Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > The 2010 NFL Season      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HDready10
Msg: 76
view profile
History
The 2010 NFL Season Page 4 of 24    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24)
migivadamsbusted I'm just sooooooooo ready for some football!

ive always wondered why a team trades a good player to another in the same division, esp like a mcnabb.
who got the better end of the stick eagles or redskins? or maybe the redskins will use mcnabb as trade bait.
pete the nfc east has always been interesting you know that. the east will probably still see another wildcard team this year, but its gonna be a ruff road. i see the nfc east beating up on eachother this year, moreso.
 justnancy
Msg: 77
view profile
History
The 2010 NFL Season
Posted: 4/5/2010 5:33:23 PM
I was in shock when I read that McNabb is now a Redskin. Redskins have also arranged for a pre-draft visit from QB Sam Bradford tomorrow. Shanahan has told the Post that he is interested in grooming a new quarterback.

Pete, I agree the NFC East is going to be interesting this year. However HD is right the NFC East is ALWAYS interesting.

Not I. The 'skins have quietly been building a nice little offense. They're loaded at RB; and now with McNabb, could be a contender in the NFC East. Defense should be solid again. Wonder what this means for the future of Jason Campbell?

I agree Newdejavu, Skins just may be a team to look out for this season.

As far as Campbell is concerned, I read the same as Vbxtc, that they plan to trade him

And if we trade Campbell we might get a second or third rounder back

From Nfl.com

One day after the Redskins traded for Donovan McNabb, fellow quarterback Jason Campbell met with coach Mike Shanahan on Monday, according to a league source, with Shanahan explaining possible scenarios for Campbell's future.

HQ video delivered by Akamai
Campbell is hopeful to have a chance to start elsewhere, according to a league source, and has handled all the bumps in his Redskins career with class and dignity to this point. That's unlikely to change now. It's not in his nature.

Campbell, reached via text, said that he is "just chillin" for now and not making many public statements, at the request of his agent, Joel Segal.

Campbell did text, "It is hard right now, but I will get through it and bounce on my feet."

The Bills, Raiders, Jaguars and Panthers are all teams that could explore trades for Campbell, who has not yet signed his first-round restricted tender. Teams have until April 15 to sign restricted free agents to offer sheets.

McNabb, who has been a friend and mentor to Campbell going back to Campbell's days at Auburn, reached out to him after the trade, according to a league source. Campbell is a former first-round pick who has not had stability during his career in terms of offensive systems, coaches or the nucleus of players around him. The Redskins are expected to try to obtain a mid-round pick for Campbell.

LOL, Migivadamsbusted I agree I can't wait for the new season to start.

17 more days till the Draft.
 yeswho
Msg: 78
view profile
History
The 2010 NFL Season
Posted: 4/5/2010 11:41:25 PM
MGM the Eagles have a winning record under the McNabb era.The Eagles have a core of young offensive players and time to start Kolb with them It will take 2 years for the Defence to be built up and the O. to mesh with the young players.We still need Off. and Def line help with safties.I f Reid can learn to make adjustments while the game is in progress and not waste time outs bevause it takes him so long to call the plays and use the running game will will be ok.
 negpotoprens
Msg: 79
view profile
History
The 2010 NFL Season
Posted: 4/6/2010 4:58:33 PM

Redskins can't beat the Cowboys neither can McNabb.

Not a cowboys or iggle fan, but did they Iggles not roll over the cowboys two season ago, with McNabb at QB, and a playoff berth on the line?
 MGMLION
Msg: 80
The 2010 NFL Season
Posted: 4/6/2010 5:10:02 PM
^^^Yea but lost to Dallas in his last three meetings and losing back to back games.
 skoochie
Msg: 81
view profile
History
The 2010 NFL Season
Posted: 4/6/2010 5:17:12 PM
^^^Yes, they did.
It's funny hearing Dallas fans beat their chest with their one playoff victory in the past thirteen years.

Romo in training camp before the '08 season: "You could fast forward through the season, through the playoffs and into the Super Bowl...It's the the journey there that I enjoy." Hahahahaha What playoffs?

The problem with Romo is he thinks he's entitled to SB rings.
 HDready10
Msg: 82
view profile
History
The 2010 NFL Season
Posted: 4/6/2010 5:22:39 PM
yea it was like 44 to 10. but didnt the cowboys counterpunch that last year?
thats the past, what matters now is this year. thats what all this mcnabb/redskins/eagles hoopla is all about.
if mcnabb stays at washington it will be the biggest year in history, the east has seen yet.
 skoochie
Msg: 83
view profile
History
The 2010 NFL Season
Posted: 4/6/2010 6:14:48 PM
^^ I disagree. Mc Nabb was the leader of the Eagles. Now he's on the worst team in the East. I don't see how those two teams are gonna be playoff contenders, unless Kolb comes out and surprises the shit out of me. He's got the potential obviously, because the coaches gave him the backup job over Vick. But, my instincts (for whatever that's worth ) say that Kolb is always gonna be one loss away from being benched to bring Vick in as the starter. That kind of uncertainty hurts a team, because the QB doesn't feel secure in his leadership role.

As for McNabb playing on the Redskins team...He's a good QB. The skins have some good things going for them. I don't think Portis will be the guy all year. He's aging. He's taken a beating over the past couple years carrying that team. Betts is next in line? He's no Portis of years past. Their defense is solid. I'd point at the coaches for their problems.
 grandhusker
Msg: 84
view profile
History
The 2010 NFL Season
Posted: 4/7/2010 12:06:53 AM
You don't trade within division!!!!
 grandhusker
Msg: 85
view profile
History
The 2010 NFL Season
Posted: 4/7/2010 12:08:00 AM
That's like Favre going from GB to Minny ...... Oh wait
 justnancy
Msg: 86
view profile
History
The 2010 NFL Season
Posted: 4/7/2010 3:33:24 PM

You don't trade within division!!!!

