Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why do men like women to wear dresses/skirts?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 pitufina_77
Msg: 251
view profile
History
Why do men like women to wear dresses/skirts?Page 11 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)

Here is a tip girls - if you want a man - wear a dress - we are simple creatures - we like ém

Now a question: what lenght is nice, and when does it become inappropriate?

I once wore a dress with a lenth half way through my thight, about 4-5 inches above the knee. My father reprimanded me as he found it inappropriate for a woman my age...

I'm all for wearing a dress to a date, but what would be counter effective in a man's eyes?
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 252
Why do men like women to wear dresses/skirts?
Posted: 8/2/2010 5:07:22 AM
I like just barely above the knee and below...
Of course I like the short ones too but THEN we get into the sex thought VS feminine thing.
 B Agnew
Msg: 253
Posted: 8/2/2010 3:33:37 PM
me i think women look much nicer in a skirt or dress
 cuteblkm33
Msg: 254
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2014 8:35:21 PM
Everywhere I go in the 'normal everyday world' I see women in skirts/dresses, but on this site I find most women I encounter don't like wearing them which doesn't seem normal to me. I don't want to presume ladies here don't like looking feminine in that way, but since I want the lady I'm with to enjoy wearing skirts/dresses - for herself as well as me, I now won't meet ladies for romantic possibilities who don't wear them. I like skirts worn in both casual and dressy ways, everything from heels to boots and even athletic shoes and flip-flops look good with skirts to me (I've heard complaints about skirts and flip-flops). Ladies are just sexier and more attractive in skirts, feminine looking women are a turn-on. A long-time guilty pleasure is watching the ladies on the Jerry Springer show fighting and acting crazy wearing dresses and skirts, most all of them wearing dresses now compared to years ago when just occasional ladies did before the show developed it's legacy for the fighting. The producers have realized the strong erotic appeal of women in skirts and dresses, doing anything! If all those women on the show were wearing jeans or pants doing the same things I wouldn't even watch, that's how powerfully sexy the appeal of women in skirts and dresses is for me.
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 255
Posted: 2/18/2014 8:54:55 PM
I love dresses and skirts, and I think I look pretty good in them as well. :-)
 Szaszaspasz
Msg: 256
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2014 7:06:41 AM
I know most men like women to wear dresses and skirts (with high heels, if possible).

They do make most women feel and look more feminine.

I'm an oddball and don't feel comfortable at all in a dress or a skirt. I don't even own either.

It's just my comfort zone to prefer pants.

Also my job and lifestyle make it impractical to wear a skirt or dress.

To each their own.

I like my legs individually wrapped.
 Princess12524
Msg: 257
Posted: 2/19/2014 2:17:26 PM
I wear skirts & dresses all the time...in the winter w/ boots...I wear the length appropriate for my age (mid-50's) & it doesn't need to be a mini to be sexy or feminine.

I think most men in my age category appreciate skirts/dresses on a woman.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 258
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2014 3:34:43 AM
I dont care why, I love them too.

I think ( esp on a first date) It shows respect for the guy, I FEEL prettier also and it shows.
Men like legs, men like feminine ( in general).

I like a collared shirt, add a jacket and bow chicka bow- wow.
I dont expect it all the time, but I think the "trick" is to change things up with both sexes.

I have never quite understood the obsession with black tights/stockings.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I agree they are sexy.

It's not always what you wear, but how you wear it, how if flatters you.
If you feel ridiculous in a dress, don't wear them, but have feminine tops and nice jeans, not tattered (unless going fishing).

