Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Terrell Owens does it again      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dennyden
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Terrell Owens does it againPage 5 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
even off the field in public, adds or subtracts to ones great record.

true, but by this logic then l.t. shouldnt have got into the hall of fame , same with m. irvin! i respect the fact of what u see as greatness, we may differ on that point a little bit, not a whole alot but some, but t.o. is going to the hall of fame, even with him being a crappy teammmate, now like u i wonder how much better he could have been if he put the team first
 unclecharles
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Terrell Owens does it again
Posted: 3/19/2010 10:16:16 AM
Mr Owen's 'gifts' is recorded in the nfl stat books as he will be a first ballot hall of famer. His other 'gifts' as a celebrity is well recorded even to the dismay of espn and other jealous people. Crybaby? nah, sure he got emotional in trying to defend that weak link romo quarterback of his ( can you believe romo cost the cowboys a playoff game singlehandedly in Seattle : Romo's botched hold grounds Cowboys, lifts Seahawks ... 21-20, in one of the crazier games in NFL playoff history & I believe a 3 int performance in 2008's NFC: New York Giants 21, Dallas Cowboys 17) and yet Mr Owen's the bad guy? We need major overhauling in the media and in particular some diversity as sports media and republican radio has overly saturated and misrepresented certain players while pacifying the farves,p mannings when they dont produce.... I know some may not agree but it's the cold, hard, truth of the matter....
 JackDiamond312
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2010 10:38:52 AM
Sorry, but there is no cold hard truth on here.... only opinion.

You for one are focusing on politics and Romo, rather than TO's career. His performance (crybaby performance) started before he even ended up in Dallas, it follows him, he may mature out of it, hope he does!!! but this is yet to be seen.

And this is not cold hard truth.... It's only my opinion!
 unclecharles
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2010 11:11:00 AM
Oh yes it is the cold hard truth and based on your sudden quickness to deny it only futher testify to false framing of certain people in the media by its irresponsible and corrupt people currently in control of the media....
Of course I can understand why someone like you would be quick to defend it sense it is represented by people who think and look like you. You have been given a steady diet of one sided reporting and now since that wasn't enough now the media wants to be the story and things are further skewed....

can you honestly say that if it had been Micheal Vick instead of Ben Rothlisberger that we would be having 24/7 converage of the story as well as a media trial already with a verdict as well as that fink of a commissioner roger goodell already jumping the gun.
can you honestly say that Lovie Smith or Coach Tomlin would have got the same treatment as the raiders Cable by the league as well as the media....
can you honestly say that if any minority quarterback would have been given the same treatment by the media like farve has been and everytime they would play a game that they would have ignored his 'drug addiction'? I think not!

so yea since they wanna brand TO the badguy your so quick to follow their lead....He's a nfl player and not applying for some fake position that demands to be liked by everybody,especially the hypocritical, racist media heads
 dennyden
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2010 1:22:40 PM
^^^ oh there it is, the good old race card!!! i think owens id a first ballot hall of famer and i look like jack( as in iam white) but that doesnt mean that i like owens as a person nor would i want him on my team. yes he is a celeberity, then again so is paris hilton, lord knows she is a moran as well.. aslo about vick, he did it , he admitted it and went to jail for it so i dont see the point that u are making. also about the min. qb thing, well i remember alot of people rushing to mcnabbs side when rush said what he said on espn, do u not remember that?? we see owens in the media, as in we see and hear his actions and words, dont know how gets getting one side of the story, please explain!! the media didnt cut t.o., the teams he played for did, i guess the media was behind that as well right? so i guess teams are more worried about staying good with the "hypocritical, racist media heads " then winning games or superbowls right? is that what u are telling us? also about the raiders, well didnt the raiders fire a coach like a month or 2 into the season, oh wait wasnt the coach white? so again i dont see ur point about cable and the raiders. ur right he is a nfl player but what u fail to see is he still needs an employer, and thats a nfl team!!! last point where did u learn about farves addiction, oh wait the media. wow funny how that works. iam not a big fan of the media but to lay blame on them for owens acting like a moran is just well lets just say odd,lol. u should really start talking to mr.love on here, he likes to blame the media for everything as well...
 JackDiamond312
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2010 3:48:44 PM
Hey Charles, this has nothing to do with TO color, or anything else, He is one of many players as of late that don't show they are thankful for the gift they were given, like Denny says, he will probably be in the HoF, he has the stats, he has the talent, but his attitude sucks in my opinion. Same as Roethlisberger, I don't watch ESPN or follow the news, I have caught a few things, I just watch the games and follow the teams I like.

