Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Would you have voted for OBAMA if .......      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Would you have voted for OBAMA if .......Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

I am a Canuck. But my main reason for backing Obama was his Afghan policy.

Can you please explain Obama's Afghan policy which you support/agree wih?

This is something he said he would do even before the election. I fully support him in this, and think it is about time.

What is it exactly you "support"? What is "it" which is "about time"?

~ds~
 andy510
Msg: 52
Would you have voted for OBAMA if .......
Posted: 1/22/2010 12:38:25 PM
I think people would have voted for any democrat candidate to be president and NOT for the Republican McCain for the following :
1 : The economy was in a mess and of course it happened when the Republicans were the bosses.
2 : G.W. Bush made a circus of the Republicans and the Americans with his wars, lies, stupidity and he was well known by the name " MORON " around the globe .

Having said that, I preferred Congressman Denis Kucinich from the state of OHIO to be president instead of the other candidates .
 wisguyingb
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2011 4:50:59 AM
Would you have voted for OBAMA if .......you knew he was just gonna bomb Nations (Libya) that have done us no harm?

"May I suggest a 50 mile evacuation zone around Obama's Nobel Peace Prize"
Michael Moore

I think we can all agree that Gaddafi is a aweful leader, a nut case and needs to go. However, I recall Obama saying he was gonna sit down and "talk" with the leaders of distrusted nations....?

So did he ever sit down and talk to anyone over there in Libya? Or can we chalk this up as another busted promise?

I wonder how long this little adventure will really last?....and cost?....
 4rumninja
Msg: 54
Posted: 3/22/2011 8:05:27 AM
Hope and Change? Two wars still ongoing, one new one started. Economy still in the dumps, unemployment real number close to 10%+....GDP numbers inaccurate, Gitmo still active, Health Care Reform rammed down peoples throat stalling, World image of US worse than when Bush was President, in a different way, now we are seen as week indecisive and beholden to the whims of the UN....I think that many who voted for Obama are having a difficult time making excuses for his ineptness..they would probably like a do over..Nobel Peace What?......Not to mention his energy Policy, gas prices skyrocketing...
 frankster_p
Msg: 55
Posted: 3/22/2011 8:29:11 AM
You bomb an oil producing nation then dont expect oil prices no to rise?
Its always like that.
Thanks for that, is America going to take all the illegals from Africa coming into Europe now? way to screw over your Allies.
Better if gaddafi stays in power.
World image is better now, couldnt get much worse before.
 .dej
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2011 8:33:10 AM

....... if you thought he was going to add more boots on the ground in Afghanistan before pulling out.

Of course we knew he was immediately going to add more boots ... just move them out of Iraq and send them into Afghanistan.

But I am very opposed to the US adding still more troops to the Afghanistan front.

Do you think so many people would have voted for OBAMA if they knew he was not going to get us out of Afghanistan ASAP?

We did know that. He said he would do that. It was the platform he ran on.

How could you not have known that?
 SaharaM
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2011 8:37:57 AM

....... if you thought he was going to add more boots on the ground in Afghanistan before pulling out.

Of course we knew he was immediately going to add more boots ... just move them out of Iraq and send them into Afghanistan.

But I am very opposed to the US adding still more troops to the Afghanistan front.

Do you think so many people would have voted for OBAMA if they knew he was not going to get us out of Afghanistan ASAP?

Yes; I voted for him knowing that he did not have any intention of getting out of Afghanistan immediately. How come you didn't know this at the time?
 .dej
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2011 9:51:45 AM
I actually am starting to believe the only thing a lot of people knew about Obama was "hope and change".
 hard starboard
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2011 6:29:38 PM
I didn’t vote for Obama because I heard him say he would divert troops in Iraq to Afghanistan, the ‘Just War’, and bring Osama bin Laden to justice. IMO, anyone who thinks Osama bin Laden is still alive is either a liar or a crackpot.

Would you have voted for OBAMA if .......you knew he was just gonna bomb Nations (Libya) that have done us no harm?

That’s a very good question! I'm so glad you brought it up. I can’t wait to read the responses from the stalwart supporters who actually did vote for him.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2011 6:56:30 PM
Ya'll forget so readily that the option was an aging songbird, warhawk, with a seconds away, fundie, apocalyptic, reconstructionist, dominionist, end times crazy witchdoctor loving, loonie that would have had us into a nuclear holocaust by now. Given the choices at the time, we still did not do THAT bad don'tchaknow.

It's not like we get good choices anymore or ever have. Always vote against the less evil. It's America afterall. Disney costs more and Fox is less filling.
 cotter
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2011 7:35:29 PM
Msg. 57 ...

Yes; I voted for him knowing that he did not have any intention of getting out of Afghanistan immediately. How come you didn't know this at the time?

Hmmm ...where (in this thread) did I write that I did not know it at the time?
Wow!!! Some people will write just about anything to try to make a person look bad ... eh? It's actually kind of fun to sit back and watch and wait for certain people to do it.

Msg. 56 ...
How could you not have known that?
And where exactly did I write that I did not know that?
I merely asked a very general question. I didn't realize that was against the forum rules.

Oh well ... good to see that someone gave my old thread new life ... Based on the new participation here, I guess the same "general" question could still be asked today!!!

