Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > The 2010 NFL Season      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 newdejavu
Msg: 501
view profile
History
The 2010 NFL Season Page 21 of 24    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24)
It's only fitting in this season of upsets and "any given Sunday(or Saturday)" that the two #6 seeds have advanced to the title games in each conference. Both the Jets and Packers look legit; should be a couple of great games next Sunday!
 broncsbuff
Msg: 502
The 2010 NFL Season
Posted: 1/16/2011 5:25:04 PM
Billicheck got TOTALLY outcoached today..my goodness...

fake punt?...really Bill?...just didnt get it.

Brady has laid a clunker in his last two playoff games...
 justnancy
Msg: 503
view profile
History
The 2010 NFL Season
Posted: 1/16/2011 6:17:54 PM
Wow, Pats over Jets.

How about those Bears, they looked damn good today.
Now they just have to beat GB next week, that's going to be hard!
 MsMicki
Msg: 504
view profile
History
The 2010 NFL Season
Posted: 1/16/2011 7:10:26 PM

no way the Jets can beat the Patriots.

...just like there was no way seattle was gonna beat NO, right?..........but if you are that confident, then you might wanna make yourself a huge bet on the outcome!

Hope he didn't place that bet!!

What an interesting weekend of football!
The Packers/Bears game is going to be one heck of a game to watch....that is one
intense rivalry!

My favorite moment this weekend was when Baltimore sacked Roethlisberger and everyone just stood around with their thumbs up their butts ....till Redding took the ball in for a touchdown!!
 MGMLION
Msg: 505
The 2010 NFL Season
Posted: 1/16/2011 9:26:23 PM

^^^^^^^^^Jets were shutting down the Pats and had them on the ropes. If the Pats had executed that play and made the first down, went down and scored it may have been a different outcome. Jets held and scored a TD before half and was a TD the Pats could not get back.
 Baldy8
Msg: 506
The 2010 NFL Season
Posted: 1/17/2011 2:43:01 AM

Hope he didn't place that bet!!

I did place the bet but I broke even because I had the Bears in the earlier game lol. Congrats to the Jets though. I didn't think they could do it. I still will stick to my guns and say that Rex will never win a super bowl though. Time will tell.
 vbxtc
Msg: 507
view profile
History
The 2010 NFL Season
Posted: 1/17/2011 6:50:15 AM

A great call...with lousy execution. The end had his guy sealed tight. If the runner actually catches the snap it's good for an easy 20 yards. Just one more thing that didn't go right for the Pats, and led to a short field td. Bottom line is, when Ryan had to come up with a defensive scheme that worked against Brady he did. Brady had all day to throw and no one to throw to.

Bart Scott had the post-game line of the night: Everybody talks about their (Patriots)defense. They're ranked 25th. Their defense couldn't stop a nosebleed.
 HappyJack59
Msg: 508
The 2010 NFL Season
Posted: 1/17/2011 6:53:10 AM

Brady has laid a clunker in his last two playoff games...

According to the local rags, the fake punt call was made by Chung. The teevee heads said it would've worked if he caught the damn ball. I'm not so sure about that, but if this is true then it doesn't let Belichick off the hook, it makes things worse, letting that guy call it. That smirk on Ryan's face after it failed is going to haunt me for months.

As for Brady, the interception was totally on him, a terrible decision and throw. The rest of it you just have to tip your hat to the Jets D. If you let Brady get comfortable he'll kill you, and they didn't let him.

The future still looks bright for the Pats. They are extremely young. And they have a bunch of picks in the upcoming draft. For my part I'm hoping we've seen the last of Matt Light.
 broncsbuff
Msg: 509
The 2010 NFL Season
Posted: 1/17/2011 7:09:48 AM
You have to ask yourself if the risk/reward was worth it....

down 7-3....your havent been moving the ball...end of the half, at your own 30...

It looked to me like billicheck was panicking already...rex was in his head already...

every play is good if it works...