Look, I was a college wide receiver, 6'4" and ran a 4.4 40... but that was back in the mid to late 70's. I only mention this because people like TO are given a great gift, I was given that gift, I didn't even finish college because of personal problems at home, but all that means is I understand what it takes to get where TO got, he blew it.

My opinion of TO is only my personal opinion based on what I have seen how he has blown his opportunity. But lots of guys do. They come into the pros still as kids for the most part and some make mistakes. This thread is about TO, not someone else, this is why I say how I feel about what I believe TO has done to hurt his legacy, now will it keep him out of the HoF, probably not, but he could have done things different, same with me, same as a lot of people.

But to make this thread about politics, or racial or anything else is what I was saying to you earlier... It's your assumption.

I don't base my opinion on the things you watch or on your belief... we both have our own views based on our own reasons. Nether is based on 100% truth, we do not know everything.
 MrLove45
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2010 4:46:40 PM
I feel you Jack, but like I mentioned previously Mr Owen's stats speak for themselves and are more than enough to get him into the HOF on the first ballot. Thank goodness the players are the one voting and not fickle/or misinformed fans that base their opinons on some players based on how the media portrays them. Oh he's not a good guy? Nevermind the fact he's never been arrested, work extensively with charity but since he dont kiss the media's behind he's labeled a bad guy.
Well Denny it seems to me like you and Jack or worlds apart. He seems pretty openminded and you my friend are you standard sheep regergitating the same ole stuff, but hey its your opinion and we all have an opinion
 broncsbuff
Msg: 108
Posted: 3/22/2010 2:32:22 AM

Nevermind the fact he's never been arrested,

reminds me of Chris Rock. Anybody who has to yell from the rooftops that they do things that normal people do is just a moron...

"I take care of my kids"....(your suppose to)
"I have never been to jail"...(your not suppose to go to jail)

he dont kiss the media's behind he's labeled a bad guy

your talking about a guy who had the media over at his house while he was doing his abs making a huge joke of it. T.O. uses the media to his advantage, then turns around and blames it for anything that goes wrong. He puts himself in the media, he loves himself.

I think he is a first ballot hall of famer. I also think he is a horrible teammate.
 MrLove45
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2010 11:31:48 AM
he's a first ballot hall of famer , played at an all pro level his entire career....so you think he's a horrible teammate? So which team did you play with Mr Owens on? Was it the Bills,Cowboys,Eagles, 49ers, UT Chattanooga? or are you simply spouting what the talking heads with an agenda controlling the media has fed you?
 JackDiamond312
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2010 11:52:13 AM
Mrlove, I know and can understand why you like TO. But people can see for themselves what TO is all about, just by watching him on the sideline. A basketball coach (I won't mention names) was fired for hitting a player and throwing chairs across the court. You don't need the media to point that out.

You can see when TO had issues with his team mates. You can see on the sidelines what effect he had on his team when he was at Philly especially. You can't play together if your offense can't sit together on the sideline, TO was always pissed off and walking the sideline talking cr@ap about the QB and Coaches. OK, always is harsh, but enough to know he wasn't happy and was being selfish.

People can have a different view than you, and it doesn't have to come by what others in the media think. I agree you can't let the media think for you, but I also think you have to let others have there own opinion, as their opinion. Not as followers of talking heads.

People disagree, so many times in these forums I'm accused by those I disagree with that I'm bias because of one thing or another, and I have no idea who they are talking about. People can form their own opinions, just because it sounds like someone else's, doesn't mean they are not thinking for themselves.

And this is simply my opinion, only mine.

