Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > People over 30 that are not taken - something wrong with them?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 114M3
Msg: 576
People over 30 that are not taken - something wrong with them?Page 24 of 37    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37)
Yes there's got to definitely be something wrong with me cos well -- 30+ and not taken has just been determined by the Amercian Journal of Psychiatry as a definite red flag indicator of serious mental, emotional and physical health issues.

the only Rx for this is: grab the nearest available person and begin administering maximum dosages (3 x's a day) of relationship sessions.

wishinghopingprayinglovin
Msg: 577
People over 30 that are not taken - something wrong with them?
Posted: 9/24/2011 1:41:13 AM
No, some people can just be preoccupied with work and family that dating ends up taking a back seat. The person could also be shy.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 578
Posted: 9/24/2011 5:50:03 PM
yes, something very very very wrong with them - from your point of view.
I bet they are quite happy with most facets of their life - and maybe more since you are not adding drama to it.
“I love to be alone. I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude.”
 potatopatrick
Msg: 579
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2011 8:47:35 PM
Or spent the last 12 years with the person he thought was the one, but turned out his boy "feels like exploring" and dumps you.

I don't theirs anything wrong with me.... I didn't realize that it mattered if I happened to be in my 30's ??
 complete_moron
Msg: 580
Posted: 9/24/2011 9:13:11 PM
Ihave a question,

Could not the same be said about women over 30+?

Not really. Finding a woman with no kids over 30 and never married, is as difficult as finding an albino elephant in Manhattan.

I'm 36 soon, never married and no kids. NO i don't have any defects, I had girlfriends before, but due to the fact that I spent my life in schools and military + part time jobs up until 2004 kinda shortened and ruined a part of my life, that others spend marrying around, sleeping around etc.
Not that I didn't date during that time, but I got rejected, due to my busy lifestyle during that time. Now I'm 36 almost and people think that there is something wrong with me. Great.
 SeaCatcher
Msg: 581
Posted: 9/25/2011 4:32:43 AM
If you believe in a partner for life, then you're also likely to think in the way you suggest. Many people have several partners throughout their life and some prefer not to live in relationship with anybody. There is great diversity in the human condition. Not having settled for one life partner is not a sign of anything (specific instances excluded) except personal preference.
 perdurabo76
Msg: 582
Posted: 9/25/2011 5:55:34 AM
I think your chances of meeting your soulmate decrease dramatically as you age as standards and requirements do change and become higher and more selective.

Moreover if you state you don't want children they run away from you as in general women do have the maternal calling and cannot resist it.
 James7419
Msg: 583
Posted: 9/25/2011 7:49:14 AM
Im 37 and single, never been married and have no children. Iv'e just never met the right person because i don't jump on anything that moves like most folk.
Also when i was in a a relationship circumstance was never right.
i still live in hope :0)

Oh and no i don't consider there to be something wrong with me.
 Jer13601
Msg: 584
Posted: 9/25/2011 9:24:51 AM
Yes OP. Men over thirty should be shunned. At this time in their lives, they start to physically change into the elephant man, their minds turn to mush and add absolutely no value to society as a whole. I have heard that they are transforming an abondoned island in the Pacific to accept these men and house them away from the younger generations indefinietly.
 pofdude2003
Msg: 585
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2011 2:06:06 AM
Stereotypes are for the weak minded anyway. Stereotypes are just a way for lazy, intolerant, irrational people to pass judgement on others without putting in their own work to get to know someone.

