Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > I had 3 drinks, she had 7      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 coveredinpaint
Msg: 101
I had 3 drinks, she had 7Page 5 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
If she is an alcoholic, then why would she puke? She should have a high tolerance. Sounds like this girl is a mess.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 102
I had 3 drinks, she had 7
Posted: 12/8/2009 5:19:34 PM
(xjer1l ) a guy who can chug a few beers and then goes and gets some is a sud, a gal who has a few and then finds a hot guy to be with is a slut, why is that?

Because that's just the way of the world. Men should act like men, without the "Tsk-tsk!" of prudes, and women should behave like ladies. Period.

You're wrong about the double-standard, though: men get castigated for acting like men; women get castigated for acting like men. True equality...

Don't yell at me; I didn't make these rules up...

Binroe...

(although to be fair, I probably woulda made 'em exactly like that, anyway...)

(ETA: Actually, in all fairness, men get castigated no matter WHAT they act like. That too is the way of the world...)
 Chirpingheart2
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2009 9:28:43 PM
Groupies, Chill already! We don't know the woman, OP does. Well kinda sorta Sorry OP couldn't resist.

The fact of the matter is...

we all handle our poison differently. I'm petite so I can't handle much although when I go to watch my sons band play, I sometimes drink too much and then drink too much more. I only go out once a week because I am the designated babysitter so my d-in-law can go. Usually it's my dear d-in-law who gets me in trouble with" come on mom, try "this". Well, I don't do liquor very well so I don't liquor as a rule.

Ok, my story :
I have met quite a few men folk from POF and I didn't like any of them for a LTR except the one that got away, go figure! He contacted me first. We met at the mall on the 1st date, and it was great! We planned had to go to watch my son play on Sat. night. We did, and then we had planned to go to the pub the next day to watch the Sprint race. It never happened. I also did not eat that day. I meant to, just didn't and YES I am old enuf to know I should eat before drinking. I was busy. Ok?
Anyway, I never saw him again after that Sat night. I contacted him via email and he emailed me back and said he didn't think it would work with us. Sigh! YES, I'm still kicking myself because he's the only one I liked really really in 2 1/2 years of being on this dang site! Did I say REALLY!? I earenestly tried to explain to him that I am honestly don't usually get that tipsy. My sons' band was playing that night and I was in a great mood. Anyway, to make a long story short, OP I admire you for looking past her giddyness that night and trying to get to know the "real" person deep down.
 Chirpingheart2
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2009 9:36:14 PM
Afterthought:
Did I mention that he was a former marine turned cop that rarely drinks?LOL
Ohhhh that man has no idea what he gave up in not getting to "really" know "me". He liked me well on the first date enuf to plan a 2nd and 3rd date but maybe he was just too stuffy for me and the fact that I'm OPS' girls mother did'nt help much rofl. JK
 oncebitten35
Msg: 105
Posted: 12/12/2009 5:58:53 PM
Wow!! Talk about a bad first impression! I can relate.Went on a few dates with this guy recently...ended up at a club, dancing and all. Ok, pretty harmless at this point. I drank a few - he got toasted! I had to drive HIM home, after he tried to get out of my car at a store and fell on the ground (had to pick him up and put help him back in the car)...then he fell again trying to walk in his house. Not attractive!! Especially from a woman's point of view - you would think a 38 yr old man could hold his alcohol and be respectful enough to drive at least! All in all, this is just not a good thing!!
 prairieblacksmith
Msg: 106
Posted: 12/12/2009 7:57:41 PM
Been there done that! Only: 0/7
I wasn't drinking alcolhol...she never slowed to notice! On all our phone/internet conversations she ended a lot of sentences with , "and have a beer". It seemed odd! ..Now I know better! If a woman can't get more than three sentences out without ending one in ,"and have a beer." ..break off the date!

Once Bit and twice shy!
 Backlolz
Msg: 107
Posted: 12/12/2009 8:07:42 PM
she needs rehab lol
 irishterri56
Msg: 108
Posted: 12/12/2009 8:37:18 PM
Bail now...there are a lot of games in the future..
 WinstonDoubtfire
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2009 6:50:15 AM
I don't even know where to begin, but I will say that the MET didn't happen. The original plan was to meet at the Newark NJ PATH (penn station) around 11 am and then take that into the city, do a little people watching/wandering, grab a bite and hit the museum. She asked me to meet her at the WTC station at 1pm (she was already in the city) and then we take it from there....

...she had already had a couple. I told her the reason I had planned the date the way I had, was to see the real her, not the sauced version. She, again, gave me the 'nervous' bit (she said she only had 2 dirty martinis...no comment...) I shook my head, told her that she wasn't for me...that I wasn't looking for a person that had to have a drink to relax, turned around and started walking back to the station. She *pleaded* for me to come join her for just one drink (and I was a little hungry) so I agreed.

Heh. I had a chicken sammich, a blue moon pint, thanked her and left. I then called my friends and asked never to be set up again (and after explaining what happened, they apologized and agreed)
 myrgth
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2009 7:08:06 AM
It's cool that you gave her a second chance. Too bad she blew it.

