Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > People over 30 that are not taken - something wrong with them?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 thistime05
Msg: 201
view profile
History
People over 30 that are not taken - something wrong with them?Page 9 of 37    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37)
I never really believe it fully when a person over 30 who is on a dating site proclaims that they enjoy being single. The whole "oh im waiting for the right one" is nonsense too. It's more likely you've made a few mistakes in relationships OR you are a commitment phobe. Pride will get you no where in this situation.

Lets face it - Most of you wish you were married at this point, too much denial here. If you are 30 and you haven't found the one yet, keep this in mind. Attraction fades as you get older, if you are a women your getting closer to menapause. You want kids you better put dating more as a priority.

Now in your defense being 30 is alot different then being 30 in 1950, but in 1950 you didn't have as much help as you do now with dating sites and all this technology (which can also be a negative).

So the answer is No there isn't anything WRONG with them, but ask your parents if they wish too see grandkids or see their kids get married before they hit 80. Time is ticking a little louder thats all. Better to face the truth then deny it.
 cion3
Msg: 202
People over 30 that are not taken - something wrong with them?
Posted: 1/1/2010 11:02:04 AM
Like your honesty. Been married all my life (except five years in between marriage) and enjoyed it. If i'll marry again, it would be for the right reason(s). Why settle for anything less? Go for what you wanted in life whether it is material things (like the honesty) or the woman of your dream. I believe someone out there is a match for somebody. Keep on fishing until you find the right person. In doing, you might get hurt along the way. Heck, what do we have to lose if we did not try. Good luck to all.

Cion3
 wolfjade
Msg: 203
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2010 9:37:14 AM
I have a question for the ladies wether they are 21 up.

If you met a man for the first time for a dinner and he wanted dutch treat,

Would that be one strike against him?
 wolfjade
Msg: 204
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2010 9:49:06 AM
To Cion3

Now that was well put, and very honest.

The man you find will be fortunate indeed.
 d6racer
Msg: 205
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2010 12:51:51 PM
<--- Over 30, never married, and no children.

Do I have any character flaws?

Sure, everyone does.

However, I don't think that means anything is wrong with me, other then just picking the wrong the women or maybe not opening my eyes when the right one is in front of me.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 206
Posted: 1/5/2010 9:28:41 AM
Yes there is something wrong with us, didnt you get the memo? Our ideas of travel wanderlust and freedom are contagous. If mainstream public ever found out what fun we were having.... well nobody would get married and shackled with suburban life.

There must be something wrong with me, when ever my friends got married, the new wives never wanted me around after I refused to be 'fixed up' apparently I was a bad influence. Of course they are all divorced now, funny that now I hear, "Man what was I thinking? Why didnt I stay single?"
 Primemover34
Msg: 207
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2010 8:22:36 PM
^^ Spot on!

I've never been married and have no children. So I basically do whatever in the hell I want, whenever the hell I feel like doing it. It's horrible *sniffle

On a more serious note. I learn from others mistakes and it has made me extremely picky.

Do I see marriage in my future? Sure, if she meets my high standards. Though I don;t think there IS such a woman. DO I care if I stay single for the rest of my life? Nope.

I think what might separate me from people who are/have been married is that I don't NEED a woman to make my life whole. They're nice to talk to, be friends with, and of course, sex but I don't feel it's necessary to alter my life so I can conform to what society deems as "normal". < usually consists of marriage, kids, divorce, alimony, messy custody battles, and other lifelong torments I see my friends go through. I've heard the "why didn't I stay single like you" over and over , ad nauseum from my friends, men and women alike. All I do is give a knowing smile and buy the next round so they can drown their sorrows.
 tellmestr8
Msg: 208
Posted: 1/5/2010 9:31:44 PM
Well, if we're honest... there's something wrong with every one of us. It's this relentless search for perfection in a human being that dooms us all for failure. Some relationships end. That's the brutal fact of life. I'm a divorced man. Divorced, I hate that word... it's too post-mortem. I prefer to think of myself as "previously loved"... kind of like a good used car...lol. I've been blessed with the women I've known in my life. The fact that I find myself alone at this stage of my life wasn't in the game plan, but it's where I am. I'm alone because I know how great it is to love someone with your entire being and I refuse to settle for anything less. To borrow a quote... "I'd rather have five minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special."

