Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Would you have voted for OBAMA if .......      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 frankster_p
Msg: 76
Would you have voted for OBAMA if .......Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Israel is more like your puppet master than allie.
They have done bad things to the us and its other allies in the past.
Spying, bombing warships.
Plus they are close to Europe. Can they be trusted?
 cotter
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Would you have voted for OBAMA if .......
Posted: 3/24/2011 7:49:18 PM

... would you have voted again for Palin/McCain, knowing now how batsh*t crazy and ignorant she is? Just curious.
Good point.

Most former swallowers of hers seem to be backing away and distancing themselves.
Yet ........ pathetic as it is, she still has her swallowers.

Sort of looks like former US Ambassador, John Bolton now wants the job of POTUS. Oh dear ...

Israel ... done bad things to the us and its other allies in the past.
Spying, bombing warships.

Can they be trusted?
NO!!!

That the US supports Israel in spite of their proliferation of terrorism on their immediate neighbors ... makes us just as despicable. Israel is doing their best to instigate us into dropping a bomb on Iran. Talk about bloodthirsty and greedy. I'd imagine the goal there is (once we drop the bomb) to just march in there and take Iran's land in the same way they are stealing the Palestinian land.
 .dej
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2011 10:42:56 PM
Twisting it back at the OP, would you have voted again for Palin/McCain, knowing now how batsh*t crazy and ignorant she is?

err.... Didn't we know this pretty well in 2008?

I just considered it a choice between two really bad candidates.

Actually three. Even the libertarian candidate was pretty bad. 2008 was a very bad year for presidential candidates.
 wisguyingb
Msg: 79
Posted: 3/25/2011 4:00:54 AM

Actually three. Even the libertarian candidate was pretty bad. 2008 was a very bad year for presidential candidates.

I second that Bob Barr is noooo Libertarian! I ended up casting my vote for the Ron Paul endorsed Chuck Baldwin of the Constitution Party. Yes, it was a wasted vote but voting for the lesser of two evils is still a vote for evil.
 SaharaM
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2011 5:58:47 AM

Yes. I know his name. Are you concerned that I'm not showing him proper respect???
Puleeeze. He would probably kill me in an instant if he could.

I think your perception is probably off. Then again, I don't know what you've done in your life; maybe he would want to kill you for it.
 .dej
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2011 10:46:26 AM

Yes. I know his name. Are you concerned that I'm not showing him proper respect???
Puleeeze. He would probably kill me in an instant if he could.

Uh... he could. Hell I probably could, but I'd face way more consequences for it. You think someone with the resources that guy has couldn't off someone? He has no reason to, but he definitely could. Mobsters with a few million bucks backing them can pull off hits on people in federal protection. This guy probably has billions at his disposal. Think about it.
 sum1reel
Msg: 82
Posted: 4/9/2011 7:56:27 AM

Rarely do I see his supporters admit their disappointment in him,

rarely do we see (from the repub shills), their public acknowledgment of the disastrous debacles of the GWB administration...that ultimately led to the ushering in of a political unknown such as Obama (rather than someone more experienced).....so if you haven't done so already, you can send GW a thank-you card!

All we hear is the mindless babble from these shills, as how more "popular" GWB was at the end of his term (as if this was something to be proud of!!!!)...he was so "popular" that even John McCain stayed away from him!

Am i disappointed in Obama?....yes i am!
I'm disappointed that he hadn't articulated his plans in a more understandable manner to those of limited intellect, who have the power to vote!...i'm disappointed that he put too much trust in weak individuals within his own party (nancy pelosi).......i'm disappointed that his overall inexperience has allowed for the democratic loss of congressional seats(which was theirs to lose!), and has allowed for the presence of political hitmen (such as Boehner), whose only goal is to undermine Obama's presidency....at all costs!!!
 cotter
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2011 7:09:19 PM

OP- your courage and intellectual honesty demonstrated by your willingness to openly question Obamas failure to keep promises that were important to you, promises you believed, is admirable.
Why thank you.

