Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Never been married, no kids. Is this a red flag?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 steve55321
Msg: 176
Never been married, no kids. Is this a red flag?Page 8 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
god another 5 year old message
 Iwant2beewithYou
Msg: 177
view profile
History
Never been married, no kids. Is this a red flag?
Posted: 3/12/2010 2:07:23 PM
red flag may go because some people are very bad news. Over 40 and never married could mean that the person is the type that is very undesirable. Of course over 40 and never married could mean the person is uncommitting. The person could be a great date, friend, hangout, etc., but not long term material. Over 40 and never married could mean that the person has been looking but hasn't found the right one yet. Over 40 and never married could mean a person who has seen friends or family get burned, and the person is very careful. Over 40 and never married could mean the person is very considerate and wants to be sure that he or she is good for long term with their someone. Some overly committed people just jump in one disasterous relationship after another. As I remember in college, there is a saying about marriage "It's better to be out and wanting to get in, than in wanting to get out". Just because someone is over 40 and never married should not mean no hope.
 sweetness-one
Msg: 178
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2010 2:10:27 PM

all these things run thru our minds

Speak for yourself.

I'm thinking, cool! No alimony payments, no child support payments, his time is his own so he can be spontaneous, no crazy ex to deal with...JACKPOT!
 Cat*Eyes
Msg: 179
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2010 2:19:00 PM
My opinion is, I prefer a man who has no kids and never was married. That fact shows better judgement than people who WERE married and have kids. Those married with children and now divorced shows inability to have a real relationship, with real responsibility, most times, unless they are just a victum of bad luck.
I personally don't have kids and I do not want kids and I do NOT want someone with kids because your kids are interference in developing a real relationship with me.
Summary: The Red Flag goes on when people are divorced with kids.
The Red Flag goes on especially if you have kids. I do not have that baggage and I do not want that baggage of kids.
To the OP, I do not think the fact, you were never married and have no kids is THE real reason you are not having any luck. It definely is not the reason I am not having any luck either.
 Maleman999
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2010 2:48:47 PM
What a joke: People who are a failure at relationships and marriage red flagging people who have NOT made mistakes in the marriage and kids (in many cases, unplanned and unwanted children) department. They think finding someone else who is also a failure in marriage and commitment who probably has a lot of baggage in comparison is a better catch
 curlygrl
Msg: 181
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2010 2:58:35 PM

What a joke: People who are a failure at relationships and marriage red flagging people who have NOT made mistakes in the marriage and kids (in many cases, unplanned and unwanted children) department. They think finding someone else who is also a failure in marriage and commitment who probably has a lot of baggage in comparison is a better catch

Yeah - I am one of those failures too. Never married. No kids.
Im a big ole honkin red flag just waving away.

Im commitiment phobic-I was in a relationship for 15 years .
I have no children - I was educated in birth control while single.
Yeah - big ole red flag here.

I think on any level we are ALL red flags. WE all have something that
makes someone run.

Hey so be it.
 DebiDuzDishes
Msg: 182
Posted: 3/12/2010 4:55:34 PM
This is absolutely true.. we ARE all red flags.

i just wonder why someone hasnt been married or has kids by 45.. i cant have anymore.. and i dont want to. why wouldnt someone WANT kids ever?

a man with no kids NEED a baby maker.. or need to make it clear they NEVER want any.

its not stereotyping.. its not me cutting anyone down!!.. its just scary .. that someone who has NEVER taken the leap.. (will they ever take a leap?)

im like this super easy going person.. who deserves a NICE Wonderful human with a good heart.. (though im not ready to date yet this round)

in the end.. i will expect mr good heart.. and if none appear.. i will skip skip skip
 Fifi47
Msg: 183
Posted: 3/12/2010 5:03:20 PM
Some people prefer to not marry, which does not make them selfish or freaks or anything. Everyone does not want children, I have a niece who is probably the most giving person I have ever met, and she and her kind hearted husband do not want to have children. I always wanted to have children, but did not want to be a single parent, so in my own way grieved when my child bearing days were over without having married or become a mother, but life goes on. Many of us who have not married and had children are nice, wonderful humans, we have just not met our matches, and have learned to accept that we may be single all our lives.
 verityone
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2010 5:14:19 PM
This is absolutely true.. we ARE all red flags.

According to whom?
According to what logic?
According to what barometer?

