I gave up. She eventually learned..when she was about 14 (j/k..)..lol..
 itsallinthesoul
Msg: 27
Gurgle gurgle what?
Posted: 11/5/2009 10:46:36 PM
My mom loves to tell this story about me....

When I was learning the alphabet, my mom would say the letter and I would repeat it. When she got to the letter w (double you) I would say double me.

My 4 year old is learning to read now and she is fascinated with letters and numbers. She is pointing out all the letters in words. I love this age when they start to decipher words and learn to read.
 HeathenX
Msg: 28
Gurgle gurgle what?
Posted: 11/6/2009 8:32:22 AM
When my youngest son was about 1 1/2 he would call the moon... mubba. We only realized this because he would point to the moon as he was saying it. But my all time favorite by him was when he would excitedly scream out Helicaca!!!! translation...helicopter hehe.
 Guitargal63
Msg: 29
Gurgle gurgle what?
Posted: 11/6/2009 11:53:54 AM
My daughter, when she was around 18 months would tell me that her socks or leggings were Giggy
"Thats Giggy Mommy" she'd complain.. which meant the seam of the sock or leggings were out of place.
 packagedealx3
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Gurgle gurgle what?
Posted: 11/6/2009 12:59:35 PM
I have always talked to my children like they were just short grown-ups. Certainly I made adjustments for age appropriate words at times but they have been exposed to a wide vocabulary from the time they were very small. I unfortunately cannot think of an example atm, but all three of my kids have used words that were just odd for their age, something you just don't expect popping out of that age child's mouth.

I did think of one, kind of gross, but when my son was 12, his gerbils got into a row and he came running out of the room and said Romeo's drenched in blood. After we figured out that both animals were basically in one piece, my daughter commented that "although this has been upsetting it was a great word choice, most kids would have said he's bleeding all over the place or maybe covered in blood, but drenched, very kewl."

There are seven years between the eldest and youngest and I think we have noticed this tendency to use odd vocabulary words the most in him because he is just used to being around people that are several years older than he is.

My daughter's godmother reminded us last year that when she was a baby, she loved the oatmeal mixed with apple juice so much she would say yum yum every single time you put a spoonful into her mouth.
 carterscutie85
Msg: 31
Gurgle gurgle what?
Posted: 11/10/2009 5:14:51 PM
My neice came home from school the other day and was telling me about this song she had learned in class that day. The song was about "Deborah's Baby" and when she was telling me about it, at first I thought she was singing "Devil's Baby" I sat there thinking what the heck kinda songs are they teaching her?? I even asked her to repeat herself a few times, all of which I thought she was saying "Devil's Baby" until her mom told me she wasn't saying "Devil" she was saying "Deborah!!!!"

The other day my brother told my 6 month old son he was going to "Get him and eat him" (Jokingly of course) My neice was standing there and when he said that she goes "Because he can't run fast?" LMAO!!
 bernta
Msg: 32
Gurgle gurgle what?
Posted: 11/10/2009 7:46:59 PM
Package....we call them "fifty cent words" at our house.
My son, when he was eight, was making me pancakes for Mother's Day. *yes, blatant bragging...but not the point!*

Anyway, the pancakes were underway and he turned and said, "Mom, can I flip the conjoined ones?" And after a fifty cent word like that, I said "Of course!"
 notatowniegirl
Msg: 33
Gurgle gurgle what?
Posted: 11/10/2009 8:50:42 PM
This didn't come from my kid, but from my friend's daughter. I was on the phone with her the other night when her 2 year old came out of her bedroom and said "Oh mommy.... duhty (dirty) c0cks!". Apparently her mother was in shock and didn't respond because she repeated "duhty c0cks" a couple more times, then stalked away in disgust. I said "Omg, is she really saying what I think she's saying!" and her mother said "I think so.. " in a dazed voice.

Seconds later she returned; I heard a sharp intake of breath and peals of laughter. It took her a full 5 minutes to slow down the laughter enough to gasp "Dirty socks.... she was saying dirty socks!". Right after I heard "YEAH MOMMY! YUCKY DUHTY C0CKS!" That's right about where I lost it.

She had spilled her apple juice, and wanted to let her mother know she'd taken her socks off because they were wet.
 whitetigeress
Msg: 34
Gurgle gurgle what?
Posted: 11/10/2009 9:24:32 PM
huggabugga
turned into
hummabugga
then
hammaburgar
and finally
hamburger

and yes... i got fire fvck too
 WesternWildRose
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Gurgle gurgle what?
Posted: 11/11/2009 10:09:19 PM
Grandma apparently pointed out to one of my girls a few years ago that their actions...can't recall what the action was at the time..but my daughter's actions were selfish.

Well...when I went to pick up the kids... I was met with a very indignant child....informing me that she was not SHELLFISH!

shellfish?...what about shellfish?..why would you be shellfish?

eh?...

Mama said I was Shellfish!

oh...okay. Mom...why did you call her shellfish?
 MalibuSteve
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Gurgle gurgle what?
Posted: 11/13/2009 12:42:35 AM
My gf's 3-year old pronounces "pencil" as "feffil". We like it so much, we've started correcting our other kids when they say "pencil".
 singlesuperdad
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Gurgle gurgle what?
Posted: 12/28/2009 5:42:14 PM
my daughter says tonight " it's freezing like ice birds" I think she meant icebergs.lol
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Gurgle gurgle what?