I see it as nothing more than (for example) having a favorite teacher ... that I might vote for as "teacher of the year" ... even though I wasn't always pleased with everything the teacher did.

Rarely do I see his supporters admit their disappointment in him ...
Open your eyes ... we are everywhere.

Here's a good example of Republicans holding up a Republican president ... constantly quoting his words ..."Mr. Gorbachev, Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!” ... even though quite a few of us know that it's really a joke.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tear_down_this_wall
(Excerpts)
Tear down this wall!
U.S. President Ronald Reagan speaking in front of the Brandenburg Gate at the Berlin Wall.

In a speech at the Brandenburg Gate near the Berlin Wall on June 12, 1987, commemorating the 750th anniversary of Berlin, Reagan challenged Gorbachev (who was then the General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union), to tear it down as a symbol of Gorbachev's desire for increasing freedom in the Eastern Bloc.

Twenty-nine months later, on November 9, 1989, after intense East German protest, East ermany finally opened the Berlin Wall.
Of course those of us who lived in Western Europe laughed our butts off (I still do and know of many who still do). We all knew that it was about to crumble anyways. We got news over there that people weren't getting.

I lived in West Germany and had contact with people who lived in East Germany on a regular basis since my father-in-law's family was from East Germany and often visited in the West. (Retired folks were encouraged by the East to visit in the West and if possible, stay there so that the East Government would no longer have to pay them their retirement. What a concept ... eh?)

Most of us already knew that things were deteriorating rapidly by then in East Germany and we all knew that the Soviets very soon would not be able to maintain East Germany.

But Reagan is idolized for saying it. Trust me ... it's a joke. The wall was not gonna last all that long at the point in which Reagan said that.

I know people who still idolize Nixon ... also a joke.

I just happened to mention that I'm not too happy about us still being in the war ... but then I'm not alone in that ... right? I know lots of Republicans who aren't happy about us still being involved in the "Dubya" wars of nonesense.
 .dej
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2011 7:40:15 PM
Your post has me confused a bit.

You criticize people for holding Reagan's words in esteem, and claim they were a joke, and the Wikipedia article you linked appears to assert otherwise, including quotes from leaders in West Germany and leaders from within Reagan's own administration. What inside knowledge do you have that the administrations of the national governments of both countries did and do not have?

And I don't know about idolizing Nixon (but I don't really idolize anyone), but he was an excellent president. People only remember him for Watergate, unfortunately, but he had many notable accomplishments while in office, and his approval rating throughout his presidency was quite high. What is your beef there, too? Other than the R next to his name?
 R_O_U_S
Msg: 85
Posted: 4/16/2011 12:12:47 AM
Barack Obama spoke in our church as a child. A very different person then. I was only kid then. I liked him, though my dad said he was nervous. He didn't understand that at that time he was still afraid for his life. He inspired me to be brave, I just regressed. Lol.
To chase after the boundaries which confine us. I would vote for Obama. I had a childhood friend, who said off-handedly " yah I wanna see a black president!" I chuckle, because so did I. His name was Dante. I'm writing like a 5 year old. I found many pragmatic reasons why I'm glad this happened. Although I'm not sure I really made a difference in this arena. I hope Dante in North Carolina is happy though. We got our dream.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2011 8:29:21 AM

And I don't know about idolizing Nixon (but I don't really idolize anyone), but he was an excellent president. People only remember him for Watergate, unfortunately, but he had many notable accomplishments while in office, and his approval rating throughout his presidency was quite high.

Nixon was pretty frackin evil. He sabotaged the Paris Peace Talks for political gain, killing 20,000 Americans and millions of Indochinese as a result. In extending the war for political gain, he also tore apart the social fabric of this country that led to harsh divisions that are still being felt today. I would rank Nixon and lil Bush as tied for most evil presidents.
 cotter
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2011 9:55:53 AM

You criticize people for holding Reagan's words in esteem, and claim they were a joke, and the Wikipedia article you linked appears to assert otherwise, including quotes from leaders in West Germany and leaders from within Reagan's own administration.