Speak for yourself, only.

There are people, nothing like you, at all.

i just wonder why someone hasnt been married or has kids by 45..

Why?
It's not mandatory.
Since when does having been married, and having procreated become such an important achievement?
Any moron can do those things.

Some got married, who never should have got married, in the first place.
Some have kids, who never should have even been allowed to.

Some were failures, as both a spouse, and a parent.

why wouldnt someone WANT kids ever?

Because they have a life worth not making sacrifices?

a man with no kids NEED a baby maker..

According to whom?
According to what logic?
According to what barometer?

Speak for yourself, only.

There are people, nothing like you, at all.

or need to make it clear they NEVER want any.

Is there a pandemic of people, who are frauding others, into believing they want kids?

its not stereotyping.. its not me cutting anyone down!!..

A tad defensive, are we?...

its just scary .. that someone who has NEVER taken the leap.. (will they ever take a leap?)

How did you arrive to fear people who don't want to resemble you?
And how long have you had this fear?

im like this super easy going person..

Who said you weren't?
A tad defensive, are we?...

im like this super easy going person.. who deserves a NICE Wonderful human with a good heart.. (though im not ready to date yet this round)

What makes you believe that any of those things entitle you to anything, let alone what it is you desire?

Yeah - I am one of those failures too. Never married. No kids.
Im a big ole honkin red flag just waving away.

Im commitiment phobic-I was in a relationship for 15 years .
I have no children - I was educated in birth control while single.
Yeah - big ole red flag here.

Can you move it out of the way?...
Msg: 185
Posted: 3/12/2010 5:26:38 PM
yes, 45 with no kids, and no marriage shows lack of commitment.

Sooooo 45 divorced,possibly multiple times and a slew of kids in their wake shows commitment!!?? Really? If anything divorced shows failure.You failed at your marriage because you are no longer married.

Ray: I'll do it. Just a warning though. You won't be getting too much in the settlement. lol.

Oh that doesn't matter. If we can have a divorce under our belts then people with the crazy notion of being divorced shows you are good at commitment, will put away those dang red flags. ;)
 Paderic
Msg: 186
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2010 6:10:43 PM

i just wonder why someone hasnt been married or has kids by 45.. i cant have anymore.. and i dont want to. why wouldnt someone WANT kids ever?

a man with no kids NEED a baby maker.. or need to make it clear they NEVER want any.

its not stereotyping.. its not me cutting anyone down!!.. its just scary .. that someone who has NEVER taken the leap.. (will they ever take a leap?)

I don't understand. Are you afraid because you believe a man who hasn't had children is going to force you to have them against your will? Or are you afraid that someone who hasn't been married isn't going to want to marry you? On the one hand, you're worried that someone who hasn't had children is in a hurry to do it, and on the other you're worried that someone who hasn't been married will never do that. I don't understand what you base those conclusions on.

in the end.. i will expect mr good heart.. and if none appear.. i will skip skip skip

I'm not sure what your sense of entitlement has to do with the topic. I am curious, though, how you know mr good heart won't skip skip skip...
 EvilLolli
Msg: 187
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2010 8:12:56 PM
This thread continues to crack me up! So many people have a time line on being average they really hate it when others don't follow a time line too.

Married w/ kids by 20-something, divorced w/ kids by 30-something=dating gold mine? WTF?

It's a shame there aren't statistics on broken engagements. Or can we count broken engagements/LTRs as divorces? Will that help? "It wasn't a break up, it was a divorce without lawyers."

Can I claim I am "divorced" by claiming I have divorced myself from reality?

And anyone with working reproductive organs can have kids, it doesn't mean much. Giving birth isn't a special skill or ability to bring to a relationship. OI! Heck children in school can make babies, doesn't mean they understand commitment.

But I guess since marriage isn't a life long binding contract to many, the predetermined time period lease of a marriage is the better option. After all if you were married and have become divorced, you didn't buy the cow, you just leased it. Kinda like a car...
 BigDaddyJinx
Msg: 188
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2010 8:54:32 PM

It's a shame there aren't statistics on broken engagements. Or can we count broken engagements/LTRs as divorces?

I had 1.5 broken engagements...I'm slightly ahead of the curve LOL. Lucky for me that's as close to divorce as I'll get
 CoolBreezez
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2010 9:48:09 PM

I'm thinking, cool! No alimony payments, no child support payments, his time is his own so he can be spontaneous, no crazy ex to deal with...JACKPOT!

