Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Teabagger's - a grassroots movement or just more astroturf ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Swamp_Hunter
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Teabagger's - a grassroots movement or just more astroturf ?Page 5 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

It's All the Tea Party's Fault
By Michelle Malkin
February 19, 2010

Remember "Not Me"? He was the famous invisible cartoon gremlin in the newspaper comic strip "The Family Circus." Whenever toys were left on the floor or other school-age disasters struck, the kids in the comic pointed their fingers at "Not Me." Today, "Tea Party" is the juvenile left's new "Not Me" -- an all-purpose scapegoat for every crime and disaster.

On Thursday morning, a disturbed pilot flew a small plane into an Austin, Texas, office complex that contained an Internal Revenue Service office. Several workers in the building were injured, and Joseph Andrew Stack, the pilot, was killed in the crash. Local authorities suspect he set his house on fire -- from which his wife and daughter escaped -- before taking off on his deadly journey. Investigators found a Web posting, identified as Stack's "suicide manifesto," in which he railed against tax laws, inequity, government and crony capitalism. He also targeted "puppet" George W. Bush, murderous health care insurers and the pharmaceutical industry.

The "manifesto" ended:

The communist creed: From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.

The capitalist creed: From each according to his gullibility, to each according to his greed.

This nutball had deadly grudges that transcended partisan lines. But within minutes of the story breaking, a furious left-wing blogger at the popular Daily Kos website -- where countless Democratic leaders have guest-posted -- fumed: "Teabagger terrorist attack on IRS building." The article immediately cast blame on the anti-tax Tea Party movement: "After months of threats on the United States government, and government institutions, the Anti-Government forces known as the teabaggers have struck with their first 911 (sic) inspired terrorist attack."

At the eponymous mega-website of Arianna Huffington, a 2,000-plus comment thread was filled with allusions to "teabaggers":

I would bet he has a membership card to teabag nation and the Glenn Beck fan club!

Tea bag bomb.

Good to see natural selection still works! Tea party Unite!

This guy sounds just like a teabagger.

Oh please. This has tea bags dripping all over it.

I hope teabaggers are proud!! ... Great opening day for CPAC (the Conservative Political Action Conference) isn't it??

This guy sounds like a Tea Partier first class! Maybe that movement is more DANGEROUS to our freedoms than they let on! Be afraid America, BE VERY AFRAID!

He was a Tea Party Terrorist.

In the early aftermath of the suicidal pilot's attack, there was no evidence that Stack belonged to a Tea Party organization. In any case, no law-abiding Tea Party group would ever condone what he did. But it didn't stop the haters from immediately smearing advocates of limited government. And it's just the latest in a long line of calculated attempts to paint the vast majority of peaceful Tea Party activists as terrorist threats to civil society.

This week, absurd liberal pundits and bloggers also tried to connect the tragic University of Alabama-Huntsville murders to the Tea Party movement. No matter that the alleged killer, Amy Bishop, was an Obama-worshiping academic who repeatedly got a soft-on-crime pass. Or that Democratic Rep. William Delahunt of Massachusetts was the former prosecutor involved in dropping charges against Bishop in the deadly shooting of her teenage brother. Or that liberal-dominated campus officials apparently looked the other way in response to Bishop's several red-flag flashes of violence leading up to the U of A shootings.

Tea Party-bashers claimed that the murders were a manifestation of racist conservative influence on the American landscape. Reuters Foundation Fellow Jonathan Curiel picked up the theme: "The 'results' that the Tea Party movement envisions include less government -- and less of Obama."

Curiel bemoaned the rejection of a post-racial society by tying together the Alabama massacre and the rise of the Tea Party movement more explicitly. Proof of anti-Obama bigotry, he wrote, could be found in "last week's shooting in Alabama, where a disgruntled white professor murdered three minority professors; and the growing success of the Tea Party movement, which is overwhelmingly white and increasing (sic) vocal in its violent dislike of the nation's first black president."

