Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why do men like women to wear dresses/skirts?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 76
Why do men like women to wear dresses/skirts?Page 4 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
I read icmud's history and I really do think hes being funny...very sarcastic and caustic, but still funny.
I do agree that this isn't the place...still though, he makes me laugh 'cuz he always chimes in at the right time when the thread starts to bore..he gets in there and kicks it up and gets peoples blood boiling.

I CAN have it both ways...I can agree with HIM that he made a funny point and I can agree with YOU that this isn't the place!

I'd love to have a few beers with the guy...it's a good thing I don't drink much 'cuz I think most of it would be coming out of my nose though!

Let he who is beautiful cast aspersions on the looks of others. So, you find it amusing to make fun of other people for how they look? What's next? Let's make fun of those with disabilities? How about people with mental handicaps? They are less able to defend themselves.

Well...Carlos Mencia makes me laugh too so...yeah
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Why do men like women to wear dresses/skirts?
Posted: 1/7/2010 4:55:06 PM
i'm surprised an innocent topic like skirts could bring out this level of enmity.
 Super_Eve
Msg: 78
Posted: 1/7/2010 5:08:04 PM
i'm surprised an innocent topic like skirts could bring out this level of enmity.

Especially since, there are women who have stated that they like to wear skirts, and men who have stated that they like women, who like to wear skirts...

panties are an option for this pig!!!!

oink oink!!!!

Stop looking up my fuking skirt!
 IdiotLuckBox
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2010 5:08:08 PM
i like girls in skirts, more so than dresses for the most part, unless they are a sundress, which is only one letter away from undress

i also like jeans

do i love women, or hate them?

someone let me know
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 80
Posted: 1/7/2010 5:16:48 PM
cw35, yes I think your pics when viewed together DO look very metro, no offense, but they do in my opinion. ...and shirtless pics are a violation!

...so are turtlenecks! lol! I'm kidding! lighten up!

Are you suggesting my pictures look metro too? Well, considering that my pictures are horrible and I usually look like a thug or worse in pictures...I guess I'll take that as a compliment.

As for you getting suspended for fighting ...my only reference is this thread, which to me shows that you're very sensitive and instead of coming back with a jab you come back with swear words and are very upset.

Perhaps if you had told icmud that women respond better to a metro gentleman than a bicycle mechanic who looks like he bullies children (he might have liked that comeback)....or you could have snapped at me telling me I look like I can lift numbers heavier than I can count. I wouldn't be offended...I KNOW what I look like and the perception people get of me just going on looks. I know I'm smart so it wouldn't bother me. I doubt icmud would be offended either...I doubt he bullies little kids ( He MIGHT pull the wings off butterflies though! lol!)

...we've already determined that there's no call for personal attacks.............

So anyway ....chill brother

Bring on the skirts!...oh wait, us guys are all pigs...OFF with the skirts!
 Passionate Gent
Msg: 81
Posted: 1/7/2010 5:22:49 PM
Wait a minute, are we to assume you go on all your dates wearing jeans?
I have a strong feeling that when your men friends start taking you to some of those highfalutin- classier venues , you'll start mixing up your wardrobe.
 Greyfeld
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2010 5:34:16 PM

Men see them as ... Easy access to her but and the shorter the easier. Men are pigs!

And now we know why you're single.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 83
Posted: 1/7/2010 5:43:03 PM

I think your pics when viewed together DO look very metro,

What the bloody hell does his pictures have to do with women and skirts???

As for you getting suspended for fighting ...my only reference is this thread, which to me shows that you're very sensitive and instead of coming back with a jab you come back with swear words and are very upset.

I have been suspended twice from forums and was told if it happens again, I am off the forums for good. While my life doesn't revolve around POF forums and I would manage to collect myself and go on, I enjoy posting here. As a result, I am careful what I say and especially, how I say it. I imagine that cw35 feels the same way and sometimes walks softly in order to keep from offending the mods, not the other posters.

I doubt icmud would be offended either..

In my experience, I have found that often people who "dish it out" can't take it. They develop a caustic, biting tongue in order to protect themselves.
 Aisfor_Amanda
Msg: 84
Posted: 1/7/2010 5:49:36 PM

Yes I do. I wear them for work too. Working, dating, hanging out.

I have a strong feeling that when your men friends start taking you to some of those highfalutin- classier venues , you'll start mixing up your wardrobe.

Nope. I can wear nice dress pants if needed. I tend to avoid those types of places because of how snotty they are
 Greyfeld
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2010 5:58:15 PM
Nope. I can wear nice dress pants if needed. I tend to avoid those types of places because of how snotty they are

Not to be rude or anything, but isn't that a bit of a assumption? I mean honestly, how many 5-star restaurants have you actually been to?

Hell, I think it's almost too expensive when I go to Applebees...
 Aisfor_Amanda
Msg: 86
Posted: 1/7/2010 6:00:47 PM

Not to be rude or anything, but isn't that a bit of a assumption?

No

I mean honestly, how many 5-star restaurants have you actually been to?

Hell, I think it's almost too expensive when I go to Applebees...

Quite a few, actually. Expensive food...if you can really call it food. Snotty attitude (and at this time I WAS wearing a dress), boring atmosphere.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 87
Posted: 1/7/2010 6:06:03 PM
Ummm hello! His pics have nothing to do with women wearing skirts other than the fact that he asked me specifically by name if I thought his pics looked metro.

