Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > People over 30 that are not taken - something wrong with them?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jdkrup77
Msg: 151
People over 30 that are not taken - something wrong with them?Page 7 of 37    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37)
I just got out of a relationship with a woman who is 39, I am 32. I am smart enough to know that when a relationship fails it is usually a problem with not just one, but both. I made some mistakes, but I trully believe the same can be said for women in their 30s. I loved her to death, but I think I fell victim to what seems to be the norm these days. We really never argued over anything other then small stuff. It seems these days that alot of women I meet require that drama be a part of the relationship. She would never tell me why she wanted to end it other then "she knows it will not work". We on a rare ocassion still talk and she says she is fine having me as a friend but nothing more. I could have done better communicating how I felt, but the ironic thing was she demanded from the beginning full communication between us. Which I really enjoyed, at first there was nothing wrong between us, but months later, it was obvious she was the one not communicating. She did say she's kind of accepted she would be alone always. So is something wrong with men over 30 not married? Maybe some are, but women can be exactly the same way too. I would like to know from women what they think. Maybe it sounds like a stupid question, but do you women out there feel if there is not "some" drama that a relationship gets boring?
 HTex25
Msg: 152
People over 30 that are not taken - something wrong with them?
Posted: 12/14/2009 7:43:40 AM
Good looking dudes over the age of thirty like young blondes who drink often (>3)....nothing wrong with him
 HTex25
Msg: 153
Posted: 12/14/2009 7:45:30 AM
oops haha...they also like 38 yr old blondes that drink often too
 jerryyo
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2009 1:54:19 PM
Oh, this one is easy:

Yes, there's something wrong w/most of us. Typically, we're self-absorbed and sometimes a bit narcisistic.

Not me, of course.
 brighteyes77
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2009 2:01:38 PM
I think they would be plenty of more reason that people are single than there is something wrong with them love. Its not men its women too maybe you have just gone for the wrong ones.

People have much more that they want to do with their lifes when they are in their 20's right up to whatever age they choose like travelling, choosing to concentrate on studying, careers and much more.

I think an older guy has alot of postives rather than negatives. They tend to be more wise, understanding and educated.

Don't discriminate or not date someone because of their age you never know how you might feel when you get older if your still single.
 mrnova66
Msg: 156
Posted: 12/15/2009 6:44:43 PM
No..Nothing wrong with over 30 and not taken..But a red flag a person at 30 that has 3 kids by 3 different men...I got better things to do than to mess with a drama queen...
 TheOriginal
Msg: 157
Posted: 12/15/2009 7:52:59 PM
I am 36

I definitely feel like something is wrong with me...

I just don't know WHAT!!!

could be my shallow hal side... or my envy of all these guys who seem like overcompensating dillweeds, but who seem to always get the hottest chicks...!

oh ok yes something is wrong with me now I know what it is...lol!!!!!!!

Mystie_Dragonfly
Msg: 158
Posted: 12/15/2009 10:03:37 PM

I am posting this because it was said on another message board that if a man is single and over the age of 30 and good looking, there has got to be some character flaw or some reason why he is not taken....

What is everyone elses general view on this? Do you find that there has got to be "something" wrong if someone looks in every other way a good catch, yet still hasn't settled down?

Actually, I am more likely to think there is something wrong with him (or her) if they are divorced before 30 or by early 30's. I am sure there are circumstances that can't be helped... but.... I just find it sad.
 human_male_nzl
Msg: 159
Posted: 12/16/2009 4:40:57 AM
Maybe some men just find that not many women are attracted to them in that sort of way. Or maybe they don't have the opportunity to meet many women. If you're not in a social circle where you can be introduced to new people on a regular basis, or you don't have a job that affords you the opportunity to meet new people, and you're not into clubs are bars what are you supposed to do?

Or maybe he's a bit shy and not all that sociable. Would that constitute having something wrong with them in women's eyes?
 trekker013
Msg: 160
Posted: 12/16/2009 8:42:54 AM
People who are divorced or whose relationship came to an end - something wrong with them?

After all, somebody obviously thought something was wrong with them

People who are married/in a relationship but claim to be on here for forums only - is something wrong with them?

Perhaps the forums only line is a mere ruse to find someone better

I can go on but hopefully I've made my point.

Anyone who points the finger at someone should probably be looking in the mirror instead
 sms1911
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2009 9:47:59 AM
We all have flaws, we all have made mistakes - some just have had different results. Not everyone who is married or has someone or is over 30 is as happy as you think. The trick is to learn to be content with where you are. Probably the biggest contributing root cause of divorce or broken relationships is selfishness. One person thinks they could do better, missed something or deserve better. In some cases this is true (abuse, adultry, etc....) but in a lot of cases it is the same illusion that tricked man into stumbling into sin in the first place.