I'll wait.
 RonnieB77
Msg: 209
Posted: 1/5/2010 9:50:13 PM
I thought the same thing in high-school.

I just bought a house, you wouldn't believe how many houses I had to look at, even after screening them on websites, and this is a buyer's market. And we expect it to be easy to find a person that is compatible?
 M5Dave
Msg: 210
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2010 12:02:45 AM
I can't speak for other people, but I agree that you should really get to know somebody before you make that kind of judgement. Also has anybody here also considered the geography of being 30 and over and still single? I'm just sayin cause I've lived all over the United States and I think certain geographic regions around the United States and even the world play a huge role in how young people get married.

A great example is my own personal situation. I live in San Diego, CA. One of the USA's leading spots for attractive young people, yet all I want to do is be in a monogamous relationship, and I can't find one. It hasn't been about me rejecting women but it's been about women rejecting me. I don't know what more a guy has to do to get a girlfriend in this town, but here's my stats:

Salary: 6 figures
Car: BMW M5
Friends: Plenty
Living situation: 21st floor high rise apartment building overlooking San Diego Mountains and Ocean. Last estimated at 700K.
Personality: All my friends think I'm a nice guy. Nice enough to have a girlfriend anyways.
Life Experience: Travelled to over 35 countries. Good family background.

All this and I've dated over 25 women in 2009 in San Diego who all either flaked out on me or told me they weren't interested after a few dates. All of them! I didn't reject a single one.

So like I said I think it's about geography. I think if I had all that I have here in San Diego and I lived in lets say St. Louis or Hartford, Connecticut, then I might have been married a long time ago. Some food for thought.

Cheers!
 kathie79
Msg: 211
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2010 6:35:34 AM
I turned 30 in august and I admit did start to panic..but then I realised Im happy as I am and am not going to rush into marriage because Id probably be unhappy in the long run,sure Id like kids but it not that important to me if I dont have them I have neices and nephew so it doesnt bother me that much. As for men over 30 being single I would imagine they feel the same as myself, If it happens it happens if not then its no big deal.
 beaconstar
Msg: 212
Posted: 1/6/2010 9:20:03 PM
I'm over 30 and recently single. How is there something wrong with me? Should my ex and I have stayed together miserable in order to not have "anything wrong" with us? I think this is a silly topic lol. I think if the question were better you would get a better answer.

I think women who are ultra picky and keep searching for the perfect man and find themselves single in their 30's are funny and ironic and make me giggle. 90% of the "hot girls" from my high school who I see on facebook are married to men who they would have NEVER dated in high school lol. Keep passing on the good ones thinking you're gonna get a perfect one and you'll be stuck with the leftovers.

I think there could be something wrong with a person who has never been in a committed relationship and is now over the age of 30, yes.

Having a serious relationship end in your 30's and becoming single, no.
 wolfjade
Msg: 213
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2010 1:39:05 PM
M5Dave.

I think it's kinda like I said in a previous post in today's society the bar is often times set to high in the dating game or relationship game.
 baron1914
Msg: 214
Posted: 1/21/2010 12:46:31 PM
< 32 still single , never married with plenty of flaws but hey at least i did not have to be put through hell in one of those things called DIVORCE. I have known quite a few friends that were destroyed by the big D. Personally i find commitment to one woman as being kind of un-realistic to say the least. It is like being in a sporting goods store and looking at rifles or reels there are too many good choices to simply pick only one.

But i do not have to have a woman to live and i am glad that i can do whatever i want without being neutered like many males are. ( What i mean is being put in a subservient position of sorts and ordered around like a dog on a leash)

Life is too short!! There are too many deer to be hunted, too many baseball games to be watched, too many races to see and too many bass to catch.
 intune64
Msg: 215
Posted: 1/21/2010 7:27:13 PM
My opinion is that...okay speaking for myself anyhow,I think that its not that something is wrong with the individual,but that maybe we have become wiser,and want to make it count more as when I was in my 20's and early 30's,I was just enjoying myself,having a good time,and it didnt really seem to matter the quality or should say wasnt worried what the future held because I was just having a good time,and trying to figure out who I was as a person,etc....