Everyone is their own individual. Individuality is part of what makes us human.
 28stokes
Msg: 586
Posted: 9/26/2011 3:52:04 PM
I am over thirty and single, and truth be told i am picky about who i choose to date. the reason is this. i don't want to be with someone just to say i have a girlfriend. i am getting older and i would love to settle down. so i don't waste my time being with someone that i know that i wont have a future with. so i guess that i will be single for a long time. i refuse to just settle just because i am in my thirties.
 wll1011
Msg: 587
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2011 7:30:24 PM
does nt mean they have problem it mean that are more relaxed more sure of them self and theyre looking for that right person just cause theyre old dont mean it over for them
 femaleandflirty
Msg: 588
Posted: 9/26/2011 10:44:05 PM
Womaninprogress
YOu are right... More alarming when they are so needy they have to have someone, anyone... just to be part of a couple.... Goodlooking men at 30 or whatever with a career can afford to be fussy and wait for the right one....THey may have had long term relationships in the past and they have not worked out. It is foolish to make any kind of assumptions about anyone's demographic.
 montaukmonster
Msg: 589
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2011 12:21:21 AM
I gotta agree I'm 32 I'm Single. I would agree that there is Something Wrong With ME. as soon as I figure it out. I'll Fix it. til then. I'm Happy Righting Wrongs and Singing Songs.
 yummy78
Msg: 590
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2011 1:51:29 AM
I have found with men. They get to that point because they are too picky. They are looking for Miss. "perfect" She does not exist. I have several guy friends & I tell them they will end up alone. Not saying anyone should settle but everyone has some flaws. Guys have to lower the bar, and look at a woman as more than skin deep. Just my opinion.
 BACKAGAINTOTRYAGAIN
Msg: 591
Posted: 9/27/2011 5:33:04 PM
sometimes things dont work out and things happen . ithough by now id be married but have had long trem ones and i wasnt going ti marrie the wrong guy because that would make me like there something wrong with me. i dont settle for something i dont want and why should anyone.
 kinley68
Msg: 592
Posted: 10/2/2011 7:38:49 PM
I'm 43 and have never been married. I have a great deal of respect for marriage but it's never been a goal. Anyone who wants to be married can be married - it's not that difficult. The reason I'm not married is because I am very selective. I think this is true of a lot of singles over 30.
 Jules7d7
Msg: 593
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2011 9:21:52 PM
HA! Something is "wrong" alright...those of us still single, no kids, and never married are ridiculously smart and keen on what we are looking for and are perfectly comfortable in our own skin.

Kind of makes you wonder, in fact, who started the "is there something wrong with you?" rumor that's going around?

Simply put I would rather be happy, content and successful than married, miserable, and resentful for following the status quo to avoid the stigma of being "defective" in some way shape or form.
 LukeT77
Msg: 594
Posted: 10/6/2011 5:24:59 AM
I think it's more about luck than flaws in the person.

We don't all manage to happen upon people that we might ultimately get married to, regardless of how great we are or much effort we might put into trying.

There will always be people who are attracted to us and there will always be people who aren't (even Brad Pitt and George Clooney don't appeal to ALL women), similarly there will always be people we're attracted to and people we're not.

The lucky folks are the ones who come across more of the people who they attract and are attracted to. Of course the odds are improved the more attractive you are, but there are still no cast iron guarantees you'll meet that special someone.
 HPJames
Msg: 595
Posted: 10/6/2011 1:13:40 PM
Something has to be wrong.. Even less attractive people find someone eventually. Maybe some issues in the past..
 EasyPeasy72
Msg: 596
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2011 2:35:31 PM
I won't date men who are not divorced "once" most of the time, and if they even write they have not had a relationship 5 years long at minimum on their ads. they completely look like emotionally unavailable long-term players who just bed hop and never commit or truely love women.
 hammertownguy62
Msg: 597
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2011 4:08:21 PM

I won't date men who are not divorced "once" most of the time, and if they even write they have not had a relationship 5 years long at minimum on their ads. they completely look like emotionally unavailable long-term players who just bed hop and never commit or truely love women.

Never divorsed ....

I was living with my fiance ..... when she passed away ....

We met on POF .... this site does work SOMETIMES ....
 BenRockport
Msg: 598
Posted: 10/6/2011 4:50:37 PM
No more so than kids over grade 7 that didn't take grade six advanced math. its in your perspective. I think sometimes we forget to factor the diversity of attitudes and values now days and the way we interact as a result. You just can't really tell by looking at someone.
 Wise_Monk
Msg: 599
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2011 8:26:23 PM
I believe little is wrong with most of us in terms of our worthiness to find someone, at least not in the most extreme sense we'd expect. On the contrary, I say the "system" of dating in modern society is more of what's wrong in this equation. We've all bought into an ideal that doesn't work, the statistics tell us it doesn't work, we know it doesn't work because we can see the failure all around us, yet no one really talks about it much and we never rally together in some way to change it... and even if we did, who would take it seriously enough? It's a very peculiar situation that on the surface seems like no big deal, but beneath the surface is actually sitting right on the very fabric of the stability of humanity. Luckily, the entire world doesn't subscribe to the type of system of dating we have in our society.

If you're always single--and yet aware of harsh realities around you--you commonly live between two extremes. One extreme is the anger, disbelief and confusion as to why you can't find someone. The other extreme is watching so many people around you who are in relationships but are totally miserable and you feel thankful for not being in that situation. You know that the likelihood of you experiencing the same fate is high, so you take solace in that at times but it fades when you realize again that you'd be willing to take that risk just to be able to feel even for a short time what it would be like to experience the good parts of these relationships.
 Mikikal
Msg: 600
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2011 6:04:27 AM
Nothing wrong with me a good bacon slicer won't cure ;) LOL
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > People over 30 that are not taken - something wrong with them?