I think it was a HORRIBLE call as the risk/reward wasnt worth it. Even if they make it, they still have to drive down the field and score...

Brady will go down as one of the greatest, but he has laid clunkers in his last two...

anyway...early lines..

Green bay-3
Chicago

Pitt-3
Jets

Chicago getting points at home?....LOVE IT...
 Baldy8
Msg: 510
The 2010 NFL Season
Posted: 1/17/2011 9:00:05 AM

They are extremely young. And they have a bunch of picks in the upcoming draft.

They need to trade a draft pick or 2 and get a legit deep threat. I can see why they let go of Moss because of his attitude but they need to replace him somehow. Steve Smith from Carolina would be a good add.
 HappyJack59
Msg: 511
The 2010 NFL Season
Posted: 1/17/2011 9:51:11 AM

They need to trade a draft pick or 2 and get a legit deep threat. I can see why they let go of Moss because of his attitude but they need to replace him somehow. Steve Smith from Carolina would be a good add.

They have so many picks in the up coming draft (6 in the top 100 if I'm remembering correctly) that I suppose something like this is possible. But lack of a deep threat really wasn't the problem. They need help on both offensive and defensive lines and all those early draft picks are probably going to be used in search of that help. I'm definitely in the CHFF "Hood Ornament" school of thought when it comes to deep threats. A shiny accessory, something added as an afterthought.
 feltersnatch
Msg: 512
view profile
History
The 2010 NFL Season
Posted: 1/17/2011 2:22:04 PM

The future still looks bright for the Pats. They are extremely young. And they have a bunch of picks in the upcoming draft. For my part I'm hoping we've seen the last of Matt Light.

Certainly...Just remember this season was suppose to be a bridge year and they played fairly well. Although, they didn't play when it counted the most...There is no other place then to go up with the Patriots.
 vbxtc
Msg: 513
view profile
History
The 2010 NFL Season
Posted: 1/17/2011 5:18:00 PM

Steve Smith from Carolina would be a good add.

Santana Moss is a free agent this year and a lot of the rumor mill here has him going to NE. He can still get deep when he wants to, and in their offense he'd go crazy.
 sum1reel
Msg: 514
The 2010 NFL Season
Posted: 1/17/2011 8:53:57 PM
@wiz

Just remember this season was suppose to be a bridge year and they played fairly well.

yeah, it was a "reasonable" success...wouldn't you say?.......remember pal, being in denial is not an effective way to heal from your 'loss'.

There is no other place then to go up with the Patriots.

sure pal, whatevvah you say.....hey, maybe next season they'll go 16--0....ooops!!!..................
 HappyJack59
Msg: 515
The 2010 NFL Season
Posted: 1/18/2011 7:39:31 AM
Actually some of the local writers have identified the source of all the Patriots woes. You've heard of the Curse of the Bambino, we're now in the midst of the Curse of Gisele.

Within a week of starting to date Gisele they lost the AFC title game to the Colts. Brady has been in casts, knocked out for an entire season, the Giants debacle. Spygate. And now this Jets debacle. They haven't won a SB since he got together with her. Things aren't looking so hot down there in Brazil either, I bet they're calling it the Curse of Goldilocks, in Portguese.

He never should've left Bridget. Damn. Is he Catholic, can we get an annulment?
 Baldy8
Msg: 516
The 2010 NFL Season
Posted: 1/18/2011 8:51:08 AM

Santana Moss is a free agent this year and a lot of the rumor mill here has him going to NE.

I didn't know S Moss was a free agent this year. My nephew has been a fan of the Skins for 25 years and he usually keeps me in the loop about them. I know they have that Armstrong kid as a deep threat and Cooley but if they get rid of Moss they better get a solid replacement for him.
 feltersnatch
Msg: 517
view profile
History
The 2010 NFL Season
Posted: 1/18/2011 3:06:11 PM

@wiz

How sadly you are mistaken...

?.......remember pal, being in denial is not an effective way to heal from your 'loss'.