This is the forums, people speaking what they think, disagreeing is a given, but why not allow that other person as much right to their understanding of something as we do ourselves.
 broncsbuff
Msg: 111
Posted: 3/22/2010 6:14:33 PM

or are you simply spouting what the talking heads with an agenda controlling the media has fed you?

Calling Jeff Garcia gay
Calling out Donovan Mcnabb at the superbowl
Calling out Tony Romo
Saying the Eagles would be better off with Favre than Mcnabb
Making 7.5 million, said he needed a new contract because he needs to feed his family
this is after ONE YEAR of the contract.

Your right...the media makes T.O. look so bad....
 MrLove45
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2010 6:43:48 PM
and he had a valid point on all of those quarterbacks (except Garcia)& getting fair market value for an all pro reciever of his calibre....
 broncsbuff
Msg: 113
Posted: 3/22/2010 7:02:32 PM
your missing the point...

whether its valid or not, you dont call out your teammates public...you take it behind closed doors...
 dennyden
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2010 6:08:31 AM
Well Denny it seems to me like you and Jack or worlds apart. He seems pretty openminded and you my friend are you standard sheep regergitating the same ole stuff, but hey its your opinion and we all have an opinion

yeah we must be worlds apart, we both think t.o. is a hall of famer, i am just a little qiucker to say that he is a first ballot hall of famer then jack but at the end of the day we both agree that he his a hall of famer, wow thats worlds apart right? then again i wouldnt exspect for you not to be off base,lol
 big pacific
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2010 6:27:26 AM

and he had a valid point on all of those quarterbacks (except Garcia)& getting fair market value for an all pro reciever of his calibre....

And this after a diatribe about spin of the media? Give your head a shake and look at the facts of what he's done and don't try to justify it. He get's criticized because of his actions, not because of some conspiracy to hate on athletes for whatever reason you have in your head.
 dennyden
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2010 9:58:20 AM
he's a first ballot hall of famer , played at an all pro level his entire career....so you think he's a horrible teammate? So which team did you play with Mr Owens on? Was it the Bills,Cowboys,Eagles, 49ers, UT Chattanooga? or are you simply spouting what the talking heads with an agenda controlling the media has fed you

well mr love this is a intresting point u make, well let me ask u the same question about farve and manning, u say they are just media darling and thats why they are so well liked, well what teams did u play with either of them on, none right? well maybe if u would have played with either of these guys maybe u could/would respect them more then u do. so if u have never played pro or college ball where are u getting ur info from? oh wait ur just telling us ur OPINON!!! well my freind thats all any one else is doing on here just stating there opinions, there not just repeating what the media heads fed them. if that logic is true and u have never played with any of these players either then again how do u form ur conclusions?? also u blast about farve so much, well wasnt it t.o. himself that said the eagles would be better off with farve then they would mcnabb as the qb, wow thats odd the guy the you claim is the victim of the media says the same things as the media, thats odd isnt it??????? so if the media is just a bunch of like minded people why would they not embrace t.o. for his comments about the " media darling" that u claim farve to be, again just another example of ur media agrument not really making sense,lol
 JackDiamond312
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2010 10:28:13 AM
Like I said before, unfortunately I don't watch too much of the sports media. And I'm not sure if you are talking about the same guys who cover the games, you know, ex players and coaches. Most are in the hall of fame and/or Super bowl winners.

But I would think these guys would know a little more about things than we would.

But in saying that, everyone has their own opinion. Based on what ever view they have on things they have seen. Sure, those views can be corrupt by not getting accurate information. But, who is to say one's info is better than another's. I would think that those closer to the game, would have better insight. Their like's or dislike's of players must be rooted in something.

Let's take Tiger for example, He gave an interview, I watched it, I determined for myself how sincere he was, those that analyzed him afterward, had no baring on what I saw for my self, they thought he is a phony, well, I didn't see it that way and I'm giving the guy the benefit of the doubt.
 MrLove45
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2010 1:17:17 PM
no dennyden your the one that's not making any sense as once again your weak attempt to use part of one comment to rationalize your trying to put words in my mouth for a completely different topic...and thus you are worlds apart from most in here with your thinking and warp opinions.