Well there ya go! Brings a few good things to the table doesn't it? Not to mention a few extra $$ not spent on something futile. And you girls can do this too- its OK in these times of equality. lol

But hey- who would want some slacker that took the easy way out like that and saw some sense to not marry and have kids in an obviously bad situation. Such a coward is not worthy of respect.

To each their own - but not everyone's life turns out the same. Maybe some didn't make the leap when they were young and foolish because they knew they were- young and foolish. Others- the right opportunity didn't knock- yet. But since your still alive there's always a chance another will.
 missleann
Msg: 190
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2010 9:48:46 PM
I really must be a red flag person then. I'm going to 31 on Monday, I still live with my parents. I've never been married or do I have any kids. Yes, I do have a job, and my own car, and pay for my own bills. I have people in my family that tell me they are going to set me up on a blind date, but never do.
 Fifi47
Msg: 191
Posted: 3/13/2010 4:44:07 AM
I must have multiple red flags, as I am 52, have not been engaged or lived with anyone, as living with someone is not for me (seems to work out for some people). Some of us who have not been married have either been engaged and knew it was not for the best so did not marry the person (people), or wise enough to end the relationships due to incompatibility before we became engaged. What gets me is we are supposed to be so open minded about dating divorced people, but they are so closed minded about dating us.
 curlygrl
Msg: 192
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2010 12:44:53 PM
why wouldnt someone WANT kids ever?

I did. It just didnt happen.

I think when it come to people like me-you really need to hear the
whole story before passing judgement.

My story is sad as I am sure most here who are over 40 are. It just
didnt happen. Not because I was commitment phobic, didnt want them,
couldnt find a good enough baby father etc etc...

By the time I was out of that long relationship without a commitment from
him or children, it was too late to start a family for me.

Life kept getting in the way. I put kids and marriage off with him. I thought
there would come a time- the time never came.

I really think some of you need to hear the person out first before really passing
judgement as to why they are in this situation. Not a bad situation - just thier
situation.

umm.... okay. LOL!!!
 verityone
Msg: 193
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2010 2:00:54 PM

umm.... okay. LOL!!!

Ta Da!

Now everyone can see how cute you really are...

**muttering to self** I really need to start charging money for this.....it's like shooting fish in a barrel.....
 xlr8ingmargo
Msg: 194
Posted: 3/13/2010 2:06:18 PM
Well I happen to like dating men without kids that have never been married.
To me it's a Yipee flag of freedom.
 CoolBreezez
Msg: 195
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2010 3:06:43 PM

it's like shooting fish in a barrel.....

That sounds like a good name/ concept for a dating site- maybe one for unmarried only?

I really need to start charging money for this.....

Better run to the patent office now....

verityone
Msg: 196
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2010 3:29:15 PM
Better run to the patent office now....

Mehhh......I'm too busy having fun dating all the 'red flags' everyone else is tossing by the wayside.

Ever see how cute some of them are?
And talented?...

M E O W

I've got bigger fish to fry...

Or is that tuna?
Or chicken?...

Nevermind....
 xlr8ingmargo
Msg: 197
Posted: 3/13/2010 3:32:42 PM
Meow meow there are some sexy kittens out here that wanna play with good bad boys.

Chicken sweetness, it tastes like chicken...
 btj_rv
Msg: 198
Posted: 3/14/2010 4:41:23 AM
I actually thought about this the other day. It seems to be about important as is with your counterpart. There are several people that I know of that got married in their forties. I think it has been a societal expectation that a person marry and have kids in particular in the early to late twenties. Now since there has been a paradigm shift the ideal age for marriage and children has increased. Also it is said that the more educated a couple the more likely they are to stay married.
 Arabianangel
Msg: 199
Posted: 3/14/2010 4:55:08 AM

Meow meow there are some sexy kittens out here that wanna play with good bad boys.

Chicken sweetness, it tastes like chicken...

I think you'd wear Verity out Margo!
 xlr8ingmargo
Msg: 200
Posted: 3/14/2010 7:38:48 AM
Ha ha ha ha ha.....
I think I'd wear Verity and Zeke out,
but that could be a whole thread of it's own!
Thats why never married, never had kids men appeal to me.
No drama, and extra energy to spare!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Never been married, no kids. Is this a red flag?