I'm curious, if you are in this situation again where you meet a woman and she starts slamming them back - will you again graciously give them a second chance?
 MsStackhouse
Msg: 111
Posted: 12/14/2009 7:12:21 AM

...she had already had a couple. I told her the reason I had planned the date the way I had, was to see the real her, not the sauced version. She, again, gave me the 'nervous' bit (she said she only had 2 dirty martinis...no comment...) I shook my head, told her that she wasn't for me...that I wasn't looking for a person that had to have a drink to relax, turned around and started walking back to the station. She *pleaded* for me to come join her for just one drink (and I was a little hungry) so I agreed.

2 dirty martni's by 1pm? OK, sounds a little crazy town.

That sucks that you missed going to the Met though...

FYI - 2 dirty martni's would have me completely plastered...the fact that she drank that much, that early in the day, makes me think there might be a slight problem there...
 Helen0426
Msg: 112
Posted: 12/14/2009 8:04:11 AM
Oh, dear. I guess the real her is the sauced version.

It was very sweet of you to give her a second chance. Thanks for updating!

Hope the sandwich was good, anyway...
 Sabrosura089
Msg: 113
Posted: 12/14/2009 8:52:39 AM
I don't even know where to begin, but I will say that the MET didn't happen. The original plan was to meet at the Newark NJ PATH (penn station) around 11 am and then take that into the city, do a little people watching/wandering, grab a bite and hit the museum. She asked me to meet her at the WTC station at 1pm (she was already in the city) and then we take it from there....

Heh. I had a chicken sammich, a blue moon pint, thanked her and left. I then called my friends and asked never to be set up again (and after explaining what happened, they apologized and agreed)

Well, at least you tried. Buy dayum, early afternoon and 2 dirty martinis?!!! What a lush!!!

MsStackhouse
Msg: 114
Posted: 12/14/2009 9:02:36 AM

Well, at least you tried. Buy dayum, early afternoon and 2 dirty martinis?!!! What a lush!!!.

I agree. That's hardcore. She must have a high tolerance

WinstonDoubtfire
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2009 10:16:35 AM
2 dirty martinis make me a little loopy.

meh. she came running up to me and 'jumped' on me and gave me a kiss, and I tasted olives and vodka. right then I knew she got some booze issues.

I think I was more disappointed that I missed the MET.
 Sabrosura089
Msg: 116
Posted: 12/14/2009 10:49:20 AM

2 dirty martinis make me a little loopy.

meh. she came running up to me and 'jumped' on me and gave me a kiss, and I tasted olives and vodka. right then I knew she got some booze issues.

2 dirty martinis for me, and I'm feeling NO PAIN! No wonder she came RUNNING and JUMPED on you.
 WinstonDoubtfire
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2009 10:50:55 AM
lol...instead of catching her mid-leap, I shoulda dropped my arms to my sides.
 Sabrosura089
Msg: 118
Posted: 12/14/2009 11:05:06 AM
^^^That would have been too funny!!!
 WinstonDoubtfire
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2009 11:08:09 AM
Dammit!!!! If only I could rewind back to Saturday!

MsStackhouse
Msg: 120
Posted: 12/14/2009 11:13:27 AM

lol...instead of catching her mid-leap, I shoulda dropped my arms to my sides.

After 2 dirty martini's she probably wouldn't have felt any pain anyway....
 WinstonDoubtfire
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2009 11:23:49 AM
I would have laughed my ass off and followed with an 'oops, I slipped.'
 Helen0426
Msg: 122
Posted: 12/14/2009 8:09:36 PM

she came running up to me and 'jumped' on me and gave me a kiss, and I tasted olives and vodka.

Oh, yuck. She could've at least eaten a mint or something. That's just inconsiderate.

Hee! That kind of thing is more fun when you're sharing it with someone... too bad. Another time, with a better date, perhaps!
 ManicMelanie
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2009 8:25:44 PM
Sounds VERY immature. Maybe a LITTLE bit of new meeting jitters? Mostly it sounds like you said "hell bent on getting hammered". People, generally, are on their "best behavior" when they first meet someone. So now you've seen her best behavior.

Nicely told story, btw.

Cheers!!

NEXT!!
 1kindMan4U
Msg: 124
Posted: 12/14/2009 10:40:12 PM
Yeah.. It is a nice story..

I'd call her ONLY if I JUST wanted a bootycall with a drunk.

I'd just nail her before the 4th drink.. since 7 makes her yack.

dude.. why did you waste valuable internet space with an obvious?
 flyin squirrel
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2009 11:55:34 PM
Lets review...
She gets wasted and you have to babysit her then she barfs........
AND you are considering going out with her again...WTF?
I can almost hear it now...."and our 2nd date consisted of her getting tossed out of a bar and a DUI"
How romantic and classy ,she sounds like a keeper!

Damn just now read that you did give her a 2nd chance...oh well and there ya go sorry bout your luck.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > I had 3 drinks, she had 7