Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Top reasons a man leaves a woman?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MizBexReturns
Msg: 76
Top reasons a man leaves a woman?Page 4 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)

Most women seek out relationships...........much more than men.

Maybe at one time women would look for relationships more than men, but I gotta tell you more and more I think LESS women are looking to be in relationships. And, I would imagine that number will continue to decline.
 ladyc4
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Top reasons a man leaves a woman?
Posted: 2/24/2010 1:40:50 PM

I was referring to ALL relationships, not marriages only.

That includes LTR, FWB, FB, Marriage........whatever.

I realize that, I was extrapolating. We could go into all kinds of configurations and convolutions. The charge is OFTEN countered with..."the man left the marriage/was caught(or admitted)wrongdoing, but for whatever reason he wouldn't take the responsibility of filing."

Add up all that and I am quite sure that men leave more often.

There's a reason that there are more women than men "looking" for LTR.

Well, I'd love to hear that reason...and any actual statistics or facts to back it up.
I don't disagree with you that we are all still shedding old paradigms where women were socially conditioned from birth,practically, to secure a male provider/protector/supplier of validation. But I think that paradigm is shifting all the time.

I've said this three times already.........and it's not just men who leave over SEX.

I KNOW that...but the title of the OT is in fact "top reasons a man leaves a woman" not 'top reasons a relationship breaks up'.
Cindy O
 lovethewater71
Msg: 78
Posted: 2/24/2010 3:28:55 PM
Division77...

Evolution puts men in this position. To keep the species alive men are driven to seek women and procreate. There are far more men on internet dating than women. Women receive far more messages. It's the man that proposes. More divorces are ended by the women than the man. All major diseases, suicide, birth defects...etc affect men more. Biologically we are driven for this need. There is no question men initiate contact and relationships far more than women. It is not good or not bad. It's the way we have evolved.
Women do handle being single and alone better than men. I don't have any stats to back it up but I think it's readily apparent in everyday life.

I think both sexes are unhappy with the current state of relationships. I see alot of miserable single women in the late 30's and 40's who can't attract a men like they use to in their 20's and would like to be a in a relationship. Not all but alot. Same goes for men. I see it all the time.

Lady4c...you make some good points. You have good analytical skills.
 DIVISION77
Msg: 79
Posted: 2/24/2010 3:38:23 PM

More divorces are ended by the women than the man.

If you read and comprehend, I wasn't talking about marriage.

I was talking about ALL FORMS OF RELATIONSHIPS.

There are far more people in "alternative" relationships than marriage.

Do you really think marriages account for everything?

Even in marriage, the man may have left the relationship long ago relegating the female to file the divorce.

........and your point is?

Women do handle being single and alone better than men. I don't have any stats to back it up but I think it's readily apparent in everyday life.

Sure they do.

That is why there are so many of them in their 30's and 40's who are single and miserable.

I don't see men complaining about a lack of a relationship at that age.

You don't have ANYTHING to back you up except the same entitlement to an opinion that I do.

I think it's apparent that you took the time to refute what I said with nothing to back you up but your opinion which really didn't take you far, did it?

ladyc4
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2010 4:03:14 PM

If you read and comprehend, I wasn't talking about marriage.

I was talking about ALL FORMS OF RELATIONSHIPS.

But I would think that pretty much the same emotions drive-and drive apart-all relationships based on "love",as we use that word to describe the emotional, chemical,intellectual.and physical factors that bring a man and woman together in any involvement of sufficient merit to involve frequent proximity and sexual activities.
Were I to have a husband who hit me, I'd leave him. Ditto for a Significant other, FwB or even someone I was just dating.
Other than some "technicalities" that a man(or woman) might try to skate through on in a nonmarital situation, bad behavior,abuse, cheating, financial improvidence, or just plain falling out of love, are common reasons for not only marriages but LTRs , FwBs, BF/GF to break up. Love on the rocks is love on the rocks, whether it's a marriage or just a committed relationship or 'serious' dating.

Sure they do.

That is why there are so many of them in their 30's and 40's who are single and miserable.
Can you cite PROOF that there are 'so many who are single and miserable'? Just being on a dating site is,IMO, not proof of either thing.

