Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why do men like women to wear dresses/skirts?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 soliebtdielerche
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Why do men like women to wear dresses/skirts?Page 2 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
Legs. In Victorian times you weren't allowed to say "legs" because it was feared the very mention of the word would get a man aroused. Now you know. And knowing is half the battle.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 27
Why do men like women to wear dresses/skirts?
Posted: 1/6/2010 7:56:44 PM
I wear dresses a lot because they are more flattering to my figure. I also find them less binding and less constricting than pants. Also, if I am going to wear certain shoes for the way they look, why cover them up with pants?

There are women I know whom I have never seen in dresses, so it also sets those of us who wear dresses somewhat apart. Other women look uncomfortable in dresses or they wear dresses that aren't flattering, so maybe they don't feel at their best.

But as to why men like dresses . . . I am not a man, but I asked my ex SO why men liked dresses so much and the shorter the better, and he answered much like guys on this thread answered: legs.

I asked if shorts had the same appeal and he said, "No." When a woman wears a short dress and bends over or even moves, there is the chance that "something" will be revealed, but that won't happen in shorts.
 savepolarbears
Msg: 28
Posted: 1/6/2010 8:03:26 PM
a chance for "something" revealed lol
my mystery solved! Thank you for sharing Gwendolyn. :)
 onefishwilldo
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/6/2010 8:05:30 PM
What's the matter TheReason? you're a pig and can't handle when a woman call you a pig? Grow up?
 TheReason_
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2010 8:44:34 PM
What's the matter TheReason? you're a pig and can't handle when a woman call you a pig? Grow up?

It's interesting that you say I can't handle being called a pig, when I never answered one way or the other when it comes to why a man has a preference as to whether a woman wears a skirt or not. The pig reference does not apply to me specifically, other than being included in your sweeping generalization of calling all men pigs.

I basically called you a man hating woman of questionable sexual orientation, who also could use some English lessons.

Perhaps add some comprehension lessons to the list, as well.
 -Darkfall+
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2010 8:52:39 PM
This topic has to be voted one of the dumbest in the last 60 days.

Why do men like women to wear skirts/dresses? Hmmm...maybe one day man will have an answer for you.

This is one of those "which way did he go George, which way did he go" type of topics.

Where is the homer facepalm emoticon when you need it?
 oohlala21
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2010 8:58:49 PM
If it's so obvious Bloodline Christian, then why not just answer? Surely that would have used up fewer words than telling me why this is a dumb topic.

I asked if shorts had the same appeal

Good question.
 -Darkfall+
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2010 9:05:25 PM

If it's so obvious Bloodline Christian, then why not just answer? Surely that would have used up fewer words than telling me why this is a dumb topic.

[copy and paste]

Hmmm...maybe one day man will have an answer for you.

I can't answer. I already said one day man will "hopefully" have your answer.

How's come women like a man who is built and nothing but solid muscle? My God, I should start a topic about that....no way they could ever even fathom an answer for that!
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 34
Posted: 1/6/2010 10:07:25 PM

my mystery solved! Thank you for sharing Gwendolyn. :)

Unique--I try!

In my opinion it's always been a really long black evening dress that's fairly form fitting, revealing nothing or maybe just the back if it's backless.

cw35, I can certainly understand that, but man, wearing those long black evening dresses to school and to Wal-Mart take a toll on a woman. :)

This topic has to be voted one of the dumbest in the last 60 days.

Why do men like women to wear skirts/dresses? Hmmm...maybe one day man will have an answer for you.

This is one of those "which way did he go George, which way did he go" type of topics.

Where is the homer facepalm emoticon when you need it?

What a totally kind, Christian thing for you to say, Bloodline.
 spicynicegirl
Msg: 35
Posted: 1/6/2010 10:16:02 PM
Well I'm not very tall so I definitely look better in jeans and shorts, tank tops and fitted t.shirts. I seem to get lost in dresses and skirts............
 barbee1970
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2010 10:45:09 PM
So they can look up them--beware of camera phones.
Like they say easy access to get lucky
 Annie Was Here
Msg: 37
Posted: 1/6/2010 10:46:14 PM

But what is it that goes through a man's mind when he sees a girl in a dress,

He is thinking that it is easy to flip the back up and have a quickie.
 *Bulldog*
Msg: 38
Posted: 1/6/2010 11:38:44 PM
It should be mentioned that dresses need not be short... Guys would largely still prefer a girl in a long dress to a pair of jeans. It's more feminine, more flattering, more.. mysterious.

