Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > jealousy what does it mean      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Summer-loving
Msg: 100
jealousy what does it meanPage 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
If im into a man I like a little jealousy and might feel a bit for him too.. mind you there are limits one of my exs was so Jealous it got boring to say the least...Even moaning about wearing make up to go out...in the end I was like ........get over yourself not everything a woman does revolves around men......then I find out he was the one cheating that showed where his Jealousy really came from...........it was nothing to do with me and everything to do with him punishing me for his own worthless infidelity.....what a scumbag that turned out to be
hypocrite
 Arabianangel
Msg: 101
jealousy what does it mean
Posted: 3/6/2010 3:49:25 PM
Why can't some people just accept that jealousy IS a natural emotion? Even animals experience jealousy...the only difference between us and animals is how we choose to react to such natural emotion.

It's the very same people that SUPRESS such emotion, that ignore it and don't wish to acknowledge it that go all wako when they've had a few drinks...whatever natural emotion you suppress isn't going to go away, if anything it becomes stronger and pokes it's head when you least expect it...

I don’t believe you can truly experience freedom without being able to feel, acknowledge and control your natural emotions. And those that deny having such emotion, have denied it because they're unable to control it, so in a sense IT control them.
 BigDaddyJinx
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2010 4:46:24 PM

Why can't some people just accept that jealousy IS a natural emotion?

Last I checked, not one person on the thread has stated any such ridiculousness. Last I checked, it was a mutually agreed notion that jealousy is a natural emotion. And an acknowledged one at that. Maybe you were lost reading some other thread that has no bearing on THIS one?

It's the very same people that SUPRESS such emotion, that ignore it and don't wish to acknowledge it that go all wako when they've had a few drinks...

Patently false. Complete fallacy.

I have been known, on at least 2 occasions annually, where I get so pissed to the gills I can barely function (but can still talk, mingle, and dance apparently lol)...and not even once has this "suppressed" emotion reared up and decided that it was a good time to play. This "suppressed" green eyed monster we refer to as Jealousy.

Not. Once.

So your claim in invalid.

whatever natural emotion you suppress isn't going to go away, if anything it becomes stronger and pokes it's head when you least expect it...

Oh well then I should be concerned, huh? According to that logic, when I was 19 and realized that jealousy is irrelevant and had no merit or benefit, then this "suppressed" demon has been lingering for almost 2 decades now?

Nice try.

FAIL.

I don’t believe you can truly experience freedom without being able to feel, acknowledge and control your natural emotions.

You're entitled to your beliefs. Just don't represent them as facts.

And those that deny having such emotion, have denied it because they're unable to control it, so in a sense IT control them.

Uh huh. Like I said, no one thus far has denied jealousy as a viable emotion. Some are just smarter than the rest and realize that no benefit has EVER come on the heels of expressed jealousy.

Sad that you can't identify with that and insist on trying to force-feed people jealousy as "healthy" and without it's expression we are all bereft of full capacity.

Utter nonsense.

Provide even ONE tangible and irrefutable POSITIVE concerning the expression of jealousy, and I'm sure people will rally under your flag. Til then, get off the cross.

Really.
 Vannili
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2010 8:05:03 PM
My jealousy stop at the age of 13 , I was in a dance group of our town fiesta and all of the participant dancers dresses was made by dressmaker ( we think that is classy at that time lol) ,and my dress was readymade bought in a market ,Iwas in tantrum crying and my father told me that being jealous and envious is not uplifting, it is not what a person wear what people see but her best performance and deed.. I gave my best and steal the show .... Now ,I don't feel jealous , of anyone or anything , I don't tolerate a person who is jealous of me...
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2010 8:52:25 PM

I don’t believe you can truly experience freedom without being able to feel, acknowledge and control your natural emotions. And those that deny having such emotion, have denied it because they're unable to control it, so in a sense IT control them.

well, jealousy is a type of fear. fear that something that is 'ours' will disappear.

not everyone is afraid of the same things. but you're inferring this one fear is shared by all: those who admit having it, and those who are lying when they say they don't. that doesn't follow.
 Arabianangel
Msg: 105
Posted: 3/6/2010 9:25:07 PM

Uh huh. Like I said, no one thus far has denied jealousy as a viable emotion. Some are just smarter than the rest and realize that no benefit has EVER come on the heels of expressed jealousy.