LMAO ... I knew you'd attack my post. Jumped on it right away! Just too funny!

1)Good old Helmut Kohl ... one had to live there under his leadership (if you can call it that) in order to really know how valuable his opinion is on anything. Because of different ways they conduct their elections in Germany, we got stuck with that A$$hole way too long. One does not have to search too far to find out what others also thought about him. All you have to do is Google "Helmut Kohl was an A$$hole" and you'll find it.

2) I place no value whatsoever on anything a so-called leader from within Reagan's own administration would ever have to say about him. He's the one who gave us Cheney and Rumsfeld.

What inside knowledge do you have that the administrations of the national governments of both countries did and do not have?
One has only to travel extensively (which I have done) in the East Bloc countries and talk to the people (which I can do because I know the language) to get the true picture of what bankrupted the Soviets where East Germany was concerned. The Soviets were in such deep trouble that it was getting to the point that they could not feed the people. East German farmers told us that they were being ordered to harvest crops earlier and earlier each year (towards the end there) because the Soviets were running out of food.

For the most part, very little improvements were ever made to the infrastructure of East Germany. That's why shortly after the Wall came down, all along the borders of East Germany I witnessed something that I've never before seen in my life ... we're talking crane city. Cranes as far as the eye could see ... until one got deeper and deeper in what used to be East Germany territory.

As I drove further and further (deeper) into East Germany, one could still see buildings with bullet holes and damage from the war that had never been repaired. Many more homes than not all still had outhouses ... no indoor plumbing had been installed after all those years.

After all, as one of the residents I spoke with stated, "Why in the world would any of us make any improvements on anything we don't own? Not to mention we never had the money for it and even if we would have had the money for it, it would have taken years to get any construction material since anything that was produced here always got shipped off to be used elsewhere ... not here." I think it's also safe to say that a lot of what was produced in East Germany back then had to go towards backing the Soviet troops in Afghanistan.

The West Germans also had surveillance pictures of how the East Germans were farming their land. (The West Germans are among the best farmers in the world and as they anticipated more and more the fall of the Wall, they knew they had to know more and more about what to expect from the land once Germany was re-united.) They could actually see that fields were being planted but not harvested appropriately. The word from the folks visiting in West Germany (and I knew some of them and talked with them) was that while they eventually were able to get the fields planted, crops were not being rotated appropriately and they had no well-functioning machines to harvest the crops that did manage to grow.

http://www.commondreams.org/view/2009/06/03-8
Ronald Reagan: Worst President Ever?
Excerpts ...

Cruelty with a Smile
With his superficially sunny disposition - and a ruthless political strategy of exploiting white-male resentments - Reagan convinced millions of Americans that the threats they faced were: African-American welfare queens, Central American leftists, a rapidly expanding Evil Empire based in Moscow, and the do-good federal government.

When it came to cutting back on America's energy use, Reagan's message could be boiled down to the old reggae lyric, "Don't worry, be happy." Rather than pressing Detroit to build smaller, fuel-efficient cars, Reagan made clear that the auto industry could manufacture gas-guzzlers without much nagging from Washington.

The same with the environment. Reagan intentionally staffed the Environmental Protection Agency and the Interior Department with officials who were hostile toward regulation aimed at protecting the environment. George W. Bush didn't invent Republican hostility toward scientific warnings of environmental calamities; he was just picking up where Reagan left off.

Reagan pushed for deregulation of industries, including banking; he slashed income taxes for the wealthiest Americans in an experiment known as "supply side" economics, which held falsely that cutting rates for the rich would increase revenues and eliminate the federal deficit.

Over the years, "supply side" would evolve into a secular religion for many on the Right, but Reagan's budget director David Stockman once blurted out the truth, that it would lead to red ink "as far as the eye could see."