Now after being married,and now divorced,and having kids Im more grounded and really care about all of the qualities of the women I meet.I want them to like my kids,and looking more for a life long partner,as opposed to just having fun.I think most people say dating,but deep down inside they are hoping for a longer commitment.

hope that mad a little sense.
 marmaladey
Msg: 216
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2010 5:15:15 AM
I don't think there's anything wrong - and that's the whole point! We are creating this box and then berating ourselves because we don't feel we fit in it. And we don't fit because it's generated from our own insecurities, media or a lack of revision of old ways of thinking.
Personally, I've had a wonderfully happy life, and if I'd settled earlier for the wrong guy, I know that I wouldn't have been able to have that. And it's not all about meeting guys - or girls! If we judge ourselves by that yardstick, then we deserve everything we get - we make the hurdle, then knock ourselves for not being over it. Guys get this raw deal, that over 30 is peter pan, and women are crucified under the clock ticking banner and it's all about saying "vacancy now filled" but really, all you can ask for is that you are happy. Whether that means that you share your bed with someone on the way or not is irrelevant. I've been in long term relationships all my life and to be honest, I've shared most of the happiest times of my life with people other than my partner at the time.
I think the world is a giant network of people, and how we interconnect with someone is not always the most important thing, but what we exchange is - a workmate, a randomer on the tube, a cute man at the bar, a girls night in...all these things rate whether or not you are sleeping with that person. I joined pof because I see it as another way to connect with that wonderful tide of humanity out there, and once again, damn lucky that I have the freedom to do it, and that others out there feel the same!!
Peace out people, you are gorgeous and fantastic - hope you enjoy your day xx
 Euroalex
Msg: 217
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2010 5:19:09 AM
exactly.
chances are you would have been a divorced woman by now, with children maybe etc.
single and looking is better in my opinion.

Personally, I've had a wonderfully happy life, and if I'd settled earlier for the wrong guy, I know that I wouldn't have been able to have that.
 NiceBlkGuyOhio
Msg: 218
Posted: 1/22/2010 7:20:27 AM
Well I do think something is wrong because i'm over 30 with no kids or relationship.For some reason it eludes me but got to keep faith
 brunetti27
Msg: 219
Posted: 1/22/2010 8:02:47 AM
To each there own right.
All my single girls and I are in the market for someone 30ish! 30 is a man, 23 is a boy. That being said some 23 year olds are very mature and respectful however My ex was my age and is ridiculous. I guess it just depends on the person :). I believe people stay single until they find there soulmates.

Its funny how poeple think a 30 year old man has to have some flaw however a 30+ year old women is a cougar or milf?
 FishNet10
Msg: 220
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2010 6:26:30 PM
there might be just one thing "wrong"... like good guys finish last, great ladies finish single
 Strings6
Msg: 221
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2010 3:47:09 AM
Alot of the time people over 30,40 or any age have been taken one time too many and are no longer willing to take the risk of being taken again.
 alpha75
Msg: 222
Posted: 1/23/2010 6:58:26 PM
He is single b/c he realizes that he has options and he is not settling for less. He knows what he wants and needs. He may have other things that he's accomplishing in his life t the time and refuses to let crazy women get in his way of accomplishments and goals!!
 christophers01
Msg: 223
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2010 7:42:02 AM
There is something wrong with EVERYONE LOL some bad luck { i know this lol} some bad people but people are people , if you meet a nice guy , you have to except there flaws as they do yours . no one is perfect . good looking or not . best thing to wish for is honesty .
 bittersweet35
Msg: 224
Posted: 1/24/2010 3:35:54 PM
I doubt it. I mean, I'm 36 and I guess I'm just meticulous...you know, you just don't want to settle for just anyone. At least, I don't anyway.
 wolfjade
Msg: 225
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2010 10:12:22 AM
And what of the nonconformist?
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > People over 30 that are not taken - something wrong with them?