I don't see men complaining about a lack of a relationship at that age.

Oh yeah? While PoF is certainly not THE guideline of guidelines, have you SEEN all the variations of "I'm a nice guy why am I not getting responses" "or women are too picky",etc that certainly are not authored by women.

I think it's apparent that you took the time to refute what I said with nothing to back you up but your opinion which really didn't take you far, did it
And from what I can see, your unsupported opinion doesn't travel any farther,either.
Cindy O
 Nutty J
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2010 4:18:23 PM

I've said this three times already.........and it's not just men who leave over SEX.

SEX is important in a relationship........for both genders.

Yes, sex is important in a relationship, but what if one of the couple has problems in that area, ie. illness etc. ?
 Morth74
Msg: 82
Posted: 2/24/2010 4:25:24 PM
I know this thread has evolved a little but back to the OP ... from my experience, men that leave their wives do so because they found someone else that's not just for sex.

I've known plenty of men (and women) who have cheated on their partner but only leave when the love has transferred to someone else.
 Harleygirl269
Msg: 83
Posted: 2/24/2010 7:38:09 PM
Ok at the risk of being beat up on the forums again!
1. women has an affair
2. another women pays him much more attention then he has had in years
3. the kids are grown and they have separate lives already
I believe that once either partner has cheated that it is a long hard road back to regaining the trust and the feelings of insecurity!!
 SonyaLT
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2010 12:57:17 AM

#1 reason?

When he's better off without her.

LOL okay verity you win the trophy on this one. That is the perfect answer.

Oh really?! That explains why so many men try to reconcile with their ex's (including both my ex's).
 Hippiekinkster
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2010 2:47:37 AM

guyd42; "I would say sex and weight gain. "
Radical weight gain. Like going from 70 Kg to 120 Kg.

Really, it's not her fault. She was walking down the street when all of a sudden a weight-gain Demon knocked her to the ground and changed all her DNA to weight-gain DNA if she only looked at food. This is all True Lies. Yep, she was forced to wrassle piggies. Oink Oink. No culpability at all. I've seen it happen.
 green.apple
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2010 3:04:01 AM
Omg, there's so many obese men on this topic claiming their top reason is woman's weight gain.

paul1957t
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2010 3:12:24 AM
that happened to me no affection no kissing , always drunk a bottle of wine a night anything that got broke i had to pay for ie boiler bills etc

its horrible being cold shouldered i could never talk to her , got so run down i got depressed Paul
 Strider886
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2010 3:13:53 AM

Omg, there's so many obese men on this topic claiming their top reason is woman's weight gain.

I can't claim to think the same way as other men, because I don't.

But I can tell you that weight gain really isn't the actual issue, it's the way some women get depressed over their weight gain, start to hate themselves (although they always deny it), they lose interest and become disgusted by any and all intimate or affectionate contact with their partner, the partner hits a wall of depression because they feel unwanted, resentment kicks in, arguments start and the whole relationship spirals down the swanee.

Nothing wrong with larger women, it's ones that start out skinny you have to worry about!
 want to travel
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2010 6:49:33 AM
any man who leaves his wife over weight gain is better off not being with a woman at all, ever
i would say not having a foundation of friendship, mutual respect,not being sexually open, not growing together,lack of passion,(not just sexual), letting life( finances, expectations,and every day's)control you and you not controlling life, taking you for granted,women who stop being feminine
 carolann0308
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2010 7:02:32 AM
Funny, my Ex weighed 165 when we met and 240 when we divorced. His physique had zero to do with why the marriage broke up, he was still the same guy only bigger. I am still trying to process how a weight gain could possibly be a good enough reason to walk away from a partnership and your family. It makes men sound horribly shallow and I have really not run across that IRL.
 *topchef*
Msg: 91
Posted: 2/25/2010 7:07:38 AM
The main reason a man leaves a women is driven by EGO.

His ego convinces him, he needs/deserves someone more beautiful, sexier, richer, wilder, younger, more exotic, smarter, more desirable to OTHER men, fresher, a better cook, housekeeper or mother, more fit, less critical or more tolerant of his ongoing BS. He has replaced the love he once felt with his woman with indifference and needs something new in his life to feed his ego and find his mojo once again.