Men are attracted by differences: clothes, preferences, personality, makeup (typically), nurturing. Do you think we want to date another guy with female genitalia? That would wear us out.. quick!
 BornCrossEyed
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2010 11:47:49 PM

But what is it that goes through a man's mind when he sees a girl in a dress

Sex.
 BigDaddyJinx
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2010 12:21:25 AM

But what is it that goes through a man's mind when he sees a girl in a dress, that would cause him to react differently than if she'd just worn a cute top, causing him to compliment her or tell her she should wear them more often? I'm just curious, that's all.

This is easy for me...

- dresses are purely feminine (who wants to date a "butch" really?)
- dresses and/or skirts show off some leg
- dresses can be easily hiked up or unzipped to hit the floor for a quickie

This is hardly rocket science. lol
 Rarebird76
Msg: 41
Posted: 1/7/2010 12:22:19 AM

Whenever I go on a date I wear skirt with split on both sides or split on the front because my legs is better looking than my face..
SCHWEET!

OMG I'm such a pig!!!! *whips self*
 Aisfor_Amanda
Msg: 42
Posted: 1/7/2010 12:23:27 AM

who wants to date a "butch" really?

Well....that means I'm out. I don't wear dresses or skirts. They aren't flattering on me. My legs are too muscular to be able to wear skirts. Guess I'll stick to being butch.
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2010 1:26:13 AM

Men see them as ... Easy access to her but and the shorter the easier. Men are pigs!

I presume this is a joke, otherwise that's a bloody offensive thing to say.

I like women in dresses, jeans and shorts, and the women I've been involved with have loved wearing dresses, especially in Summer.

Women have many more options to express themselves than men do.

Maybe you should be associating with a better class of men?

I presume the forum administrators are taking the day off? I thought direct attacks were not allowed? Please leave your hostility at the door, Reason gave you no cause to attack him like that.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 44
Posted: 1/7/2010 2:58:51 AM
Personally I like women in dresses because they look more feminine...I'm not talking about short dresses either...a nice sundress or a June Cleaver dress is HOT! While we're at it put some curl in the hair and some mild heels and...YUM! Business skirts are a close second! Anything a woman does to be feminine without being slutty works for me.

I've always thought I was born in the wrong decade! I still think men should have short hair and tuck in their shirts...
 ICMUD
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2010 3:43:31 AM
because if there not nice looking you can pull the dress up over her head and tie it in a knot and u only see what u want to see..
 ICMUD
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2010 3:49:34 AM

Men see them as ... Easy access to her but and the shorter the easier. Men are pigs!

oh lookies here, we have another man hater come to battle..

you are what men call a two bagger, 1 for your head and 1 for his in case yours falls off..
 ICMUD
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2010 4:16:53 AM

icmud: Did you read her profile? All she seems to care about are looks if you read it. Who's the pig again? Pot meet kettle. lol.

your pic looks like u just came from the blue oyster bar
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 48
Posted: 1/7/2010 4:32:20 AM
icmud...you're such an @ss I LIKE you man! You made me laugh out loud...Damn!

This thread IS attracting the man haters though! WE must all be pigs looking for something easy! We must all be shallow too! OR...perhaps it just appears that way to the women who hate on the HOT chicks and the men who like them???
 WinstonDoubtfire
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2010 5:43:07 AM
I like my wimmenz in skirts because I like leg action.

What's wrong with that?
 elitemind
Msg: 50
Posted: 1/7/2010 5:50:29 AM

I love my life

Who needs a woman when you have forums.

Cw It seems to me like every forum I read that you're in You are battling with someone, Not saying it's a bad thing it actually cracks me up alot, and often I actually agree with what you say.

For someone to comment on someone else picture when they have 1 picture up themselves and aren't exactly "eye candy" themselves is just stupid.

Also onefishwilldo
I'm surprised you don't have a swarm of men coming after you now, you seem like such a nice charming woman

Legs are sexy, depending on the woman.

Personally If I had to chose I would pick tight blue jeans over a skirt or dress.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why do men like women to wear dresses/skirts?