I feel you on Tiger as he's another prime example of a media lynching and I do hope the young man lands on his feet and resume his career as well as enjoy his life.
I sure would like to have been his pr/agent. I would have told everyone to kiss my behind, divorced my wife( never would have got married in the first place and if I did I would have signed a prenupt) stop using the word love until I really understood it, would have rivaled Hugh Hefner with my private life....
 dennyden
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2010 1:23:45 PM
no bro, iam just pointing out the fact when someone else said he was a bad teammate , u asked him what team did he play with him on, then i simply asked what team did u play with manning or farve on? seems logical to me. then again i dont exspect u to get it, with all of ur double standards and all,lol. i think u are the one worlds apart, its just u and one other person blaming the media in this sports forum,lol
 adj78
Msg: 120
Posted: 3/23/2010 8:55:12 PM
rice had rich gannon in oakland who was a two time mvp.
 unclecharles
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2010 12:46:32 PM
but from others trying to make any reasoning out of your spinning denny it all come out as total 'illogic'....
 dennyden
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2010 12:57:12 PM
^^ i guess the fact that i think he is a first ballot hall of famer is " illogic" right? hey i think he is a great wr, but a jerk as a person, thats just my opinion about him but i dont think what i think of him as a person should keep him outta the hall of fame, man am i "illogic" or what??lol
 skoochie
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2010 7:15:10 PM

played at an all pro level his entire career

Really? Where was he last pro bowl? At home watching it.
What about the year before that? At home watching it.
Plain and simple he isn't even in the top four in the AFC this year. Not in the top four in the NFC last year. Why is there a whole thread acting like he is even the best WR in the league right now? There's lots of WR who are better than him. They just haven't played as long as he has so he has higher stats than the current school of WRs. He isn't the Superman that he thinks he is, or some of the posters here think he is. He's a media whore crybaby selfish-centered b1tch.
 dennyden
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2010 8:55:46 AM
^^ listen i agree with what u say about owens as a person but the guy is a hall of famer. no he isnt the best in the game now and to be honest i dont think there was ever a point in his playing days that he was ever the best wr playing, one of yes ( in my opinion) but never the best. but u say"They just haven't played as long as he has so he has higher stats than the current school of WRs" but thats hard to do, thats why is in the top 5 or 10% of all time stats, because its hard to play for a longtime and be productive most of that time. look the jerry rice is the best ever, by a mile but he played 20 years, i mean the last 5 or so wherent really productive but even they helped his stats, again he is the best ever, iam trying to point out a fact about stats. also i wouldnt say rice was among the top 3 or 4 wrs towards the end of his playing days either, its hard for 35 year olds to compete with 23 year olds, the major difference between owens and rice is rice got that fact and owens still denies it, well that and a boat load of class!!!
 unclecharles
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2010 1:51:18 PM
Yes he is skoochie...why of course a tohater as yourself would bring up the fact that as the starting reciever for the buffalo bills in 2009-10 season when Mr Owens was pretty much injured that you would talk as if that represents a normal season for him which of course is absolute bullisht ......

so just incase some young fella came in here and read your misinformation and attacks on one of the best wide reciever in nfl history I feel its my duty to supply the truth and what better way to supply the truth than present Mr Owen's stats :

Wide receiver
Personal information
Date of birth: December 7, 1973 (1973-12-07) (age 36)
Place of birth: Alexander City, Alabama
Height: 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m) Weight: 224 lb (102 kg)
Career information
College: Tennessee-Chattanooga
NFL Draft: 1996 / Round: 3 / Pick: 89
Debuted in 1996 for the San Francisco 49ers

Career history
As player:

San Francisco 49ers (1996–2003)
Philadelphia Eagles (2004–2005)
Dallas Cowboys (2006–2008)
Buffalo Bills (2009)

Roster status: Active
Career highlights and awards
5× All-Pro selection (2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2007)
6× Pro Bowl selection (2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2007)
NFL 2000s All-Decade Team
NFL Records

Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2009
Receptions 1,006
Receiving yards 14,951
Receiving average 14.9
Receiving TDs 144
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Terrell Owens does it again