If your legs are tree trunks, dont show much of them.
Show your great shoulders, a bit of cleavage or small waist instead.
Don't show legs and cleavage at the same time.
 chill78
Msg: 259
Posted: 2/20/2014 6:35:02 AM
The answer is simple for me. A nice sundress can make a woman look more attractive. It won't turn a woman that I consider to be a "2" in terms of looks to a "10". LOL. But it can turn a "5" into a "7".
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 260
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2014 2:53:43 AM

Because it is feminine. Men like feminine women. Why do women like manly men doing manly stuff? Because it's masculine and they like masculine men. Also it's easier to get your hand up her skirt than down her pants there's more room to maneuver :)

^^^^^^Even if you dont put a *hand* up the skirt, the thought is still there that you could..
I have seen quite a few mens profiles that state" IF you dont own a dress..blah blah blah".

A nice sundress can make a woman look more attractive.

I think it also can be a bit like what men call butch hair, esp after a certain age.( wearing pants/jeans ALL the time)
I dont mean it has to be long , just not cropped like a barber would do it with no fringe, style or swish to it. It's very harsh looking on a lot of women.
Nothing to run fingers through.
The swish of hair and a dress when walking, moving..I think its part of the fun/sexiness of being female .
It applies to all ages.

Even a man that wears a suit to work daily which is hot, can get old ,show me that TCB side with some tools once in a while.
 Ainen
Msg: 261
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2014 7:18:04 AM
Msg 254: beware some of those catfights on Jerry Springer. I've heard many of the "women" on that show are trannies!
 perre62
Msg: 262
Posted: 2/22/2014 12:20:37 PM
Nothing better than an evening out, with a lady in a LBD!
 cuteblkm33
Msg: 263
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2014 1:06:34 AM
Ainen: You may be one of those people who get fooled by tranny men in dresses and think they're women, but not me. I am too keenly aware of all the physical traits of women to be fooled, men are not women - period. Most of the tranny men look like totally disgusting freak shows, but some of the men in dresses look better as women than they ever did as men. Could this mean feminine women in dresses are the most attractive people overall, even more appealing than attractive men? I suppose that depends on who you ask.

The show also has tranny women who dress like men and fool their straight girlfriends. Those women were ugly as women and are even uglier as men, no I don't find any of those things interesting - just feminine-looking women in skirts and dresses.
 that_ol_lady
Msg: 264
Posted: 2/24/2014 10:06:11 AM
too keep it short an to the point...because it is easy access pull them panties down or pull em to the side an slide in,,so to speak..

an to get a great view of the legs an ass an if the dress is short enough you can get a view of when she sits down an crosses her legs the aka Sharon Stone basic instinct view..
 VolcanoKing
Msg: 265
Posted: 2/24/2014 10:33:35 AM
As a girl I HATED dresses, I used to wear shorts under them because they made me feel vulnerable when I was playing, climbing trees, etc. They came to represent something that kept me from doing what I wanted to do with complete freedom.

As an adult I never wear dresses, mostly because it is very hard to find anything I like that actually fits. Plus, just walking thru the lingerie dept....it's like walking thru a straight jacket store..the contraptions women are expected to wear over every part of her body just to fit into a dress...yuck.

But still. I totally get why dresses are sexy. I may not be a big fan, but if I can understand why it's nice to see a man dressed nicely with a jacket, tie, and heck..a fedora would be great!!!-I can certainly see why dresses are just as nice.

It's funny, even wearing something a little revealing puts men in a good mood...a low cut tank top, tight pants...they may not look you in the eyes right away but you'll get a big smile! :D
 sigungq
Msg: 266
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2014 2:56:54 PM
OP, why do women like men to dress in suits?
 Princess12524
Msg: 267
Posted: 2/24/2014 3:06:07 PM
In the last 3-4 years I can count on one hand how many times I wore slacks/jeans! Pants feel like they never fit me right, or they pull up on my crotch, bag on the back of my waist, etc. I feel so comfy in skirts, the only fit criteria for me is it goes around my waist, so my hips just glide under the fabric, there is no pulling at the crotch. I've had plenty of denim skirts for CASUAL (daily) wear & soft/fleecey fabrics for a more dressy look & cool cotton for the hot weather. Sundresses too for the summer. In the winter, boots & if really cold, tights or leggings underneath.