Not as effective as it has been for YOU!! Jumping on the Jets bandwagon (when you are suppose to be “Giant fan”) gives a whole new meaning of healing. Why not?!?! To be part winning team you gotta do those so called " i've bonded" approach. How else are you going to partake on those high fives and those brotherly love hugs with Jet fans? Now all you need to do is consider putting your Giant jersey away (and save it for a rainy day because you don't know when you might need it again) and go to Bloomingdales to get yourself a Jet jersey. Once you do that all those Giant moments will be a thing of the past.
 sum1reel
Msg: 518
The 2010 NFL Season
Posted: 1/18/2011 4:33:03 PM

How sadly you are mistaken

Umm, err...sure pal!...sure!

Jumping on the Jets bandwagon.....

..becomes a religious obligation in NY when the opponent is NE!......you see, it goes both ways pal!.......no self respecting Jet fan was gonna root for NE, during SB 42!

To see the Jets advance in the playoffs...is a welcomed sports event to most Newyorkers,..to see them possibly win the SB, would be stupendous!....and to do it all at the expense of having beaten NE along the way....is Priceless!...to both jets/giant fans!!!!
 HDready10
Msg: 519
view profile
History
The 2010 NFL Season
Posted: 1/22/2011 4:15:25 AM
super bowl weekend some local folks are renting their hard earned, well kept living quarters to perfect strangers for just a few thousand dollars. mine 300,000 up front cash and no refund.

the bear fans are the most arrogant they were hard to deal with during the '85 season. if you think that is ancient go screw urself.

GO PACKERS
 MGMLION
Msg: 520
The 2010 NFL Season
Posted: 1/22/2011 4:43:56 AM

super bowl weekend some local folks are renting their hard earned, well kept living quarters to perfect strangers for just a few thousand dollars. mine 300,000 up front cash and no refund.

Good luck to you on that.

Mrlowe45
Msg: 521
view profile
History
The 2010 NFL Season
Posted: 1/22/2011 9:00:14 AM
this is actually a good post by sum 1 reel
 justnancy
Msg: 522
view profile
History
The 2010 NFL Season
Posted: 1/22/2011 9:21:40 AM
^^^^ keeping it open and honest, good for you Mrlowe!!!!

Even though I don't always agree with Sum1, hey we all can't agree all the time, he does make some good points a lot, besides being a fellow Giants fan and a good sport!
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 523
view profile
History
The 2010 NFL Season
Posted: 1/22/2011 6:41:27 PM
Should be a good game tomm. of course I think us Steeler fans have been blessed 2 superbowl wins in 5 years, before that the Steelers went on a 26 year drought with no Superbowl wins.

If we win tomm i'm going to be excited, but not nearly as excited as jets fans will be. Last time they won a superbowl was 42 years ago and almost half of their fan base either weren't born yet or were too young to remember.

The Jets and Mets always reminded me of blue collar teams, the everyday 9 to 5 grind type of team while the Giants and Yankees always reminded me of white collar teams, the office/administrative type of team .

The funny thing is the Steelers and Jets are a lot of like in that respect. Both teams have that type of blue collar type of mentality.
 sum1reel
Msg: 524
The 2010 NFL Season
Posted: 1/22/2011 7:17:06 PM
^
Steel...as usual, you are very insightful in what you say.. .....i agree that the jets & steelers are similar kinda teams!.......too bad 1 of them has to lose!

May the best team win!...and may the winner emerge as the SB champs!...
---------------------------------------------------

Even though I don't always agree with Sum1, hey we all can't agree all the time, he does make some good points a lot, besides being a fellow Giants fan and a good sport!

Thanx, nancy!....
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 525
view profile
History
The 2010 NFL Season
Posted: 1/22/2011 11:21:31 PM
I think whoever wins this game tomm against in the AFC will win the Superbowl. Not to take anything away from Greenbay or Chicago, but when your team has the number 1 defense in the league or has knocked off SB Champion QB's, in one playoff run that says alot.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > The 2010 NFL Season