Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Have any other women experienced this?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 absofreakinlutely
Msg: 26
Have any other women experienced this?Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Hi OP - Some of it could be nerves, some of it could be that they are so full of themselves and are used to/expect women to sit there and listen and some could be ADD/ADHD.

Although we expect someone with ADD to be all over the place, if there is a subject that greatly interests them you can't pry them away from talking about it with a crowbar or a stick of dynamite.

If its Date #1, I won't date the guy again but I've dated one man who told me early on that he has ADD and he can talk non stop about certain hobbies he loves. We had gone out three or four time and one night, he was getting steaks ready for dinner at his house but had yet to put them on the grill because he kept going on and on about something he is passionate about. I couldn't get a word in edgewise then finally thought "If I don't interrupt him, we're never going to eat" so I looked him in the eye and said "Todd! ". He stopped talking and looked at me. I said very sweetly "If you expect to get the Bl*wjob of the Year later tonight you'll shut up for a minute and put those steaks on the grill. Now." He smiled and said "Yes ma'am!".

We were eating less than 15 minutes later.
 FarmExe
Msg: 27
Have any other women experienced this?
Posted: 10/25/2009 4:03:20 PM
I was wondering why everyone could easily make a date. Now I understood that. You guys have time to waste with anyone. I don't like to waste my time and anyone else's time. I must talk to someone on the phone first. It's easy to find out if one is worth meeting by using the phone.
 iTsMeJuLi
Msg: 28
Posted: 10/25/2009 4:15:34 PM
Yeah, the guys that are going to talk only about themselves are the ones who only talk about themselves in email and on the phone. Weed them out before meeting them.

The way to get a woman is to show interest in her, ask her questions. Don't go on and on about what a great man you are.
 SassySky
Msg: 29
Posted: 10/25/2009 4:28:13 PM
OP... Sorry this is happening and yet I have to lay some of the blame with you... IMO

There is a process of weeding out via email, and phone. I mean if I am in a email exchange with someone I am going to want the conversation to be two sided. Not one sided, if this guys are this bad, how could you have missed it?

I remember way back when I was brandnew to the internet I agreed to this meet and greet on my way south, I had only exchanged I think 2 emails...Boy this guy is the reason I started webcamming, phone, etc... I blame myself, if I would have spent a bit more chatting with himn I would have know immediately that we weren't a match and not wasted his time. Mine was easy I was inbetween flights so no biggie. Still a bad meet and greet.

Learn from it, go from there.

Good luck
 JaimeMichelle
Msg: 30
Posted: 10/25/2009 4:30:16 PM
You only go for coffee, or a juice, a quick one hour date. That way if they only talk about themselves, or are annoying or are not for you.. your outa there quickly, with a nice to meet you a handshake and a bye bye
 Ktownchicka
Msg: 31
Posted: 10/25/2009 5:19:47 PM
Wow...it sounds like everyone else has it good?
I recently dated this guy who not only just talked non stop about himself, when I would try to tell him something about myself, he would INTERRUPT me to continue talking about himself. I put up with it the first time I saw him, chalking it up to nerves, and don't we all deserve a second chance?
But then when it turned out to just be the way he was, so I jokingly said something like "Wow, I almost know your whole life story now...", and that didn't shut him up, so I said "Gee it is good to know you're taking an interest in ME". And so he got the point, apologized...and CONTINUED talking about himself.
I never saw him after that...and now I am almost afraid to date another guy. If I have to put up with being someone's buddy therapist for hours, with no expressed interest in me...I will probably just cut my losses and become a cat lady.
That is BY FAR one of the biggest turn-offs...right up there with poor hygiene.
 WalksOnWater2
Msg: 32
Posted: 10/25/2009 5:27:47 PM
Other women complain that men don't say enough and ask all the questions!

darkiis
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2009 8:50:57 PM
Sorry but I have to laugh. That is why I get to know them via Yahoo Chat and by phone before I ever go out with them. Besides, my friends and I have a rule. We always let each other know who we are going out with; his screen name, real name and his phone number. A quick text message to a friend would have gotten me out of this situation. I probably would have already weeded this one out after the first phone call.

Be safe ladies!
 ToughLuv1984
Msg: 34
Posted: 10/25/2009 9:37:44 PM
I haven't had that happen... but I've had worse... when they have nothing to say at all! Just pretty and dumb.... sitting there. AAHHHHHH!!!!
 Ferdinand356
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2009 7:22:03 AM
Other than the obvious possibility of the guy being a narcissist, there's another possibility that hasn't been mentioned here.

Guys don't think like women and most of them have no clue how women think. They look at the dating process as a scary competition - the one who gets the girl first with a minimum amount of rejection wins. They totally miss the concept of finding someone who they are truly compatible with.

In order to win the game, they throw out everything under the sun trying to convince a woman that they are a worthy mate. 'Oh, the hot job didn't do it for you? Did I mention I love puppies? Oh, and I love my mother, and, ooh, ooh...I'll buy you a pony!!! No, don't leave!! Why didn't she like me? What was her name again?'
 Sabrosura
Msg: 36
Posted: 10/26/2009 8:55:51 AM
OP: I've never encountered this during a date. Did you try to interject while he was having diarrhea of the mouth?

