Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > So now what?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Butterfly~Effect
Msg: 26
So now what?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
That is quite the story and situation for all involved....I believe you did all you could at a time.

Good luck to you in your future endeavors!
 Railrunner
Msg: 27
view profile
History
So now what?
Posted: 2/6/2012 7:23:38 PM
Five years ago today. That was when I met Stephanie. Been a rough day to get through.

I still miss her. I feel like there was something that I was supposed to do different, and result in a much different ending.

Anymore, she is living with a man that her uncle set her up with, as he was approved for section 8 housing. This guy, I think his name is Jerry, beats Stephanie on a regular basis, had broken her bones before, and is overall a violent drunk. Couple police buddies of mine used to keep me informed on what was going on with Stephanie, until I told them not to anymore.

Once in a while, I see her and the guy out and about. I suppose it is good that she is getting out of the apartment, but each time I see her, it breaks my heart - her face has bruises, and she looks overall miserable.

Last fall, I was on an early morning bus, the driver is a friend of mine, and knows the situation. I was out on his 6:30 AM departure, and had my supervisor uniform on, as there was a passenger that had been causing a lot of problems, and management would not back the driver up. So the driver asked if I could come along with my uniform that a bunch of the chipped in to get me, and basically stand up front and look like I have authority (I don't, but this works every single time. Heads off a LOT of trouble!). Stephanie and Jerry followed me onto the bus downtown at the terminal. I figured to myself to just ignore it. The driver asked if he needed to put them off, and I told him no.

So after we got rolling, the two start making out! I think they did it to try to get my goat or something. I figured its best to just ignore it. Besides, we were only doing a half-trip. Get to the end of the line, discharge passengers, then head out to a mall, sit for 45 minutes there, then start another route. Usually the driver and I get breakfast at this mall, anyway.

When we got to the end of the line, I turn around, look at them, still making out, and tell them "All out, end of the line". They ignored me. Pulled my ticket punch (Yes, I got one of those too, the official uniform shop issue!), and clanged it against a hand rail. Jerry gives me a look and I repeat myself - "all out, end of the line". He threw a fit, started yelling at me and Stephanie, but finally exited the bus with her. We were about ready to pull away, when he throws her against the side of the vehicle, and called her some rather nasty words. Driver put the bus in park, and called 9-1-1. Cops came, took a statement, and hauled Jerry in.

Few weeks later, they're back together again.

I don't understand it, and it hurts me to think, that for all I did for her, she stays with abusive violent people, rather than those that want to help her. Now, I don't want to change her or anyone else, but I would like to be a positive influence that incites her to evaluate her life somewhat.

I feel depressed tonight. Again, it feels like there should have been something done, that wasn't.
 kasandroid
Msg: 28
view profile
History
So now what?
Posted: 2/7/2012 3:35:21 PM
Yeah you know what you could have done? Called the mental health services. Doesn't sound like Stephanie has the brains or meds to make her own decisions in life............your police buddies could have taken her to the loony bin under the mental health act..........................specially guzzling beer while preggers......................

Furthermore you could look up codependency, cause it's quite clear OP even though you have a heart, you have some issues going on yourself here.

Who gives a fark about trainsets when personal safety and unborn children are at risk?

Thats one thing you learn not to care about growing up in fostercare...material things......................oh and yeah if I can say goodbye to one of my parents at 16 and never see them again (TOO MUCH DRAMA), you can move on from Stephanie Drama as well.

What about the children why did no one step in and take her away when she was guzzling booze and pregnant? How sad, they were probably born with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. Why even give a sh1t now about someone so selfish she poisoned the fetuses growing inside her? She's with her own kind now...............

Betcha she gets a bigger cheque now..............................

IrishEyes02
Msg: 29
view profile
History
So now what?
Posted: 2/9/2012 9:30:50 AM
MOVE! You got too involved in the first place. Police knows about the situation. I'm thinking you like drama in your life......stop crying over something you have no control over.
 ixtlan09
Msg: 30
So now what?
Posted: 2/12/2012 8:40:46 PM
Run, Railrunner, run. Separate yourself from those people as fast as you can.

If you don't, they will suck you into their own little hell and you will never escape.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > So now what?