Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Rep. Alan Grayson - Republicans are Enemies of America      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 EarlzP
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Rep. Alan Grayson - Republicans are Enemies of AmericaPage 3 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

If calling people names such as "Whore" and anyone with a diverse opinion an enemy are the wonderful examples we want to set for our children, then heaven help us.

And we wonder why we are having so many problems with the teen generations.

Your right this is almost as bad as Joe Wilson calling the President Of the United States a liar or the republicans distorting the facts about health care reform you know death panels,illegal alien coverage ect.

There is no excuse for Alan Grayson's choice of words but lets not forget he did freely apologise and unlike some republicans many democrats acknowledged his bad choice of words.

Hopefully some of your cohorts here will read your post and reframe from some of their name calling it does set a bad example
 killene
Msg: 52
Rep. Alan Grayson - Republicans are Enemies of America
Posted: 10/28/2009 3:20:26 PM

I find it interesting that the Joe Wilson thread is doing a booming business. Where is the outrage at Graysons rhetoric? He is smearing millions of Americans and there is hardly a peep.

Could it be that Grayson pro Obama????
 wisguyingb
Msg: 53
Posted: 10/28/2009 5:24:33 PM
Grayson said--"Here I am the only member of Congress who actually worked as an economist, and this lobbyist, this K Street whore, is trying to teach me about economics."

It was a senior Federal Reserve adviser that he referred to as a "K Street whore. I do think that his words (as tacky as they are) are being twisted.

Grayson is standing up to the Federal Reserve and I'll give him on pass on this one. I really do not want Grayson's comment to be used to remove our focus from the real issue and that is the Full audit of the Federal Reserve. (H.R 1207 and S604)
 killene
Msg: 54
Posted: 10/28/2009 5:41:17 PM

Grayson is standing up to the Federal Reserve and I'll give him on pass on this one.

What ever the issue it is still no reason for that type of slanderous name calling.

Yes it is probably time someone stood up and got some audits done.
 cotter
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2009 9:54:43 AM

"Fox News and their Republican collaborators are the enemy of America," Grayson told MSNBC's Ed Schultz on Wednesday. "They're the enemy of anybody who cares about health care in this country, the enemy of anybody who cares about educating their children, the enemy of anybody who wants energy independence or anything good for this country. And certainly the enemy of peace, there's no doubt about that. They are the enemy."

What do you think of his statement?
Given what the Repugnicans are doing in order to keep people from having health insurance/benefits and given all the people who are dieing because of it ... ya I'd say they are enemies of America.

I think his statement is spot on ...
 Tokie-Oh!-Roze
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2009 12:28:25 PM
I personally, do not have any problem with Mr. Grayson’s public comments. I do not think he should be censored by Congress. And I don’t think Joe Wilson should have been censored, either.

Grayson should have his free speech, while all country looks on, to judge Grayson by his level of classiness and deportment. He will long be remembered by all -- as an agent of the Democratic Party -- for his choice of words. And for his belief in the relevancy of his opinions of TV personalities - to the issues at hand.

And the other Dems in Congress will also be remembered for their reactions to Grayson’s behavior.

Yes! Let Mr. Grayson have his “Enemies List”. After all, President R. Nixon was most famous for and “Endmies List” of his own. And just look at how well he fared in the end!

http://www.nndb.com/lists/841/000048697/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nixon's_Enemies_List

As for Joe Wilson, his accusation “You Lie!” was later proven true by the words of his Target’s own mouth. And those who listened to Obama’s entire speech that night remember the hails of booing that occurred two times BEFORE Wilson’s accusation was made. Wilson’s words will be remembered, too -- offensive to some. A true and accurate warning to some.

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2009/09/10/2062938.aspx

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=MzU5MjU2NDNlZmNkOTUyNDdmM2ZkYTI2YmE5ZjAxMzY=

YeSS!! Free Speech for ALL! Let us ALL be known for what we say, -- and what we ARE.
 EarlzP
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2009 12:52:08 PM

As for Joe Wilson, his accusation “You Lie!” was later proven true by the words of his Target’s own mouth. And those who listened to Obama’s entire speech that night remember the hails of booing that occurred two times BEFORE Wilson’s accusation was made. Wilson’s words will be remembered, too -- offensive to some. A true and accurate warning to some.