Perhaps you have some difficulty reading things without getting so hyped up! I never once said jealousy is positive nor did I ever say that there are any benefits associated with acting on your jealousy! I said it was natural to feel such emotion but it's all about how you choose to deal with it that matters... You on the hand claim to have never experienced it, truth is I don't believe you...I'll get off the cross if you stop pretending to play the tough guy, because it's obvious it's all a damn act!!
 BigDaddyJinx
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2010 11:20:13 PM

You on the hand claim to have never experienced it, truth is I don't believe you

Believe what you wanna believe I guess. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

I see no need or impulse to get jealous that my friends have something I don't...that my woman is talking to her exes...that my woman is being approached in a bar full of people...that my car ain't "all that" and everyone else's seems to be...that my paper always shows up rumpled and wet where my neighbors don't...and so on.

Plenty of opportunity to get jealous. Just no desire to participate in such a fruitless event.

And I guess you missed the part where I mentioned living the lives most lead where I'd get jealous just to get jealous...until I was 19 and decided to grow up and stop being so insecure.

Some just decide never to grow up I guess.

Pity.
 CookieLady66
Msg: 107
Posted: 4/9/2010 1:06:39 PM
I hate feeling jealous...honestly, I get to the point of nausea. If some guy wants to pull the Lets Make Her Jealous on me, he's out the door!
 rickxyz
Msg: 108
Posted: 4/9/2010 1:27:56 PM
Is it jealousy/insecurity, if you feel someone is not acting appropriately towards your mate?
 MissyTrouble
Msg: 109
Posted: 4/9/2010 4:56:46 PM
ONce i feel jealous.. this is a sign of THE END IS NEAR!!
 Blk_Archangel7
Msg: 110
Posted: 4/9/2010 7:41:47 PM
insecure, Hates losing control of the relationship, lack of trust and so on and so on.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 111
Posted: 4/10/2010 12:17:30 AM
If I steal your jewelry does it mean I like your art collection ?
 Vannili
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2010 11:15:13 AM
If I steal your jewelry does it mean I like your art collection?

No ,you may not like and jealous of my art collection , but you are happy to hock to a pawn shop to buy booze or underwear or give it to your girlfriend as an engagement diamond ring , ( IF) the jewelry you stole from me LOL!!!!

Hehehe,my imagination can run like yours too ,yah know..............
 NiceandEdgy
Msg: 113
Posted: 8/20/2010 7:51:15 PM
As some have said a small amount of jealousy can be flattering, we all experience it to one degree or another... but... and this is a BIG but... if a woman goes overboard on the jealousy, I take it as a sign of unreasonable insecurity and a unjustified lack of trust. I have ended a couple dating experiences either solely or partially based upon jealous behavior of my partner.

Jealousy is a major turnoff to me and an instant red flag. If both parties have a mutual respect and trust for each other then jealousy and its associated drama is a moot point.
 Dare to
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2010 9:40:25 PM

Jealousy is a major turnoff to me and an instant red flag.
Yep me too.... I see it as an insult that they don't think i'm worthy of trust.. I too have ended a relationship because of constant unfounded jealousy. When it is extreme it even spills over onto them being jealous of anyone who takes your time away from them, including friends, family and even your own children. Never ever again will i tolerate a jealous person in my life......
 SaucyArtist
Msg: 115
Posted: 7/1/2011 9:42:00 PM

i do not think jealousy shows your partner cares for yo at all . i believe it means he or she doesnt trust you .if i trust my wife , what reason do i have to be jealous ? jealous of what ? cheating ? if i trust her how could i think she would cheat ? someone other guy trying to hit on her ? no matter what i do i can not control what other people do . i assume other guys would try to hit on her . hell i hope other guys try to hit on her . i would hate for my wife to think i am the only man who finds her attractive. if my wife wants to be with me she will be with me . if she doesnt she wont .
it all boils down to trust . i trust my wife so what reason do i have to be jealous.