As for people using insulting humor to protect themselves...true in most cases, I DOUBT it in icmuds case...I think he can handle himself and take a few jabs without getting bent out of shape....

....SOOOOO, back to the skirts!
AllAmerican, I dated a girl who thought just like you....I even asked her to dress up for me...she looked hot in a dress! The only time she DID was when she realized I was heading out the door (figuratively)...it was too late though, I was out the door.
Her general attitude was too casual and tom boyish for me...if I'm spending a couple bills on dinner, you better dress up! I myself was in a nice shirt, tie, slacks and polished boots (black cowboy boots.).

I have yet to se a woman...any woman NOT look BETTER in a dress than they do in jeans! I think MOST guys will agree...the women who disagree tend to have an image or motivation issue....I think.

I'll challenge any woman on here to post their BEST picture of them wearing jeans/slacks and also their best EFFORT in a dress and let us vote!
 Aisfor_Amanda
Msg: 88
Posted: 1/7/2010 6:08:00 PM
if I'm spending a couple bills on dinner, you better dress up! I myself was in a nice shirt, tie, slacks and polished boots (black cowboy boots.).

No guy dishes out any bills for dinner. I pay for my own. And if the guy I'm seeing is headed for the door because I don't wear a dress/ skirt...buy bye. I won't miss him.

I have yet to se a woman...any woman NOT look BETTER in a dress than they do in jeans! I think MOST guys will agree...the women who disagree tend to have an image or motivation issue....I think.

I don't own a dress or skirt. Nor would I allow a pic to be taken of me in one. I DO NOT look good in a dress or skirt.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 89
Posted: 1/7/2010 6:15:54 PM

No guy dishes out any bills for dinner. I pay for my own. And if the guy I'm seeing is headed for the door because I don't wear a dress/ skirt...buy bye. I won't miss him.
I don't own a dress or skirt. Nor would I allow a pic to be taken of me in one. I DO NOT look good in a dress or skirt.

Yeah...okay...good luck with that dear!

I'm getting the picture from your attitude that perhaps you might be better suited to finding a lady friend to go to dinner with...perhaps one wearing Berkenstocks and a chain wallet.
 Aisfor_Amanda
Msg: 90
Posted: 1/7/2010 6:17:25 PM

Yeah...okay...good luck with that dear!

I'm getting the picture from your attitude that perhaps you might be better suited to finding a lady friend to go to dinner with...perhaps one wearing Berkenstocks and a chain wallet

Ah of course. And here we are back to the bashing when someone has different views than what you have. Yeah...I'm not a lesbian. Glad to see that's the only card you have to play. I am not hurting in the dating arena, buddy boy. But keep thinking that.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 91
Posted: 1/7/2010 6:23:46 PM
Who said ANYTHING about being lesbian???? I'm simply suggesting going to dinner with someone as opposed to dressing feminine as you are. I'll BET if you did put on a dress most men and women here would say the dress looks better than the jeans....not necessarily GOOD, but better!
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 92
Posted: 1/7/2010 6:30:56 PM

His pics have nothing to do with women wearing skirts other than the fact that he asked me specifically by name if I thought his pics looked metro.

Dear goddess, do I have to explain everything? I was referring to the first post by icmud as well as the subsequent posts.

Who said ANYTHING about being lesbian????

You didn't have to say it: it was implicit in what you said.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 93
Posted: 1/7/2010 6:59:33 PM
There are plenty of women who wear Birkenstocks and chain wallets who aren't lesbian! Let's see....Biker chicks, construction chicks, cleaning ladies, restaurant managers, renaissance festival chicks, band camp chicks, goth chicks, comic book chicks, skater chicks girls who can't get dates and yes...lesbians. Don't push your stereotypes on me though.

Oh, and it doesn't mean that ALL of those types of people WEAR them either.

SOOOOOOO....Back to the DRESSES! anyone want to take me up on the bet?
 savepolarbears
Msg: 94
Posted: 1/7/2010 7:53:19 PM
I just thank God my life doesn't have to do anything with some of the guys here lol
 chinua1
Msg: 95
Posted: 1/7/2010 8:09:19 PM
I like men in kilts
 voshie
Msg: 96
Posted: 1/7/2010 8:54:12 PM
i'm appalled to see some of my own gender down other women for wanting to wear a dress and feel feminine as opposed to wearing those utilitarian pants out there...i may be equal to men, but i dont have to dress like them all the time..bring on the skirts and boots ..i get first dibs!
 oohlala21
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2010 10:19:37 PM

I don't care too much for highfalutin-classy places. Just doesn't mesh with my lifestyle. I like broke-ass musicians and art students -they're good with their hands! (pig alert!)

Also, I apparently look pretty in a dress and I like to wear them sometimes, but I'm no girly-girl. And I like guys who are secure enough in their masculinity to be okay with that (yeah, metro guys are hot) as well as women.

Hope no one's head explodes from the stereotype contradictions

EDIT:
"Kilts," lol, that's great. I do too, actually. Especially on men with nice, muscular legs.
 TravelingLight
Msg: 98
Posted: 1/8/2010 4:44:57 AM

you bet!

And for the record (ladies) I like dresses cause they're feminine, not because I want quickies from the ladeez
 Sibby1981
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2010 5:17:45 AM
A dress is much more feminine, definately gets my vote...as do stockings worn underneath!
 green.apple
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2010 6:06:35 AM

I like men in kilts

So do I.. totally hot.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why do men like women to wear dresses/skirts?