Let me try to help you out when you supply sources they should give credibility to your position not show your position to be false, when I take the time to check a source I anticipate a source that is credible the source below does not seem to support your position

The paragraph below is from your source

However, for weeks, independent fact-checkers like PolitiFact and Factcheck.org have maintained that the House bill does NOT give illegal immigrants benefits like tax subsidies.
 cotter
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2009 1:26:50 PM

Grayson's new website

http://www.namesofthedead.com/

Yes I saw that on TV ... he had it on a card much like he had his "Republican Health Care Plan" ...
"If you get sick, America, the Republican health care plan is this: Die quickly."

I tell ya ... he calls it the way he sees it. Don't ya just love it?

Seems to me that if the Republicans don't want to be called "enemies of America", they should stop acting like "enemies of America"!
 pirateheaven
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2009 2:15:55 PM

Yes I saw that on TV ... he had it on a card much like he had his "Republican Health Care Plan" ..."If you get sick, America, the Republican health care plan is this: Die quickly."

No he is just despicable. He has no manners, no class, and no brains. That is no way to live your life. The sad thing is that he has people egging him on with partisans who think they know better than everyone else.

The Republican Health care plan has been available since July. Yet the Dems keep saying they have NO plan. I doubt there is a Democrat which has even read the bill.
 jack-d-ripper
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2009 2:31:45 PM

The Republican Health care plan has been available since July. Yet the Dems keep saying they have NO plan. I doubt there is a Democrat which has even read the bill.

It seems that the GOP bosses have not read it....

Send Boehner an email with the Location

Or is that not the PLAN>>>>>

Boehner Won’t Pledge To Offer GOP Health Care Plan, Refuses To Post It Online If He Does

Republicans have been insisting for months that Democrats are shoving a secret bill down the throats of the American public. The health reform legislation “should be posted online for 72 hours so members and the American people get a chance to see what’s in these bills,” House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-OH) told Fox News. “But it seems to me that Democrat leaders want to rush these bills through Congress before anybody has a chance to read them.”

In fact, House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-MD) “has repeatedly pledged to Republicans that the health bill and any manager’s amendment would be posted online for at least 72 hours before the House votes,” and he promised again this week.

At a press conference this morning, a reporter turned the tables on Boehner and asked whether he’d post the GOP plan for 72 hours. Boehner declined to make such a pledge:

QUESTION: Will the Republicans put their alternative online for 72 hours as well?

BOEHNER: Uh, we’ll uh, we’ll have our ideas ready. Don’t worry.

Why won’t Bohner post the GOP plan? Because he doesn’t have one. Later in the press conference, this minor detail was revealed when a reporter pressed Boehner for a GOP alternative plan:

QUESTION: Is it your plan to have one Republican alternative that you all would get behind and endorse?

BOHNER: We have a number of ideas that we would like to proffer in this process, and we’re not quite sure how the majority intends to proceed. And so until we understand how they intend to proceed, it’s pretty difficult for us to have a solid plan.

http://thinkprogress.org/

mungojoe
Msg: 61
Posted: 10/29/2009 2:45:31 PM

No he is just despicable. He has no manners, no class, and no brains.

Which really is just "conservative" for "he's right".

That is no way to live your life.

Of course it isn't... it only serves to subvert the conservative efforts to do away with the epitome of liberal governance established by the founding fathers in thier homage to liberalism, the Constitution, in favour of thier "Christian America".
 pirateheaven
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2009 2:46:20 PM
The plan is the legislative hopper already. It is HR 3400. It has been posted since July.

If you want to read it:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.3400:
 jack-d-ripper
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2009 2:50:17 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You need to send that to Boehner. He is unaware of it.............

cotter
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2009 3:11:23 PM

No he is just despicable. He has no manners, no class, and no brains.
I would beg to differ ... he's a smart man and I dare say we need a man like that in the House Of Representatives ...

