Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Quebec  > What has happened to this forum? No one comes here anymore?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 hippyhip
Msg: 26
view profile
History
What has happened to this forum? No one comes here anymore?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
No problem, and welcome!

No one moved anything, the post is still here...hope it survives....lol

Messages this shor may not be posted..........blah blah blah.....filling space for it to be deemed long enough and qualify for a post....lol
 Commonsens
Msg: 27
What has happened to this forum? No one comes here anymore?
Posted: 1/30/2010 11:01:29 AM
Yup it has moved Hippyhip:

It was first posted in "Relationship" (the most popular section)
and then moved to "off topic" (where almost no one goes)
 Commonsens
Msg: 28
Posted: 1/31/2010 10:40:09 AM
Whould you loo at that:

The thread was deleted by Markus! what a surprise!

Shows a lot about the guy.

Edit: oups, didn't notice you post in the other thread who mentionned that fact, justrying
 TravelingLight
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/31/2010 12:58:32 PM

Edit: oups, didn't notice you post in the other thread who mentioned that fact, justrying

I almost thought it had been deleted! (it's ok! )
 hippyhip
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2010 7:08:56 PM
I have no clue what thread and deletion you people are talking about at all....yes totally clueless...I still see all the posts here on this thread...

Threads are not deleted by the owner, but by overzealous Moderators who don't treat everyone equal, and yes some are bullies in the way they chide posters..
 TravelingLight
Msg: 31
Posted: 1/31/2010 7:18:43 PM
We're talking about a thread that was about the new requirement to post your income, or you wouldn't have access to all the functionalities of POF.
They were going to match you with people of similar income.
But a lot of people questioned the motive behind the move of making it practically necessary.

A lot of people protested. The admin posted a few things but didn't give satisfactory answers. The thread reached hundreds of responses. Then yesterday, suddenly, the thread disappeared.

The admin probably had it with the protest. Protest which seemed understandable and never got to my knowledge a satisfactory answer.
 YoungFry
Msg: 32
Posted: 2/13/2010 3:38:53 PM
Um, the contests not being open to QC residents is due to government regulations made by QC, not Canada. It has nothing to do with language or race.

And yes, an Anglophone Albertan running a private site has every right to refuse French or any other language on his site. It's his toy; if he doesn't want to share it, it's his call, not yours or mine. QC refuses to provide even government services in English, even in places like Montreal teeming with Anglophone Canadians, immigrants, and international students. Can't we even have a dating service purely in Anglais?
 Anticosti
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2010 11:02:13 AM
Votre débat est très insturctif! Bravo! Je vais voir maintenant dans combien de temps je vais me faire bannir....
 Commonsens
Msg: 34
Posted: 2/25/2010 5:19:53 PM
QC refuses to provide even government services in English, even in places like Montreal teeming with Anglophone Canadians, immigrants, and international students

Youngfry, what you said is pure and complete LIES and you know it:
http://www.gouv.qc.ca/portail/quebec/pgs/commun/?lang=en WOW! Gov of Quebec in ENGLISH...How contradictory to what you say!
Call them, does English press 2 is told and answered? YES!
Gotcha you Racist LIAR.
Am not even born in this country, so I do not have any "sides" to take, but I do see that I spend 95% of my time speaking only in English! I go to stores, and before I even open my mouth am greeted in English..says it all! When I hear on the speaker at Montreal General Hospital (where I used to work) "We need a French translator" at the emergency.....hum..you where saying? Those are facts. Do I care? nope, not really (except the hospital, that is unacceptable)..but when I hear racist BS like yours..I turn me red of rage.

I have spent the past 2 weeks closely surveying the "general" forums, most specifically the most popular section (relationship), Yes it is vastly dominated (85-95%) by americans, and yes it is the most psychotic of all of the others sections (mmmhh... is there a relation between the two? insert sarcasm here); making the Quebec (and all Canadians sections for that matter) plain almost boring! So another reason why no one venture here also, not even me!

Come on! this site is rigged for the US: why do you think you are by default in US dominated forum and need to do extra steps to be in Canadian forums, and some more in your own province...

Come on, let's admit it here: to see how screwed up our neighbors are (in every way) make us feel better to be "non" Americans!
(Hum...that might all change if that "buy american protocole" is signed by harper...we become instantly the 52nd state...we are the us, resistance is futile, you will be assimilated...unless you are a third world country and defenseless, then we send in the army with a nice story and speech.)

Rofl!

Oups...am going way off topic here....
 Suju
Msg: 35
Posted: 3/1/2010 3:22:30 PM
StillSearching & Polmolive. To answer your question about certain changes made to the forums. POF used to have threads dealing with religion and others dealing with USA, Canadian, and International politics. These no longer exist. I wasn't reading the forums as much when the changes happened so I'm afraid I can't answer why they vanished.

Sorry it took a while to get back to you... been keeping busy. ;-)
 TravelingLight
Msg: 36
Posted: 3/1/2010 4:31:23 PM
Thanks!

Sorry it took a while to get back to you... been keeping busy. ;-)

busy, hey? lucky you!!!
 bernie2g
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2012 3:45:22 PM
I don't know for "QUEBEC" but in "FRANCE " you have a message from me, !! welcome from "Britain " in front of "Atlantic See "about 100 kms from "BREST" !! bye , and why not , tomorrow , same hour :00h45m(gmt+1)-6h for you !! ok?? bye !
Show ALL Forums  > Quebec  > What has happened to this forum? No one comes here anymore?