Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Prison dating      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 terry480
Msg: 151
Prison datingPage 7 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Yes Bunomatic! It would say alot about a girls character. It would say that they are NOT shallow and that EVERYONE deserves a break. Yes there are some hard criminals in prison and there are some like my son who are there because the girls daddy was good friends of the judge. My son left the state to start a new life and this GIRL violated the court order (to stay away from each other) and flew to vegas and begged him to come back. He did. Got caught and was sentenced to 8 years, followed by 10 years probation. She never got a thing for violating the court order. And for those who don't think a man has a chance when they get out, you are soooo wrong! Many get their law degrees...what about Judge Brown? My son was a stock broker when he went in and still has a great future when he gets out. Shallow people who think they are better than someone who has made a mistake REEEEEALY PISS ME OFF!!
 carinacarina
Msg: 152
Prison dating
Posted: 5/16/2006 2:31:29 AM
Thanks for that positive post Terry and good luck to your son. !
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 153
Prison dating
Posted: 5/16/2006 6:23:14 AM
I did not mean to insinuate that ALL prisons or ALL prisoners have internet access....but a lot of them do. I believe it has to do with what state/country they are in, the security level of the facility, their personal priviledges, etc.. I have a friend who's brother is getting his degree online while he is in serving a life sentence.

I did a search using the term "prison penpals" and got pages of results...though a lot of them seemed to be press seeking certain types of crimes for their research...there WAS a lot of "prisoners seeking love" sites.

I am not for or against either on this topic...I conversed with my friends brother about 15 years ago...got on his visiting list...accepted a way too many collect calls....and really was falling hard for him. Not ALL...but a lot of prisoners (especially those serving lengthy sentences) tend to be the biggest charmers...but of course! What else do they have to do but live in a fantasy world and imagine a perfect life? If you think you miss people when you are away on a trip or from a break up...you can not imagine the missing you have when you are behind bars!

I say if it is working for YOU...then so be it...the best of luck.
 carinacarina
Msg: 154
Prison dating
Posted: 5/16/2006 7:43:31 AM
Thank you HarleyKat...your thread meant a lot.

Carina
 Bull Rhino
Msg: 155
Prison dating
Posted: 5/16/2006 8:05:07 AM
Exactly! Live in a fantasy world and imagine a perfect life!

That's what I like to do. I prefer also living in the real world and working towards the goals inspired by the fantasies, but if I can only have one side of it, I'll take the dreaming.
 carinacarina
Msg: 156
Prison dating
Posted: 5/16/2006 8:22:09 AM
Thats precisely what i am doing Bull...working towards my ultimate goal. Who knows that the future holds but the reality and here and now is that i am willing to go with it...take the risk and ignore the critics (although i do take on board their opinions but at the end of the day thats all it is...an opinion)...as everyones story is different. Thank you for your comment and i really hope you find what you search...either on the net...or in the real world.
 robert_paulson
Msg: 157
Prison dating
Posted: 5/16/2006 11:04:28 AM
Question for the women currently dating convicts.

Has your convict boyfrend shared his paperwork with you, especially the parts about his complete criminal history, psych profile and stuff like that?

If he has not, you should ask.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Prison dating
Posted: 5/16/2006 11:26:33 AM
^^^^^The boyfriend doesn't need to "share" his paperwork with her, it's public record. If she wants to see it, all she has to do is pull it up on the web or visit her local courthouse.

And yes, there are times when life takes turns we do not expect. I work in the legal community (have for over 18 years) and like it or not, not all criminals are in jail, nor are all in jail criminals. No one needs to bash me for that statement, I know I know....all government figures (police officers, etc.) are honest, do their job, etc., etc. (yeah right!!) The simple fact is, sometimes you may love someone who makes bad choices for him/herself. That is life. And yes, there is someone in my life who is incarcerated. He is probably the most honest person I've ever known, that is why he's incarcerated ~ he admitted his mistake. Now, he's paying for it. He lost me, his freedom and a portion of himself. I stay in contact with him, out of respect. He taught me the true meaning of love. For you doubters out there ~~~ be very careful what you say. Things happen in life that you would never anticipate. Unless you've been in my shoes or anyone else's shoes in this position you can not say with certainty what you would or would not do. I learned that lesson the hardest way imaginable. I was once very judgmental, like many here ~~ not now. ~ Without knowing him, I wouldn't know love ~ how lucky I am that he entered my life.
 carinacarina
Msg: 159
Prison dating
Posted: 5/16/2006 11:27:48 AM
Yes Robert,
I have a full dossier and also have details of his visitors list which he can only change every 6 months and his weekly/monthly list of shopping, ie; stamps etc...

Thanks for the thread x
 Mystical Union
Msg: 160
Prison dating
Posted: 5/16/2006 11:31:52 AM
No I wouldn't date a man that was in prison, he's there for a reason. Short of money? Well welfare or on the streets is better than risking your future!
What about the person or place he robbed wheres there justice?
 carinacarina
Msg: 161
Prison dating
Posted: 5/16/2006 11:35:21 AM
Thank you so much greeneyez...i love positive responses...it gives me faith in human kindness and also forgiveness. I share these posts with him now...i feel stronger because of people like you. Many thanks !!

