Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > R*pe is ruining my sex life      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mparker1
Msg: 99
R*pe is ruining my sex lifePage 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Im sorry this happened but you don't need any of those self proclaimed Dr. , to help you sorry to say but you will eather get over it or and it is probably that you will suffer a mental block for the rest of your life. This Doesn't mean you can't live a happy life it just means you will never reach your full potential. So find a loving person and stay with them and get through life as happy as you can be. there is someone out there who you can express your sexual desires with freely. Sex can and for many is a beautiful thing that people share with one another!!!
 Spence56
Msg: 100
R*pe is ruining my sex life
Posted: 2/28/2010 1:21:04 PM
One of the things that seems to work best in this life is to do the things that need to be done before moving on to other things.

It sounds to me that what you need to do is work out the issues of these two rapes, and become emotionally and physically well before trying to begin another kind of relationship with some other person. Once you are well and able to resolve those things in your heart and mind, you will be able to move on to a new and healthy relationship with someone that is worthy of your trust and love.

Well, that's what I think anyway......
 3Therm0pylae0
Msg: 101
Posted: 2/28/2010 10:32:35 PM
OMG, sweetheart, I am so sorry. Please, for your own sake, get alot of help in therapy. You can yellowpage.com for a start. Do this fast, your life is too precious to let the ravages of past experiences, rob you of serenity...
 hamster-dance
Msg: 102
Posted: 2/28/2010 11:05:03 PM
Don't completely discount the possibility of medications. Anxiety meds could absolutely help.

I'm sorry you've had to go through this. I was date raped last fall by a guy I had met on a dating site. It hasn't affected my ability to enjoy sex at least, but it has affected me in other ways. It sucks. And it messes with your head. I see a therapist anyway, but it took months for me to even tell him. Keep trying to find a counselor or therapist you are comfortable with. There are some who specialize in this.
 C0W-GIRL
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2010 1:37:53 AM
I've been to theropy for it and that really helped. If possible id say that is probably best. I know that it makes everytime seem horrible right now but it is something that u can and need to overcome. Its scary at first but you will feel a wait off of ur chest just telling someone really what happend. Then u can work on being able to get close to someone without the anxiaty. You will eventually find the things about sex that you like and will be able to emotionaly grow with your partner.
 SeniSeviyorum
Msg: 104
Posted: 3/1/2010 9:03:39 AM
[i have known survivors of rape, and none of them react like you do]

HELLO!!! You ballzed that one up

SURVIVOR..means overcome..
Have i overcome this yet? NO
So of course i would not be reacting like a survivor because i havent survived yet!
 ladyc4
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2010 9:30:58 AM
Everyone reacts to things differently. There is not a rule in some book somewhere that states how one deals with this and if they react differently then they are a liar!
That is disgusting and actually sickens me.

I doubt you are the only one experiencing this reaction.
however, in the interest of fair and equal compassion, you have to realize that ONE of the less positive reasons SOME PEOPLE...and that DEFINITELY extends to males-wind up on dating sites is because of their own undealt-with damage. While not denying/excluding women's unhealed anger, I have to say that this accounts for the "hit and run" men, the gamers, the abusers, the date-rapists seem to come out of the woodwork on dating sites. I cannot say that(thus far) I personally have experienced any of these negative scenariops, but maybe that's just age-related "street smarts"...and discovering some message boards/discussion forums about online dating. has made me way LESS reliant on dating sites.

The point of this thread was not to gain attention but was to simply ask for help from those who have been in my position, survivors, who could help in some way so that i can get things sorted

While I haven't been a direct experient of this kind of assault and trauma, I've been called on to help friends or family members who have.

It isnt much to ask to want to feel normal again is it?