LMAO ... he sure told Broun!!!
http://www.progressiveelectorate.com/showDiary.do;jsessionid=B0B4B30E0F301E53A09272752501D3E7?diaryId=1700

Grayson SCHOOLS Paul Broun on Constitution. He will NOT yield! (Update:Now with even more EPIC WIN) Here is the MONEY QUOTE, and the full transcript (transcribed by ear) can be found below.
Grayson: ". . . . We are trampling on people's Constitutional rights. And I think it's unfortunate that the mania that exists on the other side of the aisle regarding this one organization, and we know why that mania exists, it's because they've registered an awful lot of Democrats, continues to distort and waste the time of this committee and many other committees here in Congress. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!:
Now here is the transcript.
WARNING! Pwnage is of EPIC Proportions. It is advised that you DO NOT HOLD YOUR COFFEE AND SIP IT during the watching of this video or reading of this transcript!

Chairman: "Mr. Grayson is recognized."
Grayson: "Thank you. I'd like to ask the gentleman from Georgia a few questions, and I'll yeild to him for the purpose of having answers to these questions. Um, Does the gentleman from Georgia know what a bill of Attainder is?"
Broun (R-GA): "A bill of, the answer's yes, in fact it's been very explicitly described by the court's."
Grayson: "What is it?"

Looooooooooooooong pause while Broun looksthrough notes for an answer

Broun (R-GA): "The courts have applied a two pronged test. Number one, whether specific individuals or entities are affected by the staute, Number two, when the legislation affects a Quote "Punishment" End quote, on those individuals, it serves no legitamate regulatory purpose. "
Grayson: "What, um, does the Constitution says about
Bills of Attainder?"

Broun (R-GA): "Oh, I suggest that this is not a Bill of Attainder. It's, um, certainly does focus on a specific entity, but it does not inflict punishment by any means. In fact. . . "
Grayson: "Will the gentleman from Georgia explain what the Constitution says about Bills of Attainder?"
Outside Voice/another Republican: "Mr. Chairman, will the gentleman yield for a second? The gentleman from Florida?"
Grayson: "No. I'd like an answer to my question."
Outside Voice/another Republican: "Well, frankly, I can't wait to see the discussion when it comes to . . . . "
Grayson: "I did NOT yeild, and I'd like an answer fron the gentleman from Georgia to my question, I. . ."
Chairman: "Li, Li, Listen, let's get back to all the time, is Mister, the gentleman from Florida, who will yeild to the gentleman from Georgia, will . . ."
Grayson: "Right. What does the Constitution say about Bills of Attainder? It's a simple question."
Broun (R-GA): "The Constitution says "Congress shall pass no Bills of Attainder" but this is not one . . . "
Grayson: "Alright, now, would you agree with me that it is UnConstitutional to single out one or more persons without the benefit of trial?"
Broun (R-GA): "Uh, no sir, there is a two pronged test, this is not a Bill of Attainder, it is . . . "
Grayson: "Alright, well, when I, when I said, I'll reclaim my time. I just quoted William Rehnquist writing the book "The Supreme Court", he wrote that book and said "You can not single out on or more persons without the benefit of a trial." Will the gentleman agree that Bills of Attainder are contrary to every principle of sound legislation?"
Broun (R-GA): "The two main criteria which courts would like to look, in order to determine whether legislation is a Bill of Attainder, one is whether a specific individual/entity is affected by the statute, number two, whether the legislation affects a punishment on the individuals . . . "
Grayson: "Will the gentleman please tell me whether you agree or not that Bills of Attainder are contrary to every principle of sound legislation?"
Broun (R-GA): "Bills of Attainder are UnConstitutional."
Grayson: "AND contrary to every principle of sound legislation, is that correct?"
Broun (R-GA): "That's correct."
Grayson: "Alright. And you know who said that?"
Broun (R-GA): "Tell me."
Grayson: "James Madison in the Federalist papers."
"Now, do you, does the gentleman agree that the Bill of Attainder clause was intended not as a narrow or technical provision, but rather as an implementation of the separation of powers, and a general safeguard against legislative exercise of the judicial function, or more simply, trial by legislature. Will the gentleman agree with me on that."
Outside Republican: "Will the Gentleman yield?"
Grayson: "No."

Laughter throughout the committee room , then silence. . .