While conceding that some of Reagan's economic plans did not work out as intended, his defenders - including many mainstream journalists - still argue that Reagan should be hailed as a great President because he "won the Cold War," a short-hand phrase that they like to attach to his historical biography.

However, a strong case can be made that the Cold War was won well before Reagan arrived in the White House. Indeed, in the 1970s, it was a common perception in the U.S. intelligence community that the Cold War between the United States and the Soviet Union was winding down, in large part because the Soviet economic model had failed in the technological race with the West.

I lived over there in the 1970's and 1980's. That's how I know about what was going on.

That was the view of many Kremlinologists in the CIA's analytical division. Also, I was told by a senior CIA's operations official that some of the CIA's best spies inside the Soviet hierarchy supported the view that the Soviet Union was headed toward collapse, not surging toward world supremacy, as Reagan and his foreign policy team insisted in the early 1980s.

The CIA analysis was the basis for the détente that was launched by Nixon and Ford, essentially seeking a negotiated solution to the most dangerous remaining aspects of the Cold War.

The Afghan Debacle
In that view, Soviet military operations, including sending troops into Afghanistan in 1979, were mostly defensive in nature. In Afghanistan, the Soviets hoped to prop up a pro-communist government that was seeking to modernize the country but was beset by opposition from Islamic fundamentalists who were getting covert support from the U.S. government.

Though the Afghan covert operation originated with Cold Warriors in the Carter administration, especially national security adviser Zbigniew Brzezinski, the war was dramatically ramped up under Reagan, who traded U.S. acquiescence toward Pakistan's nuclear bomb for its help in shipping sophisticated weapons to the Afghan jihadists (including a young Saudi named Osama bin Laden).
Wow ... I mean just WOW!!!

While Reagan's acolytes cite the Soviet defeat in Afghanistan as decisive in "winning the Cold War," the counter-argument is that Moscow was already in disarray - and while failure in Afghanistan may have sped the Soviet Union's final collapse - it also created twin dangers for the future of the world: the rise of al-Qaeda terrorism and the nuclear bomb in the hands of Pakistan's unstable Islamic Republic.

Trade-offs elsewhere in the world also damaged long-term U.S. interests. In Latin America, for instance, Reagan's brutal strategy of arming right-wing militaries to crush peasant, student and labor uprisings left the region with a legacy of anti-Americanism that is now resurfacing in the emergence of populist leftist governments.

In Nicaragua, for instance, Sandinista leader Daniel Ortega (whom Reagan once denounced as a "dictator in designer glasses") is now back in power. In El Salvador, the leftist FMLN won the latest elections. Indeed, across the region, hostility to Washington is now the rule, creating openings for China, Iran, Cuba and other American rivals.

In the early 1980s, Reagan also credentialed a young generation of neocon intellectuals, who pioneered a concept called "perception management," the shaping of how Americans saw, understood and were frightened by threats from abroad.
Is that "Fear Mongering"? LMAO ... "Dumbya" had a good mentor in Reagan ... eh"?

Many honest reporters saw their careers damaged when they resisted the lies and distortions of the Reagan administration. Likewise, U.S. intelligence analysts were purged when they refused to bend to the propaganda demands from above.

To marginalize dissent, Reagan and his subordinates stoked anger toward anyone who challenged the era's feel-good optimism. Skeptics were not just honorable critics, they were un-American defeatists or - in Jeane Kirkpatrick's memorable attack line - they would "blame America first."

Under Reagan, a right-wing infrastructure also took shape, linking media outlets (magazines, newspapers, books, etc.) with well-financed think tanks that churned out endless op-eds and research papers. Plus, there were attack groups that went after mainstream journalists who dared disclose information that poked holes in Reagan's propaganda themes.

In effect, Reagan's team created a faux reality for the American public. Civil wars in Central America between impoverished peasants and wealthy oligarchs became East-West showdowns. U.S.-backed insurgents in Nicaragua, Angola and Afghanistan were transformed from corrupt, brutal (often drug-tainted) thugs into noble "freedom-fighters."

