Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Would it really be possible for humanity to be falling back to the st      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Innadiated®
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Would it really be possible for humanity to be falling back to the stone age and, if so, how?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
LOL

Hard to argue with that logic, however.. they also had the hardest time keeping their lunch money.
 kissmyasthma
Msg: 27
Would it really be possible for humanity to be falling back to the stone age and, if so, how?
Posted: 1/31/2010 4:50:25 PM
They always had a back up lunch of pb and j in the hiding spot.
 Innadiated®
Msg: 28
view profile
History
 Innadiated®
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Would it really be possible for humanity to be falling back to the stone age and, if so, how?
Posted: 2/1/2010 2:52:54 PM
Direct link to the group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=app_2373072738&ref=nf&gid=276821204421
 Taztiger72
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2010 9:48:24 PM
Yeah, 80% of women are all wanting and expecting 6'0" Men and all others are Midgets in there books!

Sex in the 21st Century is totally Stone Age:

The 6'0" man can have harems of 10-20 women at his disposal - while the majority of men like in the stone age - were just workers!
 Innadiated®
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2010 11:40:39 PM
^ LOL, interesting take on the subject.
 itsallinthesoul
Msg: 32
Posted: 2/2/2010 6:48:56 AM
If you examine our history, you will see that we don't seem to actually learn much from it since we often repeat it. There are times when I have faith in humanity and other times when I simply don't.

For a species capable of so much intelligence, we are collectively stupid.

At some point I am sure someone in power will be that stupid to fire off a nuclear bomb at someone who will return fire and the planet will be altered significantly...if global warming doesn't get us first. That "mother nature" has systems in place that we do know of on a smaller scale to renew itself (think worms and compost), why we are so arrogant not to believe on a grander scale that the Earth just might find a way to stop us from killing it. Gotta see all these super storms and natural disasters......could those be our warnings? Why isn't it entirely possible that some folks were right in their belief that the earth upon which we live is a living thing to be respected and cared for not systematically poisened and destroyed by greedy little humans?

What would life be like after that? Well, if we are lucky enough to survive it, I can imagine that life will not be the same for a very long time. I can do a lot of things but there is very little I can do with energy (like electricity/fuel). I suppose I could, assuming the books were still around and I could find them, figure out how to reinvent electricity for myself if all those with the knowledge died. Would I though? Of course I would because I'm human and by design I seem doomed to repeat history or am I?

It may take a few hundred/perhaps thousand years to get back to where we were just before the "big one" whatever that is but we would and then well....what do you think would happen? Look at our history...if nothing changes, nothing changes.
 wicked_desires
Msg: 33
Posted: 2/2/2010 7:14:01 AM
Yes no problem at all.
There are some who dont preclude the possibility that this hasnt already happened, and apply a cyclic criteria to this rise and fall/golden age of mankind.

There are various end times scenarios which may or may not play out - some of these scenarios mentioned on wiki doomsday event page.

I myself expect to be raptured before the hellfire, brimstone and shoe apocalypse
 kissmyasthma
Msg: 34
Posted: 2/2/2010 1:01:56 PM
We have a great possibility of entering a new dark age, many of the basic survival skills are lost on many when it comes to water, food, fire and self defence.
If we lost electricity, chaos would be rampant.

A little hokey but if you can find it online try to watch a film called earth 2100.
It is a worst case scenario about the life of a woman born in 2009, produced by ABC (yeah I know) but on the website there are many links that speak to many of the factors that could cause collapse.
 Paul K
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2010 1:07:21 PM
Cool!!!!

To the 80% of the women of the world.............

Thanks!!

Paul K
 coveredinpaint
Msg: 36
Posted: 2/2/2010 1:16:53 PM
It'd be cool to see what future generations thought of the remnants of our civilization. They would see all of this complex technology, albeit in disarray, but not really have any context for it. I wonder if they would come to understand it intuitively as a former society that went extinct, or if they'd come up with some supernatural explanation for it that is completely fictitious.
 Teddymunch
Msg: 37
Posted: 2/2/2010 1:23:33 PM
Like a television being a "Magic mirror". An jet/airplane being a "Dragon"...
 VoidDancer
Msg: 38
Posted: 2/2/2010 5:56:06 PM
I don’t recommend all the Project Camelot interviews.

I do recommend “Klaus Dona, spiritual archaeologist.” He is being very honest and ethical, working strictly, with proven facts and no theories at all. Just puzzle pieces and what is known from them. He covers some artifacts from an Ancient civilization, which existed before the Great Flood. Indications of sunken continents, the existence of 25 to 30 foot giants and a one worldwide language.

It is almost 2 hours …
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSmkcn1hJWI&feature=player_embedded

The earliest it could be is 12,000. Could be more. He says that everything is gone in a few thousand years, except for stone artifacts. Then we have some things in places where they get preserved.

Klaus Dona does give a possible idea as to how long evidence from our current civilization would last, should we self-destruct. All that would remain 12 to 30,000 years after may be just a few random artifacts. Except, stone artifacts can last for millions of years.

In another sense, more and more evidence of an ancient civilization is being found. The underwater city just found via satellite in the Caribbean. They suspect it could predate Egypt. Then the pyramids in Bosnia with at least one pyramid more than twice the size of Egypt. You can find the Bosnia pyramids on youtube.

I have come upon lots of accounts of the Great Flood and they are worldwide. Oceans coming over the mountains, the moon stopped in the sky for 3 days and on and on they go. There are many worldwide sources that mention a very technological civilization existed on this planet. Plato says Atlantis sank beneath the sea in 48 hours … Talk about a Tsunami or two or three or more.

Maybe?? the answer to the question lies in the past...

EnJoy … Love and Peace
 Taztiger72
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2010 10:36:58 PM
Well, women today want to live like lionesses and pack up with the LION - so there are a lot of loose men around. Meanwhile there are a FEW LIONS around with multiple women and anything goes with the pack as long as there are no Beta Lions or Omega Lions around.

Some say this is instinct - some say it's a preference - maybe it's the end of civilization and we have collectives of people at the dawn of civilization:

Chief - he runs, controls the group, and reproduces.

Women - the Chief has them all and reproduces with all of them.

Beta Men - Drones and do all the work, do not have women.

Omega Males - out in the countryside surviving because the collective will not have them be part of it.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Would it really be possible for humanity to be falling back to the stone age and, if so, how?