Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Peyton is not the Greatest QB ever      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 seperate1
Msg: 75
Peyton is not the Greatest QB everPage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
he is one of the best, the only modern qb who can claim to be better is brady; others can say they have more playoff wins, but they don't have a championship. It's really manning-rothelisberger and brady; everyone else hasn't done what they have in regards to records, numbers, team accomplishments or championships.

an he is the only guy who hasn't missed a game and been the starter from day one
 JackDiamond312
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Peyton is not the Greatest QB ever
Posted: 3/5/2010 1:14:53 PM

he is one of the best, the only modern qb who can claim to be better is brady; others can say they have more playoff wins, but they don't have a championship. It's really manning-rothelisberger and brady; everyone else hasn't done what they have in regards to records, numbers, team accomplishments or championships.

Records, numbers, team accomplishments or championships? I believe Kurt Warner for one can play with these guys.

Kurtis Eugene "Kurt" Warner (born June 22, 1971) is a retired, and former quarterback for the Arizona Cardinals, New York Giants, and St. Louis Rams of the National Football League. He was originally signed by the Green Bay Packers as an undrafted free agent in 1994, after playing college football at Northern Iowa.

Warner first attained stardom during his stint with the St. Louis Rams from 1998–2003, where he won two NFL MVP awards in 1999 and 2001, as well as the Super Bowl MVP award in Super Bowl XXXIV. He also led the 2008 Arizona Cardinals to Super Bowl XLIII (the franchise's first-ever Super Bowl berth), and owns the three highest single-game passing yardage totals in Super Bowl history. Warner is ranked among the top QB's all-time in career passer rating, behind Steve Young, and several active players, such as Peyton Manning, Tony Romo, and Philip Rivers. Warner has the second-highest completion percentage in NFL history (trailing only Chad Pennington), with a career percentage of 65.5%. He also holds the highest completion percentage in a single game during the regular season, at 92.3 percent (24/26), on September 20, 2009, against the Jacksonville Jaguars. Tom Brady is the only player to have thrown for a higher single game completion percentage, with 92.9 percent (26/28) in a playoff game. He announced his retirement on January 29, 2010.

And there are very few at the top of there games like Brees, Rivers, Romo to name a few, other than the three mentioned above.

My point. There "ARE", "WAS" and "WILL BE" many great QB's, it will be based on any individuals take on it. Kurt Warner had great success on and off the field and will be remembered... But unfortunately, probably not by everyone. This topic isn't asking who the greatest ever QB is, rather than making the statement that Peyton isn't. But the truth is, to some he probably is. My personal opinion is that there are so many great QB's, it's ridiculous to think one stands out alone as the greatest ever.

I believe in honoring those individual's with their own unique success. Take Kurt Warner for example, not the greatest QB ever, but a great person, who played a great game of football, as a QB.
 good_catch77
Msg: 77
Posted: 3/10/2010 10:14:10 AM
I live 2 hours away from UT and I'm sick and tired of everyone saying that Peyton is the best. Not really based on anything but because he played for UT. Now I respect Peyton and think he is one of the best. But not the "greatest QB ever" not by a long shot. Now I'm too young to remember Johnny Unitas, early years of Joe Montana, Terry Bradshaw, Bart Starr, and Sammy Baugh to name a few.

I've watched NFL films over the years and other footage, but I think Johnny U was the best ever.

Now another thing is its hard to compare players from different eras. No matter what position. QB's are more and more athletic. There are more and more quarterbacks that can run not just to get away from the rush but almost like another running back.

There are QB's that are better pocket passers, better throwing on the run, better leaders and all the above.

The leaders are the ones that win the most titles. Look at Joe Montana. He wasn't the strongest, fastest or even strongest arm. But he won 3 titles, those teams would follow him into Hell if he asked.

I could get in a good debate about past and present QB's join me if you wish and no I won't bash so I expect the same.
 skoochie
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2010 10:33:50 AM
^^^Joe Cool won four titles. Manning has one title and one loss. I'd prefer to have Montana's career over Mannings anyday.

Manning had his chance to have a spectacular come from behind SB win like Montana did against the Benagals, but he threw the interception to prove he isn't clutch like Montana.
 good_catch77
Msg: 79
Posted: 3/10/2010 1:45:03 PM
^^Woops I thought it was 4 titles but I put 3 because I wasn't sure and I hadn't had lunch yet.

Yes Peyton did have a chance to do what Joe did with a come back against the Saints. But he blew it. Which I thought was awesome since I was at a sports bar watching the Super Bowl, being the only non-UT fan in the room.

