Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > People over 30 that are not taken - something wrong with them?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 moun10dew
Msg: 551
People over 30 that are not taken - something wrong with them?Page 23 of 37    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37)

I personally have wanted to wait until girls stopped being immature and stabbing each other in the back over who can get the most sex.

plan on waiting a looooooooooooonnnnnnnnggggggg time then.
 countryboy5696
Msg: 552
view profile
History
People over 30 that are not taken - something wrong with them?
Posted: 8/19/2011 7:11:52 PM
I agree as a 30+ member in this world we call life (ie my life too). Not enough people can stand on their own two feet for a long period of time and they expect someone else to take care of everything!
 BuddFoxx
Msg: 553
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2011 9:56:04 PM
No it's normal.
 bravehart64
Msg: 554
Posted: 8/21/2011 11:29:46 AM
Oh I like this and have to admit YES ! Gee what do you figure huh ? And so freakin what ? Where does it say everyone should fit into some mold ? Where does it say everyman has to be some freakin success story and have lots of money .Even hold a steady job as long as he works so what ? You know you are right there is something wrong with me ..

Now character flaws ? Hum I dont think so got plenty of character .Humour got that .Looks dunno to some folks yes ..Fun you bet..Mean no not me but dont yank my chain to hard .

Maybe juss maybe I dont like to BE what others mainly society dictates I am supposed to be ?

And there it is a FLAW !
 bravehart64
Msg: 555
Posted: 8/21/2011 11:34:38 AM
Countryboy :

quote :

"I agree as a 30+ member in this world we call life (ie my life too). Not enough people can stand on their own two feet for a long period of time and they expect someone else to take care of everything!"

Expect ? I must ask you WTF are you talking about ? Do you know why many cant ? And they expect others to take care of them ? Gee could you be referring to the almost 34 million disenfranchised American workers our economy shit all over ? You get dates with this sort of attitude about others ?
 bunnyBiotch
Msg: 556
Posted: 8/21/2011 1:45:54 PM
Yes, there is something terribly wrong with all of us who fit into this pretty little box with a bow on top! As Bridget Jones said about singletons," Because we have scales underneath our clothing!"

I'm quite happy that I haven't tethered myself to some other idiot who was trying to figure out who they were, at the same time I was! Sometimes, it takes people a long time to ever figure this out, but a majority of folks haven't in their 20's. And then in your early thirties, alot of people are fresh out of a divorce and not ready for another relationship. So, it would seem, these are the smarter people, who are biding their time for the perfect for fit for them!
 bravehart64
Msg: 557
Posted: 8/22/2011 11:43:15 AM
BB : Post quote excerpt :

"So, it would seem, these are the smarter people, who are biding their time for the perfect for fit for them! "

Perfect fit ? Forget it .. I dont delude myself with that fantasy LOL ..Some one who might support me and tolerate my out of the box thinking yes of course .And by support I dont mean financially ..

Or be 100% my clone never wouldn't want that LOL..

But I would agree somewhat of course .To me discovering ones self is a life long endeavor .God if so many folks already think they have I wonder ? Discovering something new about oneself is a rewarding fulfilling experience to be sure .
 Carte_Blanche
Msg: 558
Posted: 8/22/2011 2:21:17 PM
Women who are not taken after the age of 30 are usually ugly, fat, have addiction problems or psychotic. Men are usually just afraid of commitment, ...or fat, ugly, have addiction problems or psychotic.
 bunnyBiotch
Msg: 559
Posted: 8/22/2011 4:44:21 PM
Aucontraire, Wow, jaded much? I think you were trying to be funny, but it fell short....

Bravehart64, and that's what I meant by perfect fit, someone who is prefect for you & do those things.....
 bravehart64
Msg: 560
Posted: 8/23/2011 2:10:06 AM
"Women who are not taken after the age of 30 are usually ugly, fat, have addiction problems or psychotic. Men are usually just afraid of commitment, ...or fat, ugly, have addiction problems or psychotic."