With the Iran-Contra scandal, Reagan also revived Richard Nixon's theory of an imperial presidency that could ignore the nation's laws and evade accountability through criminal cover-ups. That behavior also would rear its head again in the war crimes of George W. Bush. [For details on Reagan's abuses, see Robert Parry's Lost History and Secrecy & Privilege.]

Wall Street Greed
The American Dream also dimmed during Reagan's tenur.

While he played the role of the nation's kindly grandfather, his operatives divided the American people, using "wedge issues" to deepen grievances especially of white men who were encouraged to see themselves as victims of "reverse discrimination" and "political correctness."

Yet even as working-class white men were rallying to the Republican banner (as so-called "Reagan Democrats"), their economic interests were being savaged. Unions were broken and marginalized; "free trade" policies shipped manufacturing jobs abroad; old neighborhoods were decaying; drug use among the young was soaring.

Meanwhile, unprecedented greed was unleashed on Wall Street, fraying old-fashioned bonds between company owners and employees.
Again ... wow ... just WOW!!!!

Before Reagan, corporate CEOs earned less than 50 times the salary of an average worker. By the end of the Reagan-Bush-I administrations in 1993, the average CEO salary was more than 100 times that of a typical worker. (At the end of the Bush-II administration, that CEO-salary figure was more than 250 times that of an average worker.)

Many other trends set during the Reagan era continued to corrode the U.S. political process in the years after Reagan left office. After 9/11, for instance, the neocons reemerged as a dominant force, reprising their "perception management" tactics, depicting the "war on terror" - like the last days of the Cold War - as a terrifying conflict between good and evil.

The hyping of the Islamic threat mirrored the neocons' exaggerated depiction of the Soviet menace in the 1980s - and again the propaganda strategy worked. Many Americans let their emotions run wild, from the hunger for revenge after 9/11 to the war fever over invading Iraq.

Arguably, the descent into this dark fantasy land - that Ronald Reagan began in the early 1980s - reached its nadir in the flag-waving early days of the Iraq War. Only gradually did reality begin to reassert itself as the death toll mounted in Iraq and the Katrina disaster reminded Americans why they needed an effective government.

Still, the disasters - set in motion by Ronald Reagan - continued to roll in. Bush's Reagan-esque tax cuts for the rich blew another huge hole in the federal budget and the Reagan-esque anti-regulatory fervor led to a massive financial meltdown that threw the nation into economic chaos.

Love Reagan; Hate Bush
Ironically, George W. Bush has come in for savage criticism, but the Republican leader who inspired Bush's presidency - Ronald Reagan - remained an honored figure, his name attached to scores of national landmarks including Washington's National Airport.
Reagan's presidency represented a dangerous escape from accountability - and reality.
It's a sure thing that the Reagan Centennial Committee won't do much more than add to the hagiography surrounding the 40th President.

Despite the grievous harm that Reagan's presidency inflicted on the American Republic and the American people, it may take many more years before a historian has the guts to put this deformed era into a truthful perspective and rate Reagan where he belongs -- near the bottom of the presidential list.

And I don't know about idolizing Nixon (but I don't really idolize anyone), but he was an excellent president.
Already addressed ... no need for me to make further comment.

As I said ... Reagan was a joke in Germany and I might add ... a disaster here.
 .dej
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2011 6:11:51 PM
Okay, I see that you have issues with both presidents, but you didn't really address anything I said in response to your first post. Nobody else in referring to Pres Reagan's speech seemed to think he was just joking. In fact, the tone of analysis of his speech and the analysis of the decision of him putting it in seems to say quite the opposite. Whether or not the wall was sustainable or not, it seems that your personal observation contradicts every authority that's written on the topic.
 cotter
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2011 5:16:21 PM
^^^^^
Nobody else in referring to Pres Reagan's speech seemed to think he was just joking. In fact, the tone of analysis of his speech and the analysis of the decision of him putting it in seems to say quite the opposite.
Learn to read ... I didn't say Reagan was "joking" ... because I'm sure he wasn't trying to be "funny" when he said what he said. Those of us who knew what was going on in the East Zone (our name for it) considered what he said as a joke because we knew what was going on ... mostly first hand.

