Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Suffolk and it's poxy flat soulless fields of dreary misery      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Jaybee2010
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Suffolk and it's poxy flat soulless fields of dreary miseryPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
To the OP - coming from Cumbria, anywhere is going to seem flat and barren. The Lake District has to be one of the most beautiful places in the UK. I lived there for 6 months earlier this year, I really miss it up there but not the rain!!!!
 Labdien!
Msg: 27
Suffolk and it's poxy flat soulless fields of dreary misery
Posted: 3/1/2010 12:01:06 PM

It's a soldiers right to complain.

Didn't your Mummy teach you anything?

It's a WOMAN'S right to complain........... that's it! Pure and simple......... we mere men cannot argue with that right, nor do we have the right to question it.......... it is just a simple fact of life.
 MarkHoppy
Msg: 28
Posted: 3/1/2010 12:51:11 PM
thanks for all the replies, im newly inspired to try and find some scenery down here, but yes the lake district is unbeatable and ive been spoilt with it. To that last guy, women don't complain any more than men and you've just basically complained about me complaining and yeah my mother has taught me loads and given me a decent upbringing to which im thankful.
 mischievouslens
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2010 7:43:10 PM
Oh dear, I can relate to what you’re feeling as I felt similar when I first moved to East Anglia from Scotland many years ago.

I was there initially for a year and in that time struggled to appreciate the landscapes’ beauty because it was SO flat and SO different to what I was used to...it was a really weird feeling as I’ve lived in several places and never felt unsettled by a different landscape.

I left for a year and then returned but second time around I really fell in love with the area and the landscape...it’s actually quite stunning and the sky and light has a whole different dimension to it (seriously)! The secret is to not compare it as it’s probably not comparable with where you’ve come from...either that or do as I did and leave and go back again and you’ll love it!
 MaidenOxford
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/3/2010 9:23:32 AM
I lived there for 5 years and also got to love it. In the area near Woodbridge there are some (gently) rolling hills and national forestry land, which I like a lot. What I like about it best though, is the dry climate and the fact that it's almost empty! which is a great novelty from anyone who normally lives in the SE of England.
 Falchion
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2010 9:57:16 AM
Well, it's like that here in this part of Norfolk on the edge of the Fens. I call it bat and flooring so as not to upset the locals. Had to dig out some earth for my new house and dumped it at the edge of the field, thus created the biggest hill in the village, folk came from miles around just to admire and climb it!!! Twas only surpassed at harvest time when the local farmer heaped up a pile of wurzels ready for loading onto a lorry.
From Kent originally, so do miss those rolling hills. Unfortunately Kent is between London and the Continent so has lots of traffic and it's also become rather overpopulated. Still nice round here to go out on the old motorbike for a run down some fairly quiet lanes. Avoid the coast road though, especially at Easter, the dreaded c*ra*ans appear. Has me reaching for that missile launch button that sadly isn't there. Oh well, there's always the moon I suppose.
 Telford girl
Msg: 32
Posted: 3/3/2010 12:53:25 PM

and guess what, its a tossing field.

I like the idea of one of those. I wonder what happens there....?!
 Cargy.
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2010 12:59:24 PM
I think you're looking at it all wrong.

Now, I like a gal with a fair bit of bappage. I like nothing better than a trek through the mountains of knockerland, or a trip through cleavage valley.

...But it's never stopped me enjoying the manifold other attractions of ladies with a flat chest!

Sandbagger
Msg: 34
Posted: 3/3/2010 2:15:06 PM

But it's never stopped me enjoying the manifold other attractions of ladies with a flat chest!

For God's sake, it's all cars cars cars with you!!!!!!!!!
 terry drivea
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2010 3:06:11 PM
i lived on the isle of sheppey a few years ago and it took me a few weeks to work out wot was missing ..TREES....since then i like trees
 Cleverkitten
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2010 3:33:15 PM

lived on the isle of sheppey a few years ago and it took me a few weeks to work out wot was missing ..TREES...

I think there are a few more things missing from the Isle of Sheppey, but I am far too polite to say

OT Constable painted some lovely pics of Suffolk but he was probably drunk from all the fermented sugar beet

MaidenOxford
Msg: 37
Posted: 3/4/2010 3:11:07 AM
Suffolk should look like paradise after the Isle of Sheppey, my sister lived there for around 20 years so have visited quite a bit. There's a bit of something resembling trees but probably overgrown hedgerow; and as for the human scenery, I too will zip my mouth.
 The Tactile Guy
Msg: 38
Posted: 3/4/2010 6:06:53 AM

just pretend your in Holland. Surrounded by Dykes

I thought that was the joy of living down here in sunny Brighton

I lived in Lincs & Cambs, North Lincs wolds are interesting but the Fens are a nothing but fields of vegetables!
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Suffolk and it's poxy flat soulless fields of dreary misery