BTW, the same kind of stuff generally applies to women as well.

No one leaves their partner for someone they think is "less" in the critical components of their relationship. Everyone who moves on thinks they are "trading up" in the areas that are inportant to them. Then some time down the road, they discover that they are just back where they started. looking to trade up again.

The only exceptions to the above is when there is truly deviant behavior on an ongoing basis, emotional or physical abuse, metal illness or BPS or the like.
 LongBrownCurls
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2010 7:11:32 AM
I'm ending my marriage because husband is an alcoholic. He couldn't muster the willpower to get healthy and I couldn't take the daily drinking and all that went with it...
 *Surfgyrl*
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2010 7:22:12 AM
Luckyhot777,
I have always put my man before any children, I will not be growing old with them.
I don't understand the relationships where the woman just becomes mommy and puts all their energy on the kids instead of more on herself. That would affect me if I were a man.
 want to travel
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2010 7:29:35 AM
this man had 3 long term relationships, one when i was very young, we where perfect for each other, she wanted to have a child and i was not mature enough, biggest mistake of my life, but i have moved on, the last one was because she abused alcohol, everyday
 *Surfgyrl*
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2010 7:35:02 AM
Lovecraft,
I like the... "Deep down, it's ownership." It sounds kinda related to once again, sex.

Is this kinda like the man can just wake you up in the morning and just take it because he owns it?
 Juste moi Danielle
Msg: 96
Posted: 2/25/2010 8:18:24 AM
I think people leave when they no longer feel appreciated. More than love, more than sex (or lack of), more than anything else in my opinion...appreciation of each other is the key, the fuel that keeps you going, specially when the going (aka life) gets tough.

missmeliss2107
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2010 8:52:14 AM
I truly think men do just stay for sex. i know thats all my ex calls me for right now. and i did have a boyfriend of a year leave me. i know its because he is still in love with his ex wife. i now feel like he was just using me to fill his emptiness. he never really loved me.
 Commonsens
Msg: 98
Posted: 2/25/2010 8:54:46 AM
1) she's Dishonest
2) she's Infidel
3) she's Extreme (in anything)

Top 3 reasons why a couple D.I.E and a guy leaves.

#1 and #2 do not need sub division or clarification (unless someone in here is brain dead or something) , #3 can be of anything and even interlinked.
she is extremely possessive and/or jealous (suffocation), extremely dependent or insecure, extremely negative (all that implies), Extremely self centered, extremely lazy, extremely messy etc etc the list goes on! and can take ANY direction.
Most men can tolerate and endure almost anything if they are in reasonable amounts but will draw the line with extremes, EVEN with non directly negative extremes or non directed toward them extremes: example: extreme clean freak.

The reason is either because of what an extreme implies (psychological or even psychiatric problem) or simply of the cause-effect/result.(ex: try to live with someone extremely dependent, controlling or suffocating..)

That a woman body change or a lot of other reasons...are not a top reason why a guy leave, true that in some cases it does happen, but those are not the majority.

True also, that a lot of guys are simply jerks or self centered bastards who simply wont do any work, evolution or anything and will see relationship as they see anything else: a product to serve their need; but that's was not the question asked here.
 redwineguy
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2010 11:24:21 AM
Top reasons a man leaves a woman? - I'd say:
Stress - Too much of it (for most normal folks in our society).
Sex - Lack of it.
Inability of partner to realize that life is short and we all should make the best of everyday.
Just simply "growing apart" perhaps due to renewed interests, lifestyles...etc which may [and often do] conflict with your partner.
I'd also say the same for "top reasons for a woman to leave a man".
 verityone
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2010 12:07:22 PM
#1 reason?

When he's better off without her.

LOL okay verity you win the trophy on this one. That is the perfect answer.

Oh really?!

Ya, really.
That's the #1 answer.

That explains why so many men try to reconcile with their ex's (including both my ex's).

That's a different topic.
Why some people can't manage without each other, is a whole different issue.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Top reasons a man leaves a woman?