Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Terrell Owens does it again      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JackDiamond312
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Terrell Owens does it againPage 6 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
What is the argument here? TO will probably make the Hall of Fame, he is about #4 in just about every poll, here is only one.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/330608-the-100-greatest-wide-receivers-in-nfl-history-nos-25-1

The fact is, he has the talent and stats to be in the Hall of Fame.

But, what was the question in this thread? Here it is again for those that don't want to go back and read it.

T.O. started with Steve Young (Hall of Fame), and since has had Jeff Garcia, McNabb and Romo, all Pro Bowl qb's in the years T.O. was on their teams. Admittedly he was exiled to Buffalo last year , but that was his own fault, and there weren't great qb's in Rice's last years in Oakland and Seattle either.

As Chris Carter pointed out just before the Pro Bowl started, TO would be a lot closer if he didn't drop so many passes, either. or throw his qb's under the bus. Chris basically gave it the long version of "you aren't as good as Rice, shut up and play".

So the question is, do you think T.O. is right, or do you agree with Carter?

The answer is, TO doesn't compare to Rice! and it isn't just his attitude, Carter pointed out something else... the dropped balls. You can't argue with facts, stats, and your own eyes.....
 unclecharles
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Terrell Owens does it again
Posted: 3/26/2010 4:07:29 PM
that corporate sellout chris carter dont know what he's talking about....

just like it was mentioned earlier in this thread ....who leads the category for most dropped passes? Jerry Rice...safe to say if your thrown to alot that you drop alot or the passes are thrown horribly to you but the hates want to blame the catcher exclusively....of course I dont label you a hater Mr Diamond but I sure do label CC and a few others in here too
 JackDiamond312
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2010 12:00:38 AM
Hey, I'm not knocking TO's talent, and I don't disagree that all missed catches are the fault of a receiver, but I might be bias that way....

But, I'm not sure I ever saw Jerry Rice complain about the QB, a coach or any other team mates, the guy had great work ethics and it showed.

I think some people would just liked to have seen TO do more with his talent and a little less with his mouth, I'm not saying he is terrible, the worst cry baby, but he really could mature and improve in that stat.

But that's just me.

Perhaps he will turn things around this season? And show how great he is, on the field. We all prefer someone showing us, rather than telling us.
 dennyden
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2010 2:49:44 AM
that corporate sellout chris carter dont know what he's talking about....

well thank god we have someone on here that knows more then a hall of fame wr that ranks 2nd in all time receptions. i guess thats a good thing for us,lol
 unclecharles
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2010 6:55:02 AM
oh great I see denny is taking the words of a drug addicted wide reciever who was so out of control the great motivater Buddy Ryan couldn't do nothing with him as the gospel...well I'm not buying it ....sure carter had a 'come to Jesus moment' and thus the pity/ buttkisser vote to enter the hall of fame and now he's say all the right things the company tells him to.
 dennyden
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2010 8:42:58 AM
^^^ wow i dont know what that for t.o. then if a as you say " drug addict" put up better stats then him,lol. by the way how would the guy with the 2nd or 3rd most ctaches in history not get in the hall of fame, so i guess he didnt need them pity/buttkisser votes after all. look u also point out t.o. stats ( and they are great) but look at carters stats, and u say u needed butkissers votes,lol
 wizardofossington
Msg: 132
Posted: 5/19/2010 1:33:06 PM
I'm beginning to believe no one wants TO on their team....Could it be that TO will sit out this season? Who the hell wants a loud mouth like TO? Maybe this will keep him humble when he realizes that he shouldn't take the NFL for granted.
 justnancy
Msg: 133
Posted: 5/19/2010 5:27:56 PM
Hmmm.... for a pro-bowler, he sure does move from team to team a lot.
Now that we are more than halfway through the off season (we are more than half threw, aren't we???? PLEASE say YES!!!!) TO is still a free agent. .... Hmmmmm....

Last I read Raiders may be interested in him.
 skoochie
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2010 9:01:31 AM
Totally surprising no one is picking up the guy who thinks he's the greatest ever. Wonder if his ego has anything to do with it?
 wizardofossington
Msg: 135
Posted: 7/17/2010 10:24:23 AM

Just this week, Owens appeared on a Boston radio station to promote his TV show. Since he’s currently without an NFL job, he was also asked about his thoughts on possibly joining the Patriots.

“I can go there and take less of a role, take less money and put everything aside and make it work,” Owens said, in part. “I’m available. Coach. Mr. Kraft, I’m available. I can play. I’m in shape.”

