Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Phone calls before meeting      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 recreator611
Msg: 51
Phone calls before meetingPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
So whats the big deal....have a cp of what-ever and see if its something ya wanna take any further...if not ya mighta met a good friend.....
 cinnarose
Msg: 52
Phone calls before meeting
Posted: 9/1/2011 9:56:13 AM
If you haven't met in person yet, chances are 50-50.
 voschi
Msg: 53
Posted: 9/1/2011 8:01:42 PM
chemistry in person is a crap shoot...no matter if you've spoken by phone or text by any amount of time. when you meet in person you're having to get to know the person all over because phone and text are just snippets of someone's life and devoid of the trappings of everyday life where you'd normally see body language and hear voice inflections...online dating is a misnomer as this really is just a way to break the ice..nothing more...be a good sleuth..ask lots of questions..if he gets upset move on as anyone looking for anything real should expect to be asked in detail about their life since you dont encounter him in everyday life to have any kind of backstory on this man...
 tween2mountainsWV
Msg: 54
Posted: 9/6/2011 7:52:57 PM
Meet him!
The sooner the better. I have a problem with chatting forever and then nothing, no phone calls , no meetings. I have been a member on and off for 3 years. Twice I deleted my account. Thinking Id give POF a brake and wait for some new guys in my area. Problem is when I return, I find the same guys. And they don't even update the photo. 3 years sitting at a computer every night, for hours upon time. Chat, Chat, Chat. What a waste. Give's meaning to the words "so much cooler online" Life is to short, met the man. And I hope it works out for you, good luck!
 Giggles10000
Msg: 55
Posted: 9/6/2011 8:02:14 PM
If you meet and you don't like him you can always leave and then call and talk to him :P

Seriously, if you invest your emotions before you meet you risk lying to yourself about the person...you risk having built him up to impossible levels he could never attain...

always meet early!
 cin____dy
Msg: 56
Posted: 9/6/2011 9:10:08 PM
It is my experience that Voice does not equal chemistry. A few years ago I liked a guy on the phone, but when we would see each other in person, it was aweful. We lived in different states so a lot of time would go between seeing each other. Phone was great but then again when I would see him it was aweful.
Have had the opposite too, when I was really attracted to someone in person but his voice on the phone was aweful? Guess it is always a challenge either way.
 Simon4567
Msg: 57
Posted: 9/6/2011 10:54:47 PM

Okay so when you have good rapport with someone on the phone, does it ever work out? I've been talking to a guy for a couple of weeks & find his voice very sexy. What are the chances of chemistry in person working?

It depends on if they look like Sloth from Goonies or Jason (without the mask).
 drumsafrican
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2011 10:14:55 PM
Don't spend a long time just getting to know someone on the phone. The reason is that when you meet, someone can be very different. Just have one long conversation and then meet in person.

Judith
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Phone calls before meeting