Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > MATCH.com V p.o.f      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BrnEyez316
Msg: 76
MATCH.com V p.o.fPage 4 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Twinmd77:

All I can say is everyone that is on this site are on others as well. I have been on match, e-harmony, singles.net and others just to check it out before getting a membership and you see the same faces. So it makes me wonder if you meet someone on here, how many other sites are they on????
 SJB2010
Msg: 77
MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 12/5/2009 9:39:58 PM
Well I have not seen anyone on here that's also been on match. I mean no significant number. Maybe one or two, that I wasn't attracted to anyway. In my experience, there's way more 'quality' singles over there on match. A lot of people here are just here to waste time, are married, just want sex, etc. No married people or anything are gonna pay to just fool around or get sex.
 BrnEyez316
Msg: 78
MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 12/5/2009 9:46:12 PM
Are you serious? No married people are gonna pay to just fool around for sex? Please... On match.com there are many on there that say they are either divorced or separated and only come to find out they are still married. And yes, whether they pay or not, they still want sex!
 Miss W
Msg: 79
view profile
History
MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 12/5/2009 10:06:40 PM
I did have a chuckle the other night and went so far as to mention it on FB. I happened to be watching a Law and Order SVU marathon, that happened to be sponsored by Match .com. Tres creepy, and I'm not joking. Oh, and by the way, I've been on both sites and most are just trolling for sex.
 SJB2010
Msg: 80
MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 12/5/2009 10:10:32 PM
I think the older crowd is a lot more slutty than my aged crowd. I've never had a girl who wanted sexual encounters right away; she always just wanted to date me and get to know each other, and let the sex come with exclusitivity.
 twinmd77
Msg: 81
MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 12/5/2009 10:27:41 PM
"All I can say is everyone that is on this site are on others as well."

Sure, that could be. But even if everyone on here is on some other site(s), that's not the same as all the people on Match also being here. I still think the last gentleman is right about Match's better selection. (Not that I'm drumming business for Match) Though point well taken when you find someone on here you wonder where or what else...
 onefishwilldo
Msg: 82
MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 12/5/2009 11:43:07 PM
The great thing about POF is that there is no charge for being on here. Match charges $39.99 for one month membership. PerfectMatch charges about the same amount or near that. The profiles are mostly made up with a bunch of words.
 mnwildguy
Msg: 83
MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 12/6/2009 5:55:53 AM
I have not been on Match yet... But I have noticed on POF that you do not get alot of replys back... Even if you have talked to someone for awhile or posted a forum message someone replies once and thats it... Thats my worst thing about POF.

Does anyone get that on other sites also?

mnwildguy
 BrnEyez316
Msg: 84
MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 12/6/2009 6:49:08 AM
I think the older crowd is a lot more slutty than my aged crowd. I've never had a girl who wanted sexual encounters right away; she always just wanted to date me and get to know each other, and let the sex come with exclusitivity.

Sib2010...exactly where do you live? Most 20-30 yr olds only are looking for sex. I am not saying that people your age aren't monogamous but let's get serious here... As far as the"Older crow being slutty"? I am truly offended. I am far from slutty. It is how you handle yourself and what you are looking for. Go check out half the profiles on here. Mostly all men have something sexual written as well as women.
 FarmExe
Msg: 85
MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 12/6/2009 8:42:11 AM
The best thing with POF is that I can "walk" around the world with my profile, and smart people know where I am.
 SJB2010
Msg: 86
MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 12/6/2009 8:56:00 AM
Browneyes: I used to live in PA during middle school; is Huntingdon near Doylestown?

OK, I sort of lied. I have met girls off here who were 19-20 who wanted some kind of sex early on (even the first date), as in wanting to, uh, pleasure ME. The funny thing is, those girls were totally unattractive (at least to me), but the attractive girls I met had way more self-respect for themselves and actually wanted to date the old fashion way.
 BrnEyez316
Msg: 87
MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 12/6/2009 10:57:12 AM
Sib2010...Ok..so now the truth comes out! Not all girls are pigs as you so litely put it... I grew up in Philly so I know how they are (the bad from the good). Anyway, Huntingdon Valley is about 30-35 mins to Doylestown...
 omr615
Msg: 88
MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 12/6/2009 10:59:15 AM
I have message board A.D.D and did not read the whole thread, but Id like to add my 2 cents in on the debate.