Carina x
 carinacarina
Msg: 162
Prison dating
Posted: 5/16/2006 11:37:36 AM
Mystical...not everyone is in prison for robbery. Anyone can make a mistake...even you.
 shellinmo
Msg: 163
Prison dating
Posted: 5/16/2006 11:40:58 AM
I couldn't agree more greeneyez!! I feel the same about my friend....I'm happy he's part of my life...and like you said about your friend..my friend has always been very honest with me and is one of the most loving people I've ever met!
God Bless you and God Bless you Carina!!!
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Prison dating
Posted: 5/16/2006 11:46:40 AM
^^^Should either of you need to vent from time to time, feel free to email me. There are definitely times when one needs to talk to someone who isn't going to point out all of the hateful/negative aspects of our choices!! I have some great online support links, for those of us ~~ out here ~~ so to speak! Good luck to you both.
 The Black Knight
Msg: 165
Prison dating
Posted: 5/16/2006 11:54:38 AM
I will speak from the many things I see from working in a prison for several years from an officer, to a counselor to a manager. Yes there are those who made mistakes in life and are truly reformed. But there are many who are not and prey on outsiders through whatever con game they can use....they are very good at it. The biggest aim is either for money or contraband. And contraband may be things you would never suspect as wrong to give them. Bottom line is you can't give them anything other than what is in the vending machine because it is against the rules. The next big reason is because they need to establish a residence for Parole. As long as they are on parole they will play the love game. The best homework you can do is find out if their story matches up with public record. Many things are available through the court house. Second is getting a Rap Sheet to see just how busy they were before getting locked up. A recidivist offender is a sure red flag. Also drug offenders can be real nice inmates. As long as the drugs aren't in their system. I think also they truly want to change but most lose sight once out and their games start.

Bottom line is I am not saying to throw them to the curb. They are human and we all make mistakes. just do your homework and know it is ok to make a mistake but not to repeat over and over that same mistake.
 Ont_jackal
Msg: 166
Prison dating
Posted: 5/16/2006 12:03:08 PM
Carina, you asked me a while back in the thread, what is a career criminal, a career criminal is one that has been involved with crime for most of their lives, what we call a menace to society

I respect what greeneyez and a few has said , the difference here being these ladies knew the person before they became a guest of the govt, everyone makes mistakes and these ladies have proven they know the real value of friends, so my hats off to you.

What im talking about is women or men who purposely look to date these career criminals for instance this is extreme but would you correspond with Charles Manson, Ted Bundy, Paul Bernardo(those who live in Canada knows what im talking about) or some other nefarious person? or men in prison more multiple homicides or serial killers.

Most people i suspect lump all criminals whether fair or not into the same shoe, theyre main politicians that are more corrupt than men in organized crimek, the only difference is most do what what they do with impunity.
 carinacarina
Msg: 167
Prison dating
Posted: 5/16/2006 12:25:16 PM
Hi Ont Jackal...nice to meet you.
I can only comment on myself and my views which is of course what you have asked...i could never correspond with murderers and child molesters...infact if they bring back the death penalty in my country i will be the first name on the list to 'press the button'...i have a family and these people should not be allowed to breath the same air as me or mine.

So no...i would never, could never contemplate it and i don't profess to understand women who would write guys like that...

And i know of Paul Bernardo.