Whether or not the wall was sustainable or not, it seems that your personal observation contradicts every authority that's written on the topic.
There has been much written and spoken about what went on in the East Zone agriculturally ... it's not just in my imagination. As I mentioned, I spoke with people who lived it (first hand) and even got to witness some of it first hand. Have you?

LMAO at your efforts to always put down any post I make. Simply hilarious.

Oh well ... it keeps you busy and perhaps by stalking me and over-criticizing my posts, you leave others alone. Once again ... points awarded for your efforts in jumping right on my post and trying to put it down.

OT ...
I would have voted for OBAMA no matter what ...
 4rumninja
Msg: 90
Posted: 4/20/2011 5:01:08 AM

I would have voted for OBAMA no matter what
Statements like these are Scary....

No matter what? This shows how many people base their votes on emotion and not reason or any consideration of what is best for the Country.
 jed456
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2011 4:03:00 PM

No matter what? This shows how many people base their votes on emotion and not reason or any consideration of what is best for the Country.

Indeed like trump loony soundbites seem to win some people over.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2011 5:59:55 PM
Obama was the lesser of the evils presented in the last POTUS cycle. Unless you voted purely out of emotion or lack of reasoning skills, there was really no other choice given the previous 8 years of utter insane fiscal and geopolitical insanity.

The Teapublicans are masters are playing on emotion over reason, or what is best for the country. There is considerably buyer's remorse going on over the corporate puppets of the Tea Farty who wish to rob seniors, the working class, kids, the environment, public safety and a myriad of other issues that affect the vast majority. Just because they manipulated emotions and threw reasoning out the door, does not mean that they will prevail over reason. Most people are reasonable. The tea farts, and far right are not. Try to take away a piece of pork from one of them and see the limits of reason. Same game, different BS, different audience, but same results. Trump is a joke. Even his hair is not honest. Was he born on this planet...show us the documentation!
 .dej
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2011 8:17:11 AM

Learn to read ... I didn't say Reagan was "joking" ... because I'm sure he wasn't trying to be "funny" when he said what he said. Those of us who knew what was going on in the East Zone (our name for it) considered what he said as a joke because we knew what was going on ... mostly first hand.

Gotcha. I misunderstood.

I would have voted for OBAMA no matter what ..

Pretty sure we all knew that.
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2011 7:32:03 PM
well I did know he was going to more into Afghanistan and yes I wish we were out of there,but I have to look at the whole scope of what he has accomplished,which makes him a darn good president,but as your questions asks,would I have voted for him anyways.Well with McCain and Palin as our option,I must say,Oh God yes I would..............Palin,what a horror that would have been,you betcha.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2011 1:23:13 AM
If McCain and Palin had been able to flip the votes with the computer firms who control the votes now, Palin would already have resigned to move on to something more interesting and less challenging and McCain would have us in a few more wars, Iran included. Sorry the Oiligarchy got Obama to invade Libya, but at least we have not launched the nukes and started Armageddon as Palin was/is wont to do. Gotta watch the Bachmann monster as well. She is another fundie end times fantasy girl.
 4rumninja
Msg: 96
Posted: 6/20/2011 5:31:12 AM
Those who voted for Obama will vote for him again no matter what, even though most of his policies have turned out to be abject failures.
I have noticed on these forums that Obama supporters tend to use these to arguments for everything- This/that etc.. would have been worse if it weren't for Obama..
It's not Obamas fault its (fill in the blank) fault..
How long does he have to be President before his supporters will expect him to be responsible for anything that happens? How many decisions does he have to make? How many policies does he have to implement? before You all decide that maybe he should be held accountable for the effect or lack of effect his policies have on America...