Actually, I think it will make the games between the Eagles and Redskins that much more interesting this season. Like as if the the NFC east divisional games weren't already interesting.

I can understand WHY NcNabb wanted to stay in the division. It's a great division.
 Jake52177
Msg: 87
view profile
History
The 2010 NFL Season
Posted: 4/12/2010 12:02:05 PM
The Jets just stole one. If i wasn't a fan i would think wtf.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 88
view profile
History
The 2010 NFL Season
Posted: 4/12/2010 1:26:09 PM
The Steelers will reload, we always do. Holmes may have been a loss but we have an up coming WR star by the name of Mike Wallace that is going to help fill Holmes void.
 broncsbuff
Msg: 89
The 2010 NFL Season
Posted: 4/14/2010 10:37:54 AM
Horrible move by my broncos today....

Say what you want, Broncos should have kept Marshall, he might be the best reciever in the NFL(arguably)

Mcdumbass got two second rounders, and he is draft last year has been a BUST...Alphonso smith, Richard Quinn, and Robert Ayers, just to name a few.

Not to mention we passed over Orkapo to take Moreno...another bad pick...

Im so fustrated right now....We are down with the chiefs right now, in fact with the defense the chiefs are building the broncos might be the worst team in the AFC west...
 MGMLION
Msg: 90
The 2010 NFL Season
Posted: 4/14/2010 1:28:34 PM

Im so fustrated right now....We are down with the chiefs right now, in fact with the defense the chiefs are building the broncos might be the worst team in the AFC west...

Look on the bright side, could be in the NFC East.
 wizardofossington
Msg: 91
The 2010 NFL Season
Posted: 4/14/2010 2:54:45 PM

Say what you want, Broncos should have kept Marshall, he might be the best reciever in the NFL(arguably)

First Culter and now Marshall....Who's next Bronc?
 MGMLION
Msg: 92
The 2010 NFL Season
Posted: 4/14/2010 7:08:02 PM

Horrible move by my broncos today....

Say what you want, Broncos should have kept Marshall, he might be the best reciever in the NFL(arguably

May have been a good move for the Broncos, they were going to lose Brandon Marshall after this year to Free Agency.
 Deed50
Msg: 93
The 2010 NFL Season
Posted: 4/15/2010 12:15:23 AM
To broncos buff

Wasnt Brandon Marshal nothing but a headache 2 second picks isnt bad but if Marshal was being a pain in the A$$ then it may not of been a bad move.
Look at the chance the Cowboys took when they dumped TO and all the other headaches it worked out well for the Cowboys but they were lucky Austin Miles came through with a big season.
 broncsbuff
Msg: 94
The 2010 NFL Season
Posted: 4/15/2010 5:58:38 AM

2 second picks isnt bad but if Marshal was being a pain in the A$$ then it may not of been a bad move.

If mcdumbass draft was good last year I would be on board..let me give you a breakdown of his draft last year...ALL BUSTS....

1. Moreno:Passed on Orkapo, probably the best defensive player on the board. Took a scat back that couldnt even get 1000 yards last season even though mcdummy fed him the ball constantly...

2. Traded a first round pick for Alphonso Smith. A corner back that couldnt get on the field. We had to sign Ty Law off the retirment to play nickle, we took guys off the practice squad to play nickle....he couldnt even get on the field..

3. We moved up to take Richard Quinn. A BLOCKING tight end in the second round. Um...we might have the best blocking tight end in football in Daniel Graham...Another player who didnt even get on the field...

4. Darcell Mcbath. All he did was play special teams. And he really wasnt even that impactful there.

5. Robert Ayers..check above, we could have had Orkapo..

Look, I would be all in if I knew that mcdummy could draft. But last years draft was a BUST.

You dont trade a 6'4 220 lb reciever that is an impact player. Brandon marshall can win you games by himself. He is that good.

Horrible move, plain and simple...
 wizardofossington
Msg: 95
The 2010 NFL Season
Posted: 4/15/2010 2:10:06 PM
Everything was fine and dandy when the Broncos were 6-0 and now have been nothing more than a disappointment....Its sad really.
 MGMLION
Msg: 96
The 2010 NFL Season
Posted: 4/15/2010 5:00:39 PM
Everything was fine and dandy when the Patsy's were 18*- 0 going into Super Bowl XLII against the wild card New York Giants and now have been nothing more than a Big Disappointment It's very, very sad really.
 justnancy
Msg: 97
view profile
History
The 2010 NFL Season
Posted: 4/15/2010 5:01:59 PM
^^^^^What he said.
 negpotoprens
Msg: 98
view profile
History
The 2010 NFL Season
Posted: 4/15/2010 7:16:42 PM
The Pats where in the playoffs last year....
 MGMLION
Msg: 99
The 2010 NFL Season
Posted: 4/15/2010 7:34:55 PM

The Pats where in the playoffs last year....

But they didn't get any where in the playoffs last year.
 wizardofossington
Msg: 100
The 2010 NFL Season
Posted: 4/15/2010 8:38:08 PM
But they didn't get any where in the playoffs last year.

Neither were your Cowboys and YOU after Favre took Romo to school.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > The 2010 NFL Season