Have a sweet day.
Carina.
 Pointofview4u
Msg: 168
Prison dating
Posted: 5/16/2006 3:02:04 PM
First off I want everyone that reads this to know that I am not passing judgment on this jessika2980. I have no hate, or ill will towards her or her or her parents profession and I wish her nothing and her family nothing but the best now and in the future. But I just want to share a different point of view on things about her and her family being apart of the legal system. I read through everything written on this forum about "Prison Dating" And out of everyone who spoke on this matter this user jessika2980 was totally hilarious in the way she presents herself and with her thinking. BTW she would NOT make a very good lawyer. Most of the time she was just making comments that you don’t even have to be a licensed legal professional to even know yourself what she is talking about is against the law. BLAH BLAH BLAH… Have you noticed how she talks about what is morally and or legally right and wrong and what she would not do because its not morally or legally right, but wrong? like all that "talk" in someway makes her a better person or that she even for an instant even believes and or lives the life in which she speaks about. Almost every time she spoke on this forum she speaks in a way that because she has parents that worked and even retired from our legal system and that she too has worked in our legal system that in some way that makes her and or her parents better people than others. That is totally false. MOST of the time dealing with the kinds of people that are corrupt in the legal system that is one of the FIRST signs to watch out for as a professional to spot them for who they truly are as corrupt and completely unjust and or plain and simple no good. Let me tell you the other side of the REAL truth and learn something Jessika backing it with FACT because that 2980 could be just your own prison number that you and or one of your parents deserve yourself ... Some of the worst people you will ever find in the entire world that have gotten away scott free over and over endlessly with corruption, drug dealing and use, assault, mental and physical abuse, rape, murder and so on are people IN our justice system even NOW and or that have retired. That includes possibly you and or your own parents jessika. I have seen even those working in our justice system currently, and or retired if not cover up crimes of there own help a friend and or family member cover up a major crime they would have went to prison over MANY times. And let me tell you don’t think the US government WILL NOT KILL YOU if they think you’re a threat to blow the whistle on someone doing things illegally but its suppose to be TOP SECRET off the record that’s only for the better of America and the American people. I would rather you save your BS on how just because you work and or have worked in our justice system that you are in someway BETTER or completely innocent cause I can assure you with FACT that your far from innocent and or perfect little lady. That includes you and or your parents. Being in the profession I am in I have seen this shit FIRST HAND PERSONALLY over and over with all types and kinds of local, state, and national law enforcement officials and agencies and government officials and agencies and its sad that there are even actual contracts that keep those that work in the legal system on local and state and national levels from ever being convicted of breaking the law themselves even for MAJOR crimes such as MURDER. Another fact is even if you can't cover a crime up, if you know the right people and or can afford a good lawyer its already been proven over and over that even if your caught RED HANDED for the crime you can pay your way out of trouble rape murder ect ect.... So please little girl save your statements for your parents to make them happy. After all I bet they even helped you get a conviction for that dude you say raped you. And maybe he did and if so then he got what he deserved… But then again if say he didn’t really rape you, it still made it allot easier for that person to be convicted with your parents and you already apart of the legal system didn’t it? Even if he was completely innocent, but you just wanted to **** up that mans life up because you were pissed off maybe because he just left you and wanted nothing to do with you and or he just cheated on you and that made you so angry you decided to claim rape and say to yourself that he will pay. Maybe you were virgin and it would have killed mommy and daddy that you had sex out of wedlock so claiming rape would have covered your ass in that situation as well and or heres another maybe just maybe you were and or are a married woman that was out cheating around on your husband behind his back there was a chance you were gonna get caught and or did get caught and in order to make sure it was covered up and make you look completely innocent you claimed this man you were willingly having sex with raped you. After all you will always me mommy and daddy’s little girl that can do no wrong. Even if something happened to where you went out and killed someone yourself in cold blood over something, I bet even if your parents knew right up front that you DID it that you was guilty they would STILL try to prove your innocence as much as they could because your there little girl. They would probably work there asses off day and night if not to get you off scott free, or lesson the charges so you would not do any prison or county jail time or just so you could spend sometime in a mental hospital and be out and that’s only IF they couldn’t in some way get the crime you committed completely covered up first. Gos back to what I have always said that is also FACT. Just because America has the greatest working system to date in the world, doesn’t mean that it is NOT a system with major flaws. That will never change because the people who are in control of our legal system no matter on what level the contribute there service they are not flawless people.

Including jessika and her parents.
 carinacarina
Msg: 169
Prison dating
Posted: 5/16/2006 3:14:28 PM
wow....well i will keep it simple here...
Thanks Greeneyez....i am gonna mail you hon xx
Thats two nice friends i made out of this thread...what could be better ??
 carinacarina
Msg: 170
Prison dating
Posted: 5/16/2006 3:16:22 PM
Black Knight - The next big reason is because they need to establish a residence for Parole.

Not in my case hon....i live over the pond...its a long way to report. :) and he has never even asked for as much as a stamp....
 underboss69
Msg: 171
Prison dating
Posted: 5/18/2006 8:58:37 PM
still wouldnt date some loser sitting in the pen
 sayonara7
Msg: 172
Prison dating
Posted: 5/18/2006 9:19:36 PM
"only bad if they killed someone"

I strongly disagree.In my opinion, a rape is a greater crime than murder.When you kill a person, atleast the person dies and is free.But when you rape a woman, she loses everything and has to live with that horrible act committed against her for the rest of her life.I am not a forgiving-forgetting type of a person.However, if I had to forgive either a murderer or a rapist, I'd forgive the murderer.Because when you rape a woman, you kill her everyday and that is the greatest crime in my opinion.
 carinacarina
Msg: 173
Prison dating
Posted: 5/19/2006 5:01:36 AM
I quite agree with your post Sayonara...i doubt i could forgive either person. Rapists and sex offenders are totally undescribeable, some murderers too.

Life is so precious so i would have to know the circumstances before i could forgive a murderer.

I certainly couldn't correspond with them unless - god forbid - they were family.

Carina
 name of feather
Msg: 174
Prison dating
Posted: 5/19/2006 5:35:34 AM
Can anyone recommend a prison pen pal site?
 name of feather
Msg: 175
Prison dating
Posted: 5/19/2006 8:30:56 AM
The way I see it, some people, in the course of simply being human, will run into the law and lose. like people who are addicted to drugs, then go straight, they are OK. Or if someone was down and out and stole something, didn't know any better, and then they got their act together, they did their time and they're OK. I think most people in prison had drugs, mental problems, bad role models, or weren't all that bright to begin with. I think they keep statistics so if you want to know how many people do well upon release it's there in black and white. Maybe most people go back, I don't know. But some straighten up and get along fine once they get out.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Prison dating