Obviously this was meant to be funny .Or you cant see ? I see many single attractive females every where .

How about men who aren't successful at climbing our socially constructed money tree ladder ? Or refuse to participate and just get by ?

Are they psychotic ? How about the millions that lost their jobs homes businesses and wives becuase of this sick economy ? Losses ?

To me men are the cannon fodder of our sick system of must succede . And women help feed the sickness by demanding men must be successful .

Or hes useless to them ..Our system is failing or hasnet anyone noticed ?
 gstarb
Msg: 561
Posted: 8/24/2011 10:48:52 AM
Hi

This is something that has been said to me in the past few months, I don’t think I’m over the age of 30 yet but I’m getting there, I find when I’m chatting to people they think I have a girlfriend or I’m a player..... I just take it as it comes, I think its more women who think that way because in the back of their mind time ticks louder... and they assume he must be flawed or a serial dater... Well I’m happily searching... Hope your proved wrong but a fab question....:)
 Guitarzification
Msg: 562
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2011 2:36:11 PM
I think it also could be due to a person decision..? like not wanting to settle down that early .. though yes, in a way.. the longer it takes, the harder it gets .. but then that is a time trip everyone goes through
 shopgirl888
Msg: 563
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2011 2:55:08 PM
He is just not ready to settle down or to commit to one person. Not everyone in the world will get married or partake in committed relationship. Some people will date their entire lives.
 anaili41
Msg: 564
Posted: 8/24/2011 2:58:54 PM
Hi, responding to question, well I think not because we really dont know the reason why that person is single, there could be many reasons, in my case I am well over 30 was married 18 years to the love of my life, but now find myself a widow at 42, so when I read single over 30 I am cautious to judge one never knows
 partykid2011
Msg: 565
Posted: 9/2/2011 12:04:17 AM
i am over 30 and single because i want to be, there are factors in this, i don't have alot of cash, i don't have my own place, i have a job, i want to save up and spend cash on myself, i am happy being single, i don't wan't to date lots of girls, i am waiting for the right one to come along, most of the girls on here are not unique, which is why most of them are still single, guys in there 30's are looking for that special someone, which is true in my case.

i wouldn't be bothered if i was still single in 5 years, untill i have my own stuff sorted, i won't be ready to date

being selective and guarded intrigues women, so i am told
 114M3
Msg: 566
Posted: 9/3/2011 8:26:11 AM

What's more alarming is someone over 30 that can't be alone for two days.

*bingo!* :
 stormee
Msg: 567
Posted: 9/4/2011 8:51:02 PM
I personally don't think there is anything wrong with a guy or girl over the age of 30 not finding the one.
I have only been on POF for less than a week and even though I have changed my profile I am still finding it hard to find someone.

I wish I were pretty enough for someone, but I guess it/s all in the looks or the cyber chats. I am sure some guys feel the same way.

I just wish that some guys even if they are not interested, would at least have the courtesy to respond with "not interested".

Because I come across alot of "Meet me" profiles and then send a message to that person and rather than get a response. I get nothing. I guess everything is deceiving.

I really don't know what I am doing wrong. Maybe I'm just not dating material. Who knows. But I do believe there is someone for everyone on POF or other sites :)

happy fishing.

HAPPYBN50
Msg: 568
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2011 2:11:49 PM
I am Just over 50 ....and I am here to tell all of you that Life is... what you make it !. and, It only gets better. And your life should always be ,Work in progress!! If someone has a flaw at 30 something, "Is his life over "??? "NOT BY FAR" !!! . Life will throw you all types of curve balls. Hopefully you can jump out of the way from most. In the game of life... you need to learn from your mistakes and don't make the same one over and over! Age is a burden, to people who make it that way. There are so many people and so many different circumstances in ones life. You never know everyone has character flaws anyway!!

