Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Do you get dizzy after sex?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Chill Pill
Msg: 26
Do you get dizzy after sex?Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
""scared him enough to call his doctor""

Is that a guy thing? I swear! Why do you always have to scare the shyt out of a guy
to get him to call a Doc. Most guys I'll say. I don't get it?

Good. He is scared! I was, when they carted me in to the lab. Boo.

not to mention ( it hurt like hell.)
 ZenBeth
Msg: 27
Do you get dizzy after sex?
Posted: 2/3/2010 8:43:01 PM
More people have some form of dizziness after sex than you know. It can be because we sweat during great sex and are in a prone position some of the time, with men having dizziness more after being on the bottom and having an orgasm which effects blood as well as water balance in the body. Its why some people have a bottle of water next to the bed to sip on during and after sex. Heck some women become so emotionally drained they cry after sex. Doesnt mean anything is wrong.

~Beth~
 TryAgan
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2010 9:19:18 PM

it could be increased blood pressure or reduced oxygen in the blood flow to the brain.

He should get a portable blood pressure monitor, and check his vital stats before and after. Of course, the most telling data would be obtained during the said activity, but any attempt to take those readings would likely result in deflation of at least one part of the experiment.
 rustytraveler
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2010 11:47:15 PM

A friend of mine in late fifties, who still reports having a good libido, is worried about getting dizzy and lightheaded after a romp in hay. Apparently, he doesn't notice anything anything during the act, but the dizziness lasts several hours after the fun has gone. Is this phenomena common at the over 50 age, and should he worry about it?

Oxygen to the brain... or the lack of. Get his carotids checked too and a full physical as mentioned above.

Short term solution... until he croaks happily while doing the horizontal tango.... have him lay on his back with his feet up.... gets some of that air back to the top ;).
 blueyesrsmiling
Msg: 30
Posted: 2/4/2010 4:31:11 AM
Since this is a medical concern.....why isn't he seeing a doctor instead of asking people who don't have a medical degree? But some have given great advice and kindly suggested that this man needs to see a doctor and have a professional medical evaluation. And some are ever so clever trying to tell you nothing is wrong. But really no one on this board unless they are a certified doctor has a clue to what's wrong with this man......Really this is crazy trying to figure out what is wrong with someone and everyone kindly suggesting this man seek medical attention. And if he chooses not to. Then there is not one single thing you can do. He is a grown up. If he can't say what's wrong with him....have him write it down and give it to the doctor or just go with him. It might be embarrassing...but it also might save his life....or there might not be anything wrong with him.........Everyone on here is guessing.
 peek~a~booo
Msg: 31
Posted: 2/4/2010 8:52:34 AM
no i don't and a heart attack is in your future ....up your personal insurance and make me your beneficary.. please pre plan your funeral i do not need the hassel of attending please forward all your paperwork to the government and by all means return the blow up doll.
 TopFind
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2010 12:40:50 PM
TryAgan said:
------------------------------------------------------------
He should get a portable blood pressure monitor, and check his vital stats before and after. Of course, the most telling data would be obtained during the said activity, but any attempt to take those readings would likely result in deflation of at least one part of the experiment.
-------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think that he has such a machine. But I have a small pedometer that I could lend to him. Would that work?
 ladyc4
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2010 12:56:56 PM

but any attempt to take those readings would likely result in deflation of at least one part of the experiment.

Oh, I don't think you are supposed to put the cuff around THAT...

Seriously,OP, a prolonged episode of dizzyness/lightheadedness/weakness/shortness of breath after sex or any other physical exertion should be discussed with a doctor in a timely manner.
Cindy O
 Janet4ever
Msg: 34
Posted: 2/4/2010 4:46:32 PM
If I'm not atleast a little bit dizzy I feel like I'm missing something...

(I wouldn't worry about it.)
 mz taken
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2010 7:22:42 PM
no, I get a drink of water.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2010 7:36:04 PM

...I am usually exhausted afterwards and all I can think about is water, food and sleep....from what I can remember that is.

...mae
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 37
Posted: 2/4/2010 8:41:54 PM
I don't get dizzy but if the sex was really great, I get really stOOpid .

My hubby and I used to call it "being fuzzled"...the goofy grin, the endorphinated floating...whee!
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2010 8:54:44 PM
...I do remember that...the giddiness, the contentment....the satisfaction. Like a cat falling asleep after drinking a bowl of warm milk.

...mae
 Hippiekinkster
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2010 9:21:45 PM

alilmschevious: he's dizzy because all the blood left the head on his shoulders and went to the other.

>SNORT< That used to happen to me.

"The man was old and feeble
his loving time was out.
What used to be his sex apeal
is now his water spout.

It used to take forever
to make that thing behave.
Why, every single morning
it would stand and wath him shave.

But now he's grown much older,
and it sure gives him the blues
to see his thing hang down
and watch him shine his shoes."

Har har har

serenityCW
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2010 12:18:35 AM
lately, i'm pretty dizzy all day long. with or w/o the sex! it's called lymes attention deficit!

seriously, yes the man needs to see a dr. before he has a heart attack.
 BurgGuy09
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2010 6:39:45 AM
Only when I come up to breath.
 springfish
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2010 8:45:56 PM
Don't get dizzy at all...Go seek Medical help please before it's too late...Good luck!
 Calientecutie
Msg: 43
Posted: 2/6/2010 3:02:22 AM
he should explain that to his parner...after sex if it happens...his partner can help...it is a part of aging...it sucks...but you need to accept it and just deal with it
 TryAgan
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2010 5:53:12 PM

-------------------------------------------------------------
I don't think that he has such a machine. But I have a small pedometer that I could lend to him. Would that work?

Employing a pedometer wouldn't address the OP's problem, but it could provide interesting and valuable stats. Since most of the pedometers are based on a pendulum momentum, they should function also in the horizontal position. The little machine should work and record the "steps" of the t(h)rustee, but if you want to know also the total distance travelled, you'll need to shorten substantially the step metering factor.

Last, but not least, one has to figure out, what's the best way to attach the clip of the pedometer to his body.
 daffie
Msg: 45
Posted: 2/6/2010 10:16:35 PM
^...he can hang it from his ear...

(although his partner will have to wary of where she places her feet)...
 ~Heart~Tunes~
Msg: 46
Posted: 2/6/2010 10:36:02 PM
Actually, I feel incredibly calm after good sex. For like ten minutes.
 Not The Cable Guy
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2010 10:55:21 PM
I get dizzy and lightheaded before... Something to do with the blood being robbed from my brain and directed elsewhere... They used to call it arousal...

Afterwords?.. Nirvana...
 cuban delite
Msg: 48
Posted: 2/8/2010 1:51:14 PM
tell him to get his blood pressure checked..sounds like low blood pressure
 Seven1234
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2010 9:40:21 PM
I actually asked my Doctor about this phenomena: Its totaly normal, its the blood vessels opening to allow an orgasm, then closing quickly. Plain and simple, and thankfully "normal"
 packagedealx3
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2010 7:58:37 PM
^^^^I think if it is a new thing, which it sounded like from the OP even if it has happened with more than one woman, you don't wake up at 50 and decide after 30 some odd years that this might be a problem. Assuming that it is normal without having a full work-up to make sure it isn't trying to tell you something would be pretty stupid.

I don't have blood pressure issues, a few years ago I noticed that when I hadn't gotten enough sleep for several days in a row my nose started feeling tingly, like it had fallen asleep. I suspect this is not a good thing, doctor looked quite baffled but I would have been nuts not to have at least asked.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Do you get dizzy after sex?