I NEVER get yeast infections either ;0)

Cotton panties sans any jeans covering "her" up keeps for a healthy "environment"!
 BabblingBrookes
Msg: 268
Posted: 2/24/2014 5:28:44 PM
I loathe pants. The only time I wear them is when I'm at home and they're made of flannel. Frankly, it's a lot easier to go to the restroom when you're wearing a dress. Of course, this benefit is nulled when you have to wear pantyhose for certain dresses. GRRRRRRR. Pantyhose are OF THE DEVIL.

In regards to the OP's question, I can only provide answers that I've been given by guys. They saw it as feminine, and as they are attracted to girls, the more of a girl you seem to be...the more attracted they are to you.
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 269
Posted: 2/24/2014 5:33:21 PM

I NEVER get yeast infections either.

I think diet Dr Pepper just sprayed out of my nose from laughing.....Ok Princess....TMI, TMI, TMI. Hahahahaha. ;)
===
Personally, I am a jeans gal, jeans in the morning, jeans at night. Dress up, dress down. I'm always comfortable wearing jeans. I don't have any issues with jeans pulling at my crotch. If I did, I'd yank the material forward and to the left or right. And, I haven't had any yeast infections either......could that be....because I don't wear undies? Just kidding, I wear them....sometimes. Oh, sorry. TMI.....
I think women can look really feminine wearing fitted jeans, high heels/sandals and a cute top. In my opinion, it's all about WHO is wearing the item in question.
===
However, I will wear a skirt on an as needed basis and shoes to match. :)
 sunnydaysss
Msg: 270
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2014 4:41:42 AM
Hi there op, probably something in it, if I go out in jeans and hair up (invisible) if I have my hair down and a dress, im noticed..cant believe it boils down to long hair and a dress but does.
 OutMind
Msg: 271
Posted: 2/25/2014 10:52:39 AM

could that be....because I don't wear undies? Just kidding, I wear them....sometimes. Oh, sorry. TMI.....

I am sincerely trying to kick my addiction to the forums, but ladies, you keep making that even more difficult. ;-)
 BelleVintage
Msg: 272
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2014 11:29:48 AM
Wow, I never knew men wanted us to wear anything, what a surprise.
 OutMind
Msg: 273
Posted: 2/25/2014 1:54:10 PM

Wow, I never knew men wanted us to wear anything, what a surprise.

You kidding me right? Men love to unwrap the package. We love the idea of a woman not wearing any underwear. Or wearing something super hot. Actually I like both, dresses, jeans. Even the idea of not taking everything off, but rather remove the minimum so it feels like we are doing something naughty in public.
 ouija2013
Msg: 274
Posted: 2/25/2014 2:05:31 PM
I always read the title as Men who like to wear dresses/skirts
Then I go wow a lot of cross dressers
 BelleVintage
Msg: 275
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2014 2:50:50 PM
Outmind,

Whenever I asked my ex "does this look good on me?", he would say "yeah, but it'll look even better in a corner all wrinkled up on the floor", LMAO

One time I sent him a picture of a dress and there was a mirror behind me. He said "your a$$ looks great", he was looking at the mirror behind me, instead of the front of the dress. I didn't even notice the mirror until he said that.

He bought me clothes while he was in another country (don't know he figured my exact dimensions), I tried it on, and it fit like it was made for me by a tailor. The outfit was on me for about 45 minutes tops.

Any sexy outfit I wore was torn off, ripped, snapped, never to be worn again. I gave him a survey from cosmopolitan magazine, and one of his answers was "birthday suit".

So Outmind, I'm not buying the unwrapping story, it came off too soon for me to know if he even liked it, lol. I was super cold in the room. Boyfriend #1 and #2 were almost the same. I guess there are days designated to men having an appreciation for what a woman wears, I just haven't discovered which day in the calendar that is :-(
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why do men like women to wear dresses/skirts?