Think about this for a minute he promised unemployment would not go over 8 % it has been over 9% for most of his term..they even changed the way it is calculated to lower the number and it still over 9%..The almost trillion dollar stimulus plan was supposed to keep it under 8% and create millions of jobs...don't even get me started on the BS jobs saved crap..Really? would you accept alleged jobs saved by anyone other than Obama?..isn't it strange that the standard used by this administration is one never used before..jobs saved pfffftttt!!!

Every economic report that comes out is "worse than expected" why is that? these are the people who are supposed to have the answers and solutions..they can't even forecast correctly..

The last post exemplifies my point its not Obama's fault that he started a War in Libya it's somebody else fault...
 sum1reel
Msg: 97
Posted: 6/20/2011 5:55:35 AM
@cotter

Israel is doing their best to instigate us into dropping a bomb on Iran. Talk about bloodthirsty and greedy.

in case you didn't know...israel does have nuclear weaponry...and can deliver them to Iran without even leaving a trail........i seriously doubt that they are goading the US to do something that they can better do themselves...and furthermore do it sooner, rather than later!

I'd imagine the goal there is (once we drop the bomb) to just march in there and take Iran's land in the same way they are stealing the Palestinian land.

..and how do propose that Israel do this?....who would they be marching through?....perhaps if you consulted a map, you'd see that they'd have to invade Jordan and Iraq to get to Iran.

In Afghanistan, the Soviets hoped to prop up a pro-communist government that was seeking to modernize the country ...

The soviets, seeking to modernize afghanistan????................Oh i get it, you mean like they "modernized" east germany, right!!!

----------------------------

What is a bit sad, is that you actually post some things that are pretty informative!...so its too bad that you often season it with ignorant sh!t like ^ this....that take the air outta your "tires".
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2011 12:15:04 PM
Good points,yes it would have been worse with Palin/McCain but it was never bad with Obama.

Heres a strong point,we were losing jobs every day with Bush and then Obama brought up the losses to gains and now its steady gains each month,anyone know the exact figure,we were losing like 400,000 jobs ever month when Obama took over,ever see the numbers chart on that fact.9% unemployment,wow,if this had been the republicans they would be telling us that how could you possibly hold us to this number,with the disasters,the job and home stripping disasters we have suffered as a country while Obamas term had it been their term.

Tens of thousands of jobs lost to the Gulf oil spill,and they still have not recovered,record breaking floods,twisters,ect ect all stripping entire areas of jobs,my area right now 4 forest fires out of control nearly 900,000 acres burned ,all summer vacation spots in the prettiest vacation areas closed,hundreds of lost homes,businesses,no customers for the burnt down hotels and restaurants,job losses jumping hourly,fires not close to being controlled so as jobs were having gains other areas were destroyed ,yet some of the ones with blinders on their eyes never take such important facts into considerations,never do they think does Japans earthquake,or Haiti's earthquake,or the flooding of thousands of acres on purpose to save a town,should be a consideration.

On the Gulf spill alone ,how many jobs do you think were lost do to the oil industries blunder,from hotel staff,to restaurants,fishing fleets ect during that time,they never counted did they,most deckhands were never a count they were under the table ,maybe a couple hundred thousand ????? how many connected jobs to that industry in the states that the oil industry decided not to repay.Even the Katrina disaster is still in the works,so he being where he has the unemployment now is worth my applause,Well done Mr.President,how are you able to hold these low numbers steady during so many man made and natural disasters,well done ! Exemplary job !
 4rumninja
Msg: 99
Posted: 6/21/2011 10:27:12 AM
Did Obama Really Prevent A Second Great Depression?

By JOHN MERLINE, INVESTOR'S BUSINESS DAILY Posted 06/20/2011 05:54 PM ET
It has become a common refrain at the White House and among administration supporters that President Obama's aggressive efforts to stimulate growth prevented an economic catastrophe.
"We had to hit the ground running and do everything we could to prevent a second Great Depression," Obama told supporters last week.
Politically, the claim makes sense. Casting the challenge Obama faced as immense can help explain the economy's lackluster performance in the two years since the recession officially ended.
But is it an accurate portrayal of what really happened?
IBD reviewed records of economic forecasts made just before Obama signed the stimulus bill into law, as well as economic data and monthly stimulus spending data from around that time, and reviews of the stimulus bill itself.

