Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why is there a rush to meet people from online chat and e-mails?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 pazoozoo
Msg: 296
view profile
History
Why is there a rush to meet people from online chat and e-mails?Page 13 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
If you don't really enjoy face to face interaction with people, there is no reason at all to rush anything.

After literally years of using the internet to meet people, I have learned there are those who prefer virtual dating, parties, friends, etc.. They don't honestly want a real, live person in their space.

On the other hand, if you enjoy being with and around people, arrange a meeting fairly soon. Too many frauds to waste lots of time with emails and phone conversation.
 artist_48
Msg: 297
Why is there a rush to meet people from online chat and e-mails?
Posted: 6/24/2010 9:36:31 AM
People are different. As for myself, I'm am very visual and I value the written word.
After a number of emails where I have a good sense of who they are initially, I like to talk on the phone and go with the flow. If there's interest, we will meet when the time is right. I go with my gut on it.
I don't understand why you are placing such issues on safety. Meet in a public place- leave in the public eye. If you really have interest in someone, tell them what info you would feel comfortable knowing before you meet and check it out. If they are open they won't have an issue with it.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 298
Posted: 6/24/2010 11:54:21 AM

Well a guy from out of state told me he is afraid of dying alone after 2 e mails he wants to meet.....
4 states away now..One half real conversation centered mostly about his fears and he thinks I am this and that.

The other was.."Did you sleep well"? WTF?????????????????????????????????

Maybe he is dying soon.
 prettypictures
Msg: 299
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2010 2:31:38 PM
Take a phone and a friend to the meeting, with a safety exit if he turns out to be a nutter

Got to go for it sometime girl, go on jump next time - just remember all the safety codes and you might meet Mr Right

EDIT: and the one who blocked you - his choice (talk about desperado):lol:
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why is there a rush to meet people from online chat and e-mails?