I'm a Big 10 guy so was rooting for Drew Brees and the Saints. woot.
 MrLove45
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2010 8:43:21 AM
he's not even in the same breath as Brady and Rothelisberger....

like it was said earlier Probablyp manning and bret farve 2 of the greatest regular season quarterbacks to have ever played the modern game along with some of the partisan media who glorify their all american darling quarterbacks in spite of their penchant for choking in playoffs
 dennyden
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2010 2:22:58 PM
^^^ god do u ever give up on the media thing? look if u dont think manning is one of the best ever thats fine but to blame the media is the most lame reason ever,lol. knowing the way u are its just the easiest thing for u to blame but wipe off ur eyes and look at things for what they are, its not the media man!! iam not making excuses for the colts in the superbowl, the saints beat us plain and simple, but its odd how its only the qbs that get blamed, like i have said b4 i remember e. james funmbling the ball on the 1 yard line in a playoff game, so i guess hes a choker then too, right. u say big ben, well do u remember him having a truely really bad game in the superbowl againt the seahawks? he sure didnt win that game for pittsburgh at all, now did he? anyway like i said next stop is the hall of fame, so hate that bro!!!!! also for the record about farve, of the other qbs you hold so high, which one of them has done what he did this year at age 40? oh thats right none, also how many times did peterson fumble the ball in the redzone against the saints??????? i guess thats farves fault as well?
 dennyden
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2010 2:45:35 PM
Joe Cool won four titles. Manning has one title and one loss. I'd prefer to have Montana's career over Mannings anyday.

well who wouldnt take the best evers carreer, who would take playing with rice, taylor, jones, clark, rathman,craig, norton jr,lott or the rest of the great players he played with or who wouldnt take the chance to play with the best coach ever? this always goes with out saying that anyone would take montanas career over there own, to be honest i cant think of one person that would take there carrer over montanas , can you?
 MrLove45
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2010 6:35:37 AM
one of the greatest regular season quarterbacks to have played the game : p. manning/ b farve
 dennyden
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2010 7:18:16 AM
^^^ maybe so, but there are both superbowl champs and manning was a superbowl mvp, so like i have said next stop is canton for those two. also dont you want to put mcnabb in the cat. of best reg. season qb too ? that guy has never won a superbowl or how about mcnair didnt he as you would say choke in the superbowl as well? also just so we are clear on ur logic, so do u think lebron is the most overrated player in the nba? he only has 4 teammates he plays with at a time and plays both offense and deffense in his game, and he hasnt won anything, so by ur logic if a player that controls the game ( which a basketball player has more controll of a game then a qb) then by ur own logic he is a choker and is the best reg. season player in the nba correct, i mean thats ur logic towards farve/manning, so it must be the same towards someone like lebron right, we dont want to have double standards right? maybe its the media over hyping a nba player that hasnt won a championship in what 7 or 8 years, damn that bias media,lol
 MrLove45
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2010 7:40:50 AM
damn denny no sooner than I correct you in the TO thread that you go and prove my point by bringing McNabb into the conversation to justify your over indulging into the manning/farve kool aid....geez
 dennyden
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2010 7:49:36 AM
^^ no man iam just asking u if u would put someone like mcnabb in that cat., i mean u talk about people that have won a superbowl, i was just asking about a really good player that hasnt won a superbowl even with the huge amout of success he has had in the reg. season, reason for asking about mcnabb, the top 4 teams in wins since 2000 are the colts, patriots, steelers and the eagles, the other teams and the other qbs have won atleast 1 superbowl, thats why i asked about mcnabb, do u get it now?? but to go on the t.o. point, i guess it was the white racist media that stuck up for mcnabb and get that loser rush kicked off of espn, again damn that bias media,lol
 MrLove45
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2010 7:54:44 AM
it pains me to actually say this but ' yes, your right about McNabb being added to the list with p manning& b farve as the greatest regualar season quarterbacks to have played the game...but of course you wouldn't dare say that about farve or manning because in your mind farve& manning are both 5X superbowl winning/ mvp quarterbacks who singlehandedly blocked, ran routes, threw perfect games everytime they played a game
 dennyden
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2010 7:59:35 AM
^^^ again i understand that they have both only won 1 superbowl, but that alone doesnt mean that they are not great, iam not saying the best ever, but i am saying great. u know players can be great and not be the best ever. for example i think that ray lewis is the best linbacker ever, alot of people will agrue with me about that, but in the end ray lewis is still a GREAT linebacker right? its the same for people like manning and farve, or even steve young for that matter, he only won 1 time also, so he is not a great qb?
 MrLove45
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2010 8:04:31 AM
now your talking denny...yes Ray Lewis is one of the best linebackers ever....Lawrence Taylor is the best ever but Lewis is in the top 10 list of best linebackers ever
 dennyden
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2010 8:08:11 AM
^^^ thats been my point the whole time that players can be great and not be the best ever, u are the one who brings the media and all that other garbage into it. bottom line is both manning and farve are great players, are they the best ever , i guess not . in my opinion its montana, but then again thats just an opinion. i would think ray lewis is more like a top 5 linebacker, but either way top 5 or top 10 would make him one of the best ever agree?
 servantleader
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2010 1:21:55 PM
i agree but disagree. peyton and marino are to the greatest. now since they haven't won as much as montana and terry bradshaw, i have to give it to montana and bradshaw.
 dennyden
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2010 1:31:03 PM
montana and bradshaw are great qbs, let me start by saying that. its just my opinion thats u cant only judge a qb by winning championships, if so then jim plunkette is just as good as john elway? its the biggest double standard in all of sports, like the example i always use is people say lebron is one of the best players in the nbs( for the record i agree with this) but he has not won anything in 7 or 8 years now but thats not held against him, just saying its a double standard!!! also for the record i think montana is the best ever and iam a colts fan and univ. of tennessee fan.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Peyton is not the Greatest QB ever