Id like to share a little secret that I have used. I have never been a paying member to match, but I have browsed profiles and found a few girls I would like to message even though I couldnt. You can do a stupid ice breaker, but who replies to them. Okay the secret is, copy their user name on match, then go to POF and plug it in a user name search. I have connected with a few girls that way and it makes for a great story on how you found them. Ive always gotten a response from everyone I messaged that had both match and pof. They're actually kinda flattered that I would go through the trouble, or my interest was that high in them that I took the shot.
 startle
Msg: 89
MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 12/6/2009 7:28:21 PM
the guys over at match are not on there much...they will message you once in a while but they don't hang out over there like the guys on pof do...the guys here are just everyday guys...the ones over at match are rich and even semi-famous sometimes....the match guys are also better looking older guys...it is a better selection over there but not nearly as much fun...the guys here at pof are a wacky bunch...
 niceguyfin1st
Msg: 90
MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 12/7/2009 10:40:53 AM
I have a profile on Mate.1 which is supposed to be "hidden"(kept it in case I ever renewed my membership). The odd take is---I get notices that I have mail on Mate.1 which Ican't view unless I resubscribe. Now explain how can I get mail if no one can see my profile??? Talk about a scam!!!!
 BrnEyez316
Msg: 91
MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 12/7/2009 4:27:42 PM
Same with match.com...I did put a profile up because it supposely was a "free weekend" and when it came time to subscribe I never did. so I hid my profile. They keep sending me matches but I can't look at them..
 KeyofLife05
Msg: 92
MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 5/18/2010 10:05:22 PM
Reviving an old post; sorry.

My ex g/f (...we have been "just buddies" for over a year now) joined & then quit match in the last year. Here's the rub: even though she's quit, they kept her page alive. She continues to show up in guy's searches (and continues to get unwanted e-mail even though she has a new b/f now).

JUXTAPOSE THAT WITH THIS...

I recently surfed match to compare it with PoF. Same geographic (etc.) search criteria, and WOW! TONS more eligible ladies there, it would seem! I mean, LOTS more educated, attractive women (exponentially more, in terms of sheer quantity of eligible people) showed up in my search results....

Yet, see my first point... they keep dead profiles alive.

BUT, the nice thing there is that you can rank search results based on most recent activity. (As you can here.) So EVEN THOUGH we know that they keep dead profiles available (and a lot of guys must end up messaging people who are long gone), on balance, they still seemed like a more potentially lucrative option. So the temptation is there.

Just my $0.02....
 sanyoman112
Msg: 93
MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 5/19/2010 3:59:29 AM
True, I think Match comes up with more in the searches, however, I hear a lot of them aren't paying members. What's really lame half the emails you send to some of them won't be able to READ the message you sent them, unless they fork out the 40 bucks to do it.

I hear some people get baited into paying into it because they get an email, can't read it, so they pay the money so they can read it, and turns out the profile of that person disappeared, so they're stuck with a 1-month membership. Yikes.
 MizBex
Msg: 94
MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 5/19/2010 5:48:49 AM

I recently surfed match to compare it with PoF. Same geographic (etc.) search criteria, and WOW! TONS more eligible ladies there, it would seem! I mean, LOTS more educated, attractive women (exponentially more, in terms of sheer quantity of eligible people) showed up in my search results

This true for the men on Match as well. I am not currently acitive there, but I am going to renew my membership. Better matches and the men there really seem to be looking for more that one-nighters.

Both sites have their pros and their cons, however, for me I have always found the my best prospects at Match.
 S.O.U.L
Msg: 95
MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 5/19/2010 4:35:54 PM
I'm thinking of trying Match for a month. Is it true they still bill your card even after you cancel the membership?
 briargate
Msg: 96
MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 5/19/2010 4:44:26 PM
Sadly, Match was better in my opinion as well. Here I get only a few messages with one or two sentence responses, usually just to say hello. Not much else. On Match I was easily able to set up a date a week, which eventually was all I could deal with. Some, um, interesting things came about from Match as well. Ha ha ha.

Anyway, I do like the forums here and don't really mind if I never get a date out of POF. I have good luck In Real Life so far.
 MrFication
Msg: 97
view profile
History
MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 5/19/2010 4:56:45 PM
I had about the same luck with match as I do here--not much. At least with match it is easier to focus on preferences. I've also tried yahoo and actually met a few people. Eharmony said "Sorry you're too unique and don't fit into any of our categories; and it would be a disservice to use them."
 Savona
Msg: 98
MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 5/19/2010 5:41:58 PM
I have and am on Match and one thing I can say for sure is that yea there are always men who will cheat but leet on a pay site.

Most men wouldn't want that charge on their credit card incase of a snoopy wife.

If a man sends me a letter on match I know he is a paying member, and well sometimes you just got to pay to play.

There are also allot less men:
living in mommies basement,
sleeping on a friends sofa,
pretending to work from home while on welfare on a pay site.

It is just so funny, I actually like to date men who have a job or a real source of income other than government cheques. Silly me.
 sanyoman112
Msg: 99
MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 5/19/2010 6:20:42 PM

It is just so funny, I actually like to date men who have a job or a real source of income other than government cheques. Silly me

Well, considering the current state of the economy, it's not uncommon. ;-)
 MizBex
Msg: 100
MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 5/20/2010 6:33:28 AM

Well, considering the current state of the economy, it's not uncommon. ;-)

While this is a very valid point. This was also the case before the economy took a nose dive.

Also, on Match you fin d a lot less men with children with multiple mothers.

There also seems to be more stability to the men I have met from Match.

That has been my experience.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > MATCH.com V p.o.f