OF COURSE IT ISN'T.
And might I suggest, since you've twice survived this type of attack(which has NOTHING-absolutely nothing to do with sex and everything to do with pathological male anger and desire to humiliate), that a course in self defense would certainly be one of the things on your 'to-do' list. These courses focus a lot on heightened awareness, staying calm and losing all reluctance to hurt someone who is trying to hurt you! Not so much about administering a good beating to someone, however much it might be needed. It's about survival.
Please, keep us posted on your progress if you are comfortable. I can't speak for any one else specifically, but I'm sure that several of us would be more than fine with directly emailing if you aren't up for more stoning via the public forums, at the hands of some members who may have been raised by a pack of jackals. meaning no disrespect to anyone, including the pack of jackals...(even jackals can't make silk purses out of sows' ears).
I don't know about anybody else, but it's my policy to believe topics posted,unless there arises very clear inconsistency,self-contradiction or inarguably nonfactual statements from the OP. Even then I'm more apt to simply POINT OUT the inconsistency,contradiction or lapse in accurate facts...not come out and label someone a liar.
Good luck to you, OP. You have every right to take very good care of yourself! Avail yourself of that right!
Cindy O
 SeniSeviyorum
Msg: 106
Posted: 3/6/2010 6:13:59 AM
I have been to the initial appointment that i had on wednesday.
It wasnt too awkward, mainly just to assess my situation,see if i am comfortable with the help they can offer there.

I have been placed on the waiting list until one of their qualified staff has a regular weekly open slot to give me. Hpefully i should not have to wait too long.
x
 MySpoonIsTooBig!
Msg: 107
Posted: 3/6/2010 8:33:57 AM
IMO, you obviously need to get back to a point where sex is empowering to you instead of just the opposite. Having been with women who did get outside help & some who didn't, all I can say is that counselling is the best possible thing you can do & that seeking it out proactively is the first step towards getting back to being the woman you were before. Scratch that, you'll likely come out in the end an even stronger woman.

Not gonna rewrite or cut/paste the whole thing, but I made a post that pretty much concerns the same subject in this thread here:

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/13438574datingPostpage7.aspx
 Summer-loving
Msg: 108
Posted: 3/6/2010 11:27:28 AM
Your reactions are perfectly understandable. ..If this happened by people you knew and trusted then you are going to be terrified by someone approaching you sexually that you dont know.
You may be experiencing flashbacks and your body is going into defence mode...because your mind is remembering and reliving the past in the now. So it is not something you can face because its not something that can be just sorted out and got over.
Your memory of sex and abuse is linked so close that you cant do anything but react negativly and like your in danger.
It may take a very long time for you to seek the healing you need in order to be able to Trust and be intimate with someone else.. but it may be worth trying as you deserve a strong loving relationship in the future
Trust is everything though and even if you get the help you need and find someone you can trust they will have to be very understanding of triggers and be able to reasure you and support you so you can begin to trust them .
 luckyhot777s
Msg: 109
Posted: 3/6/2010 12:12:16 PM
Op, I am sorry to hear this happened to you or anyone....I agree you need pro help to help overcome this...just keep in mind, if you feel they are not helping, let them know why, or go to someone else....the key is feeling comfortable with the person helping you, them looking at you individually, understanding you and giving you the help you need.

Its a normal reaction to have experienced this, and to have it effect you in this way, trama's that are huge do this, in the same way a veteran of war, have flashbacks and has a hard time adjusting to things back home...similar, but different.

Of course you want to overcome this and try to have a relation to where this doesn't effect things. Its going to have to come from professional help and yourself too.

As you said, you have had sex where you kicked and punched the person away from you, in a regular situation, this wouldn't have happened, so in a way not only you have suffered, but it imposes it on others as well.

And I see it in your reactions to others here, a couple were deserving, but a couple might not have been...again, I understand and feel for you though.

This is a quote I copied.....
Speaking as someone who has been in your shoes (a long ago ex-boyfriend and his best friend). Talk, talk and then talk some more.... but, talk to a professional. STOP having "sex". I too did the "freaking out"... tears, kicking, pushing away.... That is just your way of saying that you are going to control the situation before the man controls you. In a way making you the aggressor. No man that truly cares about you needs or deserves that any more than you deserved to be r*ped.

Don't let the men who did this to you win by ruining the good future that you deserve with the right man, and don't let the right man run the other way because you did not deal with the past.

So really most advised counseling and seeking a professional to help you.......quite frankly, there's not much more anyone can advise who has not experienced this....other than expressing sorrow for what happened...

But the rest has to come from you.....but you alone wasn't enough, it will take both and even possibly an encounter group comprised of those who went thru it too, and when you get back to dating again, you need to seek an understanding man and be upfront about all of this, so you both can go slow and adjust to it.

Good Luck....I hope the best for you.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > R*pe is ruining my sex life