Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > our first real date after a meet and he invites a friend and his wife      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 anonymouslyme
Msg: 49
our first real date after a meet and he invites a friend and his wifePage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

is there any value in discussing this as an issue of poor communication? or voice my experience?
I agree with the posters that cited his blatant lack of consideration at every turn. At your age, there is no point in trying to help someone understand the concept of common courtesy... they either have it or they don't. He was either totally oblivious of how his behavior was coming across, in which case you'll be wasting your breath, or he was testing you out, so see how far he could push you before you stood up for yourself, in which case you'll also be wasting your breath. Dating is for having fun, not testing your threshold for tolerating inconsiderate behavior. Tell him his company wasn't worth the aggrevation, and save your effort for someone willing to offer you the same in return.
 marisia
Msg: 50
view profile
History
our first real date after a meet and he invites a friend and his wife
Posted: 2/27/2010 7:06:45 AM
op whatever the rights and wrongs of paying, including friends, date or friendship meet,... what sticks out for me is he didnt ask, include or consider your wants, needs, feelings.., I treat people i dislike better.., I doubt explaining why will help he will have excuses which will frustrate you.... Drop him now, it wont change. You deserve better even if its a night alone.
 alilove
Msg: 51
view profile
History
our first real date after a meet and he invites a friend and his wife
Posted: 2/27/2010 8:39:51 AM
thanks for the feedback about whether to share my experiences.

btw--Igor--how is it that I was looking for dating exclusively for love??? or that I considered it my date? I simply wanted basic inclusion and respect. this was a first real date. I've never gone double date on a first date unless the woman and the man involved EACH knew one of the other parties as in a blind date set up by friends who are a couple.

and I DID communicate my boundary for not staying til the end of the concert as soon as it was mentioned. after that it got a bit tiresome. I accept my mistake, but you are blowing it out of proportion and frankly giving the other party a free pass. you seem quite quick to blame and shame here.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > our first real date after a meet and he invites a friend and his wife