Outside Representative: "Um, the, the, will the gentleman restate the question?"
Grayson: "The question is, will the gentleman from Georgia agree with me that the Bill of Attainder clause was intended not as a narrow or technical provision, but rather as an implementation of the separation of powers, and a general safeguard against legislative exercise of the judicial function, or more simply, trial by legislation. Wil the gentleman agree to that?"
Broun (R-GA): "No, sir, I will not, and I ask counsel to help us with this, I think all this is determination of the court and I'd like to appeal to Mr. Sensenberner (wingnut who's name I refuse to spell correctly)
Grayson: "Well, I'm sorry, but it's my time, not yours or Mr. Sensenberner's, so I will reclaim my time, and I will point out that what you just you would NOT agree to is from a Supreme Court case called the United States V Brown, something I would expect you might know about, given your name."
Outside voice: "Will the gentleman yield?"
Grayson: "No."

One voice laughs

Grayson: "Uh, listen, we, we are trampling on people's Constitutional rights. And I think it's unfortunate that the mania that exists on the other side of the aisle regarding this one organization, and we know why that mania exists, it's because they've registered an awful lot of Democrats, continues to distort and waste the time of this committee and many other committees here in Congress.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! I yield my remaining 5 seconds."

This is a calm, calculated TOTAL DISMANTLING and SCHOOLING of EPIC proportions. No yelling, no charts, just pure unadulterated WIN, and on one of the biggest Deather, Psycho talking Wingnuts in Congress.

Just WOW!

The man is smart and doesn't take any crap off of those wingnuts ...

OT ...
If the Repugnicans wouldn't act like enemies of America, no one would want to refer to them as such.
 pirateheaven
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2009 3:44:13 PM
If the Repugnicans wouldn't act like enemies of America, no one would want to refer to them as such.

Opposing the Dems when they are wrong does not make them enemies of America. It may make them enemies of the Democrats.

How would you like it, if I called you a bigot. It was Democrats who wanted to hold onto slavery. It was Democrats who opposed civil rights legislation. A Democrat senator in Congress today was a member of the KKK yet he remains in the Democrat party ranks.
 jack-d-ripper
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2009 3:55:49 PM

It was Democrats who opposed civil rights legislation

Democrats like Sen. Strom Thurmond ............

Sen. Strom Thurmond (search) talked against a 1957 civil rights bill for 24 hours and 18 minutes — longer than anyone has ever talked about anything in Congress.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,90552,00.html

What happened to all those Anti Civil Rights Democrats? They Became GOP>>>>>
 pirateheaven
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2009 4:09:35 PM

Democrats like Sen. Strom Thurmond ............

Nice try at deflection. The Democrats like George Wallace were against civil rights legislation.

The Dems still support their Klansman Senator Robert Byrd. He was the senate majority leader for the Dems. They gave a KKK member, an exalted in their party position TWICE, explain that.

Calling Republicans enemies of America is just as bad as calling Dems bigots. The fact that the Dems here can't admit that, says plenty about them.
 Tokie-Oh!-Roze
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2009 4:44:31 PM

Let me try to help you out …
… the source below does not seem to support your position

The paragraph below is from your source

However, for weeks, independent fact-checkers like PolitiFact and Factcheck.org have maintained that the House bill does NOT give illegal immigrants benefits like tax subsidies.

Oh, thanks so much for your help, Earlz! That was really sweet of you. But, I’ve always known that you’re a sweet guy! -->

Yeah, MSNBC reports that many in Congress know think Obama was less than truthful in that matter. They believe that a refusal in the bill to provide for proper identification of enrollees, would effectively, let aliens in.
But, in the interest of "fairness" MSNBC adds that some FACT CHECKERS say that the bill will not give illegals benefits like TAX SUBSIDIES.

Here is what Obama himself says about one way to get illegals involved. Don’t you admire his clever choice of words?

http://www.ihatethemedia.com/obama-admits-amnesty-will-make-illegal-aliens-eligible-for-obamacare

But, back to the subject of this thread: The main premise of my post is Grayson's exercise of his freedom of speech.
 Acoustic-Blues
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2009 5:11:57 PM
Every year, more than 44,000 Americans die simply because they have no health insurance. Add your story and watch Congressman Grayson read your stories on the House floor:

One American dies in a hospital from a medical error or a lethal infection every 6 minutes Approx 90,000 per year... So twice as many die because they have health care ..........go figure.

