Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What does it mean when a guy says it's me not you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sparx1_1
Msg: 26
What does it mean when a guy says it's me not you?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
It usually just means he realized he is not attracted or interested in anything beyond friendship.

Women use that line too and it really is just a polite way of saying *I don't have a romantic interest in you*

I really don't understand why people take it as some kind of personal rejection. I feel it's more fair to just admit you are not interested but not every one can do that. I figure that if they are being nice enough to use that particular line then it really is them. Be it lack of connection, or a wife sitting at home.. you've done nothing wrong.
 sweetiie
Msg: 27
What does it mean when a guy says it's me not you?
Posted: 7/13/2005 7:11:32 PM
DARN MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who invented them anyways..lol
I'm gonna become a NUN!!!!!!
WhoooHOO for nunhood!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 ksue44
Msg: 28
Posted: 7/13/2005 7:34:59 PM
It means exactly that. There's no chemistry there (physically, emotionally, spiritually). It's a polite way of saying "thanks but no thanks". This "not into you" isn't limited to men only but the ladies are also joining in on the club.

Move on, don't dwell on something that can't be changed.
 Carissima
Msg: 29
Posted: 7/13/2005 7:46:21 PM
ahhh that good ol liner huh? It's almost as old as the "we can always be friends" one

Darlin' looks like in some form or fashion this guy has lost interest. So by saying this he
a) spares your feelings
b) saves his own ass
c) gets off scott free without any kind of guilt

But both men and women use this line to get out of hairy situations frequently. I dunno about you but I sure as hell wanna know what I've done wrong so I don't repeat it ---OR more importantly if he has misconstrude something I said....I can fix it and set him straight! But alas, as Blast said earlier....they are cowards hiding behind the easiest fix to the problem......YOU!

Don't feel too bad honey. I know it sucks and its extrememly disappointing but hey look on the brighter side. It was only three days.....not three months. That would have hurt a hellava lot more!

Ohhh and ps the best revenge to the "it's not u it's me deal????? LIVE A GREAT LIFE AND FIND TRUE HAPPINESS with someone how really deserves you!

~ Carissima ~
 cuteathleticman
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2005 7:49:34 PM
That he is not interested !
 missresidentcare
Msg: 31
Posted: 7/13/2005 8:02:32 PM
It TOTALLY has EVERYTHING to do with you when a guy tells you the ol' "its not you, its me" excuse. Oldest one in the book...(if there even is a book)...hmmm..anyway.. Basically girl, he is just saying he's not interested and thinks by "telling" you its all his fault, he is going to not hurt your feelings. When it fact, all girls by now should know that excuse, which makes us feel worse about ourselves. Here's a tip guys: If you're going to make up excuses make it clever and imaginative...that is if you HAVE to lie to us women. lol.
 squirrly
Msg: 32
Posted: 7/13/2005 8:09:22 PM
actually it's not you...and it's not him either.....it's someone else
 subjazz
Msg: 33
Posted: 7/13/2005 8:09:54 PM
I dated a Nun once

I had Nun, got Nun and still seeing Nun
 ittakes2babync
Msg: 34
Posted: 7/13/2005 8:23:49 PM
It was only three days that I didn't hear from him! We only dated a little over a month and he told me he "thought" he was falling in love with me. He met my kids and I met his etc. I think he's a big coward! He didn't even tell me what the problem was he just disapeared, ignored me and hoped I"d go away! If I hadn't called him I wouldn't know anything. Not like I know anything anyway except for the fact that he has no communication skills! Anyway I appreciate everyones input on the matter! There is plenty of fish out there! lol
 ellepari
Msg: 35
Posted: 7/13/2005 8:35:15 PM
IT IS AN EASY WAY OF BREAKING UP SOFTLY.

AND ITS ALWAYS YOU!!!!!

BECAUSE NO ONE IS GONNA GIVE UP SOMEONE THEY FEEL A CONNECTION WITH.
 DragonRed
Msg: 36
Posted: 7/13/2005 8:35:45 PM
God I love these thread forums where the question answers itself.......

Plain and Simple ....He is not interested,in sharing his feelings with You....................
 elle j
Msg: 37
Posted: 7/13/2005 8:35:54 PM
When they say:

It's not you it's me

You're too good for me

I'm not good enough for you

BELIEVE IT! You deserve better!
 DragonRed
Msg: 38
Posted: 7/13/2005 8:40:23 PM
Very true elle....But then there is always the ..."I'm too Good For You"....attitude...

..........not to be mean but.......it's ME!!...not You....could Be.....I just wanna keep you in the bull pen warming up.....
 elle j
Msg: 39
Posted: 7/13/2005 8:43:33 PM
^^ yah... don't get me started on that one.
 ellepari
Msg: 40
Posted: 7/13/2005 9:49:43 PM
@ dragon

in other words, ur not the one for me.

and i think that before it ever gets to the point of having to let someone go, i think we know if someone isnt up to ur standards.

but ur right!
 DragonRed
Msg: 41
Posted: 7/13/2005 10:21:40 PM
Yes...I think He was just trying to let Her Know In a Nice way........................
 sweetiie
Msg: 42
Posted: 7/14/2005 2:23:58 AM
It means hes just not into you!!!!!

There is a book on the market that talks about this,,,when a guy does say it's me not you..It is his polite way of saying its over etc..Finished....

When someone is into you, you don't have to guess or wonder.. it just is there the chemistry, passion, caring, etc. I really believe we are a society of people who thinks about ourselves and many will find themselves alone in life maybe till they pass on....I do not think we were really meant to be alone in life...

Its good to have someone you can lean on for support not finacially... but emotionally, physically etc....They do say 2 is better than one in life...

Humans are meant to love we live longer when there is love......

Sometimes I think this is why men and women get scared to have relationships that are healthy and genuine,, simply becuse they really don't know is this person for real or am I wasting mine time???
Especially if one has been in a few failed relationships...
I'm a lover not a fighter..LOL so what do I know....I personally like to smile and be happy..yaaaay!!!!

There is many people out there so move on and be Happy!!!!!!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What does it mean when a guy says it's me not you?