The conclusion is that in claiming to have staved off a Depression, the White House and its supporters seem to be engaging in a bit of historical revisionism.

Economists weren't predicting a Depression.

White House economists forecast in January 2009 that, even without a stimulus, unemployment would top out at just 8.8% — well below the 10.8% peak during the 1981-82 recession, and nowhere near Depression-era unemployment levels.

The same month, the Congressional Budget Office predicted that, absent any stimulus, the recession would end in "the second half of 2009." The recession officially ended in June 2009, suggesting that the stimulus did not have anything to do with it.

The data weren't showing it, either.

The argument is often made that the recession turned out to be far worse than anyone knew at the time. But various indicators show that the economy had pretty much hit bottom at the end of 2008 — a month before President Obama took office.

Monthly GDP, for example, stopped free-falling in December 2008, long before the stimulus kicked in, according to the National Bureau of Economic Research. (See nearby chart.) Monthly job losses bottomed out in early 2009 while the Index of Leading Economic Indicators started to rise in April.

The stimulus timing is off.

When the recession officially ended in June 2009, just 15% of the stimulus money had gone out the door. And that figure's likely inflated, since almost a third of the money was in the form of grants to states, which some studies suggest they didn't spend, but used to pay down debt.

Other programs Obama often touts — Cash for Clunkers, mortgage help, home buyer tax credits, the auto rescue plans — either came as the recession had ended or was ending or were widely deemed to be busts."

Being that you are an avowed Obama zealot this probably wont mean much to you,but anyways there are many analysts and experts who believe that nothing Obama has done has had a positive effect on the Economy...
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2011 12:53:50 PM
Many of the major economists said absolutely we adverted far worse a problem some say depression even,and although I feel Bush let us get so deep initially in the hole I do believe it was he that started the turn around,I truly believe had the horrid awful banks not been bailed out,if the poor business practices of the major car companies not been helped,and if he had not done the stimulus ,the collapse we would have felt would have been way to much to bare,it all happened at the same time,and thats why I think it would have hurt.I think then Obama stepped in,did another stimulus,furthered the bank bailout proceedings and basically continued on with what had already been put into place,I believe if Obama and Bush had not done this then yes we might and probably been to a depression level,I'm glad both presidents did it,even though I think no company deserves bailouts that performed so poorly while in practice,

I have heard from many of our top economists,Regan's,Bushes,Obama,Clintons,Carters,ect and I hear the same thing.

I just feel it all happening at the same time would have created to perfect storm.I now wish anyone had the power to make banks loan money,as long as they refuse to spend the money we all are at a standstill.I heard the same businesses say if Bush could get the banks to loan their company money they could buy more merchandise to sell and hire people,but with no money being loaned then its a stand still,I see the same problem now,Obama cannot get them to pry their horrible stingy old fingers off our money we put into their banks.Problem not solved,not even close,Bush nor Obama have yet to solve this.Having gone from 400000 jobs lost a month up to zero up the gains month after month is proof its all working again,but that does not deal with the banks.

I heard Buffet,Gates,Clinton,Trump and others all say until Banks will loan the money we are basically stalled from further gains.How can we halt a foreclosure if the banks will not even help.Who has some pixie dust,please come forward,I see no GOP person nor new Dem running who I feel have the power to make the bank give it up,there lies the most major problem we suffer.I say force them through regulations and GOP say lets get rid of the pesky rules for them,who wins??????????

I still am overall very satisfied with his progress,and as with all presidents even he whom I admire and respect so much has his problem areas,other presidents I just faulted them with far more problem areas.I liked Clinton just as much as Obama.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Would you have voted for OBAMA if .......