Over 2,420,000 Americans die every year . This means the percent of Americans who die is because of lack of health care is less than .018 % of all deaths. And the ones the hopitals kill off is .037 percent

BOT

Alan Grayson seems like a publicity whore to me
 EarlzP
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2009 6:14:50 PM

Over 2,420,000 Americans die every year . This means the percent of Americans who die is because of lack of health care is less than .018 % of all deaths. And the ones the hopitals kill off is .037 percent

I don't find either stat acceptable do you?
 cotter
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2009 6:28:09 PM

I don't find either stat acceptable do you?

EarlzP ... they just don't care. They are so selfish and so focused on their own Azz that they just don't care about anyone else. They'd be the first to want to shoot a Democrat if it was proven that 10 or 20 or 30 of their personal friends and family died because of lack of health care benefits ... most especially if it was the Democrats that had prevented the bill passing that would have given their family members and friends affordable health care, but as long as they have what they want ... they don't give a sh*t about anyone else.

Little wonder too that they are pushing for more troops to be sent to Afghanistan for the sole purpose of target practice for the Taliban. They are the ones pushing for the war to continue ... for to continue the war will further bankrupt the US and that would then mean that OBAMA failed ... do you see the pattern here?

THEY JUST DON'T CARE and the end goal is for OBAMA to fail ... at any price to the nation.
 mungojoe
Msg: 72
Posted: 10/29/2009 7:02:01 PM

THEY JUST DON'T CARE and the end goal is for OBAMA to fail ... at any price to the nation.

Truer words have never been spoken... there is no concern for the consequences of thier actions... only that "the liberals" don't succeed... because success would demonstrate the failings of the past 8 yrs... and the flaws in thier position...
 etourdi77
Msg: 73
Posted: 10/29/2009 7:23:52 PM
Why is so hard for Liberals/Left/Progressives/Canadians to understand that most "Republicans" do not want America to fail? They simply do not believe in the Obama Policies, Obama is NOT America....when at least half if not more of the populace does not approve of the Presidents Policies why should Americans sit idly by and watch them be implemented by the Party in power...that is the risk of having one Party in control of both Houses and having he Presidency there are no checks and balances.....whatever agenda they want to Force on America they will......

Another fallacy being touted by the Left is that "Republicans" don't see any flaws in the Bush Era, many "Republicans" actually do acknowledge that some mistakes were made under the Bush administration...so saying that we don't accept that reality is False....here is something to think about.what did Bush do right according to the Liberals, anything?

What has Obama done wrong,anything?
 cotter
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2009 7:44:24 PM

when at least half if not more of the populace does not approve of the Presidents Policies why should Americans sit idly by and watch them be implemented by the Party in power...that is the risk of having one Party in control of both Houses and having he Presidency there are no checks and balances.....whatever agenda they want to Force on America they will......
I don't know how anyone can say that ... do you have a link to prove what you are saying?

I think it's quite evident that the populace DOES approve of the President's policies. He's doing everything he said he would do. He was elected to lead our Congress to do these things for our nation ... Congress was elected to represent us and while I'm not convinced that all of them take their roles seriously and are basic puppets with nothing but a price tag on their heads, for the most part, I'm hoping we can count on them to get us affordable health coverage and bring our troops home.

At some point, this nation has to get back to a state of normalcy. We are like a cancer-filled body and if we can't get the cancer in check soon, we are truly going to die. Just like any cancer patient, we have our limits and I believe we have reached those limits ... now we need some recovery time and that does not involve setting all kinds of booby traps to trip up the man who was elected to get us out of this mess.

Until the Repugnicans can get that through their head and stop fighting him, they are acting like the enemies of America. So tell us ... how can anyone say that the populace does not want it ... they voted for him and now it's time to get off his back and give him a chance.

I don't expect anyone who supports the "Party of NO" to understand. What is evident though is that they do want him to fail and they will stop at nothing to accomplish it.
 hard starboard
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2009 7:50:11 PM
I don't see much difference between Alan Grayson and Joe Wilson except in the length of the diatribe.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Rep. Alan Grayson - Republicans are Enemies of America