I would add low self esteem and insecurity and (sometimes) guilt to that. I've noticed that some people who constantly assume a person cheats thinks that because they've cheated...
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 116
Posted: 7/1/2011 11:29:21 PM
Seriously, are you trying to respond to particular posters? Can you tell it's not working? Not here or on any of the other threads you've dug up.

Learn how to use the quote function. And for the love of sweet baby Oprah, if you're going to drag up old threads, please remember that half the people that you're trying to respond to just aren't here anymore.

Welcome to PoF...
 Cathysaint
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2011 4:23:52 AM
Not when it comes across as threatening, I feel scared if people fly into Jealous rages,instinct tells me to get out the way, rather than feel flattered around such strong emotion.
 Archangel_07
Msg: 118
Posted: 7/2/2011 6:56:36 AM
Jealousy means they care about you which can be a good thing, but jealousy in a controlling or possessive attitude is bad.
 Vannili
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2011 9:33:03 AM
Msg.#1:

For me jealousy is a negative impression to another person it connote she is in fear to lose someone affection/love /attention , for believing SHE IS NOT A WORTHY PERSON for that man... Or vice versa.
Jealous friends,families, co-workers,BOYFRIEND is a big turn off for me, I don't find it's cute at all. I think it is sick ,imagine you are in public or social circle and you smile to a guy or talk to him to be polite and there the boyfriend is sulking ,angry throwing you spiteful remarks and you don't know what's going on, You have to explained to him every detail why you smile or talk to that person, That is tiresome that you could easily lost your affection and respect to that bf. For stunting your growth as a person to have more experience and broadening your horizon interacting with others.
For jealous friends,families,co-workers, they are vicious always to put you down if they sense ,you have something good going on withyou...Ooh , I puke on this dialogue, "you gave so & so this, but you never give anything to me"!!!!!
Jealous people doesn't know what LOVE is,because they don't have it,but greed in them that there is no end feeding it.....

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jealous person,doesn't care about you affectionately, but she cares that you live for her and her alone.. You don't own your soul, she owns it....
 Archangel_07
Msg: 120
Posted: 7/2/2011 9:46:48 AM
^^^^^^^^
Lol
good point Vannili, you just pointed out is what I mean't, my bad. But You still own your soul but she wants you to be exclusive only to her alone. That's what I mean't thanks for the correction.
 Vannili
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2011 11:09:27 AM
Being exclusive to some one is to practice* moral obligation*, integrity and self respect... There is nothing wrong if you fall out with that exclusive person ,that happens,,,,, but you have to free yourself from her and move on.........
 Cathysaint
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2011 5:16:37 PM
That is very true, and you cant trust someone who is extremely Jealous in a relationship.
I used to just think man this is f*cked! no stability, never knowing if they are going to drop you due to their negative feelings.
Not secure enough , or a platform to grow together, and it turns out partner were the one cheating, couldnt believe it!
 Barredbard
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2011 9:09:07 PM
I may be in the minority - no pun intended - but I do find it curiously uplifting if the woman I am in love with is a bit jealous. If the feeling is genuine, it means that she cares; if she is nonchalant, it may be time to hire a private eye. Like everything else, jealousy can be carried too far, and given the choice between heaps of jealousy, and none, I would choose none. A drama-free life is bliss, right next to ignorance . . .
 yonniD
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2011 9:17:43 PM
I think under the right circumstance and motivation. Some people cheat if they feel there is no hope for the future or just able to get away with it.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > jealousy what does it mean