The same warped worldview blamed Tea Party conservatives for Kentucky census worker Bill Sparkman's insurance-scam-inspired suicide and for Holocaust Museum shooter James Von Brunn's rampage (despite his published rants against Fox News).

The smear merchants, of course, are simply following Rahm Emanuel's advice to exploit every crisis. Pointing fingers at the Tea Party gremlin demonizes the left's most potent political opponents. This is the blame-gamers' ultimate agenda: criminalizing dissent.
 MrLove45
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Teabagger's - a grassroots movement or just more astroturf ?
Posted: 2/19/2010 2:06:57 PM
and the growing success of the Tea Party movement

what sucess? more like mounting comedy....like the more sara palin is taking advantage of her 15 minutes of fame, Tina Fey has got to loving it.....the same can be said for the tea party and the democrat's prospect of holding serve too....
 jed456
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2010 2:10:44 PM
While I have no reason to believe that this man had any connection to the tea party.What do you expect being a political consultant? you get unfounded claims from left and right blogger's every single day on a myriad of issues.As for Michelle Malkin she is an attack dog for the right so this is no big surprise.As there are attack dog's on the left.It was interesting to see the john birch society having a booth at c pac.hmmm

<div class='quote'>Mainstream Republicans, such as William F. Buckley, Jr. and Russell Kirk, grew increasingly unhappy with the society after Welch circulated a letter calling President Dwight D. Eisenhower a possible "conscious, dedicated agent of the Communist Conspiracy.

Its an interesting conservative party going on these days.Its the red scare folk's hide your children the godless commies are here.IMHO these people want to return to the 1950's the leave it to beaver days.It was a wonderful time if you were a white person.Of course if you were African American or a women you might feel differently.
 jack-d-ripper
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2010 2:22:05 PM

The John Birch'ers are Co Sponsors not just a Booth.... CPAC

The GOP now can admit Ike was a Commie............

jed456
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2010 2:41:36 PM

The John Birch'ers are Co Sponsors not just a Booth.... CPAC

Thank you Yes I omitted that fact.I really do not understand this line of thinking at all.
 frankster_p
Msg: 106
Posted: 2/20/2010 1:05:31 AM
The game of trying to call Nazism left or right is mostly just trying to play "pin the swastika" on liberals or conservatives rather than correctly analyze it's place in an historical context and live with the results one way or the other.

Finally, we agree on something !
I would however , point out, there are many policies and agendas (in our current political system), that come a lot closer to resembling "Nazism"than the other.
------
Really only seems to happen in the us of a. Everywhere else it is seen as the far right.
All too weird.
 Swamp_Hunter
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2010 6:21:20 AM
what sucess? more like mounting comedy....

What success?

Mounting comedy?

Well - I'm sure all the democrats were just laughing hysterically the night a "Tea Bagging Redneck" in an old pickup truck took TED KENNEDY'S US Senate seat!

mungojoe
Msg: 108
Posted: 2/20/2010 8:40:28 AM

What success?

Mounting comedy?

Absolutely... what could be funnier than this one-liner as the teabagging "measure of success"...

Well - I'm sure all the democrats were just laughing hysterically the night a "Tea Bagging Redneck" in an old pickup truck took TED KENNEDY'S US Senate seat!

Couldn't beat the man... but hey, they managed to out-poll his ghost...

Next they'll be crowing about the gorgeous babe they 'seduced'... after she died...
 Ghost Reader
Msg: 109
Posted: 2/20/2010 11:00:51 AM

The 1969 Chappaquiddick incident resulted in the death of automobile passenger Mary Jo Kopechne; Kennedy pleaded guilty to leaving the scene of an accident, and the incident significantly damaged his chances of ever becoming President of the United States.

Speaking of "Ghosts" , and dead gorgeous babe's...
 mungojoe
Msg: 110
Posted: 2/20/2010 11:32:41 AM

Speaking of "Ghosts" , and dead gorgeous babe's...