Do not throw in the towel. You have all sorts of experiences. It's just part of the "game".
 Dayz411
Msg: 37
Posted: 10/26/2009 9:02:05 AM
I'm not really sure whats worse - A guy that talks too much - or not even at all
 bikeman1467
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2009 1:52:55 PM

I've been on this site for about 2 months and have had a handful of dates. I'm already frustrated to say the least.
Question: do you initiate contact? Or do you just hang back and let whichever guys contact you? If you don't initiate contact first, do so. You're more likely to find someone compatible for you instead of hoping for pot luck. Second, if this happens on ALL your dates, the common denominator here is YOU. Make better choices. Find better guys via your own initiative. Perhaps do some talking on your dates. Learn how to turn conversations around.
 edencapwell
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2009 3:40:13 PM
yes i know the feeling although sometimes i even experience this on the phone, usually a first phone call. sometimes i won't even meet them because of it. it means they will just do the same thing while on a date. i've also often wondered why some men do NOT ask any questions. i mean how do you get to know someone without asking them about themselves?? guess some people just don't have any common sense.
 Fascino Italiano
Msg: 40
Posted: 10/26/2009 4:16:51 PM
Oh yes... I tried to interject many times. With the last guy I would start to say something and he would interrupt! I couldn't even finish the sentence!
 Fascino Italiano
Msg: 41
Posted: 10/26/2009 4:21:22 PM
That's the thing Sassy... some of these guys I passed emails back and forth with for weeks. The conversations in the emails were nothing more then "Wow, how about this weather", and "Hope you had a great weekend"! Yet out face-to-face a completely different story.

I realize I probably should spend some time on the phone getting to know these guys. Unfortunately that's something I hate to do! I'd rather get out face-to-face early on, waste 2 hours and know for certain, then spend weeks on the phone in the evenings for hours on end.
 tzigane
Msg: 42
Posted: 10/26/2009 4:22:42 PM
Your profile is profoundly negative, so you're attracting profoundly negative people. You should adjust your profile a bit, because I know you're probably a lot happier than you come across. Maybe these men are trying to convince you at length of how good they are compared to all the men you say you don't like from your profile. Just a thought.
 Fascino Italiano
Msg: 43
Posted: 10/26/2009 4:24:21 PM
Hi Bikeman - Sometimes I am the one that initiates contact and other times they contact me. It's not like I'm going for the same type of guy every time. They have all been very different, from varying walks of life.
 Kindredspirit07
Msg: 44
Posted: 10/26/2009 4:54:36 PM
Girl, I have had a few really bad dates as well.

I had a date with a guy who said he forgot his wallet at home on the phone. No problem, I agreed to pay for our dinner. He ordered 4 beer and an appetizer which he sent back and asked for a replacement. I just wanted to get the bill and hit the road but he actually thought we were hitting it off. It gets worse! In the parking lot while we were leaving he backed into my car. He then got out of his truck and had the nerve to blame it on me. I had two witnesses that let him know it was his fault. Needless to say, it was a date from hell and I never saw him again. He had the nerve to text me after saying "You should have followed me home". I told him he was my version of a LOSER! I wish this story didn't really happen but unfortunately it did. I have a few other horror stories that I will share at a later date.
 ThatsNOTmybaby
Msg: 45
Posted: 10/26/2009 6:11:32 PM
Maybe all that "casual" dating isn't working for ya?? I see the ladies are STILL failing at making a so called connection after countless "casual" outings AKA dating!! Man that gotta sucks!! U can always quit dating like a teenager and actually converse a few times first over the phone and get all the preliminaries and questions FIRST and then get to the actual purpose of the "date": which is to have FUN and enjoy yourselves!!

That's why the dating scene sucks... because it's more like playing Jeopardy or 21 Questions than what it was designed for: to have FUN and eventually establish LONG TERM!!
 oneofakind33
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2009 7:30:55 PM
fascino italiano... I do agree to get to know them a bit more before meeting so you don't waste your time.
In the beginning for me I was so excited about a new way of meeting people I met this one guy at a book store but really didn't have much conversation before we met.
He didn't talk about himself just his ex girlfriend which he wasn't over. He never asked anything about me at all. In fact I don't really remember getting a chance to talk... LOL After 45 minutes of this I said I had to go. He siad: REALLY, I am having such a good time. I responded with: at least one of us is and I usually charge $100 for this kind of session. Of course he didn't get it... How sad.

Now I really take my time before meeting anyone. Usually a few emails and if that goes well then phone conversations.

There have been a few people who seemed some what "Normal" in the first few conversations but then totally different on the phone so I didn't waste any time meeting them.

Best wishes in your search :)
 Brad9338
Msg: 47
Posted: 10/26/2009 8:24:24 PM
we use to call people that talked about them selves Toby Kieths "Lets talk about me" I would find this difficult since I would like to know the lady IM dating, her interests etc...
 forumologist
Msg: 48
Posted: 10/26/2009 8:40:54 PM
...............that's why they are single\divorced
nobody wants them (sticks finger down throat and wiggles it)

Next time look him dead in the eye and say "hey, familiarity breeds contempt" and see if he gets it

Kiddin' again

Ok, seriously, if you don't volunteer information he may just be nattering because your'e quiet, kinda hot and he's nervous and thinks he has to carry the convo. It's a theory.
 forumologist
Msg: 49
Posted: 10/26/2009 8:44:09 PM

"If you expect to get the Bl*wjob of the Year later tonight you'll shut up for a minute and put those steaks on the grill. Now." He smiled and said "Yes ma'am!".

ha ha haha hha hahaha ahahahhahahhhah ahah h ah ah ha

work every time don't it
 play the pop
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2009 12:46:47 AM
lmao!! i agree with you everybit, but i just finnished reading another post were a lady was asking why people ask too much questions to you on a date.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Have any other women experienced this?