I hope this never happens and Belichick should know better to bring a player like TO is nothing more than a cancer in the locker room. I would rather have Galloway come back instead of TO.
 vbxtc
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2010 8:34:08 PM

I would rather have Galloway come back instead of TO.

Galloway has been in camp with the 'Skins this summer. Unlike T.O. he already has a job...and Shanahan has been crystal clear that he wants nothing to do with T.O.

And so as not to stuck by some with the dreaded "hater" label (lol), I do respect T.O.'s on-field desire, I just wish he'd keep it zipped a little more often. Oh, and as to the dropped passes... I once watched the late Sean Taylor turn him into a swivel-headed b*tch one glorious afternoon when he was with Dallas. Two hard shots in the first quarter and Owens dropped everything in sight when he was going over the middle. Too busy looking for runaway safeties. It wasn't the only time I saw that kind of performance from him. It's also something I never saw Rice do, be intimidated.
 MGMLION
Msg: 137
Posted: 7/19/2010 5:39:00 AM
^^^^ In one game he did have 4 Touchdown catches against the SKINS.
 petebelongs
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2010 11:39:46 AM
T.O. to the Rams???

Makes me wonder how Rams Offensive Coordinator Pat Shurmer would feel about that as he was the Eagles QB Coach during the years T.O. was with the Eagles.

Rams Head Coach Steve Spagnuolo was also on the Eagles staff during T.O.s 2 years there, as the linebackers coach.

Would they really want to relive the headache that is T.O.?
 vbxtc
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2010 8:50:04 PM
ESPN is reporting that the Rams are not signing T.O. As soon as a couple of receivers go down during camp someone will sign him. As a player he's still better than most of what's out there.
 justnancy
Msg: 140
Posted: 7/27/2010 1:59:37 PM
That's what I heard too Vbxtc. Rams are no longer interested.

However according to ESPN the Bengals' are interested in him. Espn said that he and Chad Ochocinco are good friends and that Ochocinco is pushing for TO to go to the Bengals. LOL last I checked Bengals have 10 WR's listed on their roster. I know teams haven't made their cuts for the 53 man roster yet, but man that is a lot of WR's. Also Jets have expressed they may be interested in him too and have invited him to attend some of their training camp.
 vbxtc
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2010 4:30:36 PM

LOL last I checked Bengals have 10 WR's listed on their roster.

Make it 11. ESPN is reporting that T.O. just signed with the Bengals for $2 million and $2 million more in incentives.
 wizardofossington
Msg: 142
Posted: 7/27/2010 5:38:41 PM
That's all TO is ever going to be capable of getting....One year deals. Now we got ourselves a circus show with Ocho Cinco and TO.
 vbxtc
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2010 5:40:55 PM

Now we got ourselves a circus show with Ocho Cinco and TO.

Yeah, but we can already see that on VH1...
 wizardofossington
Msg: 144
Posted: 7/27/2010 6:34:31 PM
Like it or not, with the Bengals acquiring TO it just added depth to their receiving squad....If TO can keep his mouth shut.
 justnancy
Msg: 145
Posted: 7/27/2010 7:39:13 PM
$4 Million for 1 year, that ain't bad for an old duffer, (LOL at least an old duffer in the NFL)

I would agree on both fronts Wiz. TO will help the Bengals AND TO needs to keep his mouth CLOSED.

If I owned an NFL team, hmmmm?????... a great, consistent WR or NO big attitude mouth.... for business sake as long as he is a team player, I'd go for the great player!
 MGMLION
Msg: 146
Posted: 7/28/2010 4:03:54 PM

Now we got ourselves a circus show with Ocho Cinco and TO.

Get your popcorn ready.
 justnancy
Msg: 147
Posted: 7/28/2010 4:51:24 PM
Popcorn Popped.... check

Soda poured..... check

Nachos and cheese.... check

Recliner pulled back with side table in place .... check

I'm ready!

(hope we get bathroom breaks)
 newdejavu
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2010 2:18:41 AM

(hope we get bathroom breaks)

Just time your breaks around the commercials, Nancy. You don't want to miss any possible touchdown celebrations of Chad Ochocinco and Terrell ocho uno! Better add Corona to your checklist!
 justnancy
Msg: 149
Posted: 8/2/2010 9:47:45 AM
LOL, Coronas is a good beer. I usually prefer red wine or vodka/cranbury (less filling and better for the heart ) however I like a beer from time to time. I tried Irish Red, just because of the name. It's pretty good!

Amendment to check list:

Irish Red .... Check.
 petebelongs
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2010 6:02:04 AM
Sweet Nancy, have you ever tried to drink a Corona without a piece of fruit (lemon or lime) in it? You might change your opinion of Corona being a good beer!
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Terrell Owens does it again