When one takes into consideration all other candidates it occurs no matter, he was and till is the only person it makes sense to support.

Earthpuppy
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2011 7:47:12 PM
There is far more buyer's remorse going on for the Teapublican deconstructionism, anti-constitutional garage sale going on now in Teapublican states. Kinda like the old Newt, contract on americans crowd with a vengeance. These folks make McCarthy and the Puritan witchhunters look honorable.
 trinity818
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2011 5:55:18 AM

I guess I just don't see a problem with Iran being armed. I think they have a right to have nuclear weapons. I don't think anyone has the right to dictate to Iran when it comes to that.

I'm beyond shocked and amazed that anyone could support Iran having nukes. Even the Arabs don't want that.
 SaharaM
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2011 6:29:02 AM
"Even the Arabs?"

Just to be clear (since this term is used so loosely these days) who are you referring to?
 trinity818
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2011 6:45:29 AM
It was my impression that Iran's neighbors don't want them to have nukes either. So I'm referring to the Middle Eastern countries around Iran. I have to show my ignorance on your point...who else would be considered Arab?

.dej
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2011 3:05:55 PM

It was certainly implied that "we" didn't know he was going to add troops to the Afghan front in your original post. Interesting attempt at a backpedal, though.

Just to be clear (since this term is used so loosely these days) who are you referring to?

I would guess the Arab countries, which would be the Sauds, Bahrain, Oman, Yemen, Afghanistan, Iraq, Jordan, Egypt, UAE, Qatar, and Kuwait. Probably a number of others that off the top of my head I'm forgetting.
 cotter
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2011 7:23:55 PM

I guess I just don't see a problem with Iran being armed. I think they have a right to have nuclear weapons. I don't think anyone has the right to dictate to Iran when it comes to that.

I'm beyond shocked and amazed that anyone could support Iran having nukes. Even the Arabs don't want that.
Well, if we don't mind other countries having nukes, what's the problem with Iran having nukes?

Every country has a right to protect itself ... Yes? No?

No one has a problem with the US being allowed to have nukes for protection ... right? Or do we have "nukes" for some other reason? What about the other countries that have nukes ... for protection (of course)?

It seems as if most are screaming about it being somehow "illegal" for Iran to have nukes of their own.

If people don't have a problem with Israel having "illegal" nukes, why should they have a problem with any other country having (supposed) "illegal" nukes? Where's the consistency in that?

Israel spies on us, they bomb our warships, they torture our citizens ... so why are we so protective of them? Why do we support their killing of the Palestinians, the stealing of the Palestinian land? Anyone have a real answer for that (and not just parrothead talk)?

It was certainly implied that "we" didn't know he was going to add troops to the Afghan front in your original post.
Oh that's rich. Now we have to defend a post when posters accuse us of something "implied" ... LMAO.

Like I said in post 61 ...
Wow!!! Some people will write just about anything to try to make a person look bad ... eh? It's actually kind of fun to sit back and watch and wait for certain people to do it.
 .dej
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2011 8:24:24 PM

But...

We're not stupid, and you're not as clever as you think. We all know what this means.
 cotter
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2011 8:51:33 PM
^^^^^^^
Please try to get a grip already!

It means nothing more than what I wrote. It was a general question ... NOTHING MORE.

Again ... Like I said in post 61 ...
Wow!!! Some people will write just about anything to try to make a person look bad ... eh?

Repeat of post #1 ...

4rumninja
Msg: 70
Posted: 3/24/2011 5:22:24 AM

If people don't have a problem with Israel having "illegal" nukes, why should they have a problem with any other country having (supposed) "illegal" nukes? Where's the consistency in that?
Not really sure about the "Illegal" part..but Israel is our ally and there is no fear of them using Nukes against us. How long do you think Israel would be able to stand if they didn't have nukes?

Israel did not sign the NPT.
 trinity818
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2011 5:32:44 AM

It seems as if most are screaming about it being somehow "illegal" for Iran to have nukes of their own.

The legality is not really the issue. The issue is Ahmadinecrazymfckrjad. I don't know how you can listen to his rhetoric and still support the idea of them having nukes. They are just crazy enough to crap in their own backyard.
 SaharaM
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2011 8:16:24 AM
His name is Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

Realizing that we are not in charge of the world (and deciding not to act as though we are) is very different from "supporting" Iran having nuclear weapons.
 .dej
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2011 8:39:54 AM
I would very much not like to see Iran get nuclear weapons. I think that would be incredibly dangerous for the region, and the world, actually as a whole.

However, I'm not really sure what I'd be willing to sacrifice as a country in order to prevent it. We most certainly cannot afford another war in the middle east.
 trinity818
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2011 2:42:57 PM

His name is Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

Yes. I know his name. Are you concerned that I'm not showing him proper respect???
Puleeeze. He would probably kill me in an instant if he could.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2011 5:52:13 PM
Twisting it back at the OP, would you have voted again for Palin/McCain, knowing now how batsh*t crazy and ignorant she is? Just curious. Most former swallowers of hers seem to be backing away and distancing themselves. We would be in a NuCular Holocaust by now if she had offed McCain out of grief and the need to get away from that voice by any means possible. Just sayin...as they sayin.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Would you have voted for OBAMA if .......