Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Top reasons a man leaves a woman?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rock_hunter
Msg: 268
Top reasons a man leaves a woman?Page 12 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
You expect your woman to admire you???

In a word, yes. BUT, such admiration is not free. Most men work for it, and when we know we're admired, we will work harder to earn such admiration.

To admire you, I would have to believe that you were somehow better than I was

So, there is NOTHING in which your partner is better than you? So there is NOTHING in your partner worthy of admiration? What about you: Do you really think your partner can't see ANYTHING in you worthy of admiration?

...could it be a throwback expectation from the days when women were like your property and not your partner?

I suppose you still can't see beyond your nose.

Anyway, that's one of the reasons a man leaves a woman: He tells her what his needs are, and she wants him to justify these needs before her, to her full satisfaction, or else she's free to dismiss them and he shouldn't complain about it.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 269
view profile
History
Top reasons a man leaves a woman?
Posted: 7/12/2011 4:49:49 AM
Admiration is yet another of those things whose definition varies from person to person, and from APPLICATION to application.

In a one-on-one relationship, both people need to have respect and at least a FORM of admiration for each other. In that sense, admiration doesn't mean putting each other on pedestals, it means witnessing and loving the other person for their character and for how they demonstrate solid, "admirable" beliefs and codes of behavior in the way they deal with life.

The kind of admiration that SOME folks talk about elsewhere, is more like worship from a distance.

As for this general thread, the top reasons I see anyone leave anyone are the same:

1. lost respect for them.
2. hostility from them.
3. loss of respect FROM them.
4. the "cost" of staying together is higher than the "cost" of splitting up, emotionally.
 Megan06825
Msg: 270
Posted: 7/12/2011 5:45:40 AM

read all types of stats, that indicate women end the majority of marriages, but what we cannot account for, is the fact some men (my ex husband being one) will push, and push, with bad behavioutr til we make the break. This way, he can forever play the victim, as I left him. He takes no responsibility for his wicked, nasty behaviour that was going on behind closed doors, nor will he admit he pushed me away. But, he did. He was told many, many times that his wife was very unhappy, and he was warned and provided with timelines to correct the behaviour, and he did not heed it. He was offered councelling, free as well, and did not take it. However, he maintains I just up n left one day

this is quite common, but to answer the question, the level of emotional maturity changes in ONE of the partners AFTER marriage, making for an inbalanced relationship. Whether that trickles down to sex, spending money, child-rearing issues/differences, addictions, etc- it all seems to stem from one partner getting fed up w/ the inability for the other partner to progress as a human being.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 271
Posted: 7/12/2011 5:40:20 PM
she is a slut for everyone except you.... yep, Survey says number one answer Ding, Ding, Ding.
Number two - Cold, distant, moody, non communicative Passive Aggressive
Number three - the expectations that 'surprises' are now required routine
Number four - Nagging on my favorite activities and escapes
Number five - Nagging about the job
Number six - Hating the 'friends' but upset that we dont ever go out with anyone...
Number seven - Kids !
Number eight - She wants 'marriage'
Number nine - Finances
Number ten - my cooking is ALWAYS better than hers.
 Vannili
Msg: 272
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2011 10:57:45 PM
she didn't love me enough to do it for me even after all I sacrificed,but she can do it for herself.That just proved my point and provided all the justification I needed after the fact.

So the meaning of love to you,is her soul, her life her space is all you you andyou, she promised you to love you before you have kids the same as soon as you have kids, but you were left in cold, the wife has a full hands of taking care of your children and you should help her.
She promised to stay in shape, but she did not go to gym or excercise...
well, if someone is always in my back shoving in my throat if you love you do this , you that, the more I won't do it, you bet I will enjoy being FAT ...

Oh, don't get me wrong I am Asian submissive to a man, to my father who sired me but at the age of 15, my submissiveness STOP when I became a woman ,I DO my own decision... And my father respect me for that.. No man think for me I think for myself.
I don't blamed your wife that she divorced you, I bet she feels good that the burrs is out of her butt.
PS
I don't put up with a person's crap ,my love will flew out the window in a bat of an eye.. It doesn't make any difference if he leaves me or I will leave him..

viper1j
Msg: 273
Posted: 7/13/2011 1:05:21 AM

But really, what would it take for you as a man to finally take the woman off the back burner and really split up? Also,what would he be willing to do to make it work if he was holding on for other reasons than money and taxes, etc... like his soulmate and really does love the woman?

When she installs a freezer between the legs, I am SO outta there.
 Megan06825
Msg: 274
Posted: 7/13/2011 6:43:40 AM
how about because that is his pattern, he is the reason, not her or her behavior?
 marcus_biggs
Msg: 275
Posted: 7/13/2011 11:23:27 AM

I believe there are two reasons.

1. The woman stops appreciating the man, stops acknowledging his needs and takes him for granted.

I believe that to be the biggest reason.

2. She lets herself go, which is sort of an extension of reason 1.

number 1. in all it's shapes and forms.. spells CHEAT, and LEAVE.
 want to travel
Msg: 276
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2011 11:31:36 AM
Everything was wonderful with my ex, she was everything I ever imagined a perfect partner should be
Only problem was she drank a lot, and was diagnosed with tumors in her liver, we separated, I moved out for one year, we were just as close as ever during that year, but at the end of it she would not admit she had a problem, and I could not stand by and see her destroy her life !
 cashleys
Msg: 277
Posted: 7/13/2011 10:17:32 PM
#1 reason a man will leave the woman is for SEX. If the sex has gone he might cheat for awhile, but then he will come across a woman that will seem like it is going to be fireworks all the time, this of course will change over time but he thinks she is the one.

#2 reason- a man will leave a woman is for SEX--that's it. the whole of it all.

#3 reason--see #1 and #2
 mateo45
Msg: 278
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2011 10:42:51 AM
Actually, the guy usually decides to look elsewhere when he realizes that sex is all she has to offer (and especially if it ain't that great to begin with)!
 Fifi47
Msg: 279
Posted: 7/14/2011 11:36:26 AM
^^^^could also be said about a woman leaving a man. I wonder if more men leave women when they have met someone else if they are unhappy in the relationship or if they stay around just to be with someone if they have not met anyone new?
 angelatina1
Msg: 280
Posted: 7/14/2011 12:22:11 PM
First if they had a dating account like here on POF lol.

then some serious things are like cheating,lying and texting random dudes etc.
I am not married,but been with the same man 10yrs and I missing some wild sex is all,but I don't plan to cheat nor using this site for such.I am staying here for the forums and diff views on the subject manner.

I bet most men leave women if they are psycho,family drama and even pet drama,I HEARD if all bout now,and I can say I work in the court system and I have heard of couples fighting tooth and nail for there poor dog all to get back at there ex,or child support payments and him getting arrested at work for not paying etc.

I think is worse having a ex with kids then the single folks.When your single your ex,is that your ex and move on and no kids,and when kids come into the pic,is all hell.lol
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Top reasons a man leaves a woman?