How could any one make an assumption that man or woman who is over 30 must have a character flaw ?? How do you know if they have a character flaw without knowing their character? Anyone who believes that statement is shallow and is dumb!! Character flaws have nothing to do with age!! You can't judge someone's character if you don't know them. Besides, with age comes wisdom. and that is a Huge plus....Hence, when you are young and dumb you make stupid comments like that. So, I say age is not the deciding factor here. Get to know people first if you like who they are it doesn't matter how old they are.... Really ??.... Does it??
 shimmrkat
Msg: 569
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2011 3:04:09 PM
"Do you find that there has got to be "something" wrong if someone looks in every other way a good catch, yet still hasn't settled down? "

I think people say things like this because otherwise, my goodness, they might have to take a closer look at the choices they made when they were 20-somethings. I've met lots of people who envy the people who focused on careers, spur-of-the-moment trips, and generally having fun with the freedom of being an adult during their twenties.

And instead of acknowledging their envy and figuring out what it really is they want out of life, they label the ones they envy as 'broken'. I guess it makes them feel better about themselves.
 TeeToTheEyeToTheEm
Msg: 570
Posted: 9/10/2011 10:39:37 PM
I suppose I will chime in here since I qualify.

I'm 35 and in the midst of a career change thanks to our wonderful economy. So I am in college getting my pieces of paper that say I can make a couple bucks playing around with computers. I spent most of my 20's working overtime doing steel fabrication and welding and also managed to front a heavy metal band for 8 years. I've had a few relationships during that time, but nothing ever worked out because I just never had enough time to devote to a healthy relationship and it was hard to find women that were into heavy metal music. Well, now I am 35 and one would have to safely assume there are no women my age that share my musical interest. On top of that I have to explain why I live in a studio apartment and have to do homework every night at my age. I try to sell them on my upside, but all they can see is a 35 year man jamming guitar riffs into a computer in his spare time until he graduates and moves on to his next career. So I am stuck going to bars with my friends and have actually grown tired of going to bars with my friends. But, that is where the women are. I would much rather do something besides getting bombed doing shots and possibly waking up next to a very unattractive woman.

I sometimes feel an enormous disheartening when I see people my age attending their child's high school graduation. All my friends have families and don't have the time to come out to the bars with me as much. I feel like I washed up on an island with no means of communication. I definitely missed a bus in life, but I am not done living yet. I'm only 35 and am thankful for the chance to have a second career that will be way better than my first. And, well, the mail order thing might not be such a bad idea someday.

Kidding of course.

So yeah, maybe there is "something" with people over 30 and have nobody. It's not always something wrong though.
 debeer
Msg: 571
Posted: 9/15/2011 12:31:47 AM
Some are late bloomers or reintroduced to the pool. But you're question does outline part of the problem. It is true many of the fish out there are caught early so the numbers are some what less but there are so many people out there, I wouldn't worry. Just keep searching.
 debeer
Msg: 572
Posted: 9/15/2011 12:35:46 AM
BTY there are just as many people with issues taken out of the pool over 30 as well if not more. There are fewer overall never been married over 30 than compared to under 30. If you remember back when you first started dating in your teens or 20s there were a lot of bad choices back then too. I think it's easier to identify the bad choices over 30 than it was under 30, maybe an advantage to avoid what you don't want in a relationship. :-) You're more aware now that's all.
 professorjjd
Msg: 573
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2011 4:00:53 AM
Haha, people over 30? What about guys over 40? I'm about to turn 41 in november(27th), never been married, never had kids, and my longer relationship may have been a few months! If I remember correctly, that is.. There should be another discussion thread for the over 40 crowd too! Of course, all my life I've been a misanthrope, and I don't see mankind in a positive light.. I tend to side with agent smith from "the matrix", human kind is a virus.. Which is sadly true!
 TheresAnAppForMe
Msg: 574
Posted: 9/19/2011 8:20:43 PM
no guys who are still single over 30 means NOTHING.. these stereotypes are insulting.
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 575
Posted: 9/19/2011 9:01:02 PM
Ya; most are completely deranged and absolute and total messes and strangecases...why?
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > People over 30 that are not taken - something wrong with them?