A day late and a dollar short...

The reference wasn't accidental... You didn't see Ted publicly crowing about 'nailing' a dead body... unlike the 'proud teabaggers'...

But keep trying... one day you'll catch-up... though I'll probably be too dead to notice...
 Ghost Reader
Msg: 111
Posted: 2/20/2010 11:44:10 AM
No , much like "Slick willy" at a draft board, nobody saw "Ted" at the scene of the accident either !
(must resist temptation of comparing "Marilyn Monroe" to "Monica", "Monica" was one of the few Democrat "Sex toy's" , fortunate enough to walk away.)
 frankster_p
Msg: 112
Posted: 2/20/2010 1:33:39 PM
Did not George W Bush's Wifey get away with killing someone in an Automobile accident?
Is that an urban legend?
Or is that being connected and rich and a political family?

Cheers
F.P.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2010 1:44:45 PM
Laura ran over an ex-boyfriend. Not an urban legend. But it's almost as stupid to bring up as Chappaquidick. In fact, the only reason to mention it is when some dough head mentions the latter incident.
 themadfiddler
Msg: 114
Posted: 2/20/2010 1:45:33 PM
No it happened alright, when she was 17. But like Ted Kennedy's accident, it's equally irrelevant... but a good example of something that could be used as a picador's lance to a partisan. Snopes.com has the lowdown. Human error and careless driving.
 itechman63
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2010 12:34:47 PM
I'm really having a hard time with anything really distinguishing anything different about this so-called movement from the GOP as it is. A label for groups that may share one belief in common out of scores of beliefs in total.... less taxes and small government. But you have your Conservatives whose beliefs are aligned more closely with Libertarians, those that want low taxes but also want incredible military spending and foreign policy based on interventionism/interloping, and then your Palinistas that want low taxes, military spending, and to legislate morality and political correctness. Tea Party Movement is just a new name for Republicans and those Republicans that don't realize they're Libertarians.
 jack-d-ripper
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2010 3:20:24 PM

I'm really having a hard time with anything really distinguishing anything different about this so-called movement from the GOP...

I was under impression most Tea Party functions were scheduled around the Early Bird special at Denny's.....?

fissionfusion
Msg: 117
Posted: 2/24/2010 4:18:51 AM
I don't think the Dems have any idea what they are doing. independants are the largest voting BLOC in the United States, and those are the people doing the Tea Parties, which is largely an anti-tax movement (Obama's new tax hikes don't exactly coincide with their anti-tax ideals). November is going to be a painful month...
 one eyed jacks
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2010 6:59:56 AM

I don't think the Dems have any idea what they are doing. independants are the largest voting BLOC in the United States, and those are the people doing the Tea Parties, which is largely an anti-tax movement (Obama's new tax hikes don't exactly coincide with their anti-tax ideals).

What tax hikes? Did your taxes go up?

"We passed without, frankly, the help of the Republican caucus, we passed 25 tax cuts last year, mostly aimed at the middle class and small businesses," Axelrod said.

In all, tax cuts amounted to about a third of the cost of the $862 billion stimulus over the next decade. The biggest ticket tax cut was the first one on the list, the Making Work Pay tax cut that is expected to cost the government about $116 billion over two years. Interestingly, the White House did not include the Alternative Minimum Tax patch, which has been extended annually for years. But that accounted for another $70 billion for one year. Together, those two items account for the lion's share of the tax cuts in the stimulus.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2010/feb/02/david-axelrod/axelrod-claims-democrats-passed-25-tax-cuts-last-y/

All those teabaggers haven't got a freaking clue what they are protesting. Taxes have gone down for 95% of working families.
 fissionfusion
Msg: 119
Posted: 2/24/2010 7:59:16 AM
Uh, yes they have. My medicare and SS taxes per month have doubled this year to $314 and $409 respectively, per month (does not include state or federal tax).

