Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > my boyfriend asked me for money      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Impune
Msg: 26
view profile
History
my boyfriend asked me for moneyPage 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
^^^^^^^^^^^^Let's see... are you on Crack

1) Mood swings
2) Verbal abuse
3) Financially destitute
4) Trying to get you to give him money
5) Angry when you don't give him money
6) Known this loser one week

Your describing how many women are also when they need $$$$$ or need to buy and you don`t give them Nada.

And it`s happened to me many times Women ask me for $$$$$$ in all my relationships for one thing or an other!
 Shaitan
Msg: 27
my boyfriend asked me for money
Posted: 10/26/2009 8:29:54 AM
Holy hell this is a no brainer!! WTF!!

^T^
 Forum Junkie09
Msg: 28
Posted: 10/26/2009 8:34:02 AM

We really only met three times

I think your 1st mistake is calling him your boyfriend after only meeting up 3 times. You talk about taking it slow, well calling him your boyfriend is definitely NOT taking it slow. At this point he isn't even a friend but a mere acquaintance.
 Ahoytheredave
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2009 8:37:23 AM
Twice I was dumped for deadbeats who went through the women's money and still needed more. One of these women actually had the nerve to ask me for money to bail out my replacement. Saying no gave me both satisfaction and sadness. Do you feel you have some kind of power over him because of his financial situation? Is it that financial power you have over him that attracts you to him?
 LovinLife_01
Msg: 30
Posted: 10/26/2009 8:38:14 AM
Based on knowing someone "ONE" week........let's see......

1. I would not be discussing my finances PERIOD!

2. They would not fall under "boyfriend" status.

3. Hell No! To being asked or me doing the asking! WTF?

Count yourself lucky you found out now, instead of later...and move along.
 tnt144
Msg: 31
Posted: 10/26/2009 8:39:45 AM
You are having all these problems in only one week of knowing him? Imagine what he would be like by the time you got married!
 kpooks
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2009 8:41:41 AM
You're right to be angry with him. What can you do? Cut him loose. Boot his butt to the curb. Don't worry, we're not all like that.
 definitelybratty
Msg: 33
Posted: 10/26/2009 8:43:19 AM
First - a week in there is no freaking way.

Second - Mood swings and he upsets you.

Third - you say he's the first off here that you met that has been awful.

Makes me question why he's still in your life.
 forumrum
Msg: 34
Posted: 10/26/2009 8:58:12 AM
OP that's why you don't date someone who doesn't have the same means as you. You are not a bank.
 Lil Brooker
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2009 9:00:57 AM
One week does not equal a relationship and he is not your boyfriend. You don't even know each other yet. So, give him the money and think of something more earth shattering to post about. Lawd!
 ForumFilly
Msg: 36
Posted: 10/26/2009 9:10:41 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^Let's see... are you on Crack

1) Mood swings
2) Verbal abuse
3) Financially destitute
4) Trying to get you to give him money
5) Angry when you don't give him money
6) Known this loser one week

Your describing how many women are also when they need $$$$$ or need to buy and you don`t give them Nada.

And it`s happened to me many times Women ask me for $$$$$$ in all my relationships for one thing or an other!
Inpune, you really need to find a better class of women with whom to associate. What kind of users are you contacting? And if you are giving these women money after knowing them one week, you must be nuts.
 anunu
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2009 9:16:56 AM
ok, so wow
i really hope u r not serious

1. one week, your boyfriend?
do u jump into relationships that fast

2. mood swings = mental instability

3. telling a guy u have known for a week u have lots of money
why?????

i hate to tell u this, but the problem lies more with u than him. don't trust people so fast. it reeks of desperation. know the signs a little earlier on.
i'm glad u r dumping him now before it is too late, but please be more careful the next time around
 NEPA71
Msg: 38
Posted: 10/26/2009 9:31:03 AM
So you didn't give him the money?

Wow, you're greedy. You should immediately give him that and any other monies you have laying about to prove your love to him. Also, do you have any high-end stereo equipment or valuable coins/jewelery?
 ooobaby 01
Msg: 39
Posted: 10/26/2009 9:40:06 AM
Hold up....how can you consider to be his GF and him your BF when you only known him for a week?? This is simply a dude you met offline, got together and made use of some time in space......dated, to see if there is a potential for anything long term. Normally it takes 3-6 month of DATING to learn about someone before you take things further on a commital front, but you had that privilege of learning about this dude in one week....