Just one over 40 man's perspective.

Dave

By the way, some of the most interesting pewople I have met have been over 40 and single. I have also met and dated some really dynamic and intersting folks in their 30s. Age is not a sure fire path to, or the Holy Grail of quality oustide wine and cheese.
 h6777
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2009 10:08:36 AM
ye it means he aint got much money.
 EmotionallyDetached
Msg: 163
Posted: 12/16/2009 11:48:17 AM
Maybe the men that spend their date nights getting drunk with the women that they date and end up screwing in the same night.
 jeffnovi
Msg: 164
Posted: 12/16/2009 7:59:30 PM
I think it goes either way. especially with online dating making it too easy to click the back button and look at the next ad. We ( men & women) have become too selective for our own good. What ever happened to a relationship just developing as you go? Now a days we have a specific idea of what that person better be and a lot of great people that have a slight variance from that get skipped over.
 dbedazzling
Msg: 165
Posted: 12/19/2009 7:06:47 PM
Well im also over 30 n never had kids or been married, this is bc i havent found someone compatible, that i want to spend my entire life with and of course I intend to wait until I find that person...why settle for anything less? So therefore there is nothing wrong with being single over thirty.

Not everyone finds the person their meant to be with, in their twenties, some of us have to wait alot longer but i am sure when it comes, it will be worth the wait.
 jeepwmn
Msg: 166
Posted: 12/19/2009 11:59:43 PM
So, if a person has some first dates, but only two make it past the second date to develop into a short term relationship (less than two months), then there's something wrong with them?
 pres2
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2009 10:51:06 AM
There is not anything wrong with them, they are just more discriminating then younger people. I have lots of opportunities, but can't find anyone that I fit with. Especially in a small podunk town. I am not willing to settle for being in a relationship for the sake of being in a relationship. I would rather spend time with myself than be with someone who is a train wreck. Guess that means I am damaged goods since I am nearing 40 and not in a relationship. Better just drive out in the desert and stick a hose in my tailpipe. Alas, thanks for pointing out that my life is an utter failure. Maybe they will recycle me into something useful like a pudding cup. I am so glad that you opened my eyes to the futility of continuing. Want to get a coffee?
 pres2
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2009 10:57:43 AM

Maybe the men that spend their date nights getting drunk with the women that they date and end up screwing in the same night.

Because that is entirely one-sided and the women play no part whatsoever. They are just present when the guys are screwing or just laying there. Nope, the women have no active participation whatsoever. All guys are gigolos, but no women are sluts. I really try to avoid being rude on here, but that statement above is the most blatantly stupid thing I have ever seen on these forums.
 MiamiDreams
Msg: 169
Posted: 12/20/2009 11:21:25 AM
The title of this thread is PEOPLE over 30 - OP specifically talks about Men - but that's strictly part of her opinion - she titled it with the intent of addressing both genders.

That said -

There's nothing wrong with them - either gender. This is a silly question and assumption. As one poster stated - there is something wrong with the person that cannot be single for more than 2 days. Perhaps those people should be the topic of discussion? Forget it - I must be crazy, right?
 sms1911
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2009 12:26:11 PM
I am with you Pres2 "I would rather spend time with myself than be with someone who is a train wreck" Worked to dang hard to get where I am in life to mess that up (again) - not settling this go round.
 ziggy475
Msg: 171
Posted: 12/20/2009 12:42:07 PM
You can't put all people in the same category. I was happily married and would have stayed that way if she hadn't passed away. I look on here and how many have been divorced, some 2, 3 or even 4 times. To me they are the ones with the character flaws. I'm sure your statement is tru for some.
 sms1911
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2009 1:34:20 PM
I have news for ya - everyone has character flaws.... just because someone has been single for 30 years, divorced multiple times or widowed doesn't make them any better or worse of a catch.

Dave
 BayChaser
Msg: 173
Posted: 12/20/2009 7:52:01 PM
Soooo wrong and wrong again.. I know people from all over the place, US and also in Italy that are good looking over 30 and still single why.. Cause the usually end up meeting some damn drama queen and they simply like to stay single or they are more picky then before, Its not like they are 20 and got a lot of time in their hands.. And to this day i spend time with them and their are still single.. i think something is wrong with the women these days.. Now replay back and tell me that i am wrong..

I just head to replay to this 1

BayChaser
Msg: 174
Posted: 12/20/2009 7:55:59 PM
Nice post trekker.. i like the last part
 valenciacityx
Msg: 175
Posted: 12/21/2009 11:16:00 AM
yes, we are bitter, jaded, wary, and suspiscious.... so the cr@p you pulled on us when we were 20 wont work now. Youre welcome, you earned it ;)
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > People over 30 that are not taken - something wrong with them?