Making Work Pay is useless for servicemembers. It will be useless until we get out of the military and have to file taxes for non-government jobs.

This time last year I was seeing around $4,210 a month after all is said and done. Even with a raise, and an extra year in service, I'm only seeing around $4,110~ this fiscal year. I lose more than 1/3th of my paycheck to the government already. Not sure why they give us a raise when they just tax us harder...atleast I know when I get out (if) I won't owe any taxes for like 5 years...lol.
 one eyed jacks
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2010 4:37:11 PM

Uh, yes they have. My medicare and SS taxes per month have doubled this year to $314 and $409 respectively, per month (does not include state or federal tax).

I have no clue why you are being deducted double this year on your SS and medicare taxes but according to this site the tax rates for that have not changed.

The Social Security tax withheld from employees during the year 2010 will be 6.2% of the first $106,800 of each employee’s taxable earnings. The employee’s earnings in excess of $106,800 are not subject to the Social Security tax. In addition to the Social Security tax, the entire amount of each employees’ taxable earnings is subject to the Medicare tax of 1.45%.

Both the Social Security tax and the Medicare tax must be matched by the employer. This means the employer must remit to the federal government 12.4% of each employee’s first $106,800 of taxable earnings plus 2.9% of each employee’s earnings regardless of amount.

http://blog.accountingcoach.com/social-security-tax-rate-2010/

As for the Making Work Pay being useless for you, it doesn't mean its useless for everyone else. The fact of that matter is as I said before, taxes for 95% of working families have gone down.

So just what the heck are all those teabaggers protesting?
 MrLove45
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2010 4:46:17 PM
sounds to me like this is another case of fabrication by someone who's aligned themselves lock,stock and barrel to the right...it wouldn't matter what President Obama and the dems do for this poor unfortunate soul ....hell they could eradicate world hunger, national and personal debt, establish world peace but the likes of fission fussion, killene and the few others would still find fault or just make stuff up just to oppose and support their obstructionist republican hero's on the right fighting the president and the american way of life every step of the way....
 jack-d-ripper
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2010 5:03:02 PM

I have no clue why you are being deducted double this year on your SS and medicare taxes but according to this site the tax rates for that have not changed.

The withholdings have not changed Medicare and FICA......... The rates are set.

Imported_labor
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2010 3:22:08 AM

sounds to me like this is another case of fabrication by someone who's aligned themselves lock,stock and barrel to the right...it wouldn't matter what President Obama and the dems do for this poor unfortunate soul ....

I agree! By the figures that he is showing it looks like his gross monthly pay is about $6,600

If I was that young and my government was paying me that kind of money to wear a uniform, I would at least shut up.

Many of us have labored for 40 years and are lucky to have earned a bit more than $4,000 gross pay per month.
 jack-d-ripper
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2010 7:32:28 AM

Sadly this how the Koch/Armey Plan works.....The only way a persons FICA and Medicare will double is when you doubled income.....until you reach the max over $100k...
If you Earn $150 Million this year and only Earned $100 Million your FICA paid is unchanged..

Another problem... How much you Pay in taxes NOT how much is withheld...
Do you owe or receive a refund EOYear?

Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2011 2:55:52 PM
This was originally posted Jan of 2010. Thought I'd dredge this up now that a few states have elected Tea Party Governors since. Whaddya' think, states like Ohio, Wisconsin,Michigan, Florida, New Jersey?? Michigan is working on a recall ballot for their Tea Party Gov. and here in Ohio Toxic worker legislation enacted by Gov. Kasich is up for a vote this Nov. .The petition to make this possible got 1.5 million signatures just to get this legislation put to the ballot.

So, now that some states have had a taste of the Tea Parties brand of politics what do you think? I think they need to go and they're the worst thing to happen to working people in Ohio in years.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Teabagger's - a grassroots movement or just more astroturf ?