As Stevie Miller would say "Take the money and RUN"
 carolann0308
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2009 9:42:23 AM
I am going to ask a question and please do not take offense. Are you a special needs person? I have seen some relationship questions you have posted in the past under a prior name and they all struck me as extraordinarily naive for a 28 year old woman to ask.
After one week you should not consider someone your boyfriend or give them any details about your finances.
 Free-At-Last
Msg: 41
Posted: 10/26/2009 9:45:40 AM
Okay repeat after me....
"L O S E R"
 1kindMan4U
Msg: 42
Posted: 10/26/2009 10:01:27 AM
What do you DO? You have to ask?

Hopefully you've blocked his emails and texts.

Oh.. ONE WEEK does NOT equal a "boyfriend" . It is a guy you met. Are you 18?
 animalcrackers28
Msg: 43
Posted: 10/26/2009 10:06:47 AM
sorry i made a mistake he asked me to be his girlfriend after we had been dating three times i agreed so we were official for a week he asked me last sunday but as i said i wasnt rushing things i said no to sleeping with him he has been texting and saying hes sorry but ive said that its best we date other people and that i have made it clear i dont want a relationship with him
 SueCat51
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2009 10:09:20 AM
OP - you're 28 years old, consider this a HUGE learning experience. In the early stages of dating, any money that you receive shouldn't be a topic of conversation. This guy has to earn your trust and likewise, you have to earn his trust. I'm glad to read that you are moving on. Seems Mr. Slacker has more issues than just money.
 Ruby Darling
Msg: 45
Posted: 10/26/2009 10:11:32 AM
First, he can't possibly be your boyfriend after one week, or one month.
Second: If a man or a woman find it in themselves to ask for money from someone they're dating for only one MONTH let alone a week, my advice is to say no AND end it with them as they would be someone without any sense of dignity, or self-esteem. Chances are they are users, or their lives are a huge mess and will drag you down with it.
 darktranquility2526
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2009 10:15:11 AM
Do you have brain damage? Did your momma drop you a couple times?
 daynadaze
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2009 10:29:36 AM
You've known him for a week or you've been declared his girlfriend for only a week? Anyway, block him, forget him, don't pretend you have anything special going and don't waste your time pretending he was anything more than a quickie mistake. I'm being serious, just buh-bye, no contact and move on. And never tell someone you barely know that you have money, that's just asking for trouble you have no idea who this person is or what he could be up to!

Do yourself a favor, block him from all contact with you, you do not want him wearing you down and getting back into your life. He's conning you or trying to, this won't be the last time he'll try to get you to do things so he can use you, cut him off now, no more discussions with him.

Think about how your aunt would feel if she gave you money to help you out and you just handed it to some jerk off looking for someone to rip off! Why would you even consider treating your aunt so badly?
 DALLASDAME
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2009 10:31:27 AM
OP-I fear that you are considering giving him the money. I you weren't thinking about following through you would be asking for advise on this issue. You need to get yourself a group of girlfriends who have major confidence and let some rub off onto you. Any woman with good gal pals wouldn't even waste time on this issue.

On a lighter note, tell him you will give him the money. Have him wait for you in a random place and then don't show up. Erase his number and or get it blocked through your cell phone provider. Leave him to be the fool he is. Don't call, don't explain, no contact period.

You are too soft sweetie! Just because you are a bbw does not mean you don't deserve respect and I don't think this guy is crazy. He's just testing how much of his crap you will put up with just to have a man. I bet if you gave him that money he'd blow it with his pals at the bar or another female.
 rune3
Msg: 49
Posted: 10/26/2009 10:35:29 AM
How did this "relationship" get off the ground? Seems like you committed yourself to being in a relationship with him prior to spending any time with him. Did someone suggest that was sane or even remotely normal? Have you been watching too many films?

He's bad news -- if he can't be even vaguely nice to you in the first week, what hope is there?

Next time, give yourself time -- much more than a week -- of getting to know someone before deciding if you want to get involved. You desperately need to learn about the potential for people to behave badly and strategies for not giving them instant access. You do not talk to strangers about money: you were lucky he revealed his unpleasantness, rather than acting nice and wheedling the cash out of you. The next man you meet may not be so transparent.
 *army mom*
Msg: 50
Posted: 10/26/2009 10:37:23 AM
In the words made famous by Madea ... HELL-TO-THE-NO!!!

You've been with the guy for a week and not only does he ask for money, he gets pissed that you didn't give it to him